Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Them and us. 07:49 - Jul 15 with 8934 viewsconnell10

I'm starting to feel that a lot of people are expecting and wanting us to fail this year and it's beginning to get on me nerves to be honest! I'm starting to feel a certain them and us theme creeping into how our feel! I want Rangers to prove people wrong ! So Com on U Rsssssss! Just to get this clear I dont mean our OWN fans .....
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 9:46]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Them and us. on 08:02 - Jul 15 with 4849 viewsDorse

I want us to be the best we can be. Trouble is, most football fans assume that means 'the best there is'. That ain't us and never was. So, let's just do 'us' the best we can - that's enough for me. Effort, character, humour, occasional glimpses of outrageous cheek / ability.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Them and us. on 08:17 - Jul 15 with 4794 viewsjohnhoop

I think there’s a big difference between expecting and wanting though Connell. From what they’ve written recently I definitely think Clive ( and Antti ) probably fall into the “expecting” category but I certainly wouldn’t accuse them of wanting us to fail.
I’ve got my season ticket and I’m going to every game I can make wanting us to win but it doesn’t stop me having a sinking feeling about the size of the task that lies ahead of us, when you compare our playing resources with those of most of our opponents.
Them and us. on 08:28 - Jul 15 with 4757 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'm expecting relegation, nothing more. That doesn't mean I dont want them to win, just being realistic.
Unfortunately, the squad in it's current form is woefully equipped for the Championship. And despite what some people keep saying, there is no money to rectify the problems.

I just don't want us to be humiliated. If we do stay up, fantastic!
Them and us. on 08:32 - Jul 15 with 4759 viewsbosh67

Them and us. on 08:28 - Jul 15 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I'm expecting relegation, nothing more. That doesn't mean I dont want them to win, just being realistic.
Unfortunately, the squad in it's current form is woefully equipped for the Championship. And despite what some people keep saying, there is no money to rectify the problems.

I just don't want us to be humiliated. If we do stay up, fantastic!

I haver to admit that if you compare this squad to any of the previous 5 lets say, then I agree it is a lot weaker on paper than anything I have seen in years. I think we will struggle this season but likewise I would be delighted if we do a lot better and stay up with a hand full of games to spare.

The crushing reality is that we are very much the poor relations financially in this league now and we have to hope that Gazza can galvanise Luton style doggedness to grind out results and perhaps surprise us. But we have no money and people have to get used to the head coach doing what he can with what he's got. Expectations have to be on what we've got caring and fighting tooth and nail this season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Them and us. on 08:34 - Jul 15 with 4752 viewsNorthernr

Them and us. on 08:17 - Jul 15 by johnhoop

I think there’s a big difference between expecting and wanting though Connell. From what they’ve written recently I definitely think Clive ( and Antti ) probably fall into the “expecting” category but I certainly wouldn’t accuse them of wanting us to fail.
I’ve got my season ticket and I’m going to every game I can make wanting us to win but it doesn’t stop me having a sinking feeling about the size of the task that lies ahead of us, when you compare our playing resources with those of most of our opponents.

It would be a bit mental spending £x thousands of pounds going to every game of a team you wanted to fail. I know I'm strange, but I'm not that strange.
Them and us. on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 4733 viewsessextaxiboy

Yep . No one wants us to fail , not on here anyway but loads not only expecting it but stating it as a done deal , no wait and see ...nope... gone
Them and us. on 09:09 - Jul 15 with 4617 viewsdaveB

expect the worst then we won't be disappointed.

I hope we do well, I do think Ainsworth is doing the right thing in trying to build a team spirit and feeling of togetherness but for that to work you need the fans onside and a good start is vital for that.

Have to say a year ago despite all the big talk from beale I feared for us a bit at the start, no right back, lack of goals and the midfield didn't look great with his plan to play Field as an attacking midfield player. I've got similar fears about the squad at the moment but will be interesting to see who we bring in this time, not used any loans yet and a large chunk of the window still left.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 9:12]
Them and us. on 09:17 - Jul 15 with 4592 viewsdmm

Extending the 'Them and Us' theme a little further, I can see Ainsworth instilling this idea within the squad - underdog QPR against the world; a bit like Holloway's good old days.
Login to get fewer ads

Them and us. on 09:23 - Jul 15 with 4566 viewsNorthernr

Them and us. on 09:17 - Jul 15 by dmm

Extending the 'Them and Us' theme a little further, I can see Ainsworth instilling this idea within the squad - underdog QPR against the world; a bit like Holloway's good old days.

It was a big part of his Wycombe as I understand it. No money, no resources, nobody likes us, nobody gives us a chance - fck em.
Them and us. on 09:23 - Jul 15 with 4557 viewsdistortR

They'll have to be mentally and physically tough, it's what we've got just now.
And a plethora of attacking midfielders, strangely.
Them and us. on 09:24 - Jul 15 with 4546 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Them and us. on 09:36 - Jul 15 with 4510 viewsconnell10

Them and us. on 08:17 - Jul 15 by johnhoop

I didn't mean our own fans mate , of course no one who supports a club wants it to fail. I'm more talking about people outside the club .

Them and us. on 09:37 - Jul 15 with 4499 viewsBklynRanger

Nobody on here wants us to fail Connell, shirley?

I think the expectation part of things is more of a continuum anyway, rather than one group against another. Maybe some sort of scale where 10 sees us as champions elect and 1 sees us as guaranteed relegated.

Plenty of people have cause to be closer to 1 than 10 after the season just gone. Personally I think there were enough things wrong with that squad, beyond player quality, that if corrected can give us a chance of staying up. Maybe even putting in the odd decent performance.

So I may need to think this scale idea through a bit more but that probably puts me at about a 4 - which is fine.
Them and us. on 09:38 - Jul 15 with 4497 viewsconnell10

Them and us. on 09:36 - Jul 15 by connell10

I didn't mean our own fans mate , of course no one who supports a club wants it to fail. I'm more talking about people outside the club .

Oh and I marked you down accidentally mate , sorry .

Them and us. on 09:43 - Jul 15 with 4469 viewsconnell10

Them and us. on 09:37 - Jul 15 by BklynRanger

Nobody on here wants us to fail Connell, shirley?

I think the expectation part of things is more of a continuum anyway, rather than one group against another. Maybe some sort of scale where 10 sees us as champions elect and 1 sees us as guaranteed relegated.

Plenty of people have cause to be closer to 1 than 10 after the season just gone. Personally I think there were enough things wrong with that squad, beyond player quality, that if corrected can give us a chance of staying up. Maybe even putting in the odd decent performance.

So I may need to think this scale idea through a bit more but that probably puts me at about a 4 - which is fine.

See my post above , I didn't say our own fans that would be a mental thing to say .....

Them and us. on 09:49 - Jul 15 with 4429 viewsSonofpugwash

Just so long as we don't start emulating Millwall.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Them and us. on 10:00 - Jul 15 with 4395 viewsBAWHoops

Great book (great series. If you haven't read it it's about a junior hockey team in Sweden. Beartown)
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 10:01]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Them and us. on 10:13 - Jul 15 with 4311 viewsjohnhoop

Them and us. on 09:38 - Jul 15 by connell10

Oh and I marked you down accidentally mate , sorry .

No problem Connell and it appears I’ve misunderstood what you were getting at with your original post. I’d agree that there’s an awful lot of people outside of our own support who’d be delighted to see us go down. Let’s hope that as others have said, Gareth can use that to help to create a bond in the team that will work in our favour.
Them and us. on 10:25 - Jul 15 with 4270 viewsstevec

Them and us. on 09:36 - Jul 15 by connell10

Not even sure there is a them any more, we’ve fallen so far, outside the fan base we’re largely forgotten.

As for us, it’s hard to even put a case for a numbers 1 to 11 that can compete at this level, let alone the lack of depth beyond the first choices.

Most of this squad must have got used to a spanking, I doubt if it even hurts any more. Solutions so far, bring back Smyth and I’ve witnessed him wilt in the first 45 minutes of a game when it wasn’t going his way. Decent footballer maybe but that’s been it and we’re half way through pre season training.

Our best hope is it takes a considerable amount of incompetence to get relegated from the Championship, I’m clinging on to us finding those three.
Them and us. on 10:43 - Jul 15 with 4174 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Just have a feeling we’ll surprise a few this season.
Them and us. on 11:00 - Jul 15 with 4118 viewsNorthantsHoop

Don't think we are expecting to fail, we are again struggling to find an identity. Without stating the obvious we are seen as a bit of a heritage act when ask my other footballing supporting mates they all talk about QPR with Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh etc.no real mention of recent times in the Prem even though fleeting. I have always felt since starting to go regularly to Rangers again in the last 10 years that we need to be a solid Championship side that can be hard to beat at home and that is something Gareth needs to improve on, as successive managers have struggled to get fortress Loftus Road which is a strong part of our heritage.
Them and us. on 11:03 - Jul 15 with 4083 viewsBoston

When the whistle blows, I expect us to fix bayonets and go over the top.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Them and us. on 11:05 - Jul 15 with 4096 viewsHammersmithR

No Rangers fan wants to see us do badly but the majority of us are realists. I’ve renewed but fear the worst this season. The squad looks absolutely bang average. We are going to have a 36 year old in goal who has barely played in the last 2 years. He was poor in his last game at the Bush against us for Everton. We are going to have Kakay as our starting right back. I think he is not good enough for this level. We have one senior centre back in Dunne who was part of a partnership that conceded Gil after goal last season. The midfield looks absolutely powder puff except for Field. And we are going into a season with a striker who simply doesn’t score but some fans like him because he runs around a bit. We have signed Paul Smyth who we released 3 years ago because he wasn’t good enough at this level. Unless we sign 6 or 7 players with proper experience at this level then we will 100% go down. A defence of Paal, Dunne, Kakay and one other will not keep us up.
Them and us. on 11:26 - Jul 15 with 4014 viewsWokingR

Them and us. on 08:39 - Jul 15 by essextaxiboy

Yep . No one wants us to fail , not on here anyway but loads not only expecting it but stating it as a done deal , no wait and see ...nope... gone

I’m not so sure about that.
There is a certain element on here that seem to revel in a defeat or bad news and are nowhere to be found after a win.
Them and us. on 11:29 - Jul 15 with 4004 viewsdavman

Them and us. on 10:25 - Jul 15 by stevec

Not even sure there is a them any more, we’ve fallen so far, outside the fan base we’re largely forgotten.

As for us, it’s hard to even put a case for a numbers 1 to 11 that can compete at this level, let alone the lack of depth beyond the first choices.

Most of this squad must have got used to a spanking, I doubt if it even hurts any more. Solutions so far, bring back Smyth and I’ve witnessed him wilt in the first 45 minutes of a game when it wasn’t going his way. Decent footballer maybe but that’s been it and we’re half way through pre season training.

Our best hope is it takes a considerable amount of incompetence to get relegated from the Championship, I’m clinging on to us finding those three.

"Most of this squad must have got used to a spanking" - yep, Them and Us.

Agree with where most have got to on this thread - there is a MASSIVE difference to thinking something and wanting it - hence "heart and head" type outcomes.

There should be absolutely no doubt that after October, we were, statistically and to the eye, potentially the worst team the Championship has seen. Pulling no punches, it was disgraceful and completely soul destroying - take those freak results v Burnley and Stoke away and we were down after being top in October. Was it 30 points after 16 games, then 18 more in THIRTY games. ONE win in FIFTEEN HOME GAMES FFS. **SHUDDER**

It takes a hell of a lot to get one's head round that and to convince it we'll be better this year.

On paper, the squad we appear to be going into this season with is miles behind that squad from last year. The mentality issues and the lack of work ethic from those players maybe the thing that gives us a little hope. This lot we have this season might be as bad as my head tells me they will be, but we can hope that they will try and try and try. Hopefully that will lead to a series of Watford (h) performances. BNUT, again, my HEAD tells me that won't be enough.

Do I want things to pan out that way - god, no. Do I even want to have "pleasure" in saying "I told you so"? No, of course not; I'd rather be wrong.

I am still struggling to find ONE let alone three teams worse than us.

But, I WANT us to win the bloody thing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024