Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20th June...? 07:19 - Jun 1 with 11068 viewsDorse

According to the BBC, that's when we might see the Championship return.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52834579

Might be nice.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

20th June...? on 17:55 - Jun 1 with 2599 viewsrsonist

20th June...? on 14:54 - Jun 1 by stevec

Let’s hope their vocal negative attitude doesn’t seep through to the players.

Let's hope viral contagion doesn't seep through gung-ho optimism.
20th June...? on 18:01 - Jun 1 with 2584 viewsdaveB

20th June...? on 17:43 - Jun 1 by thame_hoops

I agree with this. the clubs will have been in constant contact/zoom etc with players offering fitness tuition, meal plans, checking stats on worksouts etc (i can do this using an apple watch for heavens sake) so three weeks is plenty of notice, its the same for every club remember.

the issue they seem to have is they were not consulted and the 3 weeks is actually only 2 and a half weeks of contact training as how they do that has still not been agreed so is not starting until later this week.

QPR will need other clubs to say something though otherwise it will just be dismissed as moaning
20th June...? on 18:48 - Jun 1 with 2481 viewstraininvain

20th June...? on 17:48 - Jun 1 by rsonist

I don't recall Sage advising on the pressing need for football to "give us something to talk about but also show people that it’s generally safe to be outside".

Have Sage said that behind closed doors football is unnecessarily risky? Or any scientific advice to suggest it shouldn’t be happening?

Doubt it’d be going ahead across Europe if there was a major risk attached. I’m more cautious than most with a young baby at home but at some point we need to start taking small steps towards normal life and starting football again will help in my opinion.

Fair enough if you disagree but I don’t see a contradiction in my original post.
20th June...? on 18:52 - Jun 1 with 2471 viewsNorthernr

Small issue, we only reeseeded the pitch last week, it's currently a sandpit.
Expect a run on the MiracleGrow.
20th June...? on 19:08 - Jun 1 with 2417 viewsPunteR

20th June...? on 18:52 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Roll out the plastic pitch again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

20th June...? on 19:47 - Jun 1 with 2358 viewsterryb

That would seem to be a very bad decision to have made!

The resumption date wasn't known, but everything appeared to point to before the end of June.
20th June...? on 19:50 - Jun 1 with 2310 views2Thomas2Bowles

If we get an rain we can go back to 70's mud, sand and sliding tackles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

20th June...? on 20:02 - Jun 1 with 2325 viewsdavman

The response to your tweet seems to indicate that the pitch is just fine...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

20th June...? on 20:03 - Jun 1 with 2321 viewsswitchingcode

You can borrow one of ours 😀
20th June...? on 21:19 - Jun 1 with 2185 viewsNorthernr

20th June...? on 20:02 - Jun 1 by davman

The response to your tweet seems to indicate that the pitch is just fine...

Yeh it’s getting there. Need some of that seed myself, the stuff I use in my garden isn’t that good!

20th June...? on 21:22 - Jun 1 with 2178 viewsflynnbo

20th June...? on 21:19 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Yeh it’s getting there. Need some of that seed myself, the stuff I use in my garden isn’t that good!

I miss our ground!
20th June...? on 00:50 - Jun 2 with 1973 viewsdigswellhoop

They now saying our pitch isnt ready after work on it .Should have been ready to start yesterday .Efl have been poor in this but they have the pirymid to look after .Not just the money teams in prem. What if leauge cup and any other cup says to premier clubs no under23 s no prem clubs inEFL CUP then they get on with it .AND AS WE KNOW the championsip is the hardest to play in. And i dont care if i cant spell pr grammer is wrong
20th June...? on 07:04 - Jun 2 with 1881 viewsRs_Holy

seeing as its supposed to be behind closed doors cant they just play at the training ground?
We're not going up and we're not going down so lets just get this season over.
20th June...? on 07:11 - Jun 2 with 1875 viewsdistortR

20th June...? on 21:22 - Jun 1 by flynnbo

I miss our ground!

so will a ring-rusty Jordan Hugill's first volley!

(Hope we can keep him next season)
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 7:12]
20th June...? on 07:29 - Jun 2 with 1851 viewsNorthernr

20th June...? on 07:04 - Jun 2 by Rs_Holy

seeing as its supposed to be behind closed doors cant they just play at the training ground?
We're not going up and we're not going down so lets just get this season over.

Think they have "security concerns". I.e. it's quite easy to get onto Harlington from the surrounding area, and you can see the game from the road so people might be tempted to do that.
20th June...? on 08:00 - Jun 2 with 1812 viewsBrianMcCarthy

20th June...? on 07:29 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Think they have "security concerns". I.e. it's quite easy to get onto Harlington from the surrounding area, and you can see the game from the road so people might be tempted to do that.

Ya, good point. Some definitely would.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

20th June...? on 08:33 - Jun 2 with 1772 viewsNorthernr

20th June...? on 08:00 - Jun 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, good point. Some definitely would.

Don't look at me like that
20th June...? on 08:46 - Jun 2 with 1759 viewsBrianMcCarthy

20th June...? on 08:33 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Don't look at me like that

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

20th June...? on 09:30 - Jun 2 with 1699 viewsfrancisbowles

20th June...? on 08:46 - Jun 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind!

Well he said he wanted a crowd atmosphere!

Rangers
20th June...? on 15:19 - Jun 2 with 1502 viewsrsonist

https://talksport.com/football/efl/712585/qpr-ceo-lee-hoos-simon-jordan-clash-ch

Hoos: "It’s about controlling that playing budget, keeping it small and preventing preventable injuries. To have assets on the stands and not on the pitch is a total waste.
That’s our view; other teams with a deeper squad are saying, ‘so what, we can keep throwing players at it’.
The best way to mitigate that risk is to have one extra week training.
I’ve spoken to our sports scientists and our players, not all of them, but they’ve said that extra week is massive."

SJ: “You can listen to the science to certain point. With respect to scientists, they are not as accountable as commercial people in the real world."
20th June...? on 16:27 - Jun 2 with 1478 viewsrobith

20th June...? on 14:18 - Jun 1 by Lblock

So let me get this right?

We're concerned players might lack fitness?????

Now I appreciate match sharpness and all that but for the love of God what have these blokes been doing on a daily basis to justify picking up grands a week?
Obviously some have been flying in their favourite French barber, travelling t sex parties in Paris, having select gatherings with call girls etc but is there anything else for them to do BUT actually keep fit on their own???

Three weeks more than enough time to get logistics sorted. We've had to react to the Goverments ever changing advice proceedures to get building sites open, logisitics changing on a daily bl00dy basis! We've lost thousands of pounds but we're now out there working in very different ways just to keep cashflow and justify our jobs as "we cannot work from home"....... I just don't think Danny Rose and his fellow pro's can keep arguing that it's not safe and pick up their crust. Players need to get back amongst it, most will be getting better testing and care than those poor souls on the NHS frontline FFS.

Get on with it..... carefully!

There is an enormous difference between being in good shape, and being in the shape to play a very high level of competitive sport from a standing start.

Sounds stupid but one thing Fergie was big on for returning players was eye exercises. Player's ocular functions would have regressed in time off because their eyes weren't moving as quickly as often.

And when your man slips you and you have to bust a gut to get back into position? No amount of sit ups or jogging will get you at the level for that
20th June...? on 19:30 - Jun 2 with 1408 viewsrsonist

https://theathletic.co.uk/1845030/2020/06/02/championship-restart-june-20-qpr-in

Warburton: " “I think we’re trying to rush into things and cut corners. It is too serious a situation to ignore it as we are. [...] You just sense that from a very structured orderly lockdown, where the public have responded so well, there is suddenly an energy and desire to get a resumption of play, and a really mad dash to get it done.”
20th June...? on 19:31 - Jun 2 with 1406 viewsrsonist

Also says there we've arranged a friendly with Norwich for next week.
20th June...? on 17:29 - Jun 3 with 1170 viewsPinnerPaul

20th June...? on 14:12 - Jun 1 by daveB

reason for that might be that we are still having 3/400 die every day of the virus and number of new infections is till in the thousands so hopefully all the changes are fine and won't affect this but it does all feel too soon

Think its down below 300 now, infections falling, NO new cases in London on one day a few weeks ago and no deaths in Hillingdon Hospital for example since May 16th - plenty of London NHS trusts reported similar to that as well.

Accept its still here, but always will be IMHO. There IS good news re infection/death rates out there if you look for it.
20th June...? on 17:42 - Jun 3 with 1143 viewswood_hoop

20th June...? on 17:29 - Jun 3 by PinnerPaul

Think its down below 300 now, infections falling, NO new cases in London on one day a few weeks ago and no deaths in Hillingdon Hospital for example since May 16th - plenty of London NHS trusts reported similar to that as well.

Accept its still here, but always will be IMHO. There IS good news re infection/death rates out there if you look for it.

Some small amounts of good news, but other parts of the country are still higher than than south, I think some will gather around grounds when a game is on, high proportion may try to 'social distance' but not going to be easy.

See the Prem tv games have been sorted but nothing on the championship yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024