Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilder sacked at the blades 10:57 - Mar 12 with 7899 viewsPhildo

Harsh- took over with them in league 1
Wilder sacked at the blades on 10:58 - Mar 12 with 4436 viewsNorthernr

Fcking stupid. Must be more to it. If you hadn't just fired him he'd be exactly who you'd want there for next season.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:04 - Mar 12 with 4393 viewssdm1508

Reckon issues with the board. They did spend quite a bit of money (100 mill I think since promotion) and he did seemed annoyed that they hadn't done anything in the last transfer window. I think the board want the money from being in the prem to enable them to get money into the club after the pandemic and probably just want to hold fire on developing the club further whereas he would want backing and development to push again for promotion next season. Think we might not seem them in the prem for a while now. Great manager
Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:05 - Mar 12 with 4387 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wilder sacked at the blades on 10:58 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Fcking stupid. Must be more to it. If you hadn't just fired him he'd be exactly who you'd want there for next season.

Yes, bad decision.
Looked nailed on for a Burnley/Norwich situation I thought.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:05 - Mar 12 with 4384 viewssprocket

Would have him as manager of QPR. Madness as NorthernR said...must be something else to it
Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:05 - Mar 12 with 4377 viewsCamberleyR

Mental. Even with this season's horror show, still a 46.7% win percentage.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:09 - Mar 12 with 4351 viewssimmo

Ridiculous decision if that's a straight sacking - absolutely mental.

Also a problem for us, wherever he goes next is going to be a problem, for my money he was the best manager outside the PL before he took Sheff U there.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:18 - Mar 12 with 4305 viewsMrSheen

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:09 - Mar 12 by simmo

Ridiculous decision if that's a straight sacking - absolutely mental.

Also a problem for us, wherever he goes next is going to be a problem, for my money he was the best manager outside the PL before he took Sheff U there.

He'd be a great choice to rebuild Sunderland, but I imagine the new owner will probably go for a more glamorous name.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:18 - Mar 12 with 4299 viewsstevec

Probably done all he can there.

If Hodgson moves upstairs, Palace would make sense.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:24 - Mar 12 with 4261 viewsTripper

Might be a good fit for Celtic.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:11 - Mar 12 with 4141 viewsGloucs_R

Wow. Just wow. Their fans loved him

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:15 - Mar 12 with 4120 viewsAntti_Heinola

stupid decision.

Bare bones.

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:15 - Mar 12 with 4095 views2Thomas2Bowles

Was on MOTD at the weekend I think, could have been post-match for Sky, talking about some players needing to be out of the club ASAP. wished he did not have to wait until the summer to get rid of them, did not name them but I guess that's the reason.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 12:28]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:22 - Mar 12 with 4090 viewsKonk

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:18 - Mar 12 by MrSheen

He'd be a great choice to rebuild Sunderland, but I imagine the new owner will probably go for a more glamorous name.

Mackem mate reckons that Lee Johnson's doing a good job there at the moment.

From the outside the Wilder sacking looks very odd. Money's not been well spent, but surely he still has plenty of credit in the bank. Fairly confident that he'd have got them up again new year, whereas anyone else will be a complete lottery.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:38 - Mar 12 with 4025 viewsTomS

Overheard in Warnock household :

"Sharon, you know I've always said that I'd love to give Sheffield United one more go before I retire......"
Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 4005 views00calben

Wilder sacked at the blades on 10:58 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Aren't they bringing in a Sporting Director? Heard this on radio said a few weeks ago that he was unhappy about someone coming in above him

Dare I say it........ would Warburton would be a good option for them if he hasn't signed a new contract yet?! Especially as he has proved he can work with a DOF
Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:43 - Mar 12 with 3998 viewsMaggsinho

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:22 - Mar 12 by Konk

Mackem mate reckons that Lee Johnson's doing a good job there at the moment.

From the outside the Wilder sacking looks very odd. Money's not been well spent, but surely he still has plenty of credit in the bank. Fairly confident that he'd have got them up again new year, whereas anyone else will be a complete lottery.

There was a story the other day that they wanted to bring in a DoF and make Wilder Head Coach rather than manager. Assume that has something to do with it.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:51 - Mar 12 with 3947 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Doesn't seem clear whether he was sacked, resigned or it was by 'mutual consent'.

Or in fact whether he's gone at all - one Sheffield journo is saying that he's still there.

Intriguing - fans will hate the board if he's been sacked - as others have said, he's absolutely the right man to rebuild and get them back up. You can't buy that passion, dedication, commitment and drive...
Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:56 - Mar 12 with 3910 viewsMyke

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:18 - Mar 12 by MrSheen

Agree he is an excellent manager and the timing is really stupid. If they were trying to save money, it's a funny way to go about it now they have to pay him off and pay the new guy as well
Not really a problem for us though in the sense that if he had stayed he would be a shoe in to get them back up again, so wherever he goes it amounts to the same thing. But think Sheffield Utd could struggle next season without him.
The only negative I would say about him, he made some poor signings. Got away with it the first season because they did well overall, but the likes of Freeman, Robinson, McBurnie are not premier league standard. And the less said about Ravel the better...
Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:01 - Mar 12 with 3786 viewsWestbourneR

Job's done there puts him on the top five managers in England for me.

Arguably, a shout for the England job - although his style / face might not fit.

I'm amazed they've sacked him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:37 - Mar 12 with 3707 viewsJuzzie

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:11 - Mar 12 by Gloucs_R

Wow. Just wow. Their fans loved him

It's a results business though and people are judged on their results. He hasn't be getting the results and is therefore to blame so has to get the sack.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:39 - Mar 12 with 3689 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:01 - Mar 12 by WestbourneR

Job's done there puts him on the top five managers in England for me.

Arguably, a shout for the England job - although his style / face might not fit.

I'm amazed they've sacked him.

Top 5 English managers or top 5 managers working in England?!

Former probably yes. Latter no. Although by definition I guess he's top 20 ;)

Bare bones.

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:42 - Mar 12 with 3668 viewskensalriser

These are the rules now, aren’t they? Stay in the bottom three for too long and you’re gone, regardless of prior achievements.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 15:20 - Mar 12 with 3599 viewspaulparker

I’d have him here

Don’t they have new foreign owners ? If so they have made a big mistake a bit like us when we sacked Warnock

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wilder sacked at the blades on 15:43 - Mar 12 with 3554 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:37 - Mar 12 by Juzzie

It's a results business though and people are judged on their results. He hasn't be getting the results and is therefore to blame so has to get the sack.

Exactly. He had a great season last year but made some terrible signings, especially his forwards McBurnie for big money as an example) and has overseen one of the worst seasons for any team in the top flight. I’m surprised he’s lasted so long really.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 16:03 - Mar 12 with 3518 viewsbosh67

Sounds like they wanted a director of football and he wasn't having it. Big shame for Blades and Wilder. He has done an excellent job there.

... does this mean we can have Freeman back on a free?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024