Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 52718 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 11:30 - Apr 20 with 1900 viewsCamberleyR

European super league on 11:25 - Apr 20 by PBLOCK

It’s the appetite of Dave’s around the world that has kicked this off

In Africa, Asia and going forward the US the market is huge and people will pay a premium to watch those clubs. The average Liverpool, Spurs fan who goes to the game is dispensable because if they can’t afford to go anymore or stop going as they disagree with this they are easily replaceable.

These clubs are more interested in the Dave’s of this world than the likes of you or me

And the Daves of this world aren't interested in watching Brighton vs Wolves.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

European super league on 11:31 - Apr 20 with 1902 viewskensalriser

It's really a good old-fashioned power struggle between two elites. None of these f*ckers, not one of them, cares about ordinary fans and lower league clubs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

European super league on 11:39 - Apr 20 with 1848 viewsMaggsinho

Here we go...

European super league on 11:42 - Apr 20 with 1831 viewstoboboly

The mans a mentalist

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

European super league on 11:43 - Apr 20 with 1831 viewsPBLOCK

European super league on 11:31 - Apr 20 by kensalriser

It's really a good old-fashioned power struggle between two elites. None of these f*ckers, not one of them, cares about ordinary fans and lower league clubs.

This has been in the offing since the Mid 80’s when gate receipts were no longer split. You then had the Premier League break away and Sky Tv coverage (along with advances in Technology) that have seen the Premier League become the Global brand it is today.

The fact that Sky, BT UEFA , FIFA etc are pontificating about this is actually pretty annoying because they are as culpable as anyone for creating this monster.

We’ve played a small part in this along with many others of having Billionaire owners and chasing this Premier League dream. If the Big Six left the Premier League would be far less valuable and you’d find a firesale of clubs in the Championship and below as owners wouldn’t be able to gain access to the Premier League as is now with all the financial gains associated with it.

The thing I think that stricks in the craw more than anything is this exclusivity and no chance of sporting merit gaining you access to what is essentially a rebooted Champions League unless you are given a one season invite. How are they gonna do that put the golden ticket in Wonka bars.

It’s horrible and morally corrupt but it has been coming and now it’s here
European super league on 11:52 - Apr 20 with 1782 viewsKonk

European super league on 11:42 - Apr 20 by toboboly

The mans a mentalist

Or you could just accept that not every human on the planet should be watching football every day of the week. Maybe there's too much football? When I was younger, at least 40% of 16-24 year olds didn't give a shi t about football, either. And that was fine. It's a fu cking hobby/interest mate; not everyone has to care about who Real Madrid are playing on Wednesday.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

European super league on 11:54 - Apr 20 with 1774 viewsPBLOCK

If this all goes through I wouldn’t be surprised if they went to something like three 30 minute periods and 10 minute break between each. Gives the streaming companies who will be paying through the nose for this more advert space to sell.
European super league on 11:59 - Apr 20 with 1746 viewsRs_Holy

European super league on 11:42 - Apr 20 by toboboly

The mans a mentalist

Yeah and you could make the goals really big too? and maybe each team could have a celebrity player? Maybe have 2 balls in play.... that might keep em more interested?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 13:34]
Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 1737 viewsBucksRanger

European super league on 11:54 - Apr 20 by PBLOCK

If this all goes through I wouldn’t be surprised if they went to something like three 30 minute periods and 10 minute break between each. Gives the streaming companies who will be paying through the nose for this more advert space to sell.

You can't have one team kicking into the wind twice. It has to be four periods of twenty-two and a half minutes with five minute breaks.
European super league on 12:15 - Apr 20 with 1691 viewsdmm

The fact that 'Dave in Uganda' can call himself a Liverpool fan is crucial to this whole issue. I've traveled around Africa a fair bit, including Uganda, visiting many out of the way villages and towns. Even in the remote communities I came across there were always cafes with a TV that showed football, most often the Premier League. Every man was a fan of the top 6, with Arsenal seeming to be the favourite. The cafe would be packed when showing games.

This is, of course, the same around much of the world. The ESL know it and want to capitalise on it.

Football could well end up aping the film 'Rollerball', (the original 1975 one of course), where huge corporates control a global game.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 12:16]
European super league on 12:20 - Apr 20 with 1678 viewsjoe90

Out of all this madness and platitudes from footballers and media commentators - Uncle Albert's genuine love of football remains the one pure and true constant. He's still on his Instagram wearing his QPR shirt whilst filming himself doing kick-ups and other tricks, haha

https://www.instagram.com/uncs37/?hl=en

Ps: Does he buy replica shirts or use the match issue?!
European super league on 12:21 - Apr 20 with 1670 viewsCamberleyR

European super league on 12:01 - Apr 20 by BucksRanger

You can't have one team kicking into the wind twice. It has to be four periods of twenty-two and a half minutes with five minute breaks.

I'm surprised Perez hasn't suggested before now something along the lines of two halfs of twenty five minutes for the lack of an atttention span generation. A sort of T20 version of football complete with power plays where a defender is removed from the opponents.

I'll collect my consultancy fee later.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

European super league on 12:32 - Apr 20 with 1604 viewsted_hendrix

Football??

Football was working Saturday morning on a building site, getting your sorry arse up to Loftus Road pronto, standing in the Loft--that magical smell of grass and mud--watching Rangers kicking towards the Loft in the second half and turning round a first half deficit and winning 2-1.

Thankfully I don't recall ever seeing any oil rich multi millionaires stood against the barriers in the Loft back then.

Brand? my arse.

Leave us alone.

Barry Davies Knew his stuff.

Leave us and what's left of It alone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

European super league on 12:59 - Apr 20 with 1505 viewsR_from_afar

European super league on 10:54 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

I saw Perez's comments this morning;

"European Super League created to 'save football' - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez"

Utterly staggering and quite simply a blatant lie to get what he/they wants.

Here's how we save football in one easy step: Significantly lower player salaries.

That's it. I don't give a fk what the likes of Gordon Taylor (Ret.) thinks. The salaries they get paid (I refuse to use the term 'earn') is killing the game. Bring them back to more reasonable levels and the knock-on effect will take care of itself in terms of reduced ticket, merchandise, catering etc prices.

It'll bring fans back into the grounds for those than can and want to go.
Reduce TV subscription prices for those that don't/can't.

Everything that has been done up to this point in terms of ticket, merchandise etc. prices has been about pure greed, nothing else. Anything they say/have said is just utter BS.

Indeed. Some of the salaries on this list are indecent. How can you profess your love for your club when you are bleeding it dry? Some insane figures here:
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-highest-earning-player

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

European super league on 13:18 - Apr 20 with 1424 viewsjohnhoop

European super league on 11:54 - Apr 20 by PBLOCK

Yep, they could b-stardize the game completely', the way they’re doing in cricket this summer with the ludicrous “Hundred competition.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 13:19]
European super league on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 1407 viewsdoogi10

there could be silver lining they might decide london does not need 3 clubs and chelsea have the smallest groung so they could be moved to moscow
European super league on 13:25 - Apr 20 with 1402 viewsQPRSteve

Whenever I think about the owners of these clubs I can't help but think of a couple of novels - Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household and Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth.
European super league on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 1378 viewsTGRRRSSS

European super league on 21:45 - Apr 19 by BucksRanger

Deal finishes 2021/22 season.

RE Existing Deals, so Sky and BT will be delighted with Man U under 23s v Arsenal Under 23's then?

That's really going to keep people paying their monthlies
European super league on 13:32 - Apr 20 with 1376 viewsLongsufferingR

European super league on 12:21 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

I'm surprised Perez hasn't suggested before now something along the lines of two halfs of twenty five minutes for the lack of an atttention span generation. A sort of T20 version of football complete with power plays where a defender is removed from the opponents.

I'll collect my consultancy fee later.

Best watched on an ADHD TV
European super league on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 1343 viewsTGRRRSSS

Already rumours at least 2 clubs getting nervous, I reckon UEFA should ask if they want to play in Champs League semi's coming up?

After all they are basically wanting to move next year (from August) anyway.

BTW who's funding this short term, and how will they get their investment back long term, it sounds to me classic 30 gold pieces for your soul but after the initial monies gone what happens then?
European super league on 13:57 - Apr 20 with 1267 viewsSharpy36

European super league on 11:30 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

And the Daves of this world aren't interested in watching Brighton vs Wolves.

Niether was he interested in watching us until we got a player in to satisfy his needs.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

European super league on 13:59 - Apr 20 with 1263 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA, despite revealing a Joey Barton level of self awareness and reflection while doing it, have issued a statement against it.

https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news/fifa-statement-x3487
European super league on 14:01 - Apr 20 with 1253 viewsSharpy36

European super league on 12:01 - Apr 20 by BucksRanger

A bit of wind will be the least of thier worries when this pox of a league really takes root, think more, sand storms and 120 degree heat.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 14:02]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

European super league on 14:04 - Apr 20 with 1235 viewsThGrimRanger

European super league on 10:43 - Apr 20 by DubaiR

I say kick them out, wrestle back control. Short term pain would mean longer term gain. End up with a more competitive league, more teams capable of winning the league and they would surely end up attracting players from the self proclaimed big 6

This for me.

Great news if they do it and get chucked out of the PL, good riddance. The problem stems from the sheep mentality of supporting the best clubs and it's getting worse. 90% of people who follow footy in the england support one of the big six. 99% of the people who follow the english footy around the world support one of the big six. These clubs have become too big and the only thing that keeps them in check is the premier league rules where they don't have a majority.

Let them go - the premier league will benefit as a competition, QPR will have more chance of getting in the PL and the re-distribution of supporters away from the big 6 in england will only be a good thing.

TheGrimRanger

European super league on 14:29 - Apr 20 with 1142 viewsPinnerPaul

and Today's 'Media Watch' on Man Utd website has 4 pro ESL stories and erm....no adverse comment reported whatsoever!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024