Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M 02:12 - Jun 18 with 23884 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never done one before.

Heart says 3-0 and head says ‘yeah probably’.

England win, everyone shrugs their shoulders

Scotland win (or draw), and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Scotland nothing to lose.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:30]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:53 - Jun 18 with 1538 viewsMrSheen

Well, England have (almost certainly) qualified, but Southgate needs to…
Drop Kane
Get more creative with substitutions
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:53 - Jun 18 with 1537 viewsDWQPR

What a clueless team that was. What the hell has James ever done to merit being in the England squad. Did he ever make a forward pass all evening? Trippier is a far superior right back, Chilwell is far better than Shaw. It has to be either Rice or Phillips and on the two games so far it has to be Phillips. Grealish every time instead of Mount. Why Foden was pulled when he was out best player at that stage. And as for Southgate. Christ I’ve seen more passion in a care home lounge. Last 16 at best then by the looks of things.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 with 1507 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:32 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

Wrong choice I think, Rashford will be out on a limb without anyone making chances. DCL a more dynamic option.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 21:33]

Fark me, did he even touch the ball? What was the point?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 with 1506 viewsManinBlack

That was dull. I think that is three 1-0 wins and a goalless draw in last 4 games for England all of which have been a bit of a slog in front of goal. Comparing this to Italy and we look well short to get to the final.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 with 1493 viewsqpr_1968

dire from england.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 with 1490 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:51 - Jun 18 by Rog

Too defensive, too many back or square passes. No attacking intent. Mount, Phillips, Rice and Kane all passengers. Took Foden off who was the only spark we had. Southgate strikes again.

Agree with all of that, except I’m not sure how it’s Southgate’s fault.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:56 - Jun 18 with 1480 viewskensalriser

What an excruciatingly boring game. England so lethargic, no urgency, no movement, no desire. Kane looks like a Championship player and Sterling didn't have a clue. Much better display from Scotland, but on this showing England will be beaten easily by the first good team they meet. Plus ca change...
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 21:57]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:56 - Jun 18 with 1468 viewsQPR_Jim

Think Phillips was playing too deep, the reason he looked good before was that he has pushing up field while Rice was holding. Think taking him off would have been far more effective than any other change.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:58 - Jun 18 with 1444 viewsted_hendrix

The QPR corners are in general crap but better than England's, England's tonight in the second half were dreadful, three on the trot that didn't beat the first Man.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:58 - Jun 18 with 1438 viewswood_hoop

Has someone told Southgate this is not the 'walking football game'

Very disapointing, Kane and Stirling non existent, I am sure there are injury issues with both,
We have no divine right to score goals but the total lack of drive was there from ealy on, Scotland played above themselves but England were woeful and they have now just the one game to reach the next round.Probaably will manage but it is dishearting after tonight's horror show.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:59 - Jun 18 with 1427 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Scotland were magnificent. Really hope they beat Croatia. Steve Clarke has done a brilliant job with their squad: a real team performance tonight.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:59 - Jun 18 with 1423 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:53 - Jun 18 by DWQPR

What a clueless team that was. What the hell has James ever done to merit being in the England squad. Did he ever make a forward pass all evening? Trippier is a far superior right back, Chilwell is far better than Shaw. It has to be either Rice or Phillips and on the two games so far it has to be Phillips. Grealish every time instead of Mount. Why Foden was pulled when he was out best player at that stage. And as for Southgate. Christ I’ve seen more passion in a care home lounge. Last 16 at best then by the looks of things.

Mount was our best player, but some of the rest might be right.

I’ve never seen James picking up balls with his back to goal before. I’m not sure Southgate has thought the selection mix through.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:00 - Jun 18 with 1417 viewsTacticalR

Scotland slowly grew into the game. England looked very short on ideas.

Dykes didn't have a whole lot to work with. He could have done with some pacy crosses.

Air hostess clique

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:02 - Jun 18 with 1382 viewsdenhamhoop2

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:56 - Jun 18 by QPR_Jim

Think Phillips was playing too deep, the reason he looked good before was that he has pushing up field while Rice was holding. Think taking him off would have been far more effective than any other change.

2 holding midfielders at home never worked for QPR Liegertwood/Mahon doesn't work for England Kane looks a shadow of his usual self. If Scotland had a natural finisher would've won the game
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:03 - Jun 18 with 1372 viewsdanehoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:37 - Jun 18 by danehoop

I reckon it will be a low scoring cagey game and perhaps a draw.

England don't need to do anything other than draw to progress. They wont risk anything to do more than is needed to do that as they will see it as being one game in a longer campaign.

Scotland need to win. They will be pumped up, fierce and determined. Whilst they have some quality players. England's defence is comparatively suspect, but the midfield/forward line is strong and has goals in it to punish any mistakes. I think that will be the difference, although Scotland will make a real go of it and it will be a lot closer than it looks on paper, England get no worse than a draw.

Think I wasn't far off that prediction.

England had the extra quality, but didn't seem to click. Scotland, passionate and committed but quite the quality to win it.

No chances taken by Southgate, the requirement is to progress to the next stage without injuries or risks and has taken a step towards that today. Probably a little disappointed that the team didn't create enough and few players underperformed, but a potential banana skin avoided.

Never knowingly understood

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:03 - Jun 18 with 1360 viewsClive_Anderson

Usual story from England, look good for the first 20 minutes and then run out of ideas. By the end there was no movement and no one wanted the ball.

Grealish looked a cut above everyone else when he came on, got to start the next game.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:03 - Jun 18 with 1356 viewsNorthLondonR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:00 - Jun 18 by TacticalR

Scotland slowly grew into the game. England looked very short on ideas.

Dykes didn't have a whole lot to work with. He could have done with some pacy crosses.

I thought Dykes was excellent tonight, really caused our defenders problems. Completely showed Kane up tonight, with movement, strength and industry.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:06 - Jun 18 with 1325 viewspaulparker

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

It is Southgates fault
We p1ssed the qualifying group until we played the Czechs away and Southgate got to clever with players, formations etc and we got beat
We haven’t been the same since , what is his best team ? He doesn’t know
Why play shaw & James ? Chilwell & walker were our best fullbacks , he picks 4 right backs and one of them played left back on Sunday , he thinks he is clever but he really isn’t
We got away with it on Sunday and I have a horrible feeling he will play Maguire & Henderson in the next game , both of which are not fit
We haven’t created hardly anything in the two games, this is shades of Euro 2016 all over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:07 - Jun 18 with 1308 viewsManinBlack

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:59 - Jun 18 by Wegerles_Stairs

Scotland were magnificent. Really hope they beat Croatia. Steve Clarke has done a brilliant job with their squad: a real team performance tonight.

Clarke is a good manager. Look at how well Kilmarnock did when he was there and the good results against the old firm. As soon as he left Killie went on the slide and got relegated. In contrast Scotland finally got to a tournament with him in charge.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:10 - Jun 18 with 1258 viewsBrazilNutR

Pat Nevin gave Dykes a great review:

"If it wasn't for Billy Gilmour getting man of the match I'd give it Lyndon Dykes. He bullied top international players. He's won just about every single header He's chased everything down. He didn't seem to lose energy during the game as well."
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:10 - Jun 18 with 1250 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:06 - Jun 18 by paulparker

It is Southgates fault
We p1ssed the qualifying group until we played the Czechs away and Southgate got to clever with players, formations etc and we got beat
We haven’t been the same since , what is his best team ? He doesn’t know
Why play shaw & James ? Chilwell & walker were our best fullbacks , he picks 4 right backs and one of them played left back on Sunday , he thinks he is clever but he really isn’t
We got away with it on Sunday and I have a horrible feeling he will play Maguire & Henderson in the next game , both of which are not fit
We haven’t created hardly anything in the two games, this is shades of Euro 2016 all over

I thought we were great Sunday. Different strokes eh.

We were dire today, but I put that more down to the occasion and a 10/10 performance from Scotland.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:12 - Jun 18 with 1231 viewsQPR_John

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 21:55 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cannot see your point. Southgate picks the squad, he picks the team, he makes the substitutions. If it’s not his fault whose fault is it.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:12 - Jun 18 with 1229 viewsNed_Kennedys

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:03 - Jun 18 by NorthLondonR

I thought Dykes was excellent tonight, really caused our defenders problems. Completely showed Kane up tonight, with movement, strength and industry.

Just about to post that Dykes had a far better game than Kane.

Commentator Matterface was appalling: loving Che Adams who missed two fantastic chances but slagged off Dykes whenever he could....

Southgate showing once again he has no flair and will always choose the safe option: will bore their way through the group then be outplayed and beaten by the first top class team they play. Scotland were the better team today and wanted to win more.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:13 - Jun 18 with 1203 viewsjoe90

I thought Dykes had a good game. Scotland played well and deserve credit, a vast improvement from their opener.

I can't single out one England player, it was poor performance tonight. No chance this side are going to win the Euros. Football isn't coming home lads.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:13 - Jun 18 with 1198 viewspaulparker

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 22:10 - Jun 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought we were great Sunday. Different strokes eh.

We were dire today, but I put that more down to the occasion and a 10/10 performance from Scotland.

Great ???

We couldn’t keep the ball the last 20 minutes

We have a good team but a manager who has suddenly become defensive and doesn’t know his best team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024