Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Digital ticketing 22:34 - Jul 12 with 29431 viewscolinallcars

The offish now has ticket details for the pre season friendlies and it states all ticketing will now be digital only. It would appear that this will be for all ticketing in the future. Am I misreading this ?

Digital ticketing on 22:20 - Aug 5 with 2000 viewsLogman

Not everyone is comfortable with I.T.

I am sure things will be OK but its understandable that people are concerned with changes after paying for a season ticket and hoping that you have downloaded it correctly.
Digital ticketing on 22:38 - Aug 5 with 1969 viewsdaveB

Digital ticketing on 22:20 - Aug 5 by Logman

Not everyone is comfortable with I.T.

I am sure things will be OK but its understandable that people are concerned with changes after paying for a season ticket and hoping that you have downloaded it correctly.

of course and I've no idea if I've done my season ticket properly so may well get caught out. When Paper tickets changed to cards i always worried that my card hadn't been activated and I wouldn't get in, this feels a similar leap
Digital ticketing on 04:31 - Aug 6 with 1856 viewsswisscottage

Digital ticketing on 22:38 - Aug 5 by daveB

of course and I've no idea if I've done my season ticket properly so may well get caught out. When Paper tickets changed to cards i always worried that my card hadn't been activated and I wouldn't get in, this feels a similar leap

Similar.

For this season I've requested our cards be updated, and will wait until next season whilst they iron out the kinks.

We have 5 season tickets, with one of them shared and used by different people and sometimes if someone's on holiday we bring someone else along.

With cards this isn't a problem, but with Digital tickets in wallets, is it possible for multiple people to have the same digital tickets in their QPR APP or digital wallets?
Digital ticketing on 07:12 - Aug 6 with 1811 viewsNorthernr

Digital ticketing on 04:31 - Aug 6 by swisscottage

Similar.

For this season I've requested our cards be updated, and will wait until next season whilst they iron out the kinks.

We have 5 season tickets, with one of them shared and used by different people and sometimes if someone's on holiday we bring someone else along.

With cards this isn't a problem, but with Digital tickets in wallets, is it possible for multiple people to have the same digital tickets in their QPR APP or digital wallets?

We're assuming, perhaps wrongly, that you can just screenshot it and then share them in a whatsapp group or similar. Going to try and go in on a screenshot of mine tomorrow rather than the actual thing to test it.
Digital ticketing on 07:30 - Aug 6 with 1781 viewsstevec

Digital ticketing on 17:50 - Aug 5 by GloryHunter

Today I received a new "QPR Pay" Season Ticket in the post. This was a surprise, as I had previously been called by the ticket office and told that my old card would be reactivated. The letter said I should activate the new card online, but that just led me to a page asking to link a credit card to it, which I don't want to do.

Only difference between the two cards is the last five digits of the long number on the front, and it has a QR code on the back in place of the bar code. I have also been sent a fully digital ST by email, which I wasn't expecting either.

Still, now I've got two cards and a digital version on my phone, so hopefully at least one of them will get me into the ground on Saturday.

Edit: I've had another look at it, and it seems you can "activate" the card without having to link it to another credit card. All a bit fiddly, though.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 18:21]

Ditto.

Apparently Rangers have been inundated with requests for physical tickets rather than digital they can barely cope.
Digital ticketing on 08:07 - Aug 6 with 1753 viewsenfieldargh

I downloaded it straight away and saw it in my iphone wallet.

Last night a bit bleary eyed and having read through this thread(took over an hour) I panicked and thought where's my ticket.

Looked in my wallet found a c/c, a used train ticket to Barnsley and a 2 year old BA Boarding pass. No sign of the ST!

Found the old email and tried to download it still no sign. So clicked on the google one but no idea where that is on my phone so decided to email BO and request my card be updated.

This morning I find the ST tucked behind the BA Boarding Pass, it was there all the time. Had I not checked I would have got to the turnstile panicked even more and probably burst into tears and having a tantrum shouting let me in let me in.

I'm getting too old for all this bollony give me the little book with the tear off pages and 24 cup tie vouchers that will never be used

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Digital ticketing on 08:42 - Aug 6 with 1710 viewsdaveB

Digital ticketing on 04:31 - Aug 6 by swisscottage

Similar.

Yes you can have them on multiple phones. I've got mine and my sons on my phone and my sons phone
Digital ticketing on 08:43 - Aug 6 with 1709 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I renewed as always and also got one for my son who was a previous ST holder but has been to uni for 3 years.
I got 2 x e-mails for both new tickets but he got a card in the post yesterday. It has the barcode on it so I presume it can be used as his ST i.e non digitally. Anyone know before I contact the Box office who I am sure will be busy?
Login to get fewer ads

Digital ticketing on 08:55 - Aug 6 with 1691 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've saved tomorrows ticket pdf to documents. I hope it scans through my screen protector.

I prefer paper/cardboard.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Digital ticketing on 08:58 - Aug 6 with 1687 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Digital ticketing on 08:43 - Aug 6 by CroydonCaptJack

I renewed as always and also got one for my son who was a previous ST holder but has been to uni for 3 years.
I got 2 x e-mails for both new tickets but he got a card in the post yesterday. It has the barcode on it so I presume it can be used as his ST i.e non digitally. Anyone know before I contact the Box office who I am sure will be busy?

Does the card have a barcode or QR code? Mine came with a QR code which i’m assuming can be used as the season ticket.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Digital ticketing on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1664 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Digital ticketing on 07:12 - Aug 6 by Northernr

We're assuming, perhaps wrongly, that you can just screenshot it and then share them in a whatsapp group or similar. Going to try and go in on a screenshot of mine tomorrow rather than the actual thing to test it.

Don't see why that wouldn't work. Isn't a "live" ticket where it changes QR code. I do that when I go to NFL games in the states so I don't have to find wifi/spend all my money on data and it's never failed me (so far)
Digital ticketing on 09:34 - Aug 6 with 1622 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Digital ticketing on 08:58 - Aug 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Does the card have a barcode or QR code? Mine came with a QR code which i’m assuming can be used as the season ticket.

yes, it does on the back.
Digital ticketing on 11:02 - Aug 6 with 1559 viewsstowmarketrange

So after phoning the box office on Monday and being told that I’d be issued with paper tickets for tomorrow,guess what arrived in the post this morning?
Only a brand new season ticket,but no sign of the U18’s card.I know it’s a difficult time for everyone in the box office at the moment,but it does seem a bit of a cock up.
The U18’s ticket arrived at my grandson’s house too.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 11:59]
Digital ticketing on 11:40 - Aug 6 with 1528 viewsGloryHunter

I just checked the QR codes on my new card and the digital download, and the little crossword-pattern black shapes are not the same. However the 14-digit numbers underneath do match. Does anyone know how QR codes work? Maybe the shapes are different so that they can identify whether I've got in using the card or the phone?
Digital ticketing on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 1504 viewsngbqpr

Me & my lad can't go tomorrow as isolating.

Called box office this morning, told them we had friends who wanted to use the tickets, they emailed PDFs while I was on the phone. Bought an extra ticket which also arrived before the conversation was finished.

Be interested to know if the screenshot thing works tho, for other games we can't make.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Digital ticketing on 12:21 - Aug 6 with 1459 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Digital ticketing on 11:50 - Aug 6 by ngbqpr

Me & my lad can't go tomorrow as isolating.

Called box office this morning, told them we had friends who wanted to use the tickets, they emailed PDFs while I was on the phone. Bought an extra ticket which also arrived before the conversation was finished.

Be interested to know if the screenshot thing works tho, for other games we can't make.

Sorry to hear that mate.
Have you got STs where you were last time I saw you?
Digital ticketing on 15:18 - Aug 6 with 1366 viewstoboboly

Digital ticketing on 09:34 - Aug 6 by CroydonCaptJack

yes, it does on the back.

I am using my 19/20 ST and it has a barcode, previously the lad of the turnstile scanned it fine so assuming you just place it into the machine to scan instead.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Digital ticketing on 16:00 - Aug 6 with 1302 viewsPinnerPaul

Pretty sure if you haven't moved seat and/or changed age band your old card will work, as long as you have registered with the box office.

Was told that by box office twice and on the ticketmaster email, so will be pretty peeved if that is not the case.
Digital ticketing on 16:08 - Aug 6 with 1301 viewsCliff

Digital ticketing on 07:12 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Snap, and if theta works, i'll get my two sons to screenshot theirs so we can all carry copies of each others tickets, in case of battery failure etc.
Digital ticketing on 16:22 - Aug 6 with 1275 viewsPikey

I'm not so sure. I have received a new season tkt card today. Wasnt expecting that and assuming the pass entry code is different.
Perhaps a good idea would be to have a member of ths box office at all gates with a pass card to let tjosd having difficulty into the ground.
This potential and expected cock up has been brewing for a month or so.
Tommorow could be a nightmare, lets hope not. But seems too many people have not received their new pass card ( those who opted for non digital) and are being told to go to the box office. One of my mates has been told just that and that he will have his new card by the Barnsley game!!!
Digital ticketing on 16:26 - Aug 6 with 1258 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 16:22 - Aug 6 by Pikey

I'm not so sure. I have received a new season tkt card today. Wasnt expecting that and assuming the pass entry code is different.
Perhaps a good idea would be to have a member of ths box office at all gates with a pass card to let tjosd having difficulty into the ground.
This potential and expected cock up has been brewing for a month or so.
Tommorow could be a nightmare, lets hope not. But seems too many people have not received their new pass card ( those who opted for non digital) and are being told to go to the box office. One of my mates has been told just that and that he will have his new card by the Barnsley game!!!

Oh dear, that's another 10 minutes earlier I'm leaving then!

As I'm going to have to walk pass the box office to get to ER, makes sense for me to pop in there first I think.

Thanks for the heads up.

Poor that there is no mention of what happens to non digital ST holders on the piece about Saturday's logistics on the offy.
Digital ticketing on 17:00 - Aug 6 with 1213 viewscolinallcars

I've literally just received my new card - 22hours before KO. Some posters have suggested printing out the email from the box office that states we can gain entry by card. I tried to print it off and fell foul of an error message on Gmail stopping me from printing it. Numeric code 12 it says. According to Google this error doesn't exist ! Obviously not the club's fault but it shows the limitations of relying on technology all the time.
I remember rolling up at the ground with a shilling to cover entrance, programme and a packet of peanuts.
Digital ticketing on 17:17 - Aug 6 with 1169 viewsStanisgod

Digital ticketing on 16:26 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

Oh dear, that's another 10 minutes earlier I'm leaving then!

As I'm going to have to walk pass the box office to get to ER, makes sense for me to pop in there first I think.

Thanks for the heads up.

Poor that there is no mention of what happens to non digital ST holders on the piece about Saturday's logistics on the offy.

Exactly, i asked for non digital weeks ago when they said if you have last seasons card still they will reload it.
Since then heard nothing until i rang for Millwall tickets for my son and grandson and to move my seat, I said by the way, has my card been re loaded.
A very nice lady vaguely said youll be ok for Barnsley, without too much conviction.
Now people are saying the old card will be no good as it has no QR code! I'll see what happens to other people using the old card tomorrow 🤔🤔

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Digital ticketing on 17:41 - Aug 6 with 1134 viewstoboboly

Digital ticketing on 17:17 - Aug 6 by Stanisgod

Exactly, i asked for non digital weeks ago when they said if you have last seasons card still they will reload it.
Since then heard nothing until i rang for Millwall tickets for my son and grandson and to move my seat, I said by the way, has my card been re loaded.
A very nice lady vaguely said youll be ok for Barnsley, without too much conviction.
Now people are saying the old card will be no good as it has no QR code! I'll see what happens to other people using the old card tomorrow 🤔🤔

Eh? Where has it been said it has to be a QR code? Old ST's have a barcode so presumed that would be fine?

Edit: Taken directly from the Ticketmaster email -

"Any Season Ticket holder who has already registered as a non-digital supporter with the QPR Box Office will have their 2019/20 QPR Pay Card reactivated for Stadium Access for the 2021/22 Season unless stated otherwise.

New Season Ticket holders who have purchased a 2021/22 Season Ticket and were not a Season Ticket holder in 2019/20 will have a QPR Pay Season Card sent in the post which will give Stadium Access to non-digital supporters for the season."
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 17:43]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Digital ticketing on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 1123 viewscolinallcars

Digital ticketing on 17:41 - Aug 6 by toboboly

Eh? Where has it been said it has to be a QR code? Old ST's have a barcode so presumed that would be fine?

Edit: Taken directly from the Ticketmaster email -

"Any Season Ticket holder who has already registered as a non-digital supporter with the QPR Box Office will have their 2019/20 QPR Pay Card reactivated for Stadium Access for the 2021/22 Season unless stated otherwise.

New Season Ticket holders who have purchased a 2021/22 Season Ticket and were not a Season Ticket holder in 2019/20 will have a QPR Pay Season Card sent in the post which will give Stadium Access to non-digital supporters for the season."
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 17:43]

Hmm….now I have a new card to go with the old card that they said would be reactivated. I'm going to take both with me plus a copy of the letter which I've managed to get a neighbour to print off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024