Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Digital ticketing 22:34 - Jul 12 with 28647 viewscolinallcars

The offish now has ticket details for the pre season friendlies and it states all ticketing will now be digital only. It would appear that this will be for all ticketing in the future. Am I misreading this ?

Digital ticketing on 15:14 - Jul 22 with 2367 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 14:38 - Jul 22 by WokingR

Had an email from the ticket office this morning confirming that both of my cards from last year have been reactivated.
Fingers crossed.

Despite receiving confirmation by phone, I also got an email today confirming that my ST WILL be on my 19/20 card.

Edit - I DID send them one, so if you're concerned and a want to be non digital, I would e mail them.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 15:15]
Digital ticketing on 15:38 - Jul 22 with 2318 viewstoboboly

Digital ticketing on 14:38 - Jul 22 by WokingR

Had an email from the ticket office this morning confirming that both of my cards from last year have been reactivated.
Fingers crossed.

Nowt as yet for me (renewing-asked for non digital)

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Digital ticketing on 15:41 - Jul 22 with 2316 viewsstowmarketrange

Digital ticketing on 15:14 - Jul 22 by BlackCrowe

Just received our digital season tickets which for some reason won't upload to apple wallet at the moment.

Question - if i can't go to a game and want to gift my seat to a friend or other family member, does it mean they have to borrow my phone for the day (which cleary won't happen) or else they can't get in?

I think they were always meant to be non transferable,so this just ensures they are.Maybe you have to contact the box office and they might be able to print off a paper copy,but I’m only guessing.
How will it work for the Scandinavian R’s who share several season tickets?
There are more questions than answers says the song.
Digital ticketing on 16:38 - Jul 22 with 2230 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Digital ticketing on 15:41 - Jul 22 by stowmarketrange

I think they were always meant to be non transferable,so this just ensures they are.Maybe you have to contact the box office and they might be able to print off a paper copy,but I’m only guessing.
How will it work for the Scandinavian R’s who share several season tickets?
There are more questions than answers says the song.

They used to do the season ticket transferral service where you could have a ticket printed and left for collection at the collection window near the shop but that was stopped a few years ago.

I used to share a season ticket with someone so we’d pay 50% of the cost of season ticket. If either one couldn’t make the game the other would use it. If both could go we’d buy a single ticket nearby and share the cost of the other ticket. Similar to the Scandinavian R’s i suppose. I guess this will stop that kind of practice.

As you say lots of changes happening but not much explanation about why.

Would be a good question for Hoos in the Patrian I guess. The future Season tickets in an all digital ticketing system.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 16:44]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Digital ticketing on 17:08 - Jul 22 with 2165 viewsterryb

A simple, but probably stupid question please.

I have seen mamy references to a wallet. Please what or where is this on my phone? Will it be in my QPR app?

I know I'm a ludite, but so are others of us! I need the club, or individuals, to give me a step by step guide to how I will gain sccess to the ground. And no, I don't want to revert to my old ST, I just want to know how to use digital ticketing for Queens Park Rangers!
Digital ticketing on 18:16 - Jul 22 with 2125 viewsozranger

Digital ticketing on 17:08 - Jul 22 by terryb

I have seen mamy references to a wallet. Please what or where is this on my phone? Will it be in my QPR app?

I know I'm a ludite, but so are others of us! I need the club, or individuals, to give me a step by step guide to how I will gain sccess to the ground. And no, I don't want to revert to my old ST, I just want to know how to use digital ticketing for Queens Park Rangers!

Seems to be something on the Offy..

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/digital-ticketing-how-to-guide-220721/

However, if like me your tickets were sent from "boxoffice@qpr.co.uk" then all that video is absolutely useless. So, we are all still in the dark. I hope they (ticketmaster) will send out some e-mail for the season ticket people so that it can be uploaded to the wallet within the QPR App.
Digital ticketing on 18:33 - Jul 22 with 2104 viewsStroud_R

Fellow Luddite here - bought my first cheapish motorola smartphone a few weeks ago specifically for the ST.

I already had a google account which I then linked to my new phone (with some additional security questions being asked from me).
I downloaded Google Pay onto my phone from 'Play Store'
When I got the ST email today (from ticketmaster) I used the 'Google Pay save to phone' option at the end of the email.
I got taken through a few security questions and finally got an error message - but actually the ST had landed in the Google Pay app.

So there is no actual wallet when you use Google Pay - the ST just appears on the front page of the Google Pay app.

I think there are going to be a few people who are going to struggle with this - but the email does also say you can register as a non-digital supporter and have the 2019/20 card reactivated for 21/22.

To gain entry to the ground I'm not clear if it works from optically scanning the QR code on the digital ticket or whether it works like a 'touch' credit/debit card - when you have to touch to the phone to a magnetic scanner.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 18:46]
Digital ticketing on 18:40 - Jul 22 with 2090 viewsknocker

Just watched the video on official with instructions how to enter using digital. Absolutely none the wiser. Will be fun for millwall game. Chaos.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 18:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Digital ticketing on 21:15 - Jul 22 with 1955 viewsQPR_John

Asked last week for my card to be activated and got an email confirming that. Today received an email about downloading to google wallet. Downloaded ST to google pay so I assume I can use either the card or the phone
Digital ticketing on 21:23 - Jul 22 with 1930 viewsMaggsinho

Got mine tonight.

Found I had to have Safari set as my default browser to move it to my wallet but that hiccup aside seems to have worked fine.
Digital ticketing on 21:30 - Jul 22 with 1927 viewsLythamR

Digital ticketing on 21:23 - Jul 22 by Maggsinho

Got mine tonight.

Found I had to have Safari set as my default browser to move it to my wallet but that hiccup aside seems to have worked fine.

just got my digital one as well, I have Chrome as default browser and it worked ok although it wasnt obvious it had gone in until i checked the wallet

No password required to download it so i hope nobody has intercepted the outgoing emails!!
Digital ticketing on 21:50 - Jul 22 with 1904 views81A

Digital ticketing on 15:14 - Jul 22 by BlackCrowe

Just received our digital season tickets which for some reason won't upload to apple wallet at the moment.

Question - if i can't go to a game and want to gift my seat to a friend or other family member, does it mean they have to borrow my phone for the day (which cleary won't happen) or else they can't get in?

Supposing you screenshot the QR code thingy and sent that to the person who was using your seat for a particular match - would that work ?
Digital ticketing on 21:53 - Jul 22 with 1890 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Digital ticketing on 21:50 - Jul 22 by 81A

Supposing you screenshot the QR code thingy and sent that to the person who was using your seat for a particular match - would that work ?

I'm not sure. They have morphing QR codes these days which change each time they load I think.

Digital ticketing on 22:20 - Jul 22 with 1829 viewsknocker

Digital ticketing on 21:53 - Jul 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm not sure. They have morphing QR codes these days which change each time they load I think.

You might as well be talking in Spanish.
Digital ticketing on 22:23 - Jul 22 with 1821 viewsPikey

Despite having received written confirmation my season tkt/cash card would be loaded for this year have just received the digital tkt from Ticketmaster.
What the f. Is going on.
Written to the box office yet again.
Why do they insist on making it all so difficult. Close to asking for me money back and go racing on a Saturday p.m
Digital ticketing on 23:01 - Jul 22 with 1778 viewsashranger

I have a ticket for my two Children to share, however it is in my eldest’s name and was emailed to him.

I have managed to put it in his wallet and send it to my phone by just forwarding the email so also have it in my wallet for when I take my 7 year old.

I can’t see any reason why you can’t have it on two separate phones (I.e share with someone) as i would imagine the gate will recognise if that ticket has been used for a game preventing two people from entering.

Also appeared on my watch so can use that to get in as well.

Might be wrong but the sharing of a ticket looks simple
Digital ticketing on 23:21 - Jul 22 with 1759 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Digital ticketing on 22:20 - Jul 22 by knocker

It means they can be forged less easily. I think that's all they care about these days.

Basically they seem to think they can have a ticketing system that works across the spectrum. Football, music, rugby, cricket, cheese rolling fans. We all need to behave in the same way apparently.

Digital ticketing on 01:39 - Jul 23 with 1705 viewsDevon_4_England

Data is king but venues need to know who is in their stadiums these days for security reasons hence the move to digital ticketing.

Don’t see the big issue here if cards can still be used for those who want that option.

100% mobile ticketing works for a tournament like the Hundred with a sophisticated app that is fully integrated but football & rugby clubs season ticket holders don’t always want a mobile ticket so the choice of card or mobile needs to be there.
Digital ticketing on 07:12 - Jul 23 with 1600 viewsNorthernr

Digital ticketing on 23:01 - Jul 22 by ashranger

I have a ticket for my two Children to share, however it is in my eldest’s name and was emailed to him.

I have managed to put it in his wallet and send it to my phone by just forwarding the email so also have it in my wallet for when I take my 7 year old.

I can’t see any reason why you can’t have it on two separate phones (I.e share with someone) as i would imagine the gate will recognise if that ticket has been used for a game preventing two people from entering.

Also appeared on my watch so can use that to get in as well.

Might be wrong but the sharing of a ticket looks simple

Yeh my season ticket arrived yesterday in my email, straight onto my phone very easily and I don't see why even a screenshot of it wouldn't work if somebody wanted to use mine while I'm away or something.
Digital ticketing on 08:07 - Jul 23 with 1541 viewsstevec

I feel your pain.

Text my son and he advised there’s a thing called Wallet in the iPhone apps, he was right. Black outlined with coloured file headings within, hope that helps.

Whether your ticket downloads, that I can’t help with. Waiting for him to get back in the country to complete download but had a fiddle. Wish I hadn’t as my debit card somehow got itself on there, so the very real risk I’ll be paying for something instead of getting through the doors at LR. Apologies in advance to anyone held up in the queue behind me.
Digital ticketing on 08:17 - Jul 23 with 1531 viewswombat

Digital ticketing on 08:07 - Jul 23 by stevec

I feel your pain.

Text my son and he advised there’s a thing called Wallet in the iPhone apps, he was right. Black outlined with coloured file headings within, hope that helps.

Whether your ticket downloads, that I can’t help with. Waiting for him to get back in the country to complete download but had a fiddle. Wish I hadn’t as my debit card somehow got itself on there, so the very real risk I’ll be paying for something instead of getting through the doors at LR. Apologies in advance to anyone held up in the queue behind me.

anyone who has a Iphone just type Wallet into search and it brings it up and the ticket will be in there , airlines have used them for years now and saves the grief at check in or looking for pieces of paper etc before getting on the plane , take a screenshot as well and keep it in photos as a back up just in case

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Digital ticketing on 08:57 - Jul 23 with 1483 views80s_Boy

Digital ticketing on 22:20 - Jul 22 by knocker

No estoy seguro. Tienen códigos QR cambiantes en estos días que cambian cada vez que cargan, creo.
Digital ticketing on 09:13 - Jul 23 with 1437 viewsLythamR

Digital ticketing on 22:23 - Jul 22 by Pikey

Despite having received written confirmation my season tkt/cash card would be loaded for this year have just received the digital tkt from Ticketmaster.
What the f. Is going on.
Written to the box office yet again.
Why do they insist on making it all so difficult. Close to asking for me money back and go racing on a Saturday p.m

they have been sent out by ticketmaster so i imagine everyone gets one regardless of if its also going to be loaded onto a physical card or not, i wouldnt give the box office to much agro over this, its probably outside of their control.
Digital ticketing on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 1432 viewsCliff

Digital ticketing on 07:12 - Jul 23 by Northernr

Yeh my season ticket arrived yesterday in my email, straight onto my phone very easily and I don't see why even a screenshot of it wouldn't work if somebody wanted to use mine while I'm away or something.

Simple way to test it:

Take a screen shot on your phone a day or so before and show that at the turnstiles, if it fails you can still show your original.
Digital ticketing on 09:23 - Jul 23 with 1401 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Digital ticketing on 08:57 - Jul 23 by 80s_Boy

No estoy seguro. Tienen códigos QR cambiantes en estos días que cambian cada vez que cargan, creo.

Ignorame!

No saber ni papa de algo 🤷‍♂️

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024