Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Digital ticketing 22:34 - Jul 12 with 29448 viewscolinallcars

The offish now has ticket details for the pre season friendlies and it states all ticketing will now be digital only. It would appear that this will be for all ticketing in the future. Am I misreading this ?

Digital ticketing on 09:26 - Jul 23 with 2623 views80s_Boy

Digital ticketing on 09:23 - Jul 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

Ignorame!

No saber ni papa de algo 🤷‍♂️

Perdón por la respuesta tardía. Tuve un problema con el WiFi y no pude acceder al traductor de Google.

Joder sabe cómo funcionan estas cosas digitales, ¡quiero una tarjeta!
Digital ticketing on 09:52 - Jul 23 with 2552 viewsMaggsinho

Digital ticketing on 22:23 - Jul 22 by Pikey

Despite having received written confirmation my season tkt/cash card would be loaded for this year have just received the digital tkt from Ticketmaster.
What the f. Is going on.
Written to the box office yet again.
Why do they insist on making it all so difficult. Close to asking for me money back and go racing on a Saturday p.m

In the email it says:

Any Season Ticket holder who has already registered as a non-digital supporter with the QPR Box Office will have their 2019/20 QPR Pay Card reactivated for Stadium Access for the 2021/22 Season unless stated otherwise.

So you'll still be getting it on your card as well.
Digital ticketing on 11:33 - Jul 23 with 2464 viewsPikey

Had a nice reply from Gavin saying just that. But not in the clubs control ? I was under the understanding that we employed Ticketmaster to do our bidding and not the other way round.
Is it ticketmaster driving the move to digital with such haste? Are there no other players in this market or maybe just maybe we take it back in house and be back in control.
Digital ticketing on 12:05 - Jul 23 with 2427 viewsterryb

Digital ticketing on 17:08 - Jul 22 by terryb

A simple, but probably stupid question please.

I have seen mamy references to a wallet. Please what or where is this on my phone? Will it be in my QPR app?

I know I'm a ludite, but so are others of us! I need the club, or individuals, to give me a step by step guide to how I will gain sccess to the ground. And no, I don't want to revert to my old ST, I just want to know how to use digital ticketing for Queens Park Rangers!

Sorted!

My wife was patient enough to get me to follow her instructions. I had to set up email on my phone as well as installing google pay.

I can now access the ST in less than 30 seconds. That will do me!
Digital ticketing on 15:51 - Jul 23 with 2325 viewsStanisgod

Digital ticketing on 21:15 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

Asked last week for my card to be activated and got an email confirming that. Today received an email about downloading to google wallet. Downloaded ST to google pay so I assume I can use either the card or the phone

Your lucky, e mailed yesterday too check my card had been reactivated, which i asked for weeks ago. Had no confirmation so far.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Digital ticketing on 16:09 - Jul 23 with 2295 viewscollegeranger

Riddle me this .... when I renewed my season ticket over the phone I wasnt asked fordigital or non-digital. I assume they have made mine digital!

I will be on hols in Scotland for the first home game so usually pass my ticket on to mates I sit around in Ellerslie Rd. How can I do that when my phone is Scotland with me.

I predict a riot not just with Millwall but with the turnstiles!!
Digital ticketing on 18:01 - Jul 23 with 2221 viewsNorthernr

Digital ticketing on 16:09 - Jul 23 by collegeranger

Riddle me this .... when I renewed my season ticket over the phone I wasnt asked fordigital or non-digital. I assume they have made mine digital!

I will be on hols in Scotland for the first home game so usually pass my ticket on to mates I sit around in Ellerslie Rd. How can I do that when my phone is Scotland with me.

I predict a riot not just with Millwall but with the turnstiles!!

Open your season ticket on your phone. Screenshot it. Send him the screenshot.
Digital ticketing on 10:29 - Jul 24 with 2063 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 21:15 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

Asked last week for my card to be activated and got an email confirming that. Today received an email about downloading to google wallet. Downloaded ST to google pay so I assume I can use either the card or the phone

Yep - same as me, except the last bit.

Received an email saying that my 19/20 card would be activated and like you. now received the email saying I can download - which I can't being a technical dunce and not even having a smart phone.

Might take a paper copy of my email conformation with me on the 7th, just in case!
Login to get fewer ads

Digital ticketing on 10:30 - Jul 24 with 2063 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 22:20 - Jul 22 by knocker

You might as well be talking in Spanish.

That's unfair - I know 1 or 2 words of Spanish!!!!

Lets go for Chinese or Swahili
Digital ticketing on 10:33 - Jul 24 with 2053 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 09:13 - Jul 23 by LythamR

they have been sent out by ticketmaster so i imagine everyone gets one regardless of if its also going to be loaded onto a physical card or not, i wouldnt give the box office to much agro over this, its probably outside of their control.

Absolutely not their fault and as I've said countless times, never had a problem with the staff.

See my other email, also - Matt at the the club sorted my issue with the offy re streaming today's game in 6 minutes!
Digital ticketing on 10:35 - Jul 24 with 2046 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 15:51 - Jul 23 by Stanisgod

Your lucky, e mailed yesterday too check my card had been reactivated, which i asked for weeks ago. Had no confirmation so far.

They are busy, took them 5 days to reply to me, with an apology for being slow.

I also rang, so was double sorted - I hope!
Digital ticketing on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 1894 viewswombat

Digital ticketing on 10:35 - Jul 24 by PinnerPaul

They are busy, took them 5 days to reply to me, with an apology for being slow.

I also rang, so was double sorted - I hope!

First time if using the new system and worked like a dream , quicker than the old card readers that’s for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Digital ticketing on 08:27 - Jul 25 with 1776 viewsozranger

Digital ticketing on 22:32 - Jul 24 by wombat

First time if using the new system and worked like a dream , quicker than the old card readers that’s for sure

Unfortunately, that was not always the case. My QR code did not work at the turnstiles. Each turnstile had a light up the top and a security guy came straight over and grabbed the printed sheet, took it elsewhere, came back and said it should work now, which it did (why it did after it did not, I have no idea). That is, they were trained and prepared for it not to work and knew exactly what to do and do it quickly.

So, while it wasn't completely okay, they were able to fix it without too much delay. Not too sure how this will relate to phones, but I think some of the paper tickets may have problems on occasions. Still thumbs up for being well prepared.
Digital ticketing on 10:20 - Jul 25 with 1706 viewscolinallcars

For those lucky enough to be there yesterday - are there still humans operating the turnstiles ( apart from the security people ) ?
On a tangent - anything different inside ? things like access and entry to the seating.
Digital ticketing on 11:25 - Jul 25 with 1655 viewsLythamR

Digital ticketing on 08:27 - Jul 25 by ozranger

Unfortunately, that was not always the case. My QR code did not work at the turnstiles. Each turnstile had a light up the top and a security guy came straight over and grabbed the printed sheet, took it elsewhere, came back and said it should work now, which it did (why it did after it did not, I have no idea). That is, they were trained and prepared for it not to work and knew exactly what to do and do it quickly.

So, while it wasn't completely okay, they were able to fix it without too much delay. Not too sure how this will relate to phones, but I think some of the paper tickets may have problems on occasions. Still thumbs up for being well prepared.

He probably had to go and do a bit of colouring in on the QR code, nice work :)
Digital ticketing on 11:53 - Jul 25 with 1634 viewscollegeranger

Digital ticketing on 10:20 - Jul 25 by colinallcars

For those lucky enough to be there yesterday - are there still humans operating the turnstiles ( apart from the security people ) ?
On a tangent - anything different inside ? things like access and entry to the seating.

No - steward on the outside - I got to Ellersie at 2.40 and it was a bit of a shambles to be honest. I would say 1 in 3 were being told that their QR codes or paper tickets wouldn't scan so go back against the flow of people and go in via the big gate.

The lad in front of me scanned his ticket, moved forward to find the turnstile wouldn't move and at the same time as I thought he was going thru I scanned my phone went green then he went in I think on my scan. Then I was locked out but again the person behind me did the same so I went in on their ticket I think

I then waited inside opposite the tunstiles for about 2 min for my mate who was 4 people or so behind me after a bag check and in that 2 min nobody came thru! Not good enough and I know the spread of arrivals on arrivals on Saturday is longer than midweek evening game - it could be chaos for the first midweek fixture in the Ellersie! Not impressed and there was no social distancing of course!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 11:56]
Digital ticketing on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 1574 viewsNorthernr

Worked fine for me but there was certainly a far longer queue than usual, and I was there a bit earlier than I ordinarily would be too.
Digital ticketing on 12:46 - Jul 25 with 1520 viewsozranger

Digital ticketing on 11:53 - Jul 25 by collegeranger

No - steward on the outside - I got to Ellersie at 2.40 and it was a bit of a shambles to be honest. I would say 1 in 3 were being told that their QR codes or paper tickets wouldn't scan so go back against the flow of people and go in via the big gate.

The lad in front of me scanned his ticket, moved forward to find the turnstile wouldn't move and at the same time as I thought he was going thru I scanned my phone went green then he went in I think on my scan. Then I was locked out but again the person behind me did the same so I went in on their ticket I think

I then waited inside opposite the tunstiles for about 2 min for my mate who was 4 people or so behind me after a bag check and in that 2 min nobody came thru! Not good enough and I know the spread of arrivals on arrivals on Saturday is longer than midweek evening game - it could be chaos for the first midweek fixture in the Ellersie! Not impressed and there was no social distancing of course!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 11:56]

Trouble is, what is the solution. Is it to have someone at each gate (or a group of gates) who can check the validity of the ticket with a hand scanner and then override the turnstile system, thus allowing the person in? Or, should some sort of red light come up when the scanner can not read the QR code and even if it does, the spectator needs to know what to do? Can we stop people from scanning - that is the scanner shows a red light - until the previous person correctly enters the ground?

Obviously, these are teething problems that the club no doubt expected and knows about by now and hopefully it should be better with Leicester and almost right with Millwall.
Digital ticketing on 16:18 - Jul 25 with 1388 viewsfrancisbowles

Digital ticketing on 12:46 - Jul 25 by ozranger

Trouble is, what is the solution. Is it to have someone at each gate (or a group of gates) who can check the validity of the ticket with a hand scanner and then override the turnstile system, thus allowing the person in? Or, should some sort of red light come up when the scanner can not read the QR code and even if it does, the spectator needs to know what to do? Can we stop people from scanning - that is the scanner shows a red light - until the previous person correctly enters the ground?

Obviously, these are teething problems that the club no doubt expected and knows about by now and hopefully it should be better with Leicester and almost right with Millwall.

My take on it was that it was the individuals unfamiliarity with the system. If you didn't push the turnstile hard enough and quickly enough then it had already accepted your QR code and you don't get a second chance. I tried to scan the barcode first and when that didn't work scanned the QR code and got in alright. Mrs FB was not so lucky and had to find the supervisor who had a hand held device which presumably reset her ticket. He said you only have 7 seconds after scanning the QR code.
Digital ticketing on 19:07 - Jul 25 with 1305 viewstoboboly

Digital ticketing on 12:46 - Jul 25 by ozranger

The solution is to use the pissing cards and have a kid scan it. They waste so much on other stuff this is like Ecclestone complaining about flowers and drinks whilst giving ageymang a 4 year deal

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Digital ticketing on 19:23 - Jul 25 with 1290 viewsdaveB

Digital ticketing on 19:07 - Jul 25 by toboboly

The solution is to use the pissing cards and have a kid scan it. They waste so much on other stuff this is like Ecclestone complaining about flowers and drinks whilst giving ageymang a 4 year deal

There wasn't really any difference between scanning a card and the phone yesterday. I don't recall their being anyone on the turnstiles other than stewards for a good few years now.

We got to the ground quite early and was pretty easy but I am skeptical about it working this season
Digital ticketing on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 1164 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well my experience was a bit mixed. The app wouldn’t work on my phone. For some reason it kept trying to load (little spinning football) but a message came up saying cannot connect to internet. The internet was working fine so not sure why it was saying that. Other people in my group had no problem. I tried opening it on several occasions going to the ground but it wouldn’t work. I had printed off a ticket in case but the reader turned red when I scanned it. They let me in through the side gate anyway. It wasn’t until I got to the seats that I realised I’d printed off the wrong ticket somehow. So that bit was my fault but I’ve no idea why the App wouldn’t work. It’s working fine again now.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Digital ticketing on 10:29 - Jul 26 with 1147 viewsEastR

Apologies for what is probably a fairly basic question:

- to have the google pay app on your phone do you need a gmail account?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Digital ticketing on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 1074 viewsStevenageRanger

I would expect a screenshot of the Season Ticket that you could send to someone would work. If not I think you should be able to call the club and ask them for a paper ticket for odd games.
Digital ticketing on 12:56 - Jul 26 with 1062 views80s_Boy

Digital ticketing on 12:49 - Jul 26 by StevenageRanger

I would expect a screenshot of the Season Ticket that you could send to someone would work. If not I think you should be able to call the club and ask them for a paper ticket for odd games.

My missus tried to explain and show me Google Wallet but it was no help.

Have taken a screen shot of my ticket and made it a favourite in my gallery.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024