Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread 07:16 - Dec 5 with 24805 viewsnix

Yeah, cos it's tradition, I'm continuing the matchday thread, but with no small measure of trepidation, despite my natural happy clappiness.

I'd feel a bit more confident without our increasing injury list. We're a plastic icebag on Charlie's knee from having to potentially recall a 19 year old from Torquay to join the match day squad as reserve striker. We're going through wingbacks at a careless rate.

And yet this squad (who are so lovely and are so brilliantly the right sort their wives are getting together to raise money for sick children plus our Tiger Cubs, (please donate here and support them if you can https://trustdraw.qpr.co.uk/))just deserve a bit more luck and to continue where they started the weekend fixtures in third. I'm going for a 2-1 win to the Rs, with Willock 🔥 and Chair sharing the spoils.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 07:31 - Dec 5 with 7443 viewsdmm

Well done nix. I'm joining you in your careless abandonment to optimism and going 2-1 as well. Player of the month, Willock, to open the scoring and put a further £m on his price tag.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 07:33 - Dec 5 with 7438 viewsDorse

Feeling positive about this one, even though we're losing a few through injuries. To be fair, this league seems to turn everyone's squad to mulch by December anyway, so it might be less of an issue.

A win to the good guys. Just for something different, how about a winner from Odubajo?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 09:06 - Dec 5 with 7324 viewsPinnerPaul

As we stand only 2 places and 4 points above Stoke, don't think we'll lose but think it will be 1-1 and hopefully, like my Derby loss prediction, I will be totally wrong, in a good way obviously!
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Dec 5 with 7227 viewslondonscottish

Let's think. Slow start, concede in 1st half. Speed up and score one in the 2nd half.

I'm going for a cautious 1-1. I'd be happy with that, just to keep the scoring record going.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:08 - Dec 5 with 7146 viewsthemodfather

as qpr are in good form, at home and playing well, the boring "don't lose" comes to mind as a point is keeping us in top 6, injuries etc aside i am going for a qpr 2-1 win.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:15 - Dec 5 with 7116 viewsPinnerPaul

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:08 - Dec 5 by themodfather

as qpr are in good form, at home and playing well, the boring "don't lose" comes to mind as a point is keeping us in top 6, injuries etc aside i am going for a qpr 2-1 win.

Whisper it quietly but lose and we stay in the top 6 as well!
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:16 - Dec 5 with 7111 viewsjoe90

Another big game today. Unfortunately won’t make it, but will try and watch at home.

3 points puts us back in 3rd and a point clear of WBA.

Wish I could be there to cheer the team on. Exciting times for us! I hope everyone going enjoys the game and gets behind the team win lose or draw.

2-0 Rangers, come on!!!
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:17 - Dec 5 with 7109 viewsloftus77

2-2. Then joint level with Blackburn in every way.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:18 - Dec 5 with 7103 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just about to set off and I'm actually quite excited.

3-1 QPR?

Steady on!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:19 - Dec 5 with 7097 viewsMaggsinho

Taking my seven year old to his first game today so I’m hoping for lots of goals, I’d rally all down the Loft end. So I’m saying 3-0 with the goals coming in the second half.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:25 - Dec 5 with 7062 viewsNed_Kennedys

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:18 - Dec 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Just about to set off and I'm actually quite excited.

3-1 QPR?

Steady on!

Yeah I’m thinking 3-1 as well. Stoke fans not confident, lots of injuries, always struggle against quick passing teams, and generally lose in London.

No problems today then for us! 😚
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:26 - Dec 5 with 7069 viewsQPRSteve

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:19 - Dec 5 by Maggsinho

Taking my seven year old to his first game today so I’m hoping for lots of goals, I’d rally all down the Loft end. So I’m saying 3-0 with the goals coming in the second half.

Let's hope he's a lucky mascot. If he is, you will have to get him a season ticket!

Nix, you are showing your age with the thread title.

2-0 down and we comeback to win 3-2. Where have I seen that before?
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Dec 5 with 7045 viewscolinallcars

No problems - 3-0 to us.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:43 - Dec 5 with 7012 viewsPinnerPaul

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Dec 5 by colinallcars

No problems - 3-0 to us.

Hope you're right and the only 'problem' is the Wembley traffic for those that go near there - its the Womens FA Cup Final - ko 2.00pm
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:44 - Dec 5 with 7009 viewsPinnerPaul

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.shmVEYO8rxjonkI2B1aASAHaJC?w=134&h=180&c=7
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 11:56 - Dec 5 with 6948 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 12:42 - Dec 5 with 6827 viewsDieByYourSide

If we can be near enough unchanged from Derby I’ll be confident of a decent win. May prove more of a struggle if not

Poll: And it's hi ho

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:11 - Dec 5 with 6740 viewsRangersDave

About damn time we stopped shilly shallying with tippy tappy football and put a team to bed quickly....... and score a shed load of goals.

so a 5-0 drubbing by the Hoopsa!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 13:11]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:33 - Dec 5 with 6641 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:37 - Dec 5 with 6568 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hmm that’s an injury hit team.
Always annoys me when we only put 6 players on the bench: put an U23 on there FFS, it won’t do them any harm.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 6467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Field to CB and Barbet at LWB?
Or flat back four with Barbet at LB?
Anyone for another question mark?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:43 - Dec 5 with 6457 viewsQPRSteve

Four at the back? Or can Sam Field play in the back line?
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:48 - Dec 5 with 6333 viewsNed_Kennedys

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:43 - Dec 5 by QPRSteve

Four at the back? Or can Sam Field play in the back line?

I expect Barbet LWB and Field in CD, can’t imagine we will play three central midfielders.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:49 - Dec 5 with 6306 viewsCamberleyR

Don't remember seeing anything about Uncle being injured. Assuming that's the case as he'd at least be on the bench.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 13:55 - Dec 5 with 6231 viewsWren67

We are looking a little threadbare there, but they are probably worse off than us.

Going for a 2-nil to the Rssssssssssssssss.

Kakay and Willock
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024