Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello Eunice 19:31 - Feb 17 with 11935 viewscolinallcars

Looks like it'll be a bit breezy tomorrow.
God, I hope it blows itself out by Saturday, the loss of another Saturday match would be hard to take.
Hello Eunice on 14:12 - Feb 18 with 2174 viewseastside_r

We have a car park at the back of our flat complex. A tree over-looking has been snapped in two and is now in car park. Part of an adjoining fence has been blown over.

Still blowing strong in the NE suburbs.
Hello Eunice on 14:18 - Feb 18 with 2133 viewsenfieldargh

I large conifer almost down in my garden lifted up a load of decking; my neighbour's shed roof partly blew off and smashed a hole in my out building roof

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Hello Eunice on 14:18 - Feb 18 with 2128 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just cycled against the wind in the Martlebone Road.

I'd not recommend it, I lost my hat and twice nearly got blown over, I weigh 15st 13 the force be stronk in that wind!

I feel like I do when finishing the Ealing Half.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hello Eunice on 14:21 - Feb 18 with 2110 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hello Eunice on 13:41 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

I had three aborted landings in one go at Kathmandu airport on a Beat up old Bangladesh 737, we'd gone from beautiful sightings of the Himalayas to pitch black tropical storm in minutes this was 3.00pm in the afternoon.
The third attempt the screaming from the passengers was even worse as was the vomiting of people, (mainly kids).
First two landings we hit the runway bloody hard, third attempt pilot pulled up about 100 feet from the ground just as the plane got absolutely drenched, (the noise was the worst). I was sat right at the front the female stewards looked terrified.
Flew straight up and went back to Bangladesh.

Never did go back and do the Nepal hippy trail after all.

Wow-bloody-blimey, I don’t think I’d get back on a plane after that.

Kathmandu/walking in the Himalayas is the last thing to do on my travel itinerary. I mentioned this to my Nepali colleague, and when she had a few chums visiting her in Doha, she informed one ran a travel company. So we talked and when they described what I’d be flying in to get to the Himalayas, I already felt the bottling effect.

This was because I once did a tiny Cessna out of the Amazon to La Paz airport. It was the most petrified I’ve ever been: windows froze up on the inside of the plane, which the co-pilot de-iced with a bank card; we all needed oxygen; the plane - the size of a dinner table - constantly jolted with every bit of turbulence: and I had a panic attack.

I don’t recall disembarking the plane and my mates, who thought I was exiting with them, lost me and in a total fog I was walking away from the terminal toward the runway!

A380s and the bigger the better for me.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hello Eunice on 14:31 - Feb 18 with 2009 viewsNoelmc

Hello Eunice on 13:02 - Feb 18 by Phildo

he is over 200000 live streams now - I think a fair number from LFW

I started watching it after a live interview with the guy Jerry on BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show.

As you say it was compulsive viewing and I even used a plane finder App to track the approaches and go arounds when they failed to land.

The third attempt of the Qatar Airways flight was the most tense I've been since the Everton penalty shoot out earlier this season. Fortunately, positive results in both cases!
Hello Eunice on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 1927 viewsJuzzie

With the wind noise outside the house, feels like full surround sound whilst watching the Heathrow video!
Hello Eunice on 14:50 - Feb 18 with 1882 viewsMick_S

Hello Eunice on 14:31 - Feb 18 by Noelmc

I started watching it after a live interview with the guy Jerry on BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show.

As you say it was compulsive viewing and I even used a plane finder App to track the approaches and go arounds when they failed to land.

The third attempt of the Qatar Airways flight was the most tense I've been since the Everton penalty shoot out earlier this season. Fortunately, positive results in both cases!

I work across the road from Northolt airport and watched one of these (or something very similar) try to land a few days ago. It pulled out twice and went back up to circle and made it on the third attempt. Scary stuff. Someone mentioned that it could have been practice or training.

Stay with it for the landing around 1:05.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hello Eunice on 14:55 - Feb 18 with 1851 viewsslmrstid

Hello Eunice on 14:50 - Feb 18 by Mick_S

I work across the road from Northolt airport and watched one of these (or something very similar) try to land a few days ago. It pulled out twice and went back up to circle and made it on the third attempt. Scary stuff. Someone mentioned that it could have been practice or training.

I haven't been on there for a long time to see if they still do, but Ryanair frequently had training flights running out of East Midlands Airport and on FlightRadar24 you'd be able to track the plane just flying around in one big circle, landing, then immediately taking off again, for hours at a time.

Re Heathrow it never ceases to amaze me when you see the planes lined up one after another going into land. It must be one hell of a logistical job to manage it all.
Login to get fewer ads

Hello Eunice on 15:14 - Feb 18 with 1717 viewsBklynRanger

Hello Eunice on 14:21 - Feb 18 by PlanetHonneywood

Wow-bloody-blimey, I don’t think I’d get back on a plane after that.

Kathmandu/walking in the Himalayas is the last thing to do on my travel itinerary. I mentioned this to my Nepali colleague, and when she had a few chums visiting her in Doha, she informed one ran a travel company. So we talked and when they described what I’d be flying in to get to the Himalayas, I already felt the bottling effect.

This was because I once did a tiny Cessna out of the Amazon to La Paz airport. It was the most petrified I’ve ever been: windows froze up on the inside of the plane, which the co-pilot de-iced with a bank card; we all needed oxygen; the plane - the size of a dinner table - constantly jolted with every bit of turbulence: and I had a panic attack.

I don’t recall disembarking the plane and my mates, who thought I was exiting with them, lost me and in a total fog I was walking away from the terminal toward the runway!

A380s and the bigger the better for me.

We flew from Quito to a town in the Amazon on a bigger plane, but I did have one proper scare. We're over dense jungle, the pilot makes an announcement in rapid Spanish and the wife turns to me and says "We're going down!". I nearly shat myself of course. Anyway it turned out what she meant to say was we were "landing" and she was surprised how short the flight had been. Language barrier yet again. I can still see the tops of those trees.

Had one aborted landing in La Coruna in fog - it was all fine but the pilot must have decided at the last minute that he couldn't see the runway. The scary thing was there was no announcement or anything, just a very rapid ascent - obviously they're concentrating on getting the plane back up at that point.
Hello Eunice on 15:32 - Feb 18 with 1624 viewsPinnerPaul

Hello Eunice on 14:50 - Feb 18 by Mick_S

Hello Mick, I was refereeing at Harrow School that afternoon and what I thought were 3 large planes flew over where I was to approaching the airport, now you've posted this, I realise it was the same plane!
Hello Eunice on 15:50 - Feb 18 with 1519 viewsMick_S

Hello Eunice on 15:32 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Hello Mick, I was refereeing at Harrow School that afternoon and what I thought were 3 large planes flew over where I was to approaching the airport, now you've posted this, I realise it was the same plane!

That’s the one! It was a monster, wasn’t it? When it declined to land the second time my old knees started to go.

Hello Eunice on 15:59 - Feb 18 with 1490 viewskensalriser

Hello Eunice on 08:16 - Feb 18 by stevec

Seems we’ve shut half the country down for what appears to be a swift breeze down my way.

Bloke on the beeb doing a massive build up on the beach of Ilfracombe where absolutely nothing is happening

If I was the Chinese looking on I’d be telling Putin to get the show on the road and don’t stop marching.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hello Eunice on 16:14 - Feb 18 with 1429 viewsBoston

On the bright side, Windy Miller reports a bumper harvest of ground corn.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hello Eunice on 16:17 - Feb 18 with 1400 viewsPinnerPaul

Its going to be fine (wind wise) tomorrow and may even be dry for the actual match

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcpv48yzj#?date=2022-02-19
Hello Eunice on 16:19 - Feb 18 with 1388 viewsWokingR

Bournemouth v Forest called off
Hello Eunice on 16:19 - Feb 18 with 1387 viewsNorthernr

Calling Bournemouth Forest at 4pm is somewhat fcking disgusting.
Hello Eunice on 16:25 - Feb 18 with 1358 viewscolinallcars

Hello Eunice on 16:17 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Its going to be fine (wind wise) tomorrow and may even be dry for the actual match

If we win it'll be raining confetti.
Hello Eunice on 16:27 - Feb 18 with 1350 viewsPinnerPaul

Hello Eunice on 16:19 - Feb 18 by Northernr

Says it was after structural engineers carried out an inspection, these things a) take time and b) I expect there is quite a demand for structural experts on a day like today BUT why not announce the 'problem' in advance - like they do with horse racing, if there's going to be a course inspection they often announce it the previous day along with the time the inspection is taking place.

Done that here - " Due to damage to the stadium, a structural inspection is due to take place, we expect to announce the outcome of this by mid afternoon" - at least everyone would have had some warning.
Hello Eunice on 16:28 - Feb 18 with 1347 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hello Eunice on 15:14 - Feb 18 by BklynRanger

We flew from Quito to a town in the Amazon on a bigger plane, but I did have one proper scare. We're over dense jungle, the pilot makes an announcement in rapid Spanish and the wife turns to me and says "We're going down!". I nearly shat myself of course. Anyway it turned out what she meant to say was we were "landing" and she was surprised how short the flight had been. Language barrier yet again. I can still see the tops of those trees.

Had one aborted landing in La Coruna in fog - it was all fine but the pilot must have decided at the last minute that he couldn't see the runway. The scary thing was there was no announcement or anything, just a very rapid ascent - obviously they're concentrating on getting the plane back up at that point.

I was on an aborted landing coming into Atlanta and after we levelled out from our bloody rapid ascent, the pilot comes on the mic and says: ‘you might have noticed we didn’t land there!’

Given the resulting yelps, screams and scared look on my fellow passengers, what I really needed was a pilot more focused on one of the key parts of his job spec and not a comedian.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hello Eunice on 16:31 - Feb 18 with 1322 viewsEsox_Lucius

As I survived the storm of 1987 does that mean I now have natural immunity to Eunice?

The grass is always greener.

Hello Eunice on 16:53 - Feb 18 with 1203 viewsMick_S

Hello Eunice on 16:17 - Feb 18 by PinnerPaul

Just been on the football on tv site and I noticed that Nice play Angers in Ligue 1 tomorrow.

Hello Eunice on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 1187 viewsNorthernr

Hello Eunice on 16:19 - Feb 18 by Northernr

Calling Southend v Grimsby off just before 5pm even more so.
Hello Eunice on 16:58 - Feb 18 with 1170 viewsJuzzie

On or off, no way would I travel to a game today/tonight. Just not worth the risk. Even if the wind has subsided there's potential for trees to still fall, clean up operations trying to happen etc.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 17:03]
Hello Eunice on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 1099 viewsozranger

Hello Eunice on 16:55 - Feb 18 by Northernr

You can't get to Bournemouth today anyway. All trains are cancelled. In fact, i think almost all trains in the southern half of the country are halted. So, at least if you were intending to get there by train, you could not. That said, one hopes that the poor fans can get their money back for the accom which may be harder at this late stage.
Hello Eunice on 17:14 - Feb 18 with 1081 viewsBoston

Hello Eunice on 16:55 - Feb 18 by Northernr

Does it a pier there’s a problem?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024