Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans match thread 09:00 - May 7 with 20953 viewsbosh67

Well, my middle name is 'meaningless' so starting this one.

Manager leaving, Charlie gone, Dykes almost tattooed enough to qualify for a 'Where's Wally?' book, half the team out, leaving, gone, a promising goalkeeper who Chair towers over, players not knowing if a new contract offer involves money, a chance to get 10% of the ball against a team that keeps the ball for an average of 135% a game. What could possibly go wrong?

I hate to say it but I reckon either 3-1 to Swansea or a last play for the gaffer 1-1.

Oh, go on then. 5-0 to us and that slight tinge of anger as to why this Rangers didn't turn up for 10 games!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Swans match thread on 14:30 - May 7 with 2236 viewsBoston

Swans match thread on 14:28 - May 7 by ted_hendrix

I'm quite emotional

We’d noticed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swans match thread on 14:31 - May 7 with 2209 viewsSimplyNico

Swans match thread on 14:27 - May 7 by Toast_R

Wow Forest score late to go third playing Luton then Hull equlaize and their fourth again and playing Sheff Utd. Fun and games

That is very funny.

Sh!tting the bed now definitely on.

I will run this past my Florist supporting work colleague to wind him up a bit.
Swans match thread on 14:32 - May 7 with 2197 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Swans match thread on 14:26 - May 7 by stowmarketrange

A win just to give us hope for next season.

Unbeaten in May!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Swans match thread on 14:33 - May 7 with 2160 viewspaulparker

Swans match thread on 14:29 - May 7 by Toast_R

Well done QPR. Heads held high and magnificent parting gift from Mark for the travelling R's faithful. Remind me why he's deemed not good enough again?

QPR 1 Cardiff 2
QPR 1 Posh 3
Posh 2 QPR 1
Barnsley 1 QPR 0
QPR 1 Sheff utd 3

We know why he lost his job Toast , you don’t go from 3rd in the league with a game in hand to 11th. Without questions being asked

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Swans match thread on 14:33 - May 7 with 2158 viewskensalriser

Dom Ball back in the team, clean sheet and an away win.*

*This is just for Dorse. For everyone else, yeah I know it was really Seny.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swans match thread on 14:34 - May 7 with 2136 viewskropotkin41

So little, so very very late from the Rs. FFS! The one occasion I could have gone to The Liberty and seen us win, and I didn't, and it meant nothing at all. A team that'll be dismantled and a manager getting his overcoat on.

We finished 9 points off the play-offs and in the top half, despite having the worst form in the league since bloody February.

Anyway, have a lovely break everyone. It'll be the next season in about 5 minutes time. I hope we all have reason to be a bit more optimistic by then.... but I doubt it.

I am resolved to get to some games next season whatever our form looks like! It's been far too long.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 15:25]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Swans match thread on 14:35 - May 7 with 2106 viewsDamo1962

Despite our miserable run, we still managed to win more games than we lost. Repeat that next season, and turn a few more of those defeats into draws...and "Bob's yer gender neutral relative". Amazing how a QPR win canlift your mood. Where's that bottle of Malbec?😎
Swans match thread on 14:36 - May 7 with 2082 viewsDamo1962

Swans match thread on 14:32 - May 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Unbeaten in May!

Post of the day🤣
Login to get fewer ads

Swans match thread on 14:37 - May 7 with 2060 viewsdavman

Swans match thread on 14:33 - May 7 by kensalriser

Yeah, but didn't Dom do well?

His versatility and general non-crapness should make him a sho-in for a new contract; we're not goin g to get better cheaper I'd have thought...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Swans match thread on 14:38 - May 7 with 2036 viewsLythamR

Swans match thread on 14:27 - May 7 by Logman

Well done Warbs. So glad he signed off with a win. No less than he deserved. Been a top manager for us.

(Also makes a mockery of all the stupid comments on social media about his integrity after the line-up was announced)

Well done Warbs

Yes , looked like genuine affection between warbs and the players at the end and 5 minutes after the final whistle most of the 700 rangers there were singing his name

Best of luck to him for the future.
Swans match thread on 14:39 - May 7 with 2011 viewsDamo1962

Is it just coincidence that Seny returns...and we keep a clean-sheet. What might have been and all that. Big player for us, and I hope he stays.
Swans match thread on 14:40 - May 7 with 1994 viewsDejR_vu

Swans match thread on 14:33 - May 7 by kensalriser

That’s a proper 🖕🏻 to the DoF. We’ll done Mark Warburton.

The wrong person is leaving the club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Swans match thread on 14:40 - May 7 with 1995 viewsPinnerPaul

Swans match thread on 14:29 - May 7 by Toast_R

Well done QPR. Heads held high and magnificent parting gift from Mark for the travelling R's faithful. Remind me why he's deemed not good enough again?

See league table, as I said above , in the end we actually fell about 10 points short.

Wouldn't have let him go myself, but beating Swansea in a meaningless game does nothing for/against I don't think.
Swans match thread on 14:43 - May 7 with 1921 viewsdmm

And a nice little bonus is Field avoided his 15th yellow and won't miss the start of next season.

Actually, not a single yellow was issued which tells us exactly what kind of game it was.
Swans match thread on 14:44 - May 7 with 1905 viewsPinnerPaul

Swans match thread on 14:43 - May 7 by dmm

And a nice little bonus is Field avoided his 15th yellow and won't miss the start of next season.

Actually, not a single yellow was issued which tells us exactly what kind of game it was.

Good point x 2!
Swans match thread on 14:44 - May 7 with 1903 viewsdavman

Well done Warbs. So glad he signed off with a win. No less than he deserved. Been a top manager for us.

(Also makes a mockery of all the stupid comments on social media about his integrity after the line-up was announced)

Well done Warbs

Not sure

Can we go out yet?

Swans match thread on 14:44 - May 7 with 1886 viewskensalriser

Swansea really looked like they couldn't give an arse, especially in the 15-20 mins before we scored when they were queuing up time after time and couldn't even muster a decent shot.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swans match thread on 14:46 - May 7 with 1846 viewsdavman

Well done Warbs

Not sure I agree with you there, Logman. Yep, it was great to get a win, but there is no way we should be travelling with just five subs two of which were 'keepers. A couple of kids on the bench (Ody Alfa and Aaron Drewe spring to mind) giving them a run out at the end of the game for experience would have been useful.

Yes, we won and you can argue Warbs was vindicated, but I still think it was a poor showing from him...

Can we go out yet?

Swans match thread on 14:48 - May 7 with 1806 viewsDejR_vu

Swans match thread on 14:40 - May 7 by PinnerPaul

See league table, as I said above , in the end we actually fell about 10 points short.

Wouldn't have let him go myself, but beating Swansea in a meaningless game does nothing for/against I don't think.

10 points short with a decimated squad. If the quality of the players doesn’t make any difference why do we bother trying to get good ones? If it does then you’d expect us to suffer results-wise whilst they’re unavailable, or rather anyone with an ounce of common sense would, so why blame the manager? Common sense in short supply.

This club will go nowhere until they get the recruitment at the top right. The Board finally, belatedly, recognised they didn’t have a clue but then appointed the wrong person.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Swans match thread on 14:49 - May 7 with 1783 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Swansea 0 QPR 1
We won! At last.
It may have been a match that didn't matter.
But I feel so much better.
Whatever you might think - Warbs leaves with a win, Ball - at last playing - leaves the club with a win, Chair - what a class act - finishes the season with a win. Dieng on his return - such a calming influence - keeps a clean sheet. What's not to like?
Even the 700 travelling Rangers fans were singing.
We finish 11th.
In a normal season we would say - not bad - a fraction disappointing considering we finished 9th last year.
Yes two points less but the same 9 points behind the final play-off spot also from last season.
However we have been like a Covid 19 graph.
Massive highs and horrific lows
If we had just built slowly throughout the season to finish 11th we would say - that's ok.
But we had our hopes lifted and then they collapsed.
And with it out goes the manager - contract not extended - lots of players leaving - the unknown of a new manager incoming - and who knows what will happen to us next season.
So I'm going out on a limb - sort of.
If we can finish yet again this time next year in the top half of the table then that will be a major success.
And that's considering that we are a little club, with a small budget and the owners are pumping in money to keep us going.
I'm thankful we still have a club instead of being deleted from history.
Sometimes it's painful but when we win - don't we all feel great?
By the way my new manager will be Mark Warburton - to replace Mark Warburton.
Not a bad track record my new Warbs - a man of dignity and respect.
Yes he has his flaws. But I'll stick with this new Warbs - whoever that may be.
We can only hope.
The season ending is always sad.
But I want to ask at least two questions.
1. Barbet - give him a 3-year contract now. Why not?
2. Why is Ball not staying - a good reliable squad player at the very least - a footballer who gives everything?
Just a statement - I still like Kakay - maybe for next season the right side of midfield with his pace or even a winger. Just a thought.
As for the match - easily forgettable.
Chair was outstanding collecting an intelligent pass from McCallum and set-up a tap in for Gray 10 minutes from time.
So to leave this season behind - with all its idiosyncrasies - but knowing we won our last match - then that will do for me.
Have a good summer.
Swans match thread on 14:51 - May 7 with 1749 viewsNorthantsHoop

Pleased Warbs signed off with a win. Andy Sinton nailed it in his commentary, overall our home form has fallen short, the worst of top 10 teams. Yet again this season Warbs has delivered pretty well on away games.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 14:52]
Swans match thread on 14:53 - May 7 with 1708 viewsjohncharles

Warburton got everything wrong today ……..

Er, we won. He’ll have go

Strong and stable my arse.

Swans match thread on 15:03 - May 7 with 1563 viewsbosh67

Glad Warbs gets the win.

We lose a manager who has had a very bad patch but has improved the club hugely.

We lose our talisman striker who wanted to stay.

We lose Ball. A player every squad cries out for.

We lose Gray back to Watford. So lazy and bad that he’s our top scorer with I think with the least of the three striker starts?

Dykes needs to be more than that guy who plays for Scotland.

At least Seny is back but for how long.

Our best coaching option is Eustace who Watford now deem to be their target. Has to be the logical successor? Perhaps he’ll cancel Ball’s taxi?

Really glad we won. Really worried that we’ll have to sell our best players in the summer to survive and that next season could be a real battle to stay up again. And on that happy note take care everyone.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 15:04]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Swans match thread on 15:04 - May 7 with 1555 viewsLogman

Swans match thread on 14:46 - May 7 by davman

Not sure I agree with you there, Logman. Yep, it was great to get a win, but there is no way we should be travelling with just five subs two of which were 'keepers. A couple of kids on the bench (Ody Alfa and Aaron Drewe spring to mind) giving them a run out at the end of the game for experience would have been useful.

Yes, we won and you can argue Warbs was vindicated, but I still think it was a poor showing from him...

But you can only use three subs. Yes, I understand naming 7 subs when there is something riding on the game but there is no point in having kids on the bench if you are giving games to 1st team squad players or players who are leaving and the kids are not going to get on.

It was probably decided during the week that Kakay, Dozzell and Gray would be the subs and that they would be going on. Seems reasonable given the context.
Swans match thread on 15:04 - May 7 with 1549 viewsToast_R

Swans match thread on 14:51 - May 7 by NorthantsHoop

Pleased Warbs signed off with a win. Andy Sinton nailed it in his commentary, overall our home form has fallen short, the worst of top 10 teams. Yet again this season Warbs has delivered pretty well on away games.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 14:52]

Maybe we should have two managers. One for home and one for away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024