Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans match thread 09:00 - May 7 with 20957 viewsbosh67

Well, my middle name is 'meaningless' so starting this one.

Manager leaving, Charlie gone, Dykes almost tattooed enough to qualify for a 'Where's Wally?' book, half the team out, leaving, gone, a promising goalkeeper who Chair towers over, players not knowing if a new contract offer involves money, a chance to get 10% of the ball against a team that keeps the ball for an average of 135% a game. What could possibly go wrong?

I hate to say it but I reckon either 3-1 to Swansea or a last play for the gaffer 1-1.

Oh, go on then. 5-0 to us and that slight tinge of anger as to why this Rangers didn't turn up for 10 games!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Swans match thread on 11:43 - May 7 with 2359 viewspaulparker

Swans match thread on 11:36 - May 7 by HAYESBOY

Seems like a final F you to the board to me. Could be wrong.

Yeah that’s how I see it
Warburton should of been sent home for that by Les
Scandalous that in a nothing game he still wouldn’t pick two young lads to sit on the bench
You won’t be missed Warburton,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Swans match thread on 11:44 - May 7 with 2354 viewsdavman

Swans match thread on 11:31 - May 7 by QPRSteve

Seny Back!

only 5 on the bench, 2 of them keepers
[Post edited 7 May 2022 11:33]

Just how tinpot are we?

Absolutely pathetic bench in terms of numbers.

Where is Jimmy Dunne? Captain Courageous? The "legend" that is Charlie Austin who can't be bothered with the last game even though we have no-one else available? Hendrick - he may even have actually done something today, but clearly not bothered and more interested in his own career.
Is he really going to play Ball or Field as a Centre Back just to keep his precious three CB system in place?

... and we got rid of Jordy De Wijs in January because HE was an injury liability.

How do we watch the fun unfold? Has anyone got a stream for this?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Swans match thread on 11:44 - May 7 with 2350 viewsdmm

A quite bizarre match day squad that gives the impression Warburton is sticking two fingers up at some in the club. Why has he not filled the bench with 23s?
Swans match thread on 11:46 - May 7 with 2324 viewsArcticHoop

Thinking about the same. This bench is a joke.

What´s the point have any youngsters at the club if you don´t give them a chance even sit on the bench in a totally meaningless last game of the season
Swans match thread on 11:47 - May 7 with 2306 viewsQPunkR

Bit of an F you to the (absolutely mental) fans who travelled as well too?

QPR - "shit but local"

Swans match thread on 11:47 - May 7 with 2299 viewsstevec

No Jimmy Jimmy? Ooohh!
Swans match thread on 11:47 - May 7 with 2301 viewsQPROslo

Swans match thread on 11:41 - May 7 by PinnerPaul

Hendrick and Dunne were in the offy pictures of training, so not sure what has happened there?

Johansen too.
Swans match thread on 11:51 - May 7 with 2203 viewsLoudR

I’m on my way to the ground and it deffo seems like a f uck you. Total mentalness having two keeps on the bench
Login to get fewer ads

Swans match thread on 11:52 - May 7 with 2199 viewssprocket

Warburton is a man of principle and a good one too. Doubt he is trying to make a point but would wonder why no U23 players on bench. Disappointing.
Swans match thread on 11:52 - May 7 with 2194 viewsPinnerPaul

Swans match thread on 11:47 - May 7 by QPROslo

Johansen too.

Yep, forgot about him.

Very odd.

MW DID say we had loads of injuries (pretty much been saying that since Jan) but even an anti conspiracy theorist like myself can't quite believe we couldn't find 3 more outfield players to make up a 'proper' bench?

Rather two faced of MW to preach a 'professional approach' to the last match and having a 'duty' to the club, fans, his family, cat, dog etc and then pick that bench?
Swans match thread on 11:55 - May 7 with 2139 viewsvanrrrr

Laugh or cry? Not sure.
Swans match thread on 11:56 - May 7 with 2127 viewsHAYESBOY

I'll wait to hear what MW has to say about the bench. Possibly loads of injuries, but seems a lot.
Funny thing is, we couldn't find a keeper previously, now we have 3 in the match squad of 16 players.
Also I suppose that could be a back four with Ball in a midfield 3. Will know soon enough.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 11:58]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Swans match thread on 11:58 - May 7 with 2099 viewsylviz

Very disappointed in Warburton
Swans match thread on 11:58 - May 7 with 2087 viewsstevec

Swans match thread on 11:55 - May 7 by vanrrrr

Laugh or cry? Not sure.

I’m just thankful 16 players turned up.
Swans match thread on 12:00 - May 7 with 2065 viewsted_hendrix

Our postman has just knocked on the door to deliver a parcel, he Is a bit odd and he changed his name by deed poll to Merthyr Tydfil, I said "good morning Mr Tydfil" and he handed me my parcel and replied "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
I replied "oh f uck off you silly postman"
So he cycled off on his bright red post office issued penny farthing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Swans match thread on 12:01 - May 7 with 2046 viewsMalintabuk

Swans match thread on 11:51 - May 7 by LoudR

I’m on my way to the ground and it deffo seems like a f uck you. Total mentalness having two keeps on the bench

Braver man than me gunga din hope it is not too bad for you
Could have gone today but really couldn't be @rsed with it and neither are any of the family.... not sure if it is my age now or falling out of love with all this
Absolutely disgusting bench.... and a disgrace to our club. I had great admiration for Warbs but this is really not on
Good luck to all you lads and lasses that went you certainly deserve better than this
Will following the game on here as can't even be bothered to hear the audio..... what a come down from January
Swans match thread on 12:03 - May 7 with 2024 viewsPinnerPaul

Swans match thread on 11:58 - May 7 by stevec

I’m just thankful 16 players turned up.

Think we sometimes forget they ARE being paid and actaully will be paid until end of June when all contracts expire.

So a nice 7 weeks off after this game, so not tooooooo much to ask them to travel/paly surely?

As I said above IF Hendrick, SJ, Dunne injured/ill why are they shown training on the offy?
Swans match thread on 12:04 - May 7 with 2009 viewsAntti_Heinola

Looks v suspicious, but just about possible a bug struck down JJ, Dunne and Hendrick all got a bug/covid this morn which would mean no time for u23 callups. Also, aren’t all our main U23s out on loan?

Bare bones.

Swans match thread on 12:04 - May 7 with 2006 viewsQPRSteve

Having watched the U23 game during the week, I would have liked to see Flaherty and Pedder on the bench. Also Bettache and Owens if they are discussing a contract with him.
Swans match thread on 12:11 - May 7 with 1914 viewsOldPedro

Swans match thread on 11:52 - May 7 by PinnerPaul

Yep, forgot about him.

Very odd.

MW DID say we had loads of injuries (pretty much been saying that since Jan) but even an anti conspiracy theorist like myself can't quite believe we couldn't find 3 more outfield players to make up a 'proper' bench?

Rather two faced of MW to preach a 'professional approach' to the last match and having a 'duty' to the club, fans, his family, cat, dog etc and then pick that bench?

Their should be an explanation of why only 5 players on the bench and 2 keepers - as you say, doesn't appear very professional

A disappointing end in MW 150th game in charge

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Swans match thread on 12:18 - May 7 with 1798 viewsBklynRanger

My main issue with that team is Sanderson being anywhere near it. Good to see Ball given a start, am sure he'll get some good support.

I can't drink at the minute but this is the sort of game you need to have a good strong 6-pack of beers lined up for, with plans to have the sound down and the music up by the time this head fcuk of a season ends.
Swans match thread on 12:23 - May 7 with 1716 viewsbosh67

Not sure why we are risking Seny. 2 sub keepers indicates he may not last. 3 outfield subs suggests everyone else has been stood down. They obviously told Austin that’s it. Who knows what’s wrong with Dunne and others? Perhaps a bug? Who knows? No explanation. No kids on the bench. It feels like an ominous sign that this club is flat broke. I see Watford want Eustace as well. It really does feel like the start of a slow death for us.

We’ll win, won’t we!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Swans match thread on 12:24 - May 7 with 1692 viewsqueensparker

I’d be struggling to give less of a fk about this game if it wasn’t for my hefty bet on us to finish top half, which seemed like the easiest money ever until the last few months.

Come you c-nuts you can do it
Swans match thread on 12:26 - May 7 with 1672 viewsdanehoop

Swans match thread on 12:23 - May 7 by bosh67

Not sure why we are risking Seny. 2 sub keepers indicates he may not last. 3 outfield subs suggests everyone else has been stood down. They obviously told Austin that’s it. Who knows what’s wrong with Dunne and others? Perhaps a bug? Who knows? No explanation. No kids on the bench. It feels like an ominous sign that this club is flat broke. I see Watford want Eustace as well. It really does feel like the start of a slow death for us.

We’ll win, won’t we!

adjust my earlier forecast now from 7-6 to us to 11-0 to them.

Never knowingly understood

Swans match thread on 12:28 - May 7 with 1618 viewsWegerles_Stairs

No excuses for that bench. Straight out of the Harry playbook. A very childish 'f*ck you' to the board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024