Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Match Thread 12:20 - Mar 17 with 36842 viewsSuperhoop83

I'm so desperate for things to turn around I've decided to start a match thread for the first time ever.

Somehow I predicted the Watford result, although Buzsaky didn't get the goal, so here's hoping for another one.

QPR 2 Birmingham 1

Suffering since 1978.

Birmingham Match Thread on 12:23 - Mar 17 with 6917 viewsRs_Holy

i'm going (hooray).... a 1-1 will feel like we have won the Champions League
Birmingham Match Thread on 12:38 - Mar 17 with 6842 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR 3 Birmingham 1

Multiple laps of honour, an open bus parade around the Bush, eight-part documentary series on the QPR Academy and other hyperbole to follow.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2023 12:39]
Birmingham Match Thread on 12:40 - Mar 17 with 6833 viewsHarbour

Stroud as ref our form sorry 0-2…hope I am wrong.
Birmingham Match Thread on 12:46 - Mar 17 with 6821 viewsloneranger1

Feels like the hardest game to predict all season, could be anything between 3-0, 3-3 and 0-3 depending on how much Ainsworth's got through to them, whether we actually have Johansen and one or two others (Chair?) back, and whether we concede or score first.

1-1?
Birmingham Match Thread on 13:00 - Mar 17 with 6774 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Possibly the hardest game to predict all season? Best I've got is lightning doesn't strike twice in such a short space of time so we probably won't lose by 5. Can't score more than one either though so in conclusion 1-1 will do.
Birmingham Match Thread on 13:06 - Mar 17 with 6749 viewsbosh67

After the last two result who the hell knows? If they listen to Ainsworth and actually put in a performance for him then they can get something from this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Birmingham Match Thread on 13:46 - Mar 17 with 6665 viewsBoston

QPR 2. Birmingham 0

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birmingham Match Thread on 13:52 - Mar 17 with 6652 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Birmingham Match Thread on 13:46 - Mar 17 by Boston

QPR 2. Birmingham 0

I will take that highlight package right now Boston .
Try and get it up early I am going on a bus for a pub crawl around 6 so will be too sick Sunday to watch
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Match Thread on 13:55 - Mar 17 with 6646 viewskropotkin41

You've made a mistake with the thread title... it needs "(defeat)" inserted!

It all depends, as they say, on which QPR turns up. I'm going 1-3 Birmingham.... simply down to the error in thread naming.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:00 - Mar 17 with 6621 viewsR_from_afar

Well, we can't complain about a lack of excitement this season.

Unfortunately, most of it has been *the wrong sort of excitement*, as we plummet down the table and suffer humiliating defeat after humiliating defeat.

I am struggling to know what the team is going to serve up. There surely has to be a positive reaction after that humbling defeat against The Tangerines. 1-1 maybe, if things go well?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:35 - Mar 17 with 6566 viewsted_hendrix

Allowing for the mandatory conceding of three goals at home and factoring In Strouds incompetancy surge at around 50-55 minutes by awarding them another penalty because Dickie fell over again on his way to the toilet that'll make us down 0-4 by the 57th minute.
After that who knows?
I don't.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Birmingham Match Thread on 22:50 - Mar 17 with 6312 viewsRanger_1969

Another scrappy 1-0 win. Chair with the 67th minute winner.....

I have, however, just finished a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc - so this prediction may not be entirely accurate........
Birmingham Match Thread on 22:59 - Mar 17 with 6295 viewsBluce_Ree

I think we can get a 0-0 out of them if all of our defenders suddenly remember why they exist.

I can't fathom a win but its a shame because traditionally I'd always expect us to beat Brum.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Birmingham Match Thread on 23:11 - Mar 17 with 6283 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I expect a positive reaction from the Rangers, and I’m sure Birmingham would rather not be the next team up to face us after Tuesday’s narrow defeat.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Birmingham Match Thread on 23:12 - Mar 17 with 6279 viewscolinallcars

TFL compound our misery - no trains into S Bush and no District line into Hammersmith.
I seem to fondly remember a time when the tube ran seven days a week - or was it some strange, muted chimera playing tricks with my attenuated memory ?
I'd take a point tomorrow.
Birmingham Match Thread on 07:26 - Mar 18 with 6107 viewsnumptydumpty

We have to score first !!

If we don't this team crumble !!

If we don't concede in first couple minutes then we can take it from there.

To me I am predicting 0 - 3 !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Birmingham Match Thread on 08:00 - Mar 18 with 6074 viewsDorse

I have fired up the nuclear powered Predictotron 3000, which may superficially resemble a cardboard box with stickers on and my daughter hiding inside, fed in all the variables and the results read as follows: 'Take me to Primark. Bring cash'.

Hmm. I will continue the research.

QPR 2 Brum 1

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Birmingham Match Thread on 08:11 - Mar 18 with 6050 viewsPunteR

I'd take 0-0 right now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Birmingham Match Thread on 08:32 - Mar 18 with 6013 viewsjoe90

I don’t care about the result. As far as I’m concerned this season is over and this team is done. We’re well beyond a win or staying up making any difference to the health of the club. Just need to get to the summer and hope we do something productive pre-season.
Birmingham Match Thread on 08:35 - Mar 18 with 6009 viewsstevec

Navigating the south of England via buses and tubes to get there today so these fckers had better not let me down again Gareth.

I’ve got a fair idea how that’ll pan out but you live in hope.
Birmingham Match Thread on 09:07 - Mar 18 with 5965 viewsenfieldargh

I had a dream the other night

QPR 1 Brum 4

Would rather have wet the bed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Birmingham Match Thread on 09:11 - Mar 18 with 5948 viewsNorthantsHoop

All depends if we get in front, go behind and this team probably won't be able to handle it. Hopeful of a win, but who knows with this team.
Birmingham Match Thread on 09:38 - Mar 18 with 5887 viewsterryb

Birmingham Match Thread on 23:12 - Mar 17 by colinallcars

TFL compound our misery - no trains into S Bush and no District line into Hammersmith.
I seem to fondly remember a time when the tube ran seven days a week - or was it some strange, muted chimera playing tricks with my attenuated memory ?
I'd take a point tomorrow.

The Central Line appears to be running ok
Birmingham Match Thread on 09:59 - Mar 18 with 5823 viewsdavman

0-4.

This lot have zero fight. I always saw Centre Backs as the rabble trousers, the takenoshite heading machines at the back. We have tippy tappy nervous wrecks playing there at the moment.

Any Brum set piece is a goal.

We might win some headers up top, but that's it. The "Midfield" can't win second balls as they just stroll around not reacting (Tim, Tim, wake the fck up the game started half an hour ago FFS).

All about whether we take this lot on actively and engage as soon as they get the ball - first contact - or whether they sit back like the Academy kids they are fearful of any physical contact with the nasty opposition. If the former (Watford) we might have a game; if the latter they can f-off and we'll get thumped once again. Bummed in the Gob at home AGAIN.

WHY am I putting myself through this?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Birmingham Match Thread on 10:03 - Mar 18 with 5811 viewsDorse

Birmingham Match Thread on 09:59 - Mar 18 by davman

0-4.

This lot have zero fight. I always saw Centre Backs as the rabble trousers, the takenoshite heading machines at the back. We have tippy tappy nervous wrecks playing there at the moment.

Any Brum set piece is a goal.

We might win some headers up top, but that's it. The "Midfield" can't win second balls as they just stroll around not reacting (Tim, Tim, wake the fck up the game started half an hour ago FFS).

All about whether we take this lot on actively and engage as soon as they get the ball - first contact - or whether they sit back like the Academy kids they are fearful of any physical contact with the nasty opposition. If the former (Watford) we might have a game; if the latter they can f-off and we'll get thumped once again. Bummed in the Gob at home AGAIN.

WHY am I putting myself through this?

Same reason people watch Mrs Brown's Boys, I suppose.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024