Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 09:38 - Dec 7 with 64588 viewsHayesender

I think he's been on the sauce. Having a right old rant about women commentators

https://x.com/Joey7Barton?t=F75tX2JiioFteGA70R3MCA&s=09

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Joey Barton on 13:22 - Dec 12 with 3338 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 13:16 - Dec 12 by GroveR

Oh go on, fùck it, I'm curious - what's a pretend lesbian? Do you only simulate flicking the bean?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-are-boringly-straight-women-claiming-to-

https://diva-magazine.com/2023/10/16/alex-scott-reveals-why-she-refuses-to-label

You know, sometimes I forget this messageboard is mostly 50+ white blokes who grew up in a really different world to me. The gap between generations is huge.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Joey Barton on 13:23 - Dec 12 with 3380 viewsQPunkR

Joey Barton on 13:16 - Dec 12 by GroveR

Oh go on, fùck it, I'm curious - what's a pretend lesbian? Do you only simulate flicking the bean?

QPR - "shit but local"

Joey Barton on 13:31 - Dec 12 with 3326 viewssystemsguy

I think my favorite story was a male player was sent off abroad and told the female ref she should stick to the kitchen....

Obviously he got stiffed with an extended ban for his misogyny and part of the punishment was to referee a woman's match....

He duly carried out the game and sent off I think eight players saying to the last one something about the kitchen again.....

Me... personally I don't enjoy listening to female pundits (as lovely as Alex Scott looks) so don't both watching much apart from the highlights and even then until recently it was a chore until Marti took charge

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Joey Barton on 14:21 - Dec 12 with 3156 viewsdaveB

Joey Barton on 11:30 - Dec 12 by SheffieldHoop

No, but it sure helps your credibility. Say England get to the next world cup final. Who do you expect on? Lineker, Shearer, Ferdinand, Owen, maybe even Becks as it's the final?

Instead, we'll get pretend lesbian Alex Scott giving some contrived moral lecture about diversity to people she deems "Pale, Male & Stale"

When England got to the last Euro final is was Shearer, Ferdinand, Lineker and possibly Jurgen Klinsmann on BBC, ITV had Pougash, Keane, Wright, Neville and Emma Hayes so only one woman. It will be the same next summer

Both will have pitch side reporters just to vary it a bit but the main ones will be men
Joey Barton on 14:28 - Dec 12 with 3123 viewsCateLeBonR

Joey Barton on 11:20 - Dec 12 by SheffieldHoop

1) They're commentators, not pundits.

And 2) That's not even true. Motson when lead commentator on the BBC for England & FA Cup (Say between 2002 and 2016) got loads of stick. Pretty sure there were even threads on older versions of this website slagging off Motty. Won't see it now tho granted.

So the general format as I see it.

Commentators. The lead commentator is generally not from a playing background and it doesn’t matter about what colour/sex etc they are. They should lack bias, be good at describing the match in front of them, know how to pronounce difficult names properly and be able to enhance a football match for it’s viewers/listeners. The sidekick (if present) is generally of a football background and adds insights/humour that perhaps the main commentator and viewer can’t. Again it doesn’t really matter about colour/sex etc.

In the studio/on the pitch. You have a lead presenter who presents the programme material. Can be of a footballing/sporting background but not really important. Should lack bias, possess good presentation skills and be able to lead discussions both previewing the game and reviewing incidents during and after the game. Colour/sex etc not important.

The pundits are generally of football playing background. Can show some bias without being a tw@t about it. Should offer insights to discussions about the match that perhaps the main presenter/viewers can’t. Colour/sex etc doesn’t really matter.

To sum up I don’t personally watch a lot of football on TV anymore, other than QPR related. With club and national team specific content the rules are slightly different. When I do watch ‘mainstream’ football coverage I often find the content irritating and inane and over-hyped and exaggerated. Too much bullsh1t for me but I don’t think it’s a new problem and it’s not just football and I don’t think it can be blamed on a certain demographic of society either.

On a side note I quite enjoyed the commentary on the extended highlights of the Hull match. Does anyone know who it was?
Joey Barton on 14:29 - Dec 12 with 3097 viewsSonofpugwash

Joey Barton on 10:46 - Dec 12 by 100percent

Which would probably be accurate if we were staying with the true definition of a 'pundit'
But by associating Clinton Morrison, Jamie Mackie et al with the word 'expert' Sky are redefining the meaning of the word and IMO, probably dumbing down the definition in favour of popular characters, rather than experts in the field.
As most people have mentioned throughout the thread, there are very few experts of this subject, and the opinion really comes down to who the individual prefers.
I find 99% of the pundits commentary background noise...

"A leopard can't change its stripes" Clinton Morrison on Soccer Saturday.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Joey Barton on 14:30 - Dec 12 with 3058 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 14:21 - Dec 12 by daveB

When England got to the last Euro final is was Shearer, Ferdinand, Lineker and possibly Jurgen Klinsmann on BBC, ITV had Pougash, Keane, Wright, Neville and Emma Hayes so only one woman. It will be the same next summer

Both will have pitch side reporters just to vary it a bit but the main ones will be men

Dave, I wasn't being entirely serious, sorry if that wasn't obvious to you.

Joey Barton on 15:39 - Dec 12 with 2950 viewsed_83

Joey Barton on 15:57 - Dec 9 by SheffieldHoop

"I want to see intelligent, in-depth punditry" while advocating for Karen bloody Carney. Yeah right mate.

Sky sports is utter crap these days and we can all instinctively tell why. Sadly we're not allowed to say it without being accused of being X, Y, Z. Sad.

I made it clear that I don't think Carney's a very good pundit. Neither's Jamie Mackie, but there are reasons aside from that why we, as QPR fans, enjoy seeing him on our screens. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be writing off female pundits as a group just because some of them are bad, when men are just as bad if not worse.

If you / Joey Barton / whoever think it's fine for sub-par male pundits to keep on getting gigs based on nostalgia value, but that a single bad female pundit means women as a collective group aren't cut out for it, then there's a word for that. You're not going to like it though.
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 16:08 - Dec 12 with 2894 viewsed_83

Joey Barton on 13:15 - Dec 12 by SheffieldHoop

Ok. Sorry. Maybe I could have said "Lesbian tourist" instead.

Either way, these are terms that are commonly used by lesbians about lesbians. Not misogyny. Stop trying to label me.

Lesbians can be misogynist, though, as can anyone of whatever gender or sexuality. Identity's not some magic get out jail free card that means you're never allowed to be wrong about anything.

If you're so concerned about being mislabelled, then maybe ease up on the sort of talking points beloved by people who do deserve those labels.
Joey Barton on 16:09 - Dec 12 with 2837 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 15:39 - Dec 12 by ed_83

I made it clear that I don't think Carney's a very good pundit. Neither's Jamie Mackie, but there are reasons aside from that why we, as QPR fans, enjoy seeing him on our screens. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be writing off female pundits as a group just because some of them are bad, when men are just as bad if not worse.

If you / Joey Barton / whoever think it's fine for sub-par male pundits to keep on getting gigs based on nostalgia value, but that a single bad female pundit means women as a collective group aren't cut out for it, then there's a word for that. You're not going to like it though.

Yeh. Then you posted your attempt to make a case for her after the "Women need their memberberries too" post fell flat.

I've said Emma Hayes comes across credibly as a pundit, and basically any of them (Or Michael Owen) can fill the presenter role, so not sure I'm exactly "writing off women" either.

Joey Barton on 16:12 - Dec 12 with 2826 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 16:08 - Dec 12 by ed_83

Lesbians can be misogynist, though, as can anyone of whatever gender or sexuality. Identity's not some magic get out jail free card that means you're never allowed to be wrong about anything.

If you're so concerned about being mislabelled, then maybe ease up on the sort of talking points beloved by people who do deserve those labels.

"Lesbians can be misogynist"

You've lost me there

Joey Barton on 16:16 - Dec 12 with 2842 viewsnumptydumpty

Barton I doubt even truly completely assigns himself with this strange view

As said most pundits really come out with the clichés. Rio Ferdinand being the prize plonker with regards to this type of analysis.

Detailed analysis is rare even from ex male players.

I don't mind the odd female pundit but when it's all women, certainly believe a lot of that is more down to Woke ism as opposed to anything else.

It's great it is a much more diverse and inclusive society today but the PC aspects are massively over dramatised and protected to a stupid degree IMHO..

I work in mental health myself and i do see a much higher percentage of young adults having very limited coping and resilience skills and the term often used, "walking on egg shells", unfortunately this generation can be afraid of life mainly i feel down to this very protected society we live in today.

It seems wrong to me yet I am 56. Are my views simply because i am older.

Am I wrong ???

I think not.....

If I am, please pray tell...
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 16:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Joey Barton on 16:35 - Dec 12 with 2794 viewsed_83

Joey Barton on 16:09 - Dec 12 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh. Then you posted your attempt to make a case for her after the "Women need their memberberries too" post fell flat.

I've said Emma Hayes comes across credibly as a pundit, and basically any of them (Or Michael Owen) can fill the presenter role, so not sure I'm exactly "writing off women" either.

Okay, good for you. You've also suggested that the presence of women pundits is "sinister" so forgive me if I'm a little unclear on what you actually want.

Glad to hear you've come around though. Another win for the woke mind virus.
Joey Barton on 16:43 - Dec 12 with 2764 viewsed_83

Joey Barton on 16:12 - Dec 12 by SheffieldHoop

"Lesbians can be misogynist"

You've lost me there

It's not very complicated: people of all backgrounds and identities can internalise and re-enact oppressive power structures, even ones they themselves are oppressed by. Perhaps a more easily understood example would be colourism within some Black communities.

Not really a critical point in this whole conversation, but the idea that "X said this, so it can't be Y" is flawed.
Joey Barton on 17:12 - Dec 12 with 2662 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 16:35 - Dec 12 by ed_83

Okay, good for you. You've also suggested that the presence of women pundits is "sinister" so forgive me if I'm a little unclear on what you actually want.

Glad to hear you've come around though. Another win for the woke mind virus.

No. The attacks on people's character for stating the bleeding obvious that we all witness through our own eyes and ears is what's sinister. I've been quite clear about that.

Joey Barton on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 2632 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 16:43 - Dec 12 by ed_83

It's not very complicated: people of all backgrounds and identities can internalise and re-enact oppressive power structures, even ones they themselves are oppressed by. Perhaps a more easily understood example would be colourism within some Black communities.

Not really a critical point in this whole conversation, but the idea that "X said this, so it can't be Y" is flawed.

Alexa; define Misogyny "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."

Alexa; define Lesbian "denoting or relating to women who are sexually or romantically attracted exclusively to other women, or to sexual attraction or activity between women."

Make it make sense lads. At this point, I'm beginning to think this 'misogyny' label is a load of crap they've been using to manipulate us. It's all crap, and dare I say, a little bit sinister.

Joey Barton on 17:25 - Dec 12 with 2653 viewsJohnMcCo

Joey Barton on 08:47 - Dec 11 by GaryBannister86

Brilliant post - this is what it is all about.

Fat middle aged men like many of us may take time to get used to women being involved in football, but it really isn't important as to whether some of us find Vicky Sparks annoying or refuse to believe that Alex Scott can't know as much as Joe Cole because she has never played men's football.

It's a far cry now thankfully from "get yet *** out for the lads" or even the (needs to be changed, and quick) - West London is Wonderful following lines - seen Dads with young daughters singing this, many girls now in the Loft looking uncomfortable, needs to stop).

Rangers need to get on board, get our women's side playing permanently at LR and also plot a path to becoming fully professional and targeting Women's championship and ultimately the WSL. We need to build on our female fan base. 60,000 at the Emirates yesterday. Even commercially, can't be ignored.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 8:48]

I've been singing the "woke" version of this for 20 years. Except for Fulham, Chelsea and Brentford. Oh, west London is wonderful.

Partly cos I don't like the coarseness of the original line and partly cos I really don't think west London women are any more wonderful than womankind in general. Sorry.
Joey Barton on 19:26 - Dec 12 with 2512 viewsGloucs_R

One word....

Blackrock

Edit.... Regarding Comcast and why companies all seem to come out with the same ideas at the same time regarding diversity and so called inclusion
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 19:34]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joey Barton on 19:30 - Dec 12 with 2502 viewsRangersw12

8 pages on that cnt when we've won 3 on the trot

Give yours heads a wobble people
Joey Barton on 19:39 - Dec 12 with 2471 viewsPaddyhoops

Joey Barton on 09:17 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

That is incredibly weird that the picked us and not Man City or Newcastle.

Spurs fan allegedly. Obviously values his pass to the Etihad more than ours!

Read that article as well Baz and have to say I was slightly pissed off about it.
Not remotely surprised though as Terry Venables tenure here was barely given a mention by the press.
Sad to say we were ever associated with this 24 carat bellend .
Joey Barton on 20:09 - Dec 12 with 2396 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Joey Barton on 19:30 - Dec 12 by Rangersw12

8 pages on that cnt when we've won 3 on the trot

Give yours heads a wobble people

👏 👏 👏
Joey Barton on 17:02 - Dec 21 with 1873 viewsE17hoop

I see he's mouthed off again and this is an excellent riposte:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Joey Barton on 17:40 - Dec 21 with 1734 viewsDannyPaddox

Joey Barton on 17:19 - Dec 12 by SheffieldHoop

Alexa; define Misogyny "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."

Alexa; define Lesbian "denoting or relating to women who are sexually or romantically attracted exclusively to other women, or to sexual attraction or activity between women."

Make it make sense lads. At this point, I'm beginning to think this 'misogyny' label is a load of crap they've been using to manipulate us. It's all crap, and dare I say, a little bit sinister.

Alexa; What’s the opposite of misogyny? “Misterogony … fool!”
Joey Barton on 19:39 - Dec 21 with 1565 viewsSuperhoops2808

Previously I have just ignored Barton and thought he will go back under the rock he came from

However for Barton to say this about Mary Earps:
"To win before Ronnie O'Sullivan and Frankie Dettori…? Well, that's just madness to me," he tweeted.

"Both almost genius like in their respective fields. They've lost to a big sack of spuds that plays in goal for a girls team.

And to say he would score 100/100 penalties against her is just laughable. He truly is a wrong un on so many levels. I would like to see Mary Earps call him out and challenge him to those penalties and for each one he misses he gives to charities. Maybe to womens charities.

On a side note, why do some on here (and they know who they are) only ever appear when its something controversial that they can stir up - No wonder Clive despairs at times
Joey Barton on 22:34 - Dec 21 with 1391 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Joey Barton on 13:12 - Dec 12 by QPRKirty

It certainly should be challenged. Your casual misogyny makes you comparable to bloody Joey Barton. Give us all a break and give it a rest.

This is a prime example of why SheffieldHoop feels it's sinister. SH took the time to construct a lucid and well laid out argument. Personally, I think "sinister" is a little strong but if I was inclined to respond I'd take the time to construct a lucid and well laid out counter argument. The best you can manage is a lazy accusation of "casual misogyny". In doing so, you've proved SH's point. QED.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 22:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024