Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 09:38 - Dec 7 with 63783 viewsHayesender

I think he's been on the sauce. Having a right old rant about women commentators

https://x.com/Joey7Barton?t=F75tX2JiioFteGA70R3MCA&s=09

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Joey Barton on 20:38 - Dec 7 with 3055 viewsstainrods_elbow

Joey Barton on 09:45 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Really shown his true colours since losing his job. Described his brother's brutal racist murder as "a bit of a scrap" on a podcast the other day. Deeply unpleasant individual. Ashamed he ever played for us, and that I was in favour of the signing when we first made it.

I'm certainly not Barton's cheerleader (a mediocre, mouthy and over-paid player who took us for mugs and in whom unsavouryness and nastiness seems to be continuously simmering), but for a bit of context, he also acknowledged in the pod the value of the life of Anthony Walker and spoke about how well his family had conducted themselves in a way that felt sincere. He also made a TV broadcast at the time imploring Anthony's killers to return to the UK, which can't have been easy. I've no doubt his brother was a nasty piece of work and contributed horribly to the outcome (and may or may not be just as nasty now - though apparently, he's made 'exceptional' progress inside and is due to be parolled in the New Year). In this case, however, the jury found that Paul Taylor actually committed the murder, but Barton was also found guilty of the same charge (although received a lesser sentence) under a contestable British law called 'joint enterprise', which basically means if you're on the scene of a homicide and are viewed as encouraging or contributing to it, you can be charged for the same offence.

Choose your friends carefully, I guess, as a bare minimum!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 20:53]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Joey Barton on 20:43 - Dec 7 with 3053 viewskensalriser

Hasn’t Barton got enough previous to prove he is, was and always will be a thug? Even bigger tw at than Vinnie Jones.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Joey Barton on 20:49 - Dec 7 with 3036 viewsLongsufferingR

I've learned a lot this week about how Ched Evans and Joey Barton are unfortunate, misunderstood souls.
Joey Barton on 22:45 - Dec 7 with 2871 views100percent

Joey Barton on 20:49 - Dec 7 by LongsufferingR

I've learned a lot this week about how Ched Evans and Joey Barton are unfortunate, misunderstood souls.

Not forgetting 'the contestable British law of joint enterprise' that also brought two of the scumbags that murdered Stephen Lawrence to justice....
Joey Barton on 22:51 - Dec 7 with 2857 viewsLazyFan

A good player who controlled the midfield. When he played in the middle (most games not all) he bossed the middle.

He did this by cleverly reading the oppo and positioning himself to nullify their attacks and, at the same time, when he got the ball, be in the correct position to pass it simply 5-10 years that would get your team out of the press-trap and up the field into their third.

This is why managers liked him, as he got your team out and into the oppo's half. He did it in such a simple way and quite a lot, that it was very very effective.

However, as a person, I dislike him so, much that I consider him the personification of scum as he is everything wrong in society today. He is not the answer, people like him are the problem ... allegedly.

I suspect he gets a coaching job in Saudi as he's right up their alley.

zzzzzzzzzz

Joey Barton on 23:07 - Dec 7 with 2816 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Joey Barton on 22:51 - Dec 7 by LazyFan

A good player who controlled the midfield. When he played in the middle (most games not all) he bossed the middle.

He did this by cleverly reading the oppo and positioning himself to nullify their attacks and, at the same time, when he got the ball, be in the correct position to pass it simply 5-10 years that would get your team out of the press-trap and up the field into their third.

This is why managers liked him, as he got your team out and into the oppo's half. He did it in such a simple way and quite a lot, that it was very very effective.

However, as a person, I dislike him so, much that I consider him the personification of scum as he is everything wrong in society today. He is not the answer, people like him are the problem ... allegedly.

"I suspect he gets a coaching job in Saudi as he's right up their alley."

Well, he's played and managed in England for more than two decades, so he seems to be up English Football's alley.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joey Barton on 23:27 - Dec 7 with 2796 viewsingeminate

Joey Barton on 22:51 - Dec 7 by LazyFan

I think he did this for Newcastle and after us at Burnley. He was mainly useless for us. Thought he was beckham, made Karl Henry look like Pirlo. Shit at football, gobshite, disrespectful the club, ego big as a house. The support for him from our supporters has always baffled me!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Joey Barton on 00:14 - Dec 8 with 2722 viewsnumptydumpty

There's something about Joey !!!

Narcissist of the grandest level.

Total donut, who in sporadic moments speaks a lot of sense but generally is unbelievably not aware of self.

Prone to being in polite language a total knobhead !!!

The man has a PHD in philosophy and understands it but even with studying all this to a level that sweeps past most of us but applying his knowledge to his own defective person, seems incapable.

He will get other jobs as am sure is a very proficient interviewee.

Heard Nedum Onouha say when Redknapp was telling the players the format to play in training, Barton said that's bollox and actually they ended up playing Joeys way. Possibly his finest hour, but he doesn't take kindly to orders.

Yet Charlie Austin was friendly with him and Clint Hill has been a part of his back room staff at two of the clubs Joey has coached at.

He wasn't our worst ever player. Was ok.

But as a man, a strange man of several deviant personalities all at odds with authority and himself.

Basically all this drivel I have just written. Could thus be summarised

Barton is a dick !!!!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 0:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 07:44 - Dec 8 with 2527 viewsGus_iom

Joey Barton on 23:07 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"I suspect he gets a coaching job in Saudi as he's right up their alley."

Well, he's played and managed in England for more than two decades, so he seems to be up English Football's alley.

McCarthy cuts to the quick

I was invited to a party hosted by my daughters friend's father in Oz, sat on a bench with two men talking about the lizard people and how they were fed up with sheeple poo pooing them.

Wow
Joey Barton on 07:53 - Dec 8 with 2511 viewsGaryBannister86

Joey Barton on 20:38 - Dec 7 by loftupper

Just a mild misogynist then?

Nothing wrong with being nostalgic for days when women were less represented in TV Coverage of a sport that men, women, boys and girls all like watching. After all the likes of Clinton Morrison and Jamie Mackie are well worth every penny paid to them for their insightful commentary.

So much garbage spoken about the "great old days" of Soccer Saturday.

One thing made Soccer Saturday great and it sure as hell wasn't the "banter" between Thomson, Nicholas, Merson et al.

It was Jeff Stelling.

Now replaced by that odd no-mark Simon Thomas, it is average.

I don't understand what's wrong with Morrison and Mackie. Think they are entertaining and insightful. I would rather watch them than Matt "it's all a conspiracy" Le Tissier, Thommo banging on about Liverpool or Charlie Nicholas, so far out of touch of the modern game it couldn't be true.

In fact, Sue Smith is better than all of them. Probably not allowed to say that, but hey.
Joey Barton on 08:09 - Dec 8 with 2473 viewsGloucs_R

Some football commentators are good, some are poor. I find a lot of the female ones poor if I'm honest.

Interesting to see conspiracy comments crop up in this thread too...

David Icke has been right so many times yet people still focus on his lizard comments, assumingly having never listened to a full interview by him. Probably a discussion for the pub though 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joey Barton on 08:40 - Dec 8 with 2415 viewsgazza1

I can, maybe, go with the trend(a bit) that he isn't the 'best' and can do things 'quite not right' but he has a lot of good friends within the football fraternity & I am sure outside of it, some mentioned in this thread and whom most of us have good vibs about & a lot of time for. No doubt he 'mixed' with a few 'wrong uns' in his youth & perhaps his family was/are not 'the best'. Personally, I dont 'dig out' men, footballers, women, anybody unless I have a personal insight of them unlike most on this MB.

However. from a football playing angle, he is nowhere near as bad as most think. He did a decent(ish) job for the R's, captained us, worked hard, supported the team, played a lot of Premier games, played for some decent teams, etc, etc, etc. I have similar thoughts about John Terry , excellent player.
Joey Barton on 11:05 - Dec 8 with 2270 viewsflynnbo

He did learn to “speak” French though. 😇
Joey Barton on 11:41 - Dec 8 with 2201 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joey Barton on 08:40 - Dec 8 by gazza1

I can, maybe, go with the trend(a bit) that he isn't the 'best' and can do things 'quite not right' but he has a lot of good friends within the football fraternity & I am sure outside of it, some mentioned in this thread and whom most of us have good vibs about & a lot of time for. No doubt he 'mixed' with a few 'wrong uns' in his youth & perhaps his family was/are not 'the best'. Personally, I dont 'dig out' men, footballers, women, anybody unless I have a personal insight of them unlike most on this MB.

However. from a football playing angle, he is nowhere near as bad as most think. He did a decent(ish) job for the R's, captained us, worked hard, supported the team, played a lot of Premier games, played for some decent teams, etc, etc, etc. I have similar thoughts about John Terry , excellent player.

You’ve just said I don’t dig people out before digging everyone out 😆
Joey Barton on 11:47 - Dec 8 with 2175 viewspaulparker

Joey Barton on 07:53 - Dec 8 by GaryBannister86

So much garbage spoken about the "great old days" of Soccer Saturday.

One thing made Soccer Saturday great and it sure as hell wasn't the "banter" between Thomson, Nicholas, Merson et al.

It was Jeff Stelling.

Now replaced by that odd no-mark Simon Thomas, it is average.

I don't understand what's wrong with Morrison and Mackie. Think they are entertaining and insightful. I would rather watch them than Matt "it's all a conspiracy" Le Tissier, Thommo banging on about Liverpool or Charlie Nicholas, so far out of touch of the modern game it couldn't be true.

In fact, Sue Smith is better than all of them. Probably not allowed to say that, but hey.

I’d say your in a low minority if you think Clinton Morrison is a good pundit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Joey Barton on 11:49 - Dec 8 with 2172 viewsGaryBannister86

Joey Barton on 11:47 - Dec 8 by paulparker

I’d say your in a low minority if you think Clinton Morrison is a good pundit

There's nothing wrong with him in my opinion. Big call to say I am in a minority about it, those who shout their views on social media do not maketh the majority.
Joey Barton on 11:57 - Dec 8 with 2149 viewsed_83

Aside from Barton consistently being a pr1ck of the highest order, he’s completely wrong on the facts.

First off, he can’t even get the terms right: he’s talking about punditry rather than commentary, unless people are suddenly up in arms about people like Jacqui Oatley and Vicki Sparks, who’ve been doing MOTD for years.

And the standard of TV punditry across the board, regardless of gender, is poor. Extremely limited insight, rarely anything you wouldn’t have gleaned from just watching the match, and constant recycling of the same old cliches. The idea that these people are chosen on actual merit, rather than because they’re an ex-pro whose name people recognise, is absurd.

Nor is the quality of female pundits noticeably worse than the men. Alex Scott and Gabby Logan are decent, others like Eni Aluko less so, but they’re still better than Robbie Savage or Martin Keown, god help us.

Total nonsense from a useless waster. Seriously, if you’re talking to Piers Morgan and he seems like the reasonable one, you know you’ve gone very wrong somewhere.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 12:21]
Joey Barton on 12:08 - Dec 8 with 2117 viewspaulparker

Joey Barton on 11:49 - Dec 8 by GaryBannister86

There's nothing wrong with him in my opinion. Big call to say I am in a minority about it, those who shout their views on social media do not maketh the majority.

Who said anything about social media ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Joey Barton on 12:14 - Dec 8 with 2089 viewsdaveB

he's just trying to get attention towards his podcast, shouting about women today sending nude photos to players and ruining marriages, got himself on Piers Morgan last night. A great effort to make a new career for himself
Joey Barton on 12:20 - Dec 8 with 2070 viewsed_83

Joey Barton on 20:38 - Dec 7 by stainrods_elbow

I'm certainly not Barton's cheerleader (a mediocre, mouthy and over-paid player who took us for mugs and in whom unsavouryness and nastiness seems to be continuously simmering), but for a bit of context, he also acknowledged in the pod the value of the life of Anthony Walker and spoke about how well his family had conducted themselves in a way that felt sincere. He also made a TV broadcast at the time imploring Anthony's killers to return to the UK, which can't have been easy. I've no doubt his brother was a nasty piece of work and contributed horribly to the outcome (and may or may not be just as nasty now - though apparently, he's made 'exceptional' progress inside and is due to be parolled in the New Year). In this case, however, the jury found that Paul Taylor actually committed the murder, but Barton was also found guilty of the same charge (although received a lesser sentence) under a contestable British law called 'joint enterprise', which basically means if you're on the scene of a homicide and are viewed as encouraging or contributing to it, you can be charged for the same offence.

Choose your friends carefully, I guess, as a bare minimum!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 20:53]

I feel like acknowledging that someone’s life had value after your brother’s murdered them is not a particularly noble gesture: you’d hope it’s the absolute bare minimum, really.

Same with appealing for his brother to return to the UK: not sure that refusing to help the police, when your relative is wanted for murder and has fled the country, would ever cross most people’s minds.

Also, while joint enterprise is iffy in general and has been over-used in some cases, this is one where it’s absolutely justified. The axe used to kill Walker belonged to Barton, who started the confrontation by shouting racist abuse at him, then followed him into the park along with Taylor. He was in no way a passive bystander but an active, essential part of what happened.

Less a case of “be careful who your friends are” and more “don’t hand your mate a lethal weapon, start racially abusing a stranger and then deliberately instigate a confrontation with them”. Would have thought someone of your usual hang ‘em and flog ‘em tendencies would have been a little less forgiving, stainy!
Joey Barton on 12:29 - Dec 8 with 2041 viewsGaryBannister86

Joey Barton on 12:08 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Who said anything about social media ?

So how do you know I am in the minority then? Has there been a public vote?
Joey Barton on 12:33 - Dec 8 with 2030 viewsbaz_qpr

Bottom line is outrage creates engagement and he is playing the social media game to generate an audience, no different to the daily mail or some of the far right gobshites, like many of these people he probably does not really believe half of what he says but its how they get attention, clicks and income and frankly its flucking the world up
Joey Barton on 12:51 - Dec 8 with 1990 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 11:57 - Dec 8 by ed_83

Aside from Barton consistently being a pr1ck of the highest order, he’s completely wrong on the facts.

First off, he can’t even get the terms right: he’s talking about punditry rather than commentary, unless people are suddenly up in arms about people like Jacqui Oatley and Vicki Sparks, who’ve been doing MOTD for years.

And the standard of TV punditry across the board, regardless of gender, is poor. Extremely limited insight, rarely anything you wouldn’t have gleaned from just watching the match, and constant recycling of the same old cliches. The idea that these people are chosen on actual merit, rather than because they’re an ex-pro whose name people recognise, is absurd.

Nor is the quality of female pundits noticeably worse than the men. Alex Scott and Gabby Logan are decent, others like Eni Aluko less so, but they’re still better than Robbie Savage or Martin Keown, god help us.

Total nonsense from a useless waster. Seriously, if you’re talking to Piers Morgan and he seems like the reasonable one, you know you’ve gone very wrong somewhere.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 12:21]

You're moaning about Barton not getting the terms right while calling Gabby Logan a pundit. She's a presenter and has been presenting football for over 20 years. Don't think Gabby Logan is what's being discussed here. The roles of presenter vs pundit is quite different. Alex Scott is a fine presenter, but a bad pundit. She barely passes as a pundit on Soccer Aid imo (and I know because I sat through the fcking thing)

For me, pundits need to carry gravitas. This is something Michael Owen struggles with and he's got over 100 PL goals and won the Ballon d'Or. Notice he's also being stepped down to presenter level atm.

Carney & Aluko (And Daniel Sturridge wearing those silly jackets and gloves recently) are piss poor and have essentially killed MNF for me. Sky Sports is an objectively worse product than it was before the recent diversification of what they're interested in covering, and tbh I find it difficult to believe that any sky sports subscriber disagrees with that deep down. But groupthink prevails.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Joey Barton on 13:00 - Dec 8 with 1961 viewspaulparker

Joey Barton on 12:29 - Dec 8 by GaryBannister86

So how do you know I am in the minority then? Has there been a public vote?

Everyone I have spoken to regarding anything football related to do with Clinton Morrison has said he is a crap pundit, but each to their own if you enjoy him

Joey Barton on 13:13 - Dec 8 with 1904 viewsnumptydumpty

Joey Barton on 13:00 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Everyone I have spoken to regarding anything football related to do with Clinton Morrison has said he is a crap pundit, but each to their own if you enjoy him

You have conversations with lots of people about Clinton Morrison being a crap pundit !!!

The hours must speed through in your household Paul.

Not a conversation I have ever had the pleasure to endure .....

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024