Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 09:38 - Dec 7 with 63761 viewsHayesender

I think he's been on the sauce. Having a right old rant about women commentators

https://x.com/Joey7Barton?t=F75tX2JiioFteGA70R3MCA&s=09

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Joey Barton on 13:31 - Dec 8 with 3185 viewspaulparker

Joey Barton on 13:13 - Dec 8 by numptydumpty

You have conversations with lots of people about Clinton Morrison being a crap pundit !!!

The hours must speed through in your household Paul.

Not a conversation I have ever had the pleasure to endure .....

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:14]

Not my top choice of subject Mr Dumpty I grant you but if I’m in a pub and soccer Saturday is on then people talk about it , same as the people at work who still watch it and talk about it on a Monday morning
I’ve also heard him not only on sky but on DAZN commentating on the Saudi league , perhaps mr Bannister is hearing something different to me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Joey Barton on 13:34 - Dec 8 with 3171 viewsGroveR

Joey Barton on 10:39 - Dec 7 by paulparker

what d’you call the hairs on the top lip of a c**t?

Joey Barton’s moustache

NSFW but still possibly one of the best things to come out of Sunderland

His house his dog and his car's a cùnt
Joey Barton on 15:42 - Dec 8 with 2988 viewsed_83

Joey Barton on 12:51 - Dec 8 by SheffieldHoop

You're moaning about Barton not getting the terms right while calling Gabby Logan a pundit. She's a presenter and has been presenting football for over 20 years. Don't think Gabby Logan is what's being discussed here. The roles of presenter vs pundit is quite different. Alex Scott is a fine presenter, but a bad pundit. She barely passes as a pundit on Soccer Aid imo (and I know because I sat through the fcking thing)

For me, pundits need to carry gravitas. This is something Michael Owen struggles with and he's got over 100 PL goals and won the Ballon d'Or. Notice he's also being stepped down to presenter level atm.

Carney & Aluko (And Daniel Sturridge wearing those silly jackets and gloves recently) are piss poor and have essentially killed MNF for me. Sky Sports is an objectively worse product than it was before the recent diversification of what they're interested in covering, and tbh I find it difficult to believe that any sky sports subscriber disagrees with that deep down. But groupthink prevails.

Fair point, apologies to Gabby. Difference is, of course, that Barton gets a massive media platform on which to be wrong, whereas nobody cares what I say.

Agree with you about Carney and Sturridge, but obviously not the conclusion you ultimately draw. Dumbing down the product, being afraid to treat viewers like they understand the game, and platforming people who can’t communicate compellingly is what makes bad punditry boring, not gender. All-male panels are no less guilty of these than more diverse ones.
Joey Barton on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 2935 viewsconnell10

Joey Barton on 14:53 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s mental.

It’s obviously not as niche as you’d think!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 14:55]

So it's not flat??? Well I'll be .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Joey Barton on 16:06 - Dec 8 with 2934 viewsconnell10

Joey Barton on 15:42 - Dec 8 by ed_83

Fair point, apologies to Gabby. Difference is, of course, that Barton gets a massive media platform on which to be wrong, whereas nobody cares what I say.

Agree with you about Carney and Sturridge, but obviously not the conclusion you ultimately draw. Dumbing down the product, being afraid to treat viewers like they understand the game, and platforming people who can’t communicate compellingly is what makes bad punditry boring, not gender. All-male panels are no less guilty of these than more diverse ones.

What's the point of pundits , they basically sit there spouting no shit sherlock statements about things I already know.....pointless .

Joey Barton on 16:08 - Dec 8 with 2921 viewsconnell10

Joey Barton on 16:06 - Dec 8 by connell10

What's the point of pundits , they basically sit there spouting no shit sherlock statements about things I already know.....pointless .

P.S yes Barton is a w anker of the highest order.

Joey Barton on 16:22 - Dec 8 with 2862 viewsSheffieldHoop

Joey Barton on 15:42 - Dec 8 by ed_83

Generally agree it's not sex specific, I think Emma Hayes is a good credible pundit, although I find her general Chelsea vibe being across my TV screen pretty intolerable. Michelle Owen is a great presenter for the football league but I think would be lacking something (Experience?) in the pundit role. You're certainly not going to hear me campaigning for them to get rid of Jules Breach or Laura Woods any time soon.

I don't think Jamie Mackie is a great pundit but I'm happy for him to call games on Sky (Not just because of QPR) because he's a name & face I know from following football. Same goes for Clinton Morrison, Jermaine Beckford, Michael Dawson etc. Not great pundits imo but equally I quite enjoy still seeing them involved, I know they're experienced in what they're watching. Maybe it's all just Memberberries we want deep down, but I do think that most men who consume Sky sports content feel this way

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Joey Barton on 16:41 - Dec 8 with 2832 viewsstainrods_elbow

Joey Barton on 12:20 - Dec 8 by ed_83

I feel like acknowledging that someone’s life had value after your brother’s murdered them is not a particularly noble gesture: you’d hope it’s the absolute bare minimum, really.

Same with appealing for his brother to return to the UK: not sure that refusing to help the police, when your relative is wanted for murder and has fled the country, would ever cross most people’s minds.

Also, while joint enterprise is iffy in general and has been over-used in some cases, this is one where it’s absolutely justified. The axe used to kill Walker belonged to Barton, who started the confrontation by shouting racist abuse at him, then followed him into the park along with Taylor. He was in no way a passive bystander but an active, essential part of what happened.

Less a case of “be careful who your friends are” and more “don’t hand your mate a lethal weapon, start racially abusing a stranger and then deliberately instigate a confrontation with them”. Would have thought someone of your usual hang ‘em and flog ‘em tendencies would have been a little less forgiving, stainy!

Hang 'em and flog 'em - moi?

Good, succinct post, though, and a clear improvement on mine - thanks for that.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 17:04 - Dec 8 with 2784 viewsR_from_afar

Joey Barton on 14:56 - Dec 7 by Northernr

He's whatever his very highly paid PR people tell him to be at any given moment because they think it'll work for him in his ongoing efforts to hide his innate scumbagness.

"...scumbagness..."

I think we have an early contender for 2024 new word of the year

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joey Barton on 17:08 - Dec 8 with 2776 viewsNorthernr

Joey Barton on 14:56 - Dec 7 by Northernr

He's whatever his very highly paid PR people tell him to be at any given moment because they think it'll work for him in his ongoing efforts to hide his innate scumbagness.

Joey Barton on 17:12 - Dec 8 with 2753 viewsted_hendrix

Well honestly what can one say?

I thought in footballing terms Barton was a huge disappointment for us, I would say that from memory he did have two reasonably good performances for us, one at home to Liverpool and again from a fast diminishing memory I thought he played well for us once at the fakes ground.

But In the main I found him to be a stunningly ordinary footballer.

It's a poor footballing CV really.

As for the Woman he's waffling on about I know absolutely nothing about them or who they are and nor will I for the foreseeable future on the grounds that I stopped watching the dreadful MOTD many-many years ago and similarly I told Sky to dispatch my stupidly worded *package* up they're bottom as soon as I got home from the game when we got relegated from the Premiership.

I find Barton to be a poor human being If I'm honest.

Barry Davies was a commentator

But the world has gone mad anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Joey Barton on 17:58 - Dec 8 with 2675 viewsJuzzie

Joey Barton on 17:08 - Dec 8 by Northernr

"Indecisive Joey"

Joey Barton on 18:03 - Dec 8 with 2659 viewsR_from_afar

You can always tell when Karen Carney is on TV punditry duty because she trends on X/Twitter, usually because she is getting pelters. I think she does a decent job and she at least seems to enjoy what she's doing, she's far less bland and robotic than many of her peers.

She is also playing a major role when it comes to the future of women's football because she has just led a government backed review:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/major-review-of-womens-football-published

Fascinating fact: She has 143 *more* England caps than Joey Barton.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joey Barton on 18:16 - Dec 8 with 2611 viewsdaveB

Joey Barton on 19:01 - Dec 8 with 2525 viewsDiscodroids

Never given the bloke a solitary thought since he left.

His eyes are to close together imo and that heavy set neolithic brow is a dead giveaway.

Taken this into account , i surmise that he looks like a child molester ripped to the tits on spanish Fly who lays at the bottom of a McDonalds plastic ball play pen with his cock out at school chuking out time. fu ck him.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Joey Barton on 23:05 - Dec 8 with 2323 viewsPunteR

Proof that we need more women commentators.

I Literally cant be arsed with football these days though. Theres too many absolute c@nts within the game.
Whenever i catch some football talk on the TV and i hear a woman chat about the match i just automatically think she's probably right and move on to the next channel.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Joey Barton on 23:58 - Dec 8 with 2272 viewsBoston

Joey Barton on 12:29 - Dec 8 by GaryBannister86

So how do you know I am in the minority then? Has there been a public vote?

Yes...you left Europe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Joey Barton on 23:59 - Dec 8 with 2268 viewsBoston

Joey Barton on 12:33 - Dec 8 by baz_qpr

Bottom line is outrage creates engagement and he is playing the social media game to generate an audience, no different to the daily mail or some of the far right gobshites, like many of these people he probably does not really believe half of what he says but its how they get attention, clicks and income and frankly its flucking the world up

If it bleeds ...it leads.

Joey Barton on 00:12 - Dec 9 with 2255 viewsBoston

Joey Barton on 18:03 - Dec 8 by R_from_afar

You can always tell when Karen Carney is on TV punditry duty because she trends on X/Twitter, usually because she is getting pelters. I think she does a decent job and she at least seems to enjoy what she's doing, she's far less bland and robotic than many of her peers.

She is also playing a major role when it comes to the future of women's football because she has just led a government backed review:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/major-review-of-womens-football-published

Fascinating fact: She has 143 *more* England caps than Joey Barton.

oh wow, so only 134 more than Rodney Marsh and 138 more than Stan Bowles.

Joey Barton on 00:40 - Dec 9 with 2225 viewsDannyPaddox

Ironic the more he looks like Grouch Marx the unfunnier he gets
Joey Barton on 08:21 - Dec 9 with 2037 viewsPaddyhoops

He claims to be very erudite and well read. You’re reading the wrong books then Joey.
Deeply sad individual.
Joey Barton on 09:14 - Dec 9 with 1975 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joey Barton on 09:46 - Dec 9 with 1923 viewsnumptydumpty

Joey joey joey

What can we do about a problem called Joey
Stop giving him air time for a start.

The world according to Joey is a strange kingdom where Barton is the only human who is ever right and everyone else is a pointless waste of animal species !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Joey Barton on 10:49 - Dec 9 with 1837 viewsGaryBannister86

He's such a moron. Now having a go at Bianca Westwood by saying she "flattened some grass" to get where she was (I can only guess what that means) and showing her Instagram profile where she is modelling clothes as proof she doesn't know or care about football.

Ill educated fool, don't let the truth get in the way.

Westwood got laid off by Sky, then after that she decided to become an instagram influencer (aimed at women, not men) for fashion.

Not that it should matter if she was doing that whilst being a pundit / reporter anyway, but at least get your facts right.

What a low life.
Joey Barton on 10:51 - Dec 9 with 1829 viewsGaryBannister86

He's got our Twitter handle in his bio. The club should distance themselves or demand he removes it. He is so disgusting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024