Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 18:23 - Jan 20 with 10769 viewstraininvain

He’s starting to look a real handful and gradually scoring more goals. Hopefully the club can get him on a long term contract as he’ll be worth a few quid if this carries on.

Well done Sincs.
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:27 - Jan 20 with 7025 viewsstainrods_elbow

Glorious broad smile from him at full time today, though I noted Willock looked about as happy/bothered as our outgoing Friendly Ghost on the bench. Anyway, keep it up, Sincs.
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:28]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:28 - Jan 20 with 7049 viewsJimthehip

I love the boy!

I love how he went to take his shirt off to celebrate but realised he'd be booked so kept it om!

Hopefully he stays fit and keeps improving!
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:35 - Jan 20 with 6992 viewstraininvain

It’s funny because a few weeks ago I heard Sir Les on a podcast talking about how the making of his career was Gerry Francis putting an arm around his shoulder and telling him that he’d be his number 9 for the season. It gave him the confidence to be a bit more relaxed on the pitch and start scoring goals. We all know the rest of the story.

Now I’m not saying that Armstrong will follow the same career trajectory but it feels like something has changed over the last few weeks. Perhaps Marti’s had a similar conversation with Armstrong it’s given him the confidence to push on.

Long may it continue because aside from needing the goals/performances, goal scoring centre forwards in the mould of our Sinclair tend to be worth a lot of money.
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:36 - Jan 20 with 6979 viewsnumptydumpty

He is rapidly beginning to create a potential cult hero status

Completely barking and currently a mixed up Devon White version of Sir Les !!!

Pace and power and youthful exuberance.

Learning the game and today felt he lasted the ninety well or eighty nine as it was for him.

Character in abundance. It would be a travesty if he moved on elsewhere after this season. Perhaps reason currently no contract offered for extension because his advisers are wary of ourselves being relegated.

If we were midtable believe he would have signed a new improved contract already !!
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:37]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:43 - Jan 20 with 6849 viewsJimthehip

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:36 - Jan 20 by numptydumpty

He is rapidly beginning to create a potential cult hero status

Completely barking and currently a mixed up Devon White version of Sir Les !!!

Pace and power and youthful exuberance.

Learning the game and today felt he lasted the ninety well or eighty nine as it was for him.

Character in abundance. It would be a travesty if he moved on elsewhere after this season. Perhaps reason currently no contract offered for extension because his advisers are wary of ourselves being relegated.

If we were midtable believe he would have signed a new improved contract already !!
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:37]

I love the fact that he's so eccentric!!
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:45 - Jan 20 with 6845 viewsPaddyhoops

He was a handful today apart from that skier which I thought was going to hit the big screen.
Absolute limbs in the loft end when that went in.
Fantastic.
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:47 - Jan 20 with 6817 viewsaston_hoop

He terrifies defenders in a way that nobody else in our squad can. He's a young lad and still making his early steps too. I remember in the development of the likes of Chair, Eze, Bright etc, Clive talking about the development players make through 50 appearances, 100 appearances, 150 appearances etc. To me, I'm seeing enough now that he is making this progress and we absolutely have to nurture it and see where he is in 50 appearances time and so on. He also clearly absolutely loves football and loves winning, thats no bad thing

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:58 - Jan 20 with 6738 viewsQuillPenRiot

My daughter and I call him Wrecking Ball
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:14 - Jan 20 with 6431 viewsLazyFan

There is a catch with him, though; you have to play him.
It seems obvious, but past managers did not play him!

zzzzzzzzzz

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:21 - Jan 20 with 6360 viewsFDC

He's a player that's just very easy to get behind, you just want to see him succeed. I dont think theres another player that i enjoy seeing score more.
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:43 - Jan 20 with 6260 viewsTonto

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:21 - Jan 20 by FDC

He's a player that's just very easy to get behind, you just want to see him succeed. I dont think theres another player that i enjoy seeing score more.

His contract is up.at the end of the season... doubt he will stay with us.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:45 - Jan 20 with 6251 viewsbaz_qpr

One thing you have to give Marti and Sinclair great credit for is he is rarely offside in recent games.

PersonallyI love him and I always thought any chance of staying up this season would be whether the manager could bring him on. Yes he's going to make mistakes and that is frustrating and he's not great in the air, but if Chairs did not go in that would have been two tap ins for brace and that is what you want alongside the pace and power outside the box
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:45 - Jan 20 with 6242 viewsslmrstid

Proper poacher's goal that today, really pleased for him. Still very suspect on technical ability but his pace and power terrifies people and that creates opportunities.
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:03 - Jan 20 with 6146 viewsngbqpr

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:43 - Jan 20 by Tonto

His contract is up.at the end of the season... doubt he will stay with us.

One year option on club’s side I believe

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:12 - Jan 20 with 5840 viewsdmm

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:03 - Jan 20 by ngbqpr

Yep, that's correct.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:16 - Jan 20 with 5809 viewsbosh67

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:03 - Jan 20 by ngbqpr

Yes we have the option for another year.

I was saying to a friend if we can't afford another striker even on loan then surely we could afford a striker's coach to help teach players like Armstrong, Kolli, Kelman and even Dykes how to have more composure. Or even pull Furlong from other duties and give what we have a dedicated and experienced coach?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:30 - Jan 20 with 5721 viewswombat

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:16 - Jan 20 by bosh67

Yes we have the option for another year.

I was saying to a friend if we can't afford another striker even on loan then surely we could afford a striker's coach to help teach players like Armstrong, Kolli, Kelman and even Dykes how to have more composure. Or even pull Furlong from other duties and give what we have a dedicated and experienced coach?

It’s also helping his game that we are finally playing the sort of balls he will thrive on down the Chanel for him to chase onto , took long enough toss out that sort of ball is what he will live on his career , once he get a few more goals he’s gonna be one hell of a player , hopefully for us but with his contract running out in June I fear he won’t

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:09 - Jan 20 with 5545 viewshoops_legend

It was just a few games ago we were saying he’s not good enough. Now a couple of bundled goals in later and he’s being compared to sir les

I think he’s a handful with potential but his touch remains poor and finishing suspect. I hope he comes good and he could do but Marti has to keep working on him
Sinclair Armstrong on 00:38 - Jan 21 with 5337 viewsFrankRightguard

Not as dynamic as last week but got his reward today with a goal. If he can get into those poachers areas, which he doesn’t that often at the moment, then there are some easy chances for him. He’s very raw but has potential. His development has been hampered by the clubs inability to get any first team strikers in.
Sinclair Armstrong on 01:03 - Jan 21 with 5281 viewsMatch82

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:09 - Jan 20 by hoops_legend

It was just a few games ago we were saying he’s not good enough. Now a couple of bundled goals in later and he’s being compared to sir les

I think he’s a handful with potential but his touch remains poor and finishing suspect. I hope he comes good and he could do but Marti has to keep working on him

Few games ago we were saying he's got a ton of potential but we hadn't seen enough in the way of composure or a strikers instinct and we weren't sure he was ever going to get there. We saw the latter today, it's a huge step forward in us believing that he'll be able to make it, but granted still a long way to go.
Sinclair Armstrong on 09:16 - Jan 21 with 4860 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Although I was desperate for them to give him a go over Dykes up top I was also beginning to think he was just an athlete and not a footballer. These last two games have definitely got me thinking there's a real chance a player is in there. It was great to see a striker on hand to smash that rebound in yesterday and he loved it......we all did! I've been so down on Rangers for a long while now but I'm still a sucker....I start getting the feelings of belief again and it's there a brewing, I know theres a long way to go and its just one win but....come on now Rangersss!!!!
[Post edited 21 Jan 9:17]
Sinclair Armstrong on 09:33 - Jan 21 with 4779 viewsted_hendrix

We're gonna need a lot more than 'handful for defenders' to keep us in this league.
He Is still an apprentice In my book, having said that there's a good feeling watching an apprentice Improving.
Delighted that he scored yesterday that should do him and us the world of good.
We absolutely must not put too much expectation weight on his shoulders though.
Hope there all at work this morning on the training pitch.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sinclair Armstrong on 09:50 - Jan 21 with 4700 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:09 - Jan 20 by hoops_legend

I agree there’s a bit of over reaction, but to be clear it’s one bundled goal, one Ferdinand-esq goal vs a premier league defence and a tonne of self-made-chances (which he flapped at) against Watford - at 20 years old and considering the above, we’re looking at huge potential.

Disclaimer: noted that Leroy Griffith also scored a ferdinand-esq goal against a premier league defence.
[Post edited 21 Jan 9:57]
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:16 - Jan 21 with 4590 viewsbenhurst

Big positive with the goal yesterday is that he had a very similar chance away at Huddersfield a couple of months ago (actually an easier chance as he started in front of the defender), this time he had to react first and then beat his man to the ball.

Still a long way to go but the improvement compared to a few months ago is already huge.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:30 - Jan 21 with 4536 viewsDieByYourSide

Sinclair has a really rare skill set. By God he makes defenders do some defending, there are no lost causes when he's sniffing around. Can any Championship centre half claim to have pocketed him so far? I'm not sure such a thing is even possible.

He can be such a genuinely funny player to watch, sometimes you can practically see him learning the game in real time but he's already started to cut out the yellow cards and offsides.

Highly doubt that punting early balls into the channels is how Marti wants us to play but glad he's being pragmatic enough to try getting the best out of Sinclair with our dearth of forward options.

From a very low (non-existent) base the goals are starting to come & can only bring more confidence. He's such a great character and seems to be loving it at QPR so hopefully we can get that contract tied down in Summer, whatever division we end up in.
[Post edited 21 Jan 10:31]

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024