Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Live to Fight Again 15:31 - Jan 28 with 10648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All to fight for.

Have to stay positive. Have to believe.

Poor today, but ultimately an offside goal cost us the win.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We Live to Fight Again on 17:57 - Jan 28 with 1864 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We Live to Fight Again on 17:56 - Jan 28 by loftus77

Yep, sorry to pile in (Brian). I really salute your optimism but it's over - and has been for a long time.

Man-for-man (and with this coach), we could be just about good enough to scrape the most unlikeliest of survivals if we were miraculously lucky on the injury front.

But, even with all that in place, your team collectively has to really and genuinely care - for the club, its fans and its future. It has, as a body of men, be up for it, united and want it. Our lot patently, evidently and demonstrably do not - for whatever reason(s).

Forget about today's crucial game, take a look again at those Watford 'highlights' and Livermore's goals. Ignore him, and concentrate what our defenders/players are actually doing positioning-wise in the two build-ups. There is no intent to pressure the ball at all IMHO and this is one example of many. The playing out from the back in the Cardiff home game - utterly woeful.

Would love to be wrong - but League One in August is certain.
[Post edited 28 Jan 17:58]

So, what you're saying is...?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We Live to Fight Again on 18:01 - Jan 28 with 1831 viewsflynnbo

We Live to Fight Again on 16:50 - Jan 28 by BlackCrowe

Yeah i thought the pitch looked very uneven and bobbley.

They're playing the youth teams' matches on it too but it should be able to withstand that given it's a brand new installation. Maybe seek Rob Brydon's advice on regrowth.
We Live to Fight Again on 18:06 - Jan 28 with 1792 viewsdaveB

I took a lot of positives from that, didn't play well but never gave up and did well to get something from the game.

Their goal was offside anyway

Deserved far more against Watford and got nothing so I'm not going to join the self loathing about how terrible we are today when we walk away with a point
We Live to Fight Again on 18:10 - Jan 28 with 1762 viewsrobith

I've spent the week suffering from viral induced vertigo, so my celebrations when we equalised were....ill advised.

But I'd be on team dispirited. That was a shocking performance bereft of quality. I think Marti is a fantastic coach but he can't make the players run harder or execute harder. It showed good spirit but I think the core of this team is basically rotten and there's no saving it. A few years building the club back from the ground up in league one beckon
We Live to Fight Again on 18:13 - Jan 28 with 1740 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We Live to Fight Again on 16:29 - Jan 28 by Antti_Heinola

Admire your positivity Brian, but that was the most dispiriting performance of the season for me, at least since Marti came. There’s being rubbish, and then there’s just not turning up. Today we didn’t turn up. So slow. Awful passing. No pattern of play. Aimless hoofing. No one showing for the ball. Numerous anonymous performances, Willock the worst. And now we play the next two games with no midfield and a non league player at RB probably for a few weeks. Absolutely nothing positive about that today. Yeah fine, Smyth will replace Willock next week. Maybe Frey might get a goal or two. But we had our chance this month. 4 points from 4 winnable games. We’re going down.
Don’t really agree with people saying Hudd wanted it more - unless what they wanted was a dull draw - marginally, they wanted that more. Otherwise, i thought other than Rudoni and Thomas, they were as dreadful and as deserving of going down as we are.

I thought the hoofing (to Armstrong) was our most productive outlet today.
We Live to Fight Again on 18:38 - Jan 28 with 1621 viewshubble

We Live to Fight Again on 18:06 - Jan 28 by daveB

I took a lot of positives from that, didn't play well but never gave up and did well to get something from the game.

Deserved far more against Watford and got nothing so I'm not going to join the self loathing about how terrible we are today when we walk away with a point

Same here Dave, good to read your post, I thought I was the only one who actually felt positive after today's game. The doom and gloom on here and other boards... jeez! You'd think the world had ended.
I actually feel elated to have snatched that late equaliser (never say die attitude on display) against the 12 men of Huddersfield. Yes, what an utter cant that ref was.

This was never going to be a pretty game, it was more a war of attrition and it coincided with weak performances from our two central midfielders, Colback and particularly Field, but nevertheless, we battled through and came out with a point. Willock was poor too, but Armstrong was a bright spark and I thought, Smyth too - and again, I seem in the minority - I thought Drewe did really well.

We know the reality that we can't compete with pretty much anyone else in the division it seems when it comes to transfers, so Marti has to make do with what he's got. Yet despite the suicide notes I've seen from Rs fans on social media, we're still in with a fighting chance. And to those of you saying 'no fight, pathetic' etc. etc. I say, how did we get that equaliser then? Anyway, I can't be arsed with all the doom and gloom, I feel quite good!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

We Live to Fight Again on 18:47 - Jan 28 with 1601 viewsPunteR

In a wierd way I thought they tried too hard where they just lost composure, over thinking things (dangerous with this lot) and just missed timed tackles and interceptions, passing went astray and basically 2nd best to everything.
Armstrong is a handful but i think Polter is better on the ball than him. His touch is well under par. He ran himself into the ground and was done by the 2nd half.
I dunno , if we can't beat Huddersfield at home then you have to think we are in trouble.
Someone said the table doesn't lie, on the match thread and looking at it tonight kinda sums us up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

We Live to Fight Again on 18:53 - Jan 28 with 1585 viewsconnell10

We were totally and utterly crap.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

We Live to Fight Again on 18:57 - Jan 28 with 1573 viewsconnell10

We Live to Fight Again on 16:10 - Jan 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Dixon-Bonner was absolutely woeful when he came on, so bad I’d have kept Willock on.

I didn't even know Pillock was playing until he was substituted...
Awful display

We Live to Fight Again on 18:58 - Jan 28 with 1561 viewsGaryBannister86

We Live to Fight Again on 18:06 - Jan 28 by daveB

Yeah I don't know how people can accuse the team of giving up when they've given up themselves on us staying up when we are 3 points adrift with 17 games to go?!

I saw it as a total bonus to get anything out of the game having played so poorly.

Day not helped by an utter coked-up moron in the safe standing doing his best to ruin everyone's day. Pushing and shoving in the home end with a bunch of 50+ year olds for having the temerity to ask him to leave them alone. Grow up mate and spend your day snorting it up your hooter in the comfort of your own living room.
We Live to Fight Again on 19:01 - Jan 28 with 1546 viewsdaveB

We Live to Fight Again on 18:38 - Jan 28 by hubble

Same here Dave, good to read your post, I thought I was the only one who actually felt positive after today's game. The doom and gloom on here and other boards... jeez! You'd think the world had ended.
I actually feel elated to have snatched that late equaliser (never say die attitude on display) against the 12 men of Huddersfield. Yes, what an utter cant that ref was.

This was never going to be a pretty game, it was more a war of attrition and it coincided with weak performances from our two central midfielders, Colback and particularly Field, but nevertheless, we battled through and came out with a point. Willock was poor too, but Armstrong was a bright spark and I thought, Smyth too - and again, I seem in the minority - I thought Drewe did really well.

We know the reality that we can't compete with pretty much anyone else in the division it seems when it comes to transfers, so Marti has to make do with what he's got. Yet despite the suicide notes I've seen from Rs fans on social media, we're still in with a fighting chance. And to those of you saying 'no fight, pathetic' etc. etc. I say, how did we get that equaliser then? Anyway, I can't be arsed with all the doom and gloom, I feel quite good!

fact is we're not very good so we will have good displays and bad ones in the coming months, key is to get as many points as we can, didn't play well today but come away with something is a big positive

need to play a lot better next week but that's another winnable game as is Norwich the week after

I didn't expect anyone to be thrilled by today but the doom and gloom is a bit over the top imo
We Live to Fight Again on 19:03 - Jan 28 with 1532 viewsconnell10

We Live to Fight Again on 18:58 - Jan 28 by GaryBannister86

Yeah I don't know how people can accuse the team of giving up when they've given up themselves on us staying up when we are 3 points adrift with 17 games to go?!

I saw it as a total bonus to get anything out of the game having played so poorly.

Day not helped by an utter coked-up moron in the safe standing doing his best to ruin everyone's day. Pushing and shoving in the home end with a bunch of 50+ year olds for having the temerity to ask him to leave them alone. Grow up mate and spend your day snorting it up your hooter in the comfort of your own living room.

God our bar is so low, if ya happy with that performance fill ya boots , but I'm calling it for what it is a dog of a performance. Sorry but we were shite

We Live to Fight Again on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 1517 viewsGaryBannister86

We Live to Fight Again on 19:03 - Jan 28 by connell10

God our bar is so low, if ya happy with that performance fill ya boots , but I'm calling it for what it is a dog of a performance. Sorry but we were shite

Erm not sure you read my post. Our performance was dreadful, the over the top dramatics and pessimism when we rescued a vital point from a really tough situation is what I question.
We Live to Fight Again on 19:06 - Jan 28 with 1500 viewsHoopinEssex

Thank God for that goal. It gives us an outside chance

But the biggest worry is the enthusiasm,intensity and heart is lacking. We were dominated for long periods by a poor Huddersfield team who just wanted it more.

Just finished watching the Newport v Man u game. Newport really played as if their lives depended on it. If only we had the same attitude.

Like the Brian says. We live to again. But it's not looking good
We Live to Fight Again on 19:09 - Jan 28 with 1483 viewsdaveB

We Live to Fight Again on 19:06 - Jan 28 by HoopinEssex

Thank God for that goal. It gives us an outside chance

But the biggest worry is the enthusiasm,intensity and heart is lacking. We were dominated for long periods by a poor Huddersfield team who just wanted it more.

Just finished watching the Newport v Man u game. Newport really played as if their lives depended on it. If only we had the same attitude.

Like the Brian says. We live to again. But it's not looking good

I don't buy they wanted it more, , I'm not seeing that from this team. We just didn't play well, it happens but when it does happen important to not get beat
We Live to Fight Again on 19:14 - Jan 28 with 1462 viewsFDC

We are objectively still breathing with basic signs of life, and with games to play,

Blimey tho Cifuentes and the players in interviews acknowledged how much everyone was focusing on today as a potential make or break game, and for that to be the performance they turned up with
We Live to Fight Again on 19:23 - Jan 28 with 1428 viewsdmm

Who was it that said we manage to play a bit worse than every team we meet this season? We did that today. Huddersfield were awful and we were just a bit worse.

That has to change if we are to beat the drop.
We Live to Fight Again on 19:30 - Jan 28 with 1405 viewsWatford_Ranger

Looking at the games each team has (plus Sheff W) we really need to have a strong Feb to realistically do it. This isn’t a team that’ll go on a John Gregory-esque 7 wins from the last 10 or whatever. Blackburn are crap. Rotherham and Stoke are crap. Norwich and Bristol City are fed better than us but ultimately still crap. We need 8+ points from these five (we won’t) or that’s a grim looking March.
We Live to Fight Again on 19:39 - Jan 28 with 1331 viewsnumptydumpty

Am with you Brian.

We did not turn up today but thank God we equalised.

Think this board we'd all have been well advised to steer clear big time if the unthinkable had come to pass.

There are 17 games to go.

All to play for.

A new striker in our midst.

Whether he is a reincarnation of Les Ferdinand or Jay Emmanuel Thomas, we know not as yet but fingers crossed extremely firmly !!!

[Post edited 28 Jan 19:40]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

We Live to Fight Again on 19:41 - Jan 28 with 1297 viewsstainrods_elbow

We Live to Fight Again on 17:57 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

So, what you're saying is...?

Interestingly, Cifuentes has said exactly the opposite in his post-match interview: that all our effort /will to win in the last 5 minutes + added time indicates a team completely committed to the cause. So either the doom-sayers here are right (as if anything in football is 'certain' - get a grip!) and he's wrong (delusional), or he's right and you're wallowing in misery. Or, I guess, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I may have missed a post, but could someone confirm Field and Colback (plus possibly Cannon and Willock), as I believe, are both now out for Blackburn. It's looking grim, I guess. And, whatever the usual suspects say, and I'll keep saying it whatever abuse I get from said suspects for having the temerity to have a non-group think opinion, Marti and his coaches DO have to take at least some of the blame for that shitshow of a performance. But, yes, of course, there's hope, and we're far from out of it yet.
[Post edited 28 Jan 19:49]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

We Live to Fight Again on 19:46 - Jan 28 with 1272 viewsdmm

We Live to Fight Again on 19:41 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

Interestingly, Cifuentes has said exactly the opposite in his post-match interview: that all our effort /will to win in the last 5 minutes + added time indicates a team completely committed to the cause. So either the doom-sayers here are right (as if anything in football is 'certain' - get a grip!) and he's wrong (delusional), or he's right and you're wallowing in misery. Or, I guess, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I may have missed a post, but could someone confirm Field and Colback (plus possibly Cannon and Willock), as I believe, are both now out for Blackburn. It's looking grim, I guess. And, whatever the usual suspects say, and I'll keep saying it whatever abuse I get from said suspects for having the temerity to have a non-group think opinion, Marti and his coaches DO have to take at least some of the blame for that shitshow of a performance. But, yes, of course, there's hope, and we're far from out of it yet.
[Post edited 28 Jan 19:49]

Field is on 10 yellows and misses 2 games. Colback is on 9 yellows.
We Live to Fight Again on 19:49 - Jan 28 with 1250 viewsRangersDave

We Live to Fight Again on 16:10 - Jan 28 by joolsyp

You could tell they wanted it more - first to everything and I noticed that when one of our players had the ball he was immediately swarmed by 3 Huddersfield players. They played with intensity and aggression, we just looked half-arsed until the last 10 mins.

We talk about getting strikers in and maybe Frey Bentos will help ... but for me the main problem all season has been the lack of a central midfielder/8 who can win the ball deep and carry it forward at pace. Even Dozzell did that occasionally (and I mean very occasionally). Without anyone to link our static defensive midfield/defence to the forward line, or quick enough to put a foot in when the opposition midfield tries to run through us (as Rudoni and Thomas did time and time again today) we are always on the back foot against physical and athletic sides who put us under pressure. I'm not surprised we have such a poor record against Huddersfield.

i'd just post that last sentence again mate!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

We Live to Fight Again on 19:51 - Jan 28 with 1227 viewsstainrods_elbow

We Live to Fight Again on 16:10 - Jan 28 by joolsyp

You could tell they wanted it more - first to everything and I noticed that when one of our players had the ball he was immediately swarmed by 3 Huddersfield players. They played with intensity and aggression, we just looked half-arsed until the last 10 mins.

We talk about getting strikers in and maybe Frey Bentos will help ... but for me the main problem all season has been the lack of a central midfielder/8 who can win the ball deep and carry it forward at pace. Even Dozzell did that occasionally (and I mean very occasionally). Without anyone to link our static defensive midfield/defence to the forward line, or quick enough to put a foot in when the opposition midfield tries to run through us (as Rudoni and Thomas did time and time again today) we are always on the back foot against physical and athletic sides who put us under pressure. I'm not surprised we have such a poor record against Huddersfield.

Good shout. We've been missing a midfield playmaker almost as much a goalscorer for as long as I can bear to remember. Amongst other things.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

We Live to Fight Again on 19:54 - Jan 28 with 1217 viewsdutch

I'm not happy with that performance, with that ref, with that result. But nor am I for throwing in the towel. We live to fight again, we're still only three points off safety and have signed a forward which everybody was (rightly) clamouring for. If we go down, we go down, I'll still be there, but until we do, we fight on, we dust ourselves down and go again, we back this managers (we aint getting any better) and we get behind the team. Just checking how to get to Stoke, because maybe they need me there.
We Live to Fight Again on 20:04 - Jan 28 with 1169 viewspaulparker

We Live to Fight Again on 18:10 - Jan 28 by robith

I've spent the week suffering from viral induced vertigo, so my celebrations when we equalised were....ill advised.

But I'd be on team dispirited. That was a shocking performance bereft of quality. I think Marti is a fantastic coach but he can't make the players run harder or execute harder. It showed good spirit but I think the core of this team is basically rotten and there's no saving it. A few years building the club back from the ground up in league one beckon

Totally agree with your post there
Although if that’s a 3pm Saturday ko then we win that game all day long
A lunch time Sunday ko with zero atmosphere and a referee who wanted to be centre of attention
Then I couldn’t see more than a 1-0 defeat
Sorry about the vertigo it’s a b1t h
We just about scrap a long to live another day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024