Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair jailed for a year 13:00 - Feb 23 with 51823 viewsDevonWhite

According to The Sun.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:08 - Feb 23 with 3406 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Chair jailed for a year on 13:33 - Feb 23 by Antti_Heinola

Again, none of us were there, none of us know the context. It's possible it was self defence, or he was worried for the safety of someone else. Not excusing him, but none of us know what happened there, but clearly it was some horrific violence perpetrated by someone who has always come across as one of the good guys.

Fully fully agree. Yes, we don’t support bad behaviour but quite a few “throwing stones” at him without knowing the full story.

DonnieR

Chair jailed for a year on 14:11 - Feb 23 with 3338 viewsconnell10

Chair jailed for a year on 14:08 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

My point. Surely if convicted then straight to prison. Not allowed back to the UK. Also 1 year plus 1 suspended seems pretty lenient for smashing somebodies skull.

Mirror using the word Alleged attack.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chair jailed for a year on 14:11 - Feb 23 with 3310 viewsStainrod

Well, not really. If it were self-defence he would not have been found guilty or the judge would have referred to mitigating circumstances.

Daily Mail also reporting it btw, and no mention of appeals or returning to UK unfortunately:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13117945/QPR-footballer-Ilias
Chair jailed for a year on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 3148 viewsHammersmithR

Who’s going to take our corners?
Chair jailed for a year on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 3144 viewsNorthernr

Chair jailed for a year on 14:11 - Feb 23 by Stainrod

Well, not really. If it were self-defence he would not have been found guilty or the judge would have referred to mitigating circumstances.

Daily Mail also reporting it btw, and no mention of appeals or returning to UK unfortunately:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13117945/QPR-footballer-Ilias

The way these online tabloids work in the UK now is they're all just whipping it out of the same Belgian reports I've posted earlier in the thread, translating it via Google and just whacking it up. Pretty much word for word in the Sun, Mail, Mirror and Star now. They just surf around Reddit and Twitter looking for stuff that's trending, do their own version, whack it up, and move on. If it turns out to be untrue they'll maybe take it down if they get round to it. 'Journo' will be on a number of stories per hour situation. There won't be anybody phoning around to check or, here I am being old fashioned again, going to the fcking court case to report on it properly.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 3124 viewsQPRConor2000

Chair jailed for a year on 14:11 - Feb 23 by Stainrod

The S*n has said hes appealing the sentence and until the outcome of the appeal is heard, hes expected to remain available for selection.

I would think that the appeal will take a few months, so it might not be April/May until the legal proceedings are concluded.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:19 - Feb 23 with 3046 viewsBluce_Ree

[throwback] Will he be available for the play-offs? [/throwback]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Chair jailed for a year on 14:20 - Feb 23 with 3007 viewsMalintabuk

Chair jailed for a year on 14:17 - Feb 23 by HammersmithR

Who’s going to take our corners?

There's always a silver linning
Login to get fewer ads

Chair jailed for a year on 14:23 - Feb 23 with 2945 viewsJamesB1979

Ilias Chair making an appearance at half time…..substitute Dykes for “Terry” and this works quite well for us!

Chair jailed for a year on 14:23 - Feb 23 with 2929 viewsNorthernr

I've said this before but can you imagine being Paul Morrissey? That guy must go into convulsions every time his phone goes off.

Hi... Yeh... year in prison ... Ilias Chair... green bikini... right... statement... ok... yeh... see ya.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chair jailed for a year on 14:23 - Feb 23 with 2911 viewsconnell10

Chair jailed for a year on 14:17 - Feb 23 by QPRConor2000

The S*n has said hes appealing the sentence and until the outcome of the appeal is heard, hes expected to remain available for selection.

I would think that the appeal will take a few months, so it might not be April/May until the legal proceedings are concluded.

So he has gone being found guilty and heading to prison to he is appealing it and is still available for selection? This is beginning to look like someone has jumped the gun.

Chair jailed for a year on 14:25 - Feb 23 with 2870 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah heard it on TalkSPORT too. Couldn’t believe my earholes.

Been meetings within the club this week with all in attendance . The clubs finances were obviously high up the agenda I’d imagine but this news affects our ffp going forward unless this is thrown out very soon. Chair is the one to make up some of the shortfall this summer and this fcks that straight up the wrong’un.
Disaster really . He could cost us massively here in more ways than one .
[Post edited 23 Feb 14:26]
Chair jailed for a year on 14:25 - Feb 23 with 2869 viewsStainrod

Chair jailed for a year on 14:17 - Feb 23 by Northernr

The way these online tabloids work in the UK now is they're all just whipping it out of the same Belgian reports I've posted earlier in the thread, translating it via Google and just whacking it up. Pretty much word for word in the Sun, Mail, Mirror and Star now. They just surf around Reddit and Twitter looking for stuff that's trending, do their own version, whack it up, and move on. If it turns out to be untrue they'll maybe take it down if they get round to it. 'Journo' will be on a number of stories per hour situation. There won't be anybody phoning around to check or, here I am being old fashioned again, going to the fcking court case to report on it properly.

If so something could have been lost in translation I guess.

So we don't really know if Chair is in jail or not.

I don't understand how the club can think the (semi-literate) statement it put out is in any way sufficient. If it is in touch with Chair's lawyers surely they could establish a) if he has definitely been convicted (sounded so from the reports), and b) whether Ilias is now inside.

I get fans are not entitled to know everything but they probably do have a right to know if their star player is in jail or will be available to play the remaining fixtures of the season which are crucial to the club's future.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:28 - Feb 23 with 2783 viewsLandshark

Please no banners or extra appreciation for Ilias tomorrow in support of him if he plays. Our club is already a shit show without becoming one of those clubs (Liverpool in support of Suarez).

If he's done the crime he needs to do the time. Don't be blinded because he plays the club you support.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:31 - Feb 23 with 2703 viewsrbee

Chair jailed for a year on 13:35 - Feb 23 by gazza1

Surely, if he was imprisoned the club would say that.....suggest to me that he is still out of jail.

The Sun says he has been jailed so the legal process must be an appeal.

Without belittling the seriousness of the crime these things usually get settled out of court so I am a little surprised that Chair has ended up in jail. I can only assume that he presumed that he would get away with it.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:31 - Feb 23 with 2700 viewsTK1

Chair jailed for a year on 13:50 - Feb 23 by connell10

Hang on mate , you feel for him? If he is guilty he deserves all he gets, whether he plays for Rangers or not !!

I feel for him on a human level, not knowing anything about the specifics of the case, as a man in a very tough prison system with a young child - yeah. I feel sorry for most people sent to prison for petty crimes. Prison doesn't work by and large, that's why they're so full of repeat offenders. But realise that may be a minority view here.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:32 - Feb 23 with 2660 viewsToast_R

Do you think Chair will tear the prosecution apart?
Chair jailed for a year on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 2637 viewsMonkey_Roots

Chair jailed for a year on 14:31 - Feb 23 by rbee

The Sun says he has been jailed so the legal process must be an appeal.

Without belittling the seriousness of the crime these things usually get settled out of court so I am a little surprised that Chair has ended up in jail. I can only assume that he presumed that he would get away with it.

Is this some sort of nightmare?
Chair jailed for a year on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 2605 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Goodness me, when it rains it pours.

Under the circumstances the club's statement is a little vague. However, what it does reveal is that they've known about this for a while. This is hardly surprising as the incident occurred way back in the summer of 2020. Indeed, rumours have circulated on this message board before. Consequently, the club wouldn't have been able to sell Ilias in January. Blaming them is as pointless and futile as blaming Macron for allowing the Chair family to enter France during the pandemic.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 2590 viewssparkey

The sun have completely changed their tune. Now saying it has been appealed and Chair is available for selection.

Unlike them to make things up...
Chair jailed for a year on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 2576 viewsconnell10

What's the odds he will start the game tomorrow?

Chair jailed for a year on 14:36 - Feb 23 with 2547 viewsGloryHunter

According to the Sun report, the incident happened in France. So why is he being tried in Belgium? Anybody know?
Chair jailed for a year on 14:37 - Feb 23 with 2533 viewssparkey

Chair jailed for a year on 14:36 - Feb 23 by GloryHunter

According to the Sun report, the incident happened in France. So why is he being tried in Belgium? Anybody know?

Born and raised in Belgium, would be my guess
Chair jailed for a year on 14:40 - Feb 23 with 2421 viewslassel

Chair jailed for a year on 14:36 - Feb 23 by GloryHunter

It was reported a few weeks back that the French police just gave out a crime number and shelved it so the Belgian authorities took up the investigation.
Chair jailed for a year on 14:41 - Feb 23 with 2409 viewsStainrod

Chair jailed for a year on 14:31 - Feb 23 by TK1

I feel for him on a human level, not knowing anything about the specifics of the case, as a man in a very tough prison system with a young child - yeah. I feel sorry for most people sent to prison for petty crimes. Prison doesn't work by and large, that's why they're so full of repeat offenders. But realise that may be a minority view here.

Largely agree with you that prison doesn't work - unless you spend serious money on re-education/ drug treatment etc while prisoners are quite literally a captive audience inside.

Equally not sure the alternative - ie letting repeat offenders keep offending out of jail - works either.

The word I would question in your post (if it was in any way related to Chair) is "petty" - assuming the court verdict was correct, he smashed someone's skull and it could (apparently) have killed him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024