Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair jailed for a year 13:00 - Feb 23 with 51759 viewsDevonWhite

According to The Sun.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:08 - Feb 23 with 3294 viewsNorthernr

Chair jailed for a year on 15:08 - Feb 23 by E15Hoop

Well no-one's been done yet for sexual assault, as far as I remember, though Loic Remy did come close a few years back, of course..

Terrell Forbes made court but was acquitted.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:10 - Feb 23 with 3270 viewssaxbend

Terrell Forbes
Chair jailed for a year on 15:10 - Feb 23 with 3251 viewsLongsufferingR

My favourite reaction so far has been "Chair doesn't have a leg to stand on".
Chair jailed for a year on 15:11 - Feb 23 with 3233 viewsconnell10

Chair jailed for a year on 15:10 - Feb 23 by LongsufferingR

My favourite reaction so far has been "Chair doesn't have a leg to stand on".

That's gold

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chair jailed for a year on 15:14 - Feb 23 with 3151 viewsrbee

From a Belgian Paper

In the wake of this incident, the broader discussion about athlete behavior and accountability has been reignited. While the court's decision marks the end of legal proceedings, the conversation about the responsibilities of public figures and the impact of their actions on their lives and the lives of others is far from over.

So if Chair does jail time, his appeal is rejected, when released from prison what should the club do? Surely his QPR career would be over.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:16 - Feb 23 with 3080 viewsbosh67

At least it is a suspended sentence. I don't think all the 'facts' in this case really add up. He's mean't to have allegedly hit the guy in the nose with a rock but it is much more likely given his height that he jumped up and hit the guy in the nuts?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chair jailed for a year on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 3026 viewsytt28

If this applied to a player from any other club what would you feel was the right thing to do re his contract? The same should apply to any player who is contracted to QPR
Chair jailed for a year on 15:19 - Feb 23 with 2976 viewsE15Hoop

Chair jailed for a year on 15:10 - Feb 23 by saxbend

Terrell Forbes

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that...
Then between that, a hold-up of a Director in the boardroom at gunpoint, various gambling and drinking incidents, and now this, I certainly can't think of anything we haven't ticked off yet, like Clive says...
We really do like to swing uncontrollably between triumph and disaster don't we, often in the same afternoon..!
What was the phrase that Clive used somewhere? "That wasn't a crisis! That was Tuesday.."
Login to get fewer ads

Chair jailed for a year on 15:20 - Feb 23 with 2970 viewslassel

Chair jailed for a year on 14:58 - Feb 23 by Northernr

The reports a month or so back sounded very much like if he gives the truck drive 16,000 euro the whole thing goes away. So I'd do that if I were him.

My memory might be a bit dodgy these days but I thought the reports were that the driver had approached Chair offering a settlement before the Belgian authorities got much momentum.

Can’t imagine it’s possible now to pay him off, the case has been heard and sentence has been passed, he can’t exactly withdraw his testimony/support at this point.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:22 - Feb 23 with 2902 viewslassel

Chair jailed for a year on 15:16 - Feb 23 by bosh67

At least it is a suspended sentence. I don't think all the 'facts' in this case really add up. He's mean't to have allegedly hit the guy in the nose with a rock but it is much more likely given his height that he jumped up and hit the guy in the nuts?

Only the second year is suspended Bosh, he has to do the first year in jail. (Obv not a full year likely to be served)
Chair jailed for a year on 15:24 - Feb 23 with 2855 viewsNorthernr

Chair jailed for a year on 15:18 - Feb 23 by ytt28

If this applied to a player from any other club what would you feel was the right thing to do re his contract? The same should apply to any player who is contracted to QPR

Well this is the danger isn't it, of football tribalism, but also rushing to form judgements based on Google translated Belgian media reports.

Chair might well have behaved like a right privileged little dickhead, shoved in front of some poor family in the queue for a bus giving it the big "don't you know you I am" and then when pulled up politely on it gone absolutely bezerk and whacked a bloke over the head with a brick, preventing some poor lorry driver with five kids to feed from working, leaving him in hospital.

Or some horrible, sleazy truck driver has got a bit handsy with Chair's no doubt very attractive and bikini-clap young wife in the queue for a bus, got a justified slap for it and is now years later when he's realised the guy is worth a bit of money trying to coin it in.

Or something else entirely.

We don't know which it is. So difficult to start saying he's done nothing wrong, or on the other hand he should never play for the club again.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:26 - Feb 23 with 2810 viewsnumptydumpty

Chair jailed for a year on 15:14 - Feb 23 by rbee

From a Belgian Paper

In the wake of this incident, the broader discussion about athlete behavior and accountability has been reignited. While the court's decision marks the end of legal proceedings, the conversation about the responsibilities of public figures and the impact of their actions on their lives and the lives of others is far from over.

So if Chair does jail time, his appeal is rejected, when released from prison what should the club do? Surely his QPR career would be over.

There was such outrage at Mason Greenwood sexually assaulting his girlfriend.

He was suspended immediately the allegations came out.

His girlfriend - who is still his girlfriend - dropped the charges - but he still faced trail - I believe there were no decisions made as to guilty verdicts.

Yet his career was on hold and the abuse he received for being a wrong un has meant his career in this country was done.

The incident with Ilias. This happened years ago apparently, the victim was in intensive care with fractured skull - potentially could have been life threatening - and yet Chair was not suspended - has supposedly been found guilty - and many of us in mean time - greatly supported him due to his form etc.

Something slightly misguided about all of this.

And the weirdness and randomness of life by ways of comparison.

Nearly killed someone - if that's true - should be locked up for a long time - and banned from a career in football.

All of this has been extremely strange as with like many others - have only heard about this in last couple of months.

WEIRD STRANGE DISTURBING DISAPPOINTING HARD TO BELIEVE

F**KED UP WORLD NO DOUBT !!
[Post edited 23 Feb 15:28]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Chair jailed for a year on 15:26 - Feb 23 with 2791 viewsNed_Kennedys

Chair jailed for a year on 13:54 - Feb 23 by joe90

Exactly. The only people who know what really happened are Ilias, the truck driver and the lady in the green bikini.
[Post edited 23 Feb 13:56]

Thought I’d read the altercation happened in a queue of some sort?
In which case there’d be loads of witnesses you’d think.

If he’s been found guilty then I don’t think QPR should play him personally, regardless of whether he’s appealed. If he’d been found guilty in a UK court I’m sure this would be the case.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:30 - Feb 23 with 2703 viewsNorthernr

A journalist has picked up the phone.

"However, the 26-year-old has the right to an appeal and is not currently incarcerated. In theory, that means he is available for Saturday’s Championship game against Rotherham should the club choose to select him."
Chair jailed for a year on 15:30 - Feb 23 with 2688 viewsQPunkR

Chair jailed for a year on 13:33 - Feb 23 by Antti_Heinola

Again, none of us were there, none of us know the context. It's possible it was self defence, or he was worried for the safety of someone else. Not excusing him, but none of us know what happened there, but clearly it was some horrific violence perpetrated by someone who has always come across as one of the good guys.

Then again, Dani Alves always pretty much universally came across as one of the good guys as well, and look at him now...

QPR - "shit but local"

Chair jailed for a year on 15:33 - Feb 23 with 2604 viewsLazyFan

If Chair wins on appeal, he may be sellable; if not, QPR can forget it. He's worth nothing and will be playing with Adel wherever he's at.

Not to worry we have at least Willock to sell ... oh wait ... doh!

If Chair can play, I would assume he would get mucho grief from the oppo fans and call the club into question playing a convicted criminal.

Without Chair I doubt we can survive relegation, that's the dilemma for QPR.
Rotherham team selection will be interesting!

zzzzzzzzzz

Chair jailed for a year on 15:34 - Feb 23 with 2601 viewsmart_Goblin

Chair jailed for a year on 15:24 - Feb 23 by Northernr

Well this is the danger isn't it, of football tribalism, but also rushing to form judgements based on Google translated Belgian media reports.

Chair might well have behaved like a right privileged little dickhead, shoved in front of some poor family in the queue for a bus giving it the big "don't you know you I am" and then when pulled up politely on it gone absolutely bezerk and whacked a bloke over the head with a brick, preventing some poor lorry driver with five kids to feed from working, leaving him in hospital.

Or some horrible, sleazy truck driver has got a bit handsy with Chair's no doubt very attractive and bikini-clap young wife in the queue for a bus, got a justified slap for it and is now years later when he's realised the guy is worth a bit of money trying to coin it in.

Or something else entirely.

We don't know which it is. So difficult to start saying he's done nothing wrong, or on the other hand he should never play for the club again.

Once again nail on head .

Reading stuff about not supporting him tomorrow if he plays is just garbage . That moral high ground is so high your brains gone funny.

We don’t know all the details yet. In fact we know almost nothing . Let’s wait and see
Chair jailed for a year on 15:34 - Feb 23 with 2583 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair jailed for a year on 13:15 - Feb 23 by Stainrod

If we did turn down a serious offer for him in Jan that now looks to be right up there in the pantheon of great QPR decisions, and that's saying something...

With the case hanging over him, and I assume he gave the club full disclosure of the incident, I doubt very much he was ever for sale in January. Who would buy a player headed to prison for a year? If the club tried to hide the fact then it would be a hell of a lot worse.

The grass is always greener.

Chair jailed for a year on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 2552 viewstraininvain

Not much to say that hasn’t already been said but worth reading the comments on r/Championship if there’s any doubt how highly rated Chair is by fans of other championship clubs: https://www.reddit.com/r/Championship/comments/1ay0cen/qprs_ilias_chair_jailed_f
Chair jailed for a year on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 2488 viewsNov77

Could have been worse, could have got the electric chair.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Chair jailed for a year on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 2452 viewsQPR_John

Chair jailed for a year on 14:48 - Feb 23 by Benny_the_Ball

Reports state that the driver suffered a fractured skull after being hit on the head with a rock. If true, that's not a petty crime.
[Post edited 23 Feb 16:07]

Of course not but don’t you think if true the sentence is petty. That’s what I cannot understand
Chair jailed for a year on 15:41 - Feb 23 with 2429 viewsNorthernr

Chair jailed for a year on 15:40 - Feb 23 by QPR_John

Of course not but don’t you think if true the sentence is petty. That’s what I cannot understand

As I said earlier, it felt very much from the initial reports like the victim was seeking financial compensation rather than seeing Chair go down. The lawyer even said something like "16,000 euros is two weeks wages to Mr Chair".
Chair jailed for a year on 15:42 - Feb 23 with 2408 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chair jailed for a year on 15:33 - Feb 23 by LazyFan

If Chair wins on appeal, he may be sellable; if not, QPR can forget it. He's worth nothing and will be playing with Adel wherever he's at.

If Chair can play, I would assume he would get mucho grief from the oppo fans and call the club into question playing a convicted criminal.

I think we can still survive relegation without Chair, Cifuentes has made some good midfield signings in January, Andersen, Hayden and Hodge are up and running.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:46 - Feb 23 with 2323 viewsrbee

Chair jailed for a year on 15:33 - Feb 23 by LazyFan

Whilst not ideal (!) this doesn't really affect our chances of survival too much in my opinion. Willock can play on the left, Andersen on the right with Hodge of Colback coming in.
Chair jailed for a year on 15:53 - Feb 23 with 2173 viewstraininvain

Chair jailed for a year on 15:30 - Feb 23 by Northernr

A journalist has picked up the phone.

"However, the 26-year-old has the right to an appeal and is not currently incarcerated. In theory, that means he is available for Saturday’s Championship game against Rotherham should the club choose to select him."

‘Het Nieuwsblad report that Chair denied he was the man who threw the rock and asked for an acquittal.

They add that on Friday morning he came to court for the verdict himself, with a new lawyer, and asked to reopen the debates. The request was said to have been rejected by the court.’

Makes it seem like Chair perhaps hasn’t taken the charges seriously if he’s appointed a new lawyer and only turned up to the court today to request that the case is reopened. Maybe too little too late and it doesn’t reflect well on Chair or the club if they’ve allowed it to reach this stage before taking it seriously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024