Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan in x block row M 17:12 - Aug 22 with 10967 viewshoops_legend

You are holding a baby, shouting every swear word under the sun. You litetally swore at our players more than the opposition. Is this whag a supporter us now?

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

0
Fan in x block row M on 09:55 - Aug 23 with 3284 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I used to swear and kick the wall in the lower Loft (before kiddie zone) then someone put plastic covering over it so I felt guilty about kicking it so desisted.

Was still a sweary uncouth Viking though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

0
Fan in x block row M on 10:05 - Aug 23 with 3237 viewsTwoHalves

Fan in x block row M on 09:28 - Aug 23 by colinallcars

We're far too sophisticated in SA road for that sort of language. Occasionally some chap might say “ pooh bah” or “ pish tosh belly bum drawers” but that's about it.


Michael Gove?
1
Fan in x block row M on 11:42 - Aug 23 with 3048 viewscolinallcars

Fan in x block row M on 10:05 - Aug 23 by TwoHalves

Michael Gove?


That's the bloke ! Couldn't remember his name.
0
Fan in x block row M on 12:25 - Aug 23 with 2998 viewsloftboy

Took my kids from the age of 4 , told them why they hear in the ground stays in the ground.
One of My Grand daughters was at her second game yesterday, first one was Portsmouth 6-1.
My daughter managed to get her seats in the family stand close to where I stand in the safe standing so could be with her leading up to kick off.
She was selected to be a flag bearer, I was allowed to escort her round the pitch for said occasion and got some lovely photos and a video I’m hoping she’ll cherish for ever.

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

8
Fan in x block row M on 13:49 - Aug 23 with 2859 viewsE17hoop

Fan in x block row M on 09:36 - Aug 23 by SK_hoops

I was sat near the guy. That was a really uncomfortable level of abuse. You have to draw the line somewhere.


Exactly. He focused on the fact she was a woman, and that's not banter; it's misogynistic abuse.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

1
Fan in x block row M on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 2756 viewsR_from_afar

The amount and ferocity of the abuse is frightening at times and is both intimidating and unsettling, I find. Three incidents stick in my mind:
- A bloke behind me in the South Africa Road stand hurling abuse at Conor Washington. Now, I know dear old Conor wasn't great, but at least he tried and I doubt that the constant stream of abuse was helping his confidence. Weirdly, the "fan" had a ManUre tattoo... .

- An old bloke, surrounded by several family members, exhorting loanee Jay Simpson to "f*** off back to Arsenal" after he missed a chance midway through the first half of a game late in the season, a season in which Simpson's goals had kept us up .

- An Rs fan loudly urging Marc Bircham to "smash" a Cheltenham player during a League Cup match (it must have been in the first round). I'm not sure how going down to 10 men was going to help our cause, we usually struggle to compete in the cups even when we have a full complement .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

4
Fan in x block row M on 14:44 - Aug 23 with 2747 viewsstowmarketrange

Fan in x block row M on 08:40 - Aug 23 by GaryBannister86

There was another blue-on-blue mini ruck in the Loft standing yesterday. That's the third time in a couple of years, when I reckon I saw nothing of the sort in 40 years prior. I guess in the old days you would just move away from any morons. Some absolute weapons of a (all grown up) family turned up among the season ticket regulars and succeeded in winding everybody up for no reason. Just don't get people sometimes.


I heard from a guy who was very close to the incident yesterday that someone with youngish children with them asked the bloke in front to curb his swearing a bit,and it led to a bit of shouting between the two.Nothing to see here.
0
Fan in x block row M on 14:58 - Aug 23 with 2695 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fan in x block row M on 14:44 - Aug 23 by stowmarketrange

I heard from a guy who was very close to the incident yesterday that someone with youngish children with them asked the bloke in front to curb his swearing a bit,and it led to a bit of shouting between the two.Nothing to see here.


I like NL a lot having moved around a bit since the last Premier League season . Good mix of adults, some blue language certainly but not excessively by any means. People who have had a few but can hold it, get behind the team but have a moan when you’d expect, no cokeheads nor aggy Stone Island teenagers. Looked like a lot of nothing.
[Post edited 23 Aug 14:59]
0
Login to get fewer ads

Fan in x block row M on 16:16 - Aug 23 with 2545 viewsDorse

Fan in x block row M on 09:28 - Aug 23 by colinallcars

We're far too sophisticated in SA road for that sort of language. Occasionally some chap might say “ pooh bah” or “ pish tosh belly bum drawers” but that's about it.


I'm pretty sure I heard you shout 'fartbumwilly' at the referee. Several young ladies in attendance had to be revived with smelling salts afterwards.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

1
Fan in x block row M on 10:04 - Aug 24 with 2103 viewsRBlock

Fan in x block row M on 12:25 - Aug 23 by loftboy

Took my kids from the age of 4 , told them why they hear in the ground stays in the ground.
One of My Grand daughters was at her second game yesterday, first one was Portsmouth 6-1.
My daughter managed to get her seats in the family stand close to where I stand in the safe standing so could be with her leading up to kick off.
She was selected to be a flag bearer, I was allowed to escort her round the pitch for said occasion and got some lovely photos and a video I’m hoping she’ll cherish for ever.


I took my boy to his first game last season when he was about 16 months, Stoke at home at 12.30. The early kick off made it a nice sedate atmosphere for him and he enjoyed it, although didn't really know what was going on. I sit with my Dad and my brother, and that day my Mum, wife, and sister-in-law attended, so we were all able to make sure he was kept entertained. He had just learned to clap, so really enjoyed putting his new skill to good use!
0
Fan in x block row M on 10:09 - Aug 24 with 2088 viewsJames_Paddocks

Bringing babies to the football is performative nonsense.
2
Fan in x block row M on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 2052 viewsRBlock

Fan in x block row M on 10:09 - Aug 24 by James_Paddocks

Bringing babies to the football is performative nonsense.


Cheers, appreciate your input mate. Glad you felt the need to type that out and press post. Was a lovely day out with the family for us.
0
Fan in x block row M on 10:53 - Aug 24 with 1973 viewsloftboy

Fan in x block row M on 14:58 - Aug 23 by Watford_Ranger

I like NL a lot having moved around a bit since the last Premier League season . Good mix of adults, some blue language certainly but not excessively by any means. People who have had a few but can hold it, get behind the team but have a moan when you’d expect, no cokeheads nor aggy Stone Island teenagers. Looked like a lot of nothing.
[Post edited 23 Aug 14:59]


If you look across to ML between the two walls, front two rows behind the flags you will find myself and Stowmarket, I’m the handsome bugger and Stowmarket isn’t !

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

0
Fan in x block row M on 11:50 - Aug 24 with 1846 viewslondonscottish

Fan in x block row M on 08:40 - Aug 23 by GaryBannister86

There was another blue-on-blue mini ruck in the Loft standing yesterday. That's the third time in a couple of years, when I reckon I saw nothing of the sort in 40 years prior. I guess in the old days you would just move away from any morons. Some absolute weapons of a (all grown up) family turned up among the season ticket regulars and succeeded in winding everybody up for no reason. Just don't get people sometimes.


I had a family like that a couple of years ago who all wanted to stand together. I had to explain about 6 times that, no, they couldn't have my seat or the one next to it as they were MY seats. It was really hard trying to get the concept of season tickets and seats into their thick entitled minds.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

1
Fan in x block row M on 12:12 - Aug 24 with 1791 viewsGaryBannister86

Fan in x block row M on 11:50 - Aug 24 by londonscottish

I had a family like that a couple of years ago who all wanted to stand together. I had to explain about 6 times that, no, they couldn't have my seat or the one next to it as they were MY seats. It was really hard trying to get the concept of season tickets and seats into their thick entitled minds.


Yes, exactly. Although it was just a lot of shouting and unpleasantness in the end, it is I think made extra infuriating in that pretty much everyone there are season ticket holders, have paid a fortune for their spots, have now stood there for years - and when random people come along and think they can behave like prats - it really gets on my wick.

I am sure it's because it is standing and people think it is the old days of the terraces. No, mate, that's the spot I've paid for - it is no longer a free for all.
1
Fan in x block row M on 13:12 - Aug 24 with 1682 viewsslmrstid

Fan in x block row M on 10:09 - Aug 24 by James_Paddocks

Bringing babies to the football is performative nonsense.


Surprised they were allowed in tbh, a lot of grounds are very explicit on no under-2s. I mean for me thats still too young but each to their own.
1
Fan in x block row M on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 1642 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

This is why I sit in the rarefied air of the Upper Loft right behind the goal.

The prices help keep the riff raff out and the view is excellent. Sometimes I can hear some singing in R Block and now from the opposite corner which can cause me some annoyance as it disturbs my concentration.

Once I called for the players to 'Play up! Play up! And play the game!'. No one joined in, so now I sit in silence. It is golden.

Poll: How is Nourry cooking so far ? 🤣

3
Fan in x block row M on 13:59 - Aug 24 with 1588 viewsNed_Kennedys

Fan in x block row M on 08:32 - Aug 23 by hoops_legend

I understand your point but I dont think it should be. Calling everyone a fat C*nt or a Pu**y so that everyone can hear it in surrounding 50 metres isn't great

I dont mind some swearing and at football always going to happen but not for 90mins please and also try and remember yiu SUPPORT QPR not hate them


Totally agree: the worst I come out with is ‘FFS Rangers!’ which seems to happen quite frequently 😬
1
Fan in x block row M on 14:00 - Aug 24 with 1586 viewsstowmarketrange

Fan in x block row M on 10:53 - Aug 24 by loftboy

If you look across to ML between the two walls, front two rows behind the flags you will find myself and Stowmarket, I’m the handsome bugger and Stowmarket isn’t !


There’s none so blind as those who cannot see.
1
Fan in x block row M on 14:17 - Aug 24 with 1526 viewsTwoHalves

Fan in x block row M on 13:29 - Aug 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

This is why I sit in the rarefied air of the Upper Loft right behind the goal.

The prices help keep the riff raff out and the view is excellent. Sometimes I can hear some singing in R Block and now from the opposite corner which can cause me some annoyance as it disturbs my concentration.

Once I called for the players to 'Play up! Play up! And play the game!'. No one joined in, so now I sit in silence. It is golden.


I’m afraid the prices didn’t keep me out, Wilkins!
0
Fan in x block row M on 14:28 - Aug 24 with 1493 viewsLblock

Fan in x block row M on 11:50 - Aug 24 by londonscottish

I had a family like that a couple of years ago who all wanted to stand together. I had to explain about 6 times that, no, they couldn't have my seat or the one next to it as they were MY seats. It was really hard trying to get the concept of season tickets and seats into their thick entitled minds.


I had a family like that a couple of years ago as well......... but I've disowned them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2
Fan in x block row M on 15:50 - Aug 25 with 1061 viewsrobith

Fan in x block row M on 17:57 - Aug 22 by essextaxiboy

Separated Dad , got the kids for the weekend , dont want to miss the game . The kids probably had a couple of hours in the pub as well .. IMO


I saw a dad with two kids in the loft smoking/drinking area last season where I was very close to going and speaking to the stewards. A boy and girl, probably like 6 & 4. Dad was absolutely sloshed, holding two pints, chinning them. Occasionally breaking up ignoring the kids to tell the boy he was soft for wanting a toy. Didn't even seem to acknowledge the girl existed. Was absolutely heart breaking watching it
0
Fan in x block row M on 17:30 - Aug 25 with 901 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fan in x block row M on 21:03 - Aug 22 by ted_hendrix

Years ago I was stood In the paddocks we were at home to Notts Forest, Stuart Pearce had the ball in front of the dug out, the Forest forward (might have been Ian Woan) had his arm up for the pass, Stuart Pearce looked up and shouted ''you're too deep You're too effing deep''

When John Spencer joined us he scored for us at Elm Park and promptly told us all packed In at away end ''I'm the effing Man, I'm the effing Man''.

At Hillsborough when we won promotion at the final whistle I looked behind me trying to find a couple of lads and a well dressed Woman looked at me and said, ''we done It, we effing done It''

The language goes with the territory IMO.


It's not the language per se, it's the intent. In your examples, no one is being abused so the colourful language is acceptable. However, direct abuse of individuals without just cause is another matter. Context is everything.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026