Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR 11:21 - Oct 11 with 10721 viewsDieByYourSide

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-launch-campaign-improve-atmosphere

In response to fan feedback apparently, although the campaign seems to involve just handing out flyers saying make some noise

Poll: And it's hi ho

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:46 - Oct 11 with 6024 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Two upfront and going for it might help...just a thought!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:47 - Oct 11 with 6024 viewsLongsufferingR

PLEASE, PLEASE, NO CLACKERS!!!!!!!!
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:50 - Oct 11 with 5998 viewsrobith

You can take my right to sit in morose silence from my cold dead hands
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:50 - Oct 11 with 5997 viewsDando

Is it just me that finds this embarrassing? Not being funny, but playing slow boring, backwards sideways football, one up front and central midfielders on the wing does not give the crowd much to shout about. To be fair, I think the fans have stuck with the players and manager pretty well in games, but the level of noise is understandably low due to some of the most boring football I have seen for a long time. Maybe we should leave a flyer in Jimmys dugout suggesting changes to the above is what will help the crowd - we don't need to be told
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:52 - Oct 11 with 5981 viewsWokingR

Who knew it was so easy
All those games I've been p*ssed off watching halfarsed performances and all I needed to do was refer to a leaflet and I'm up out of my seat
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:54 - Oct 11 with 5970 viewsW7Ranger

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:47 - Oct 11 by LongsufferingR

PLEASE, PLEASE, NO CLACKERS!!!!!!!!

Not even plawn clackers??

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:56 - Oct 11 with 5960 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:54 - Oct 11 by W7Ranger

Not even plawn clackers??

If my clackers looked pink and yellow, I'd be shooting up the penicillin PDQ!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:59 - Oct 11 with 5945 viewsNorthernr

I don't fancy their chances much, because most of the causes of the crap atmosphere aren't going to change any time soon

- Lower Loft half empty
- Expensive ticket prices
- Midtable team
- Functional, uninspiring football
- Attritional, low quality division
- Knowing that even if we do ever get back to the Prem, it's pretty sht there too
- Constantly changing kick off times, particularly shifts to early mornings
Login to get fewer ads

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 12:04 - Oct 11 with 5912 viewsPinnerPaul

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:59 - Oct 11 by Northernr

I don't fancy their chances much, because most of the causes of the crap atmosphere aren't going to change any time soon

- Lower Loft half empty
- Midtable team
- Knowing that even if we do ever get back to the Prem, it's pretty sht there too

We all have our own views- but in order of importance I think its

The League Position
The Football
The Division
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 12:06 - Oct 11 with 5904 viewspaulparker

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:59 - Oct 11 by Northernr

- Lower Loft half empty
- Midtable team

If people think the atmosphere is dire now wait until we get a new stadium ,

if you want to improve things how about giving free beers out on specific games
or how about giving cheap tickets to the under 21's , how many groups of young lads do you see now at the football , hardly none

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 12:08 - Oct 11 with 5893 viewsstevec

They could try terracing.

And whatever happened to abusing the oppo's fans, seems to have died out almost completely.
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 12:49 - Oct 11 with 5672 viewsDorse

The club should roll-out officially sanctioned chants and hymn-sheets for supporters. Jude the Cat could conduct the crowd via the big screen.

'Altogether now...
My old man, said be a Chelsea fan...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 12:54 - Oct 11 with 5648 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's also football overkill. Sky were showing something like Latvia v Belarus LIVE~! at the weekend. Feels a bit like you've seen it all. And when you can watch Barcelona or Madrid every week on TV people watch QPR and think - I paid £50 for this. Why, exactly? People can blame the football etc, but we've played far worse stuff than this even in the last 15 years and the atmosphere has been better. I think part of it is everyone knows we're not going up this year, not going down either, so why bother getting excited?

Bare bones.

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:09 - Oct 11 with 5571 viewsNorthernr

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 12:04 - Oct 11 by PinnerPaul

We all have our own views- but in order of importance I think its

The League Position
The Football
The Division

The kick off time thing can be massive. Even when we were in the Premier League at home to Man Utd in front of a full house, the place was absolutely dead if the game kicked off at lunch time.

Wolves on a Thursday night for example - that's cut the away support in half straight away, cut the number of people in the Lower Loft by half at least, and probably shaved 3,000 off the attendance overall. I expect that's going to be our lowest league crowd for years now, and the place will be like a morgue.
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:12 - Oct 11 with 5550 viewsR_from_afar

What a glum lot we are!

Come on, let's make some noise regardless of how many we have up front, how beautiful the football is, and what the score says. It would make the whole experience more enjoyable for us fans, not to mention the team, who might find it inspirational.

RFA (preparing himself to be burned as a heretic)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:17 - Oct 11 with 5520 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair play to them for trying something anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:20 - Oct 11 with 5517 views1BobbyHazell

To be honest I've found the atmosphere pretty poor for a while now (with a few obvious exceptions) . Precious little singing outside of PQR.

Ah to be 13 again stood behind the goal in the loft being consumed by the noise around me.
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:20 - Oct 11 with 5516 viewstraininvain

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 11:46 - Oct 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Two upfront and going for it might help...just a thought!

Just out of curiosity, which QPR team of the last 20 years would you say played the most attacking football?
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:30 - Oct 11 with 5468 viewsOakR

This may be a memory mirage, but when I started going, I remember getting in early before KO, with maybe only one song pre-kick-off, and certainly not an endless list 30 minutes pre KO like we have now which pretty much drowns out any singing. The pre-kick-off chanting used to be good, now it's virtually non-existent (at home anyway).

The fact it is harder to congregate with like minded people, eg those that want to sing, those that want to stand sit all makes it a bit worse now, especially when the ground is not full.

The above added to the fact the last few years and more have been fairly soul destroying, coupled with awful football and not much to get excited about means to get what you have now.

All that said, we still managed an amazing atmosphere for a few seasons when Olli was in charge - in a division below. Cheaper tickets, better football, genuinely like of players and manager, and doing well. Probably the last time it really came together all round, thought the Warnock Adel promotion year was not bad either.

We have had some cracking atmostphere's in the PL, the Chelsea first match 1-0 probably the best home one I've ever been too, the Liverpool come back game etc, but those all had expectation and hope around them, as did the Olli days, which are now sadly missing.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:32 - Oct 11 with 5464 viewsKonk

(1) Publicise every game as a cup final/championship decider in the programme and get the bloke on the P.A. to welcome people for “The most important game in the club’s history!”. People rolling out of the pub after 7-8 pints might not notice that you’re actually playing Wigan at home in September, and it only takes a few dozen sufficiently pi ssed people to get the atmosphere going. Give them a dream to cling to. Where they go, others will follow.

(2) Clappers. I know they have their critics, but loads of people don’t know how to clap — they just can’t do it. They stand there, desperate to applaud but completely unable to master the skill. Give them a clapper and they’ll rhythmically thrash the palm of their hand looking for all the world like a bunch of sadomasochistic nutcases building up to a particularly violent group climax.

(3) Fu ck the clappers - give everyone a drum instead. And make it a big one.

(4) Get some one-man bands dotted around the ground.

(5) And a bloke playing the old Joanna, belting out Music Hall classics from one of the technical areas throughout the game. Might be worth giving the Lambeth Walk a miss when you play Millwall as it could send them into a nostalgic frenzy. Same with WHU and Knees up Mother Brown. In another part of the ground, have one of your pub sessions, with a red haired woman on the fiddle, a lad on the bodhran, Tony Fernandes on the Penny whistle and an eighty year old fella in pi ss-stained Farahs singing about setting sail for Barnsley away (“Oh, I’m off to Barnsley, Ma/We’re going in Kevin’s car/We were going to get the train/but they moved the kick-off again”). Not a dry eye in the house and everyone singing along at the chorus.

(6) Nothing gets the atmosphere going like a 4-0 lead in an important game, a shi t ref, an unpunished karate attack on your young star, a fight in the dugout or Frank Lampard kissing his badge in front of you after shanking a daisy cutter into the bottom corner via a couple of deflections. Try and arrange for as many of these to take place in the first few minutes of every game and Loftus Road would be absolutely bouncing.

(7) Get some coked-up/p issed-up doughnuts to spend the whole game facing away from the pitch, screaming at their fellow fans, "Sing-up, you fu cking plast ic cun ts! Sing-up or fu ck-off, you fu cking day-tripper cu nts!". In my experience, this always helps to boost the atmosphere and it's maybe something clubs should be looking to encourage, especially when the encouragement is screamed into the faces of long term fans with their kids.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 13:39]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 13:34 - Oct 11 with 5450 viewsstowmarketrange

The club could do its bit by stopping Sky tv decide our fixture list to the extent they do now.
Fans who have season tickets rarely turn up if the game is on tv,which means the lower loft is virtually deserted.Many fans who would pay at the gate won't bother spending money for the game too,and if people do turn up for a 12 noon ko the atmosphere is terrible anyway.
To allow Sky to move almost all our Saturday games for the next 2 1/2 months is nothing short of a scandal.
Why don't they spread their cameras around a bit more?Or we grow some balls and tell them enough is enough?
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 14:27 - Oct 11 with 5271 viewsJeff

sorted.

Can we not knock it?

Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 14:27 - Oct 11 with 5271 viewsLongsufferingR

Now that Konk has brought up the subject of makeshift bands in grounds, WHO THE FKING FK THINKS IT'S STILL A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THAT FKING BUNCH OF FKING TONE-DEAF MORONS PLAYING THE SAME OUT OF TUNE DIRGES AT EVERY ENGLAND GAME HOME AND AWAY??????

It's embarrassing, painful to hear and completely shyte. They should have their instruments removed and handed to the opposition fans on the proviso that they use them as weapons against any England fan that thinks he can play the trumpet.
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 14:31 - Oct 11 with 5250 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Free beer for two hours before KO would solve it.
Club launch campaign to improve atmosphere at LR on 14:50 - Oct 11 with 5170 viewstimcocking

Fcuking obvious how to do that. Standing areas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024