Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Overrated 00:04 - Feb 9 with 6765 viewsBoston

...band thread. Did we have this already, dunno?
Anyway, keep it short and sweet, I could list loads but one that never fails to send me to sleep is the Dave Matthews Bland. Fck orrf back to Sarrf Afreeka would ya!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Most Overrated on 04:46 - Feb 9 with 2810 viewsLoftgirl

KISS. Pretty much most American bands come to that.
Most Overrated on 06:35 - Feb 9 with 2758 viewsnumptydumpty

Oasis !!!!

They certainly absolutely are not the Second Coming of the Beatles in anyways .....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most Overrated on 06:36 - Feb 9 with 2756 viewsRs_Holy

I vaguely remember a most underrated and overrated band thread a while back… anyway most overrated for me is REM. I saw them supporting U2 in the late 80’s and they were terrible.
Most Overrated on 06:47 - Feb 9 with 2740 viewsDWQPR

Rolling Stones for me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Most Overrated on 07:26 - Feb 9 with 2697 viewsToast_R

U2
Most Overrated on 07:27 - Feb 9 with 2697 viewsQPRSteve

Beach Boys, U2, Oasis, Yes, Genesis, just for starters
Most Overrated on 07:30 - Feb 9 with 2687 viewsNed_Kennedys

Most Overrated on 06:36 - Feb 9 by Rs_Holy

I vaguely remember a most underrated and overrated band thread a while back… anyway most overrated for me is REM. I saw them supporting U2 in the late 80’s and they were terrible.

U2 are massively overrated and disappeared up their own arses in the mid 80s.
Most Overrated on 07:44 - Feb 9 with 2656 viewsKonk

Most Overrated on 06:35 - Feb 9 by numptydumpty

Oasis !!!!

They certainly absolutely are not the Second Coming of the Beatles in anyways .....

The first band that came to mind. Saw them at The Venue in New Cross when there was a big buzz about them and thought they were bang average. I know a lot of people love them and it’s all about opinions, but to me, they have 2-3 decent/good tunes and the rest of it is completely forgettable and dull.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Most Overrated on 08:03 - Feb 9 with 2614 viewsdmm

It's a fun idea for a thread but it's just about bands or music we don't like, isn't it?

The world and its dog seem to rate ABBA. I simply cannot listen to them and never have. Yet, one or two bands mentioned already such as the Beach Boys are also universally rated that I love.

Personal tastes Shirley.
Most Overrated on 08:07 - Feb 9 with 2601 viewscpgerber

I also vote for Oasis.
Most Overrated on 08:09 - Feb 9 with 2593 viewsqprxtc

Every band that ever existed is overrated.

Bar one.

And it ain’t JoBoxers.
Most Overrated on 08:17 - Feb 9 with 2566 viewsDannyPaddox

Uttoxeter Bludgeon Party
Most Overrated on 08:20 - Feb 9 with 2556 viewsClive_Anderson

Haven't we had this thread about 10 times already
U2 always come up a lot .

It's all a question of taste though. I find Elvis Costello to be a dreadful pub singer with an annoying voice, but apparently he's one the country's best songwriters and I just can't see it.
Most Overrated on 08:24 - Feb 9 with 2547 viewsSonic_Hoop

the sixties band The Gods
Most Overrated on 08:36 - Feb 9 with 2522 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's all subjective, but I bet a lot of the bands/artists we can't stand or we feel are overrated are better than the dross/drivel seen on the Brits last night. But this is the view of a 58 year old rock fan.
Most Overrated on 08:36 - Feb 9 with 2510 viewsslmrstid

Most Overrated on 08:03 - Feb 9 by dmm

It's a fun idea for a thread but it's just about bands or music we don't like, isn't it?

The world and its dog seem to rate ABBA. I simply cannot listen to them and never have. Yet, one or two bands mentioned already such as the Beach Boys are also universally rated that I love.

Personal tastes Shirley.

Pretty much this. And I generally find the more mainstream/well known an act is the more "cool" it is to say you dislike it and they're overrated (sets you out from the crowd innit).

People frequently list The Killers on these sort of things, but we absolutely love The Killers in my household and I will admit to having a bit of a man crush on Brandon Flowers

For me it would be Kasabian, but given they are a Leicester band be careful what you say about them in this city because they are very protective of their hometown band...as I've found out with friends on numerous occasions
Most Overrated on 08:40 - Feb 9 with 2501 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Most Overrated on 07:30 - Feb 9 by Ned_Kennedys

U2 are massively overrated and disappeared up their own arses in the mid 80s.

Totally agree.

How you can go from ‘1-in-10’ and ‘Earth die screaming’ to ‘Red red wine’ and look yourselves in the mirror I’ll never know!

Mention for Dire Straits: utterly dull.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Most Overrated on 08:46 - Feb 9 with 2481 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

If it's time for Muse. It's time for a snooze

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Most Overrated on 08:48 - Feb 9 with 2474 viewsHAYESBOY

Oasis.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Most Overrated on 08:48 - Feb 9 with 2474 viewsRs_Holy

Most Overrated on 08:20 - Feb 9 by Clive_Anderson

Haven't we had this thread about 10 times already
U2 always come up a lot .

It's all a question of taste though. I find Elvis Costello to be a dreadful pub singer with an annoying voice, but apparently he's one the country's best songwriters and I just can't see it.

Its usually U2 and Coldplay...

Anyway during Lockdown 1.0 back in the year 2020 I decided I needed a hobby so I took up guitar. I have to say 2 years on I absolutely love it (it has become a passion now). One of the things actually playing an instrument has done is change my mind slightly about some bands.
I used to think Oasis and the Stones were overrated. I love Oasis now! Yes there songs tend to be really simple ( 'She's Electric' is an exception to that rule) but the way they arrange certain simple songs is almost anthem like re - 'Champagne Supernova' and 'Don't look back in anger'.
The Stones are basically a band who have taken blues and twisted it into Pop/Rock. Keith Richards usually plays in open E or G which in theory is a bit of a cheat. But he has created his own sound and its all about technique and nothing about complex cord progressions... I think he's a genius as he can take something dead simple and make it magical...('Gimme shelter' & 'Brown Sugar' spring to mind immediately). Its a bit like a chef using really simple ingredients and coming up with a wowzer plate of food or an artist who can come up with something stunning using just a pencil and a bit of paper.
I could go on but it would get really boring and anoraky :) ... Music is 100% subjective like any artform and that's what makes it so interesting.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 9:11]
Most Overrated on 08:59 - Feb 9 with 2424 viewsLblock

Elastic

(BTW, in my ears, and those of many others, OASIS were superb - brilliant times running alongside the explosion of a more underground scene of music one or two may have heard of…….. each to their own though. Music is the food of love; so play on)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Most Overrated on 09:06 - Feb 9 with 2404 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Yes similarly saw then at The Enterprise in Camden around '93 / '94 I think, they were genuinely awful, especially the drummer.

Best bit of the night was them all piling downstairs into the pub after their set and (Noel I think it was) arrogantly shouting the question to the entire pub 'what did you think of that then?' to which we all replied 'fcking shite' mate. They were NOT happy.
Most Overrated on 09:06 - Feb 9 with 2395 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Most Overrated on 09:06 - Feb 9 by Silverfoxqpr

Yes similarly saw then at The Enterprise in Camden around '93 / '94 I think, they were genuinely awful, especially the drummer.

Best bit of the night was them all piling downstairs into the pub after their set and (Noel I think it was) arrogantly shouting the question to the entire pub 'what did you think of that then?' to which we all replied 'fcking shite' mate. They were NOT happy.

That was meant to be a response to Konk...............context etc.
Most Overrated on 09:10 - Feb 9 with 2375 viewsqprxtc

Most Overrated on 08:24 - Feb 9 by Sonic_Hoop

the sixties band The Gods

Towards the Skies is a brilliant song.
Most Overrated on 09:14 - Feb 9 with 2349 viewswood_hoop

So many genres to choose from that didn't float my boat then suddenly will find a track that is really cool, thankfully my tastes are much more eclatic than they used to be and the various music threads on here have been an eye/ear opener with some of the tracks listed.

Still can't stand rap though !

Top of my list is Queen followed by Queen, then Queen again.

Utter , utter bilge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024