Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 33665 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 11:38 - Mar 3 with 2468 viewsnix

I think it'll be tough tonight and on Saturday because of form and Pearson, respectively. After that though I think we could win our next three against Wycombe, Huddersfield and Millwall so I hope there's not too much of a meltdown on here if we lose tonight. Barnsley are flying, play in a way that negates our strengths and we are having a blip after an excellent run.

I just hope we give ourself a bit of a chance and are up for it. That's all we can ask of a relatively inexperienced team in terms of playing in the Championship/playing together. Barnsley, as their fan explained in Clive's interview, have benefited massively from playing together all last season, when they were nearly relegated. They only stayed up because of the Wigan points deduction. We could be where they are next season if we keep the core of our team together and add a bit of quality, as they have last summer and in January.

2-1 Barnsley with Chair scoring for us.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 12:12 - Mar 3 with 2395 viewsRangersw12

Just looked at the fixtures to check were playing Barnsley and not 1970 Brazil

On a decent run but so are we plus they have awful record at ours.

3-1 win
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 12:35 - Mar 3 with 2365 viewsR_from_afar

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 11:38 - Mar 3 by nix

I think it'll be tough tonight and on Saturday because of form and Pearson, respectively. After that though I think we could win our next three against Wycombe, Huddersfield and Millwall so I hope there's not too much of a meltdown on here if we lose tonight. Barnsley are flying, play in a way that negates our strengths and we are having a blip after an excellent run.

I just hope we give ourself a bit of a chance and are up for it. That's all we can ask of a relatively inexperienced team in terms of playing in the Championship/playing together. Barnsley, as their fan explained in Clive's interview, have benefited massively from playing together all last season, when they were nearly relegated. They only stayed up because of the Wigan points deduction. We could be where they are next season if we keep the core of our team together and add a bit of quality, as they have last summer and in January.

2-1 Barnsley with Chair scoring for us.

"I hope there's not too much of a meltdown on here".

I fear that if we lose, the degree of frustration will be heavily influenced by the traditional perception of Barnsley, i.e. a minnow, as opposed to their current form and situation.

But...
- I could be wrong, let's hope so
- We might win anyway, or get a creditable draw. Current blip aside, we have become more resilient, and pragmatic, in the last two months.

COYRs

PS: I have no idea what the score will be but I think we will score. I'll go for 1-1. To the Rs

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 14:33 - Mar 3 with 2285 viewsMickS

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 12:12 - Mar 3 by Rangersw12

Just looked at the fixtures to check were playing Barnsley and not 1970 Brazil

On a decent run but so are we plus they have awful record at ours.

3-1 win

Didn’t they have a Brazilly style kit a few years ago?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 14:58 - Mar 3 with 2241 viewsDannyPaddox

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 14:33 - Mar 3 by MickS

Didn’t they have a Brazilly style kit a few years ago?

Yep - was popular with the supporters.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 15:03 - Mar 3 with 2229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Won't be able to text much tonight. I've got a zoom call, not sure how long it will last for.

C'mon my Team!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 15:27 - Mar 3 with 2180 viewsMickS

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 14:58 - Mar 3 by DannyPaddox

Yep - was popular with the supporters.

Always been a fan of short shorts. She’s dreamy.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 15:51 - Mar 3 with 2142 viewsted_hendrix

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 15:03 - Mar 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Won't be able to text much tonight. I've got a zoom call, not sure how long it will last for.

C'mon my Team!

Boo-Hiss.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 15:55 - Mar 3 with 2136 viewsPinnerPaul

2-1 us
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 16:14 - Mar 3 with 2114 viewsMickS

7:00 kick off folks.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 16:20 - Mar 3 with 2104 viewsPinnerPaul

Always look for quotes on oppo site and noticed that they have opened ST renewals already!
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 3 with 2041 viewsWatfordR

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 16:20 - Mar 3 by PinnerPaul

Always look for quotes on oppo site and noticed that they have opened ST renewals already!

I know they've always had a bit of an obsession with us, but allowing us to renew our STs is going a bit above and beyond...
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 17:30 - Mar 3 with 1936 viewsjohncharles

Just back from the Co op with
Bread
Butter
Beer
No Barnsley
So that’s 3 - 0 to us !

Strong and stable my arse.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 1849 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:02 - Mar 3 with 1842 viewsPinnerPaul

Back to our 'best X1'

That should start a few arguments!
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:13 - Mar 3 with 1761 viewsstevec

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:02 - Mar 3 by PinnerPaul

Back to our 'best X1'

That should start a few arguments!

In with the heavyweights out with the featherweights.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:31 - Mar 3 with 1642 viewspaulparker

Will take a 1-1 , they seem a good side with a lot of pace

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:35 - Mar 3 with 1621 viewsWokingham_r

everyone expecting an attacking match
i'll go 0-0
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:50 - Mar 3 with 1489 viewsdublinr

The late collapse last time out has deflated everyone as much as it did me, it seems. Ten minutes before kick off, teams out, and tumble weed drifting here.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:52 - Mar 3 with 1475 viewskarl

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:35 - Mar 3 by Wokingham_r

everyone expecting an attacking match
i'll go 0-0

Very hard one to predict, hopefully we start well and get good possession high up the pitch, would hate to see us bogged down in our half just punting the odd long ball.
Hopefully at least a draw but will be difficult.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 18:57 - Mar 3 with 1442 viewsQPRSteve

Hopefully we will be fired up after last weekend and cone out all guns blazing. Fingers crossed for a 2-0 win.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:00 - Mar 3 with 1409 viewskensalriser

Nobby Stiles and Charlie Chaplin in the starting line up for Barnsley tonight, tough game.

3-2 Rangers, Todd Kane with the overhead.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:01 - Mar 3 with 1394 viewsdublinr

Can't be Arsed 0 Something to Play For 2

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:02 - Mar 3 with 1375 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

👏

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:03 - Mar 3 with 1368 viewsjohncharles

It’s going to be hard fought. Fortune favours the brave.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024