Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 33669 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:21 - Mar 3 with 1894 viewsR_from_afar

There's possession based football and then there's this, where the ball is swiftly laruped forward.

I know which I prefer. This is frantic stuff but exciting!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:21 - Mar 3 with 1882 viewskensalriser

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:18 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

When did Barnsley become like this?

Around about the time of the first post lockdown game when they beat us at KP.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:22 - Mar 3 with 1839 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:18 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

When did Barnsley become like this?

New manager innit
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:23 - Mar 3 with 1816 viewsNov77

It’s all a bit frantic.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 3 with 1790 viewsMalintabuk

Our passing and ball renting is well off tonightc
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 3 with 1777 viewsR_from_afar

Rangers cut open, Dieng claws it away at the second attempt

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:25 - Mar 3 with 1767 viewsNov77

0-1

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:25 - Mar 3 with 1766 viewsMalintabuk

Seny come on son
Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:25 - Mar 3 with 1759 viewsBklynRanger

Fcuking 7 o'clock kickoffs.

Better in many ways but I can't keep track.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:25 - Mar 3 with 1732 viewsR_from_afar

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 3 by R_from_afar

Rangers cut open, Dieng claws it away at the second attempt

.. and then Barnsley squeeze it in at the near post. Bollox

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 1692 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Jesus.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 1671 viewsBklynRanger

Was'n me

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 1647 viewsstevec

Dykes scores!!

What? Oh fck
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 1636 viewspaulparker

That was soft as Sh1t
We are dreadful

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 1640 viewsjoolsyp

Wallace didn't jump there - awful defending.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:27 - Mar 3 with 1612 viewsMalintabuk

Been the bettercteam to be honest.... but the Dykes miss like Birmingham could be costly again
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:27 - Mar 3 with 1601 viewsToast_R

Been coming. Barnsley pressing us all over the pitch, cannot string two passes together.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:27]
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:28 - Mar 3 with 1493 viewsBrazilNutR

Dikes... that must be the goal scoring spelling. Doh..

Only stream I found was a Barnsely supporter taling through the game in stong yorkshire accent.. just as they scored.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1480 viewsR_from_afar

Get in. AUSTIN

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1473 viewsNov77

Charlie 1-1

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1473 viewsdenhamhoop2

Get In Charlie
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1469 viewsEmpireStateRanger

What is Wallace doing there?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1460 viewsMalintabuk

Passing is shocking.... let's stop the Hollywood pass and get back to basics
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1456 viewskarl

Poor goal. I thought at the last corner Kane starts too far ahead of the post and he did the same there, going forward too early and getting caught under the ball allowing the forward to compete against Wallace.
Pretty basic defending, it's his job to look after the front post area in the 6 yd box and only move forward if someone stands in front of you, he just went forward aimlessly I think
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1446 viewsQPRSteve

They look to have far more energy than us. Getting players forward when they have the ball, something we seem incapable of doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024