Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 33668 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:33 - Mar 3 with 1720 viewsizlingtonhoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:32 - Mar 3 by nix

Could end up 10-10

Do it again
Rubber duck
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:33 - Mar 3 with 1714 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:32 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

They're pretty decent, aren't they?

They're very good. Best we've seen this season I think.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:33 - Mar 3 with 1712 viewsToast_R

Knew that was going in FFS!
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:33 - Mar 3 with 1695 viewsted_hendrix

Go again Rangers f ucking get on it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:33 - Mar 3 with 1670 viewskarl

Great free kick. Very entertaining game so far!
We're good enough to come back again but will be hard work, can't drop off the tempo
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 1573 viewsVancouverHoop

That's quite a throw from Dykes.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 1571 viewsactonman

There’s a suggestion that if you don’t give the ball away cheaply every fking 2 minutes, the more you have the ball and the less likely the other team can score
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 1527 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I assume they get tired at some point.
Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 1501 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 by VancouverHoop

That's quite a throw from Dykes.

Straight at the keeper, very useful

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 1502 viewsNov77

Oh well, brentfart lost! (Every cloud... )

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 1498 viewsQPRSteve

Chair is pretty anonymous at the moment
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 1481 viewsR_from_afar

Was that long throw from Dykes? It was colossal!

If Liverpool play heavy metal football, then Barnsley's is thrash metal. It's relentless.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:37 - Mar 3 with 1459 viewsrsonist

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 by actonman

There’s a suggestion that if you don’t give the ball away cheaply every fking 2 minutes, the more you have the ball and the less likely the other team can score

Yeah but Carroll doesn't tackle so he's worthless.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:37 - Mar 3 with 1422 viewsjoolsyp

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'm not sure they do ... that's why they are where they are!
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:38 - Mar 3 with 1404 viewsdannyblue

despite the fk johansen is class
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 3 with 1343 viewsR_from_afar

Hilarious scene: Cameron towering over the ref repeatedly telling him he didn't touch his man, who went down leading Chuckles Woolmer to - incorrectly- give a foul

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 3 with 1340 viewsBklynRanger

Superb play from Barbet there
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 3 with 1322 viewsstevec

Good game this
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 3 with 1312 viewsdenhamhoop2

How does that not go in
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:40]
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 3 with 1309 viewsNov77

Off the post, ref decides that was too close to a goal and gives them a freekick

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 1293 viewsR_from_afar

Great Rs FK, Barnsley hook it off the line

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 1274 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

We have no pace at all so it won’t make a difference

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 3 with 1238 viewsBostonR

Their forward Dike and Mowatt would walk into our team. Both very good players.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:41 - Mar 3 with 1204 viewsR_from_afar

This makes rollerball look a bit tame

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:41 - Mar 3 with 1187 viewsMalintabuk

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 3 by BostonR

Their forward Dike and Mowatt would walk into our team. Both very good players.

Do you think we went for the wrong Dike/Dykes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024