Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 51420 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 13:37 - Apr 19 with 1999 viewsrsonist

European super league on 12:57 - Apr 19 by Northernr

You see this will look passable in comparison, which is what I think this is all about. Ok we won't don that massive sht thing you hate, we'll just do this instead, which is still quite sht.

I don't know, I might have agreed before but what else is left to negotiate for? Agnelli was calling the Swiss Model "beautiful" a week ago, now it's still not enough.

They have the finance, they quite likely already have some kind of Amazon/Facebook new media deal in place to be this belligerent surely. The market won't stop it, they'll happily wait the "legacy supporters" out til they die if need be. The threats are enforcing bans from national leagues/international competition and theoretically some form of legal enshrinement of football as a sociocultural public service to be governed by state.
European super league on 13:54 - Apr 19 with 1907 viewsDannyPaddox

European super league on 13:16 - Apr 19 by CiderwithRsie

What the hell is a Swiss model?

And no, this is not an attempt to smuggle in Tit Tuesday under another name.

Surely the Swiss Model is a pyramid ...

European super league on 13:54 - Apr 19 with 1899 viewsterryb

17 Serie "a" clubs are meeting this afternoon to discuss the situation. I believe that this meeting will have a major say in how the other Leagues, national FA's, UEFA & FIFA continue to react.

I'm not surprised that it is the Italial League that is leading the way as they had the balls to relegate Juventus for financial abuse (it might have been for fraud or equivalent). That is something that the FA, FL failed to do when Manchester United were found guilty of the same offence as Peterborough United. Of course, The Posh were relegated!

It is my belief that the 12 clubs intend to compete in national leagues fielding a different squad as to there ESL team. However, if players are banned from playing in internationals, the English 6 might have problems obtaining work permits for non UK players.
European super league on 13:59 - Apr 19 with 1858 viewsMrSheen

European super league on 13:54 - Apr 19 by DannyPaddox

Surely the Swiss Model is a pyramid ...

I thought it was this.

European super league on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 1842 viewsDannyPaddox

European super league on 13:59 - Apr 19 by MrSheen

I thought it was this.

And the way she eats her toblerone says a post-war glamour-girl’s never alone
European super league on 14:10 - Apr 19 with 1812 viewsMrSheen

European super league on 14:02 - Apr 19 by DannyPaddox

And the way she eats her toblerone says a post-war glamour-girl’s never alone

The Non-Doctor's anonymous drone...
European super league on 14:12 - Apr 19 with 1795 viewsLongsufferingR

European super league on 13:17 - Apr 19 by stevec

I’ll need a graph to understand that

Sure. My pleasure.

European super league on 14:18 - Apr 19 with 1738 viewsMaggsinho

European super league on 13:54 - Apr 19 by terryb

17 Serie "a" clubs are meeting this afternoon to discuss the situation. I believe that this meeting will have a major say in how the other Leagues, national FA's, UEFA & FIFA continue to react.

I'm not surprised that it is the Italial League that is leading the way as they had the balls to relegate Juventus for financial abuse (it might have been for fraud or equivalent). That is something that the FA, FL failed to do when Manchester United were found guilty of the same offence as Peterborough United. Of course, The Posh were relegated!

It is my belief that the 12 clubs intend to compete in national leagues fielding a different squad as to there ESL team. However, if players are banned from playing in internationals, the English 6 might have problems obtaining work permits for non UK players.

Yeah, I'd assume they would have different squads. If you spend your new found billions on Neymar, Mbappe and Lewandowski you're not going to want to risk your new toys away to Norwich on a Saturday night.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 14:19]
Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 14:21 - Apr 19 with 1724 viewsAntti_Heinola

I've thought for years a special league for the elite, with no relegation, a great idea. A chance for a leveller playing field at national level, and they can have their stupid big boys club to themselves and see how long people arre interested in watching the same teams play each other year after year.
But this 'and we'll play in your league too' nonsense can do one.

Bare bones.

European super league on 14:23 - Apr 19 with 1713 viewsR_from_afar

European super league on 13:07 - Apr 19 by Konk

It might not ultimately make much of a difference, but this morning my representatives notified each of the breakaway clubs, that I have asked not to be considered for any management or playing roles with said clubs. Managing Real Madrid at this juncture would sit uncomfortably with me, in light of yesterday's developments.

I have no further comments to add for now. Thank you.

Good luck with that final interview for the job with The Blades, though, Konk

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

European super league on 14:24 - Apr 19 with 1705 viewsDannyPaddox

European super league on 14:10 - Apr 19 by MrSheen

The Non-Doctor's anonymous drone...

The action-painter, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, & The Scum got up and gone!
European super league on 14:28 - Apr 19 with 1677 viewsR_from_afar

The game is eating itself. The ESL is like some sort of footballing circus.

I'm not surprised Spurs have signed up, the ESL will give them a great chance of finally winning a trophy: The wooden spoon. Seriously, though, with Champions League qualification looking difficult this season - any season - I reckon Levy is panicking. He has colossal loans to pay off following the construction of their new enormodome.

Oh, and fair play to Porto, who have said they will not join it. They might not have been invited anyway, but at least they are principled.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

European super league on 14:36 - Apr 19 with 1639 viewsKonk

European super league on 14:23 - Apr 19 by R_from_afar

Good luck with that final interview for the job with The Blades, though, Konk

Thanks mate. Just finishing off my powerpoint presentation now. Fingers crossed.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

European super league on 14:40 - Apr 19 with 1621 viewsTonto

i think the football financial bubble is very close to bursting. Trouble s, its the smaller clubs that will pop first. This will hasten the end.

and yet, part of me thinks "f off and do it you greedy f-ers" and leave the rest of us to get on with it. You already took the soul out of football, perhaps this is our chance to re-find it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

European super league on 14:42 - Apr 19 with 1604 viewsrsonist

Some proper stuff from UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin:

"I am angry. They write in their press release about solidarity, they don't know S about solidarity.

They want to be famous. They will be famous in the wrong way."

"I am happy this has happened, finally. Now you see who is who. You see who loves football, who is in football for the love of the game."

"Things change. Juventus were in Serie B. Manchester United before Sir Alex Ferguson were I don't know where. Aston Villa was a big club."

"Why are they creating this? Because they are not managed right."

"I was a criminal lawyer for 24 years but I’ve never, ever, seen people like that. If I start with Ed Woodward, I didn't have much contact with him but he called me last Thursday, saying that he's very satisfied with the reforms, that he fully supports the reforms, and that the only thing he would like to speak about is financial fair play. And obviously he already signed something else."

"Andrea Agnelli is the biggest disappointment of all. I don't want to be too personal. But the fact is I've never seen a person lie so many times, so persistently it was unbelievable... Obviously, greediness is so strong that all the human values evaporate.""

Would Uefa like domestic leagues to kick out these these teams?
"This is the decision of domestic leagues but we are in contact with them and I'm sure they will do the same sanctions, within the law of course. Not like this dozen ... "
European super league on 14:46 - Apr 19 with 1582 viewsrsonist

Bayern's Rummenigge replaces Agnelli on the UEFA ExCo meanwhile. Appears they're standing firm.
European super league on 14:58 - Apr 19 with 1504 viewsrsonist

European super league on 12:37 - Apr 19 by rsonist

UEFA approves new 36 team "Swiss Model" 2024 Champions League with historical elite club byes, meanwhile, as if the alternative/status quo isn't already fcked beyond repair.

Ceferin:

“And I want to emphasise today what many of the fans don't know. Uefa distributes close to 90% of all the revenues back to the game, not to the professionals only. We finance youth, we finance grass roots, we finance women's football, we have a foundation, a children's foundation, that has a great charity project, so whoever thinks super league is about money and Uefa is about money as well is not right. Super league is only about money, money of the dozen, I don't want to call them dirty dozen, but Uefa is about developing football, and about financing what should be financed, that our football, our culture survives, and some people don't understand it.”
European super league on 15:13 - Apr 19 with 1453 viewsstowmarketrange

If our 6 clubs get thrown out of the English football league does it mean that we’ll be awarded the title from 1976 after all?
And can they ask Oxford to join too?
European super league on 15:18 - Apr 19 with 1430 viewsrsonist

European super league on 15:13 - Apr 19 by stowmarketrange

If our 6 clubs get thrown out of the English football league does it mean that we’ll be awarded the title from 1976 after all?
And can they ask Oxford to join too?

Think it means Brentford win the league cup...
European super league on 15:22 - Apr 19 with 1399 viewsQPRSteve

Statement released by EUF and others.

"UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we — UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations — will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Confederations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough."
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 15:23]
European super league on 15:27 - Apr 19 with 1375 viewsrsonist

European super league on 15:22 - Apr 19 by QPRSteve

Statement released by EUF and others.

"UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we — UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations — will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Confederations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough."
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 15:23]

Big fan of the Spanish league CEO's vivid caricature that went with it...

[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 15:27]
European super league on 15:32 - Apr 19 with 1335 viewsJustJules

Don't worry good folk, Boris is here to save the day!
Always keen to show he is a man of the people and support any popular trending cause (unless that involves giving financial aid to those who need it most), Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has promised to sort this out.
Well that's that taken care of then..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-european-super-leag
European super league on 15:33 - Apr 19 with 1333 viewsMickS

European super league on 14:36 - Apr 19 by Konk

Thanks mate. Just finishing off my powerpoint presentation now. Fingers crossed.

F uck. Sorry mate I’ve binned the cones.
European super league on 15:38 - Apr 19 with 1275 viewspaulparker

European super league on 13:28 - Apr 19 by RangersDave

if the 'big 6' have signed a deal, its done...... this isnt a matter for debate, they have shat on every other PL club and everyone below.

They must be thrown out this minute, no delay, get rid, expunge, done. leaving Leicester and wet spam to fight the PL out this season, then summer reset! sorted!

Klop, if he's honest will have to go today. if not, he's a falshood of 'honesty' and friendliness.

Sod it.....fcuk em all, and fcuk them all now!

Klopp won’t walk away nor will the others
There’s more chance me winning mr universe than that happening

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

European super league on 15:41 - Apr 19 with 1248 viewsed_83

This whole thing's a complete mess. Even if they're only doing it to extract concessions from UEFA over the Champions League, they've generated an insane amount of anger and ill will already, regardless of what ends up happening. Doing this when fans still aren't allowed back into stadiums is unbelievably cynical and cruel.

Seriously hope that FIFA, UEFA and everyone else stands firm and immediately bans the 12 clubs from domestic and European competitions, bans their players from World Cups, Euros etc. Would cause mayhem in the short term but would honestly be better for the game as a whole. Might even force the UK government to bring in Germany-style fan ownership rules.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024