Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 52646 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 17:53 - Apr 19 with 2310 viewsloftboy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/apr/19/european-super-league-late

Not sure if this has already been posted , would serve them right though.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

European super league on 17:54 - Apr 19 with 2310 viewsthemodfather

the efl/fa should suspend the so called big 6, a nd spurs in there hahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahaha to infinity, a sick joke.swnasea have won more than them and wigan in recent years. anyway suspend them now, ban them from any cup they are left in and let them rot. this lot broke away once for the prem lge and has it really benefiitted the game? forget tv coverage, have 92 clubs seen a benefit? no, the big clubs got bigger and want to retain it. lets be honest before massive funding man city and chelsea were fodder once, man utd won a few cups but no league title from 1968 until the prem lge began. be nice to hear what fans of the 6 clubs think, will they travel? will they want no games in england thru domestic games???
European super league on 18:10 - Apr 19 with 2233 viewsSott

European super league on 13:34 - Apr 19 by MrSheen

On the contrary, I informed my employers that despite signing up for a European Super League, I still expect them to keep paying me as normal.

Ah,the Prince Harry strategy
European super league on 18:11 - Apr 19 with 2232 viewswood_hoop

European super league on 17:40 - Apr 19 by NorthantsHoop

Oh dear the government are stepping in now on the Super League row, here we go more fudge and a fans review. The so called English big six must be laughing their socks off, will probably land up with more money in their pockets, as UEFA etc will compromise and give them more money to stay and participate in the Champions League re-vamp.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 17:41]

May be a vote winner for the rugby union supporting PM, ooops how cynical of me......
European super league on 18:13 - Apr 19 with 2220 viewsR_from_afar

European super league on 15:38 - Apr 19 by paulparker

Klopp won’t walk away nor will the others
There’s more chance me winning mr universe than that happening

Did you enter the competition? I got knocked out in one of the preliminary rounds. The organisers said they had seen more muscular broom handles. Sorry, couldn't resist that

Getting swiftly back on track, surely UEFA can sue them for misrepresentation on the grounds that a league with just 15 teams - so, fewer than either the current Champions or Europa Leagues - cannot legitimately be called a "super" league. Mini league more like

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

European super league on 18:16 - Apr 19 with 2211 viewsGloryHunter

Great comment on the New Statesman website - "11 of Europe's biggest football clubs and Tottenham Hotspur have announced their intention to establish a new midweek tournament . . ."
European super league on 18:23 - Apr 19 with 2180 viewsCamberleyR

European super league on 18:16 - Apr 19 by GloryHunter

Great comment on the New Statesman website - "11 of Europe's biggest football clubs and Tottenham Hotspur have announced their intention to establish a new midweek tournament . . ."

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

European super league on 18:23 - Apr 19 with 2180 viewsSott

European super league on 11:10 - Apr 19 by DannyPaddox

Isn’t this just capitalism?

Maybe fans need to unionise and if we can't afford to buy in to the boardroom we can pressurise the football authorities to implement proper rules on ownership, unionising would also make us a voice the politicians can't afford to ignore
Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 18:24 - Apr 19 with 2159 viewsJamesB1979

European super league on 17:53 - Apr 19 by loftboy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/apr/19/european-super-league-late

Not sure if this has already been posted , would serve them right though.

Why wait until Friday? What else do these guys do every day?
European super league on 18:26 - Apr 19 with 2147 viewsGloryHunter

European super league on 18:23 - Apr 19 by Sott

Maybe fans need to unionise and if we can't afford to buy in to the boardroom we can pressurise the football authorities to implement proper rules on ownership, unionising would also make us a voice the politicians can't afford to ignore

I think you will find there's a significant anti-union caucus on this message board.
European super league on 18:32 - Apr 19 with 2108 viewsSott

European super league on 18:26 - Apr 19 by GloryHunter

I think you will find there's a significant anti-union caucus on this message board.

And that's why the dirty dozen will probably get their way.

Bloody fan led review, give me strength, it took 30 years for fans to get justice for Hillsborough, smells of whitewash
European super league on 18:33 - Apr 19 with 2097 viewsjohnhoop

Have just thought of a really snappy name for the new League that the elite clubs are going to form.
Instead of the "Premier League", they can call it the "Pariah League."
And I won't even charge them a consultancy fee for the idea!
European super league on 18:46 - Apr 19 with 2022 viewsBucksRanger

Ian Holloway quote.

"One of pure disgust, I have to say. I don’t know about you, but I spent time watching Prince Philip’s funeral on the weekend and for the first time in a long time I was really proud of being British. This morning, that’s just gone away. That man was so selfless in his life and I wanted us to come out of his pandemic caring about other people more than ourselves, but the opposite is happening. I am totally outraged and absolutely disgusted in how selfish some people can be. The game belongs to supporters, not them and I have never seen anything like it."
European super league on 19:26 - Apr 19 with 1894 viewsBenny_the_Ball

European super league on 19:44 - Apr 18 by daveB

I thought what he said was outstanding calling for all 6 teams to have points deducted

[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 19:46]

I agree with Gary in that if the clubs have already signed a letter of intent then they should be heavily punished. It would make clubs think twice about using football as a pawn in a power play to force through Champions League reforms.
European super league on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 1876 viewsStanisgod

European super league on 19:27 - Apr 18 by ThGrimRanger

not seen anything official but assuming that we spurned their advances

I believe that they were going to have all the founding members of the Prem in it, but changed their minds when they realised that Oldham would be included.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

European super league on 19:46 - Apr 19 with 1825 viewsdanehoop

European super league on 19:26 - Apr 19 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree with Gary in that if the clubs have already signed a letter of intent then they should be heavily punished. It would make clubs think twice about using football as a pawn in a power play to force through Champions League reforms.

Doubt a letter of intent is a legally enforceable contract sufficient to take action.

If the government wants to do anything with this it has two primary levers to use - taxation - so large windfall profit corporation tax on football clubs outside of recognised league structure, with switch to taxation on income (not profit) for clubs outside of the league. Then apply visa restrictions on foreign nationals on sports visas outside of the league structures.

All of that is relatively easy to do and by hitting the income stream and relative available workforce you pretty much remove the push/pull factors in this deal.

They wont though.

Never knowingly understood

European super league on 19:57 - Apr 19 with 1784 viewsJustJules

Got the logo for the ESL sorted..

€$£
European super league on 20:39 - Apr 19 with 1647 viewsjoe90

European super league on 14:21 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

I've thought for years a special league for the elite, with no relegation, a great idea. A chance for a leveller playing field at national level, and they can have their stupid big boys club to themselves and see how long people arre interested in watching the same teams play each other year after year.
But this 'and we'll play in your league too' nonsense can do one.

Completely agree. You can't have it both ways. The FA/PL need to kick them out. I can't see there being any room for negotiation on this, you're either in or out.
European super league on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 1600 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/revealed-unpublished-super-leag
European super league on 20:54 - Apr 19 with 1566 viewsQPR_John

European super league on 20:47 - Apr 19 by Ranger_Things

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/revealed-unpublished-super-leag

"the unpredictability that is the lifeblood of our sport,"

That's the best statement yet. Whatever this super league is unpredictable it is not
European super league on 20:56 - Apr 19 with 1555 viewsBoston

European super league on 13:02 - Apr 19 by BostonR

Well, they say even bad press is good for your product but these clubs have really under-estimated the adverse reaction.
Having lived in the US, this is just another NFL set-up. No relegation, worst team gets the best players, time-outs and no 0-0 outcomes and how long before ads are shown between stoppages in play?

The 'Three Musketeers' on this are, John Henry, Avram Glazer and Stan Kroenke.

A bloke I'm pally with knows John Henry, or at least he did when Henry was thinking about buying Liverpool. He reckoned Henry was a decent fellah! Well that's one discussion that wont be arising in the future.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

European super league on 21:13 - Apr 19 with 1459 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

European super league on 21:17 - Apr 19 with 1423 viewsCiderwithRsie

European super league on 20:54 - Apr 19 by QPR_John

"the unpredictability that is the lifeblood of our sport,"

That's the best statement yet. Whatever this super league is unpredictable it is not

Too right. Plenty of people have been predicting for years that the bastards would come up with something like this.
European super league on 21:18 - Apr 19 with 1421 viewsdaveB

Neville and Carragher both outstanding on Sky tonight inbetween a Klopp interview where he states he is against the idea
European super league on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 1413 viewsWestbourneR

European super league on 18:46 - Apr 19 by BucksRanger

Ian Holloway quote.

"One of pure disgust, I have to say. I don’t know about you, but I spent time watching Prince Philip’s funeral on the weekend and for the first time in a long time I was really proud of being British. This morning, that’s just gone away. That man was so selfless in his life and I wanted us to come out of his pandemic caring about other people more than ourselves, but the opposite is happening. I am totally outraged and absolutely disgusted in how selfish some people can be. The game belongs to supporters, not them and I have never seen anything like it."

Dear me, citing Prince Philip as an ideal of selflessness, swallowing jingoistic patriotic media clap trap and repeating like it means something.

Just one example amongst many of why Ollie really didn’t have the brain power or insight for the job in modern football.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024