Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel Retires - Official 12:18 - Apr 20 with 2133 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a Gent.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/angel-rangel-announces-his-retirement-19042

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangel Retires - Official on 12:20 - Apr 20 with 1662 viewsNorthernr

Injured playing a meaningless game, when out of contract, knowing his next deal would be his last in the game, while others had said they'd rather not play for fear of jeopardising a sideways move to Middlesbrough. Enjoy retirement Angel, proper character.
Rangel Retires - Official on 12:26 - Apr 20 with 1625 viewsBucksRanger

An absolutely wonderful human being. We were so lucky to have him at the Rangers.
Rangel Retires - Official on 12:27 - Apr 20 with 1621 viewsMyke

Rangel Retires - Official on 12:20 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Injured playing a meaningless game, when out of contract, knowing his next deal would be his last in the game, while others had said they'd rather not play for fear of jeopardising a sideways move to Middlesbrough. Enjoy retirement Angel, proper character.

A superb pro. Would love to see him back here in a coaching capacity. Teaching Kane, Kakay and Niko the art of defending would be a great place to start
Rangel Retires - Official on 12:27 - Apr 20 with 1621 viewsCamberleyR

Good luck to him in whatever he does next. An excellent pro.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rangel Retires - Official on 12:37 - Apr 20 with 1564 viewswood_hoop

This is an exellent advert for the pro game, a gentleman to the core, wishing him the best in whatever he does next.
Rangel Retires - Official on 12:37 - Apr 20 with 1562 viewsted_hendrix

A bloody good bloke I wish him all the best and many thanks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rangel Retires - Official on 12:47 - Apr 20 with 1501 viewsBklynRanger

"I am an R and I always will be an R".

Think we can all agree with that.
Rangel Retires - Official on 12:57 - Apr 20 with 1460 viewsDorse

A complete gentleman.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Rangel Retires - Official on 13:02 - Apr 20 with 1436 viewsgazza1

Respect Rangel.....done a decent job whilst he was here too.
Rangel Retires - Official on 13:12 - Apr 20 with 1390 viewsnix

It's been a pleasure to see him play in the hoops. He never let us down. Great role model for the club.
Rangel Retires - Official on 13:19 - Apr 20 with 1365 viewsLongsufferingR

Perfect timing following the disgraceful behaviour we've seen from some clubs in the last few days.

Best of luck in whatever you do next and looking forward to welcoming you back as a Forever R
Rangel Retires - Official on 13:24 - Apr 20 with 1344 viewsWestbourneR

Well done Angel, an honour to have had you at our club.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rangel Retires - Official on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 1278 viewsNorthernr

Also did this, which was an amazing moment to be present for, against the club he'd played for more than ten years...

Rangel Retires - Official on 13:49 - Apr 20 with 1257 viewsLazyFan

This is not good.
We need such high-quality RB's. Won't get another like him for a while.

zzzzzzzzzz

Rangel Retires - Official on 14:06 - Apr 20 with 1198 viewsKonk

It's a timely reminder that beyond many of the owners, administrators, agents etc. the game is actually full of good people, who really do love the sport, and understand what it means to the fans. I've followed Rangel since reading a piece on his community work at Swansea - seems like a top bloke. Good luck, mate.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Rangel Retires - Official on 14:21 - Apr 20 with 1159 viewsrobith

Rangel Retires - Official on 13:45 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Also did this, which was an amazing moment to be present for, against the club he'd played for more than ten years...

I remember being there thinking "oh hello"

Big testament to the guy who you'd struggle to find a Rangers fan with anything but good words for him despite his short tenure
Rangel Retires - Official on 14:28 - Apr 20 with 1144 viewsterryb

I hope the future holds all that you wish for Angel.

It is fitting that we are playing at Swansea on the day he has announced his retirement. A minute of appreciation for him wouldn't go amiss before the game.
Rangel Retires - Official on 14:34 - Apr 20 with 1132 viewsPinnerPaul

Rangel Retires - Official on 12:20 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Yep and haven't read one of his interviews, where I haven't thought "top bloke" and this one on the offy is the best of the lot!
Rangel Retires - Official on 14:52 - Apr 20 with 1090 viewsBklynRanger

That moment against Swansea was one of the most memorable of the season for me - he went ab-sol-utely mental :)

Can't remember now if he was speaking English or Spanish but he seemed to somehow increase to 5 times his normal size such was his fury over it all. (Or maybe I need to get off the drugs... )
Rangel Retires - Official on 15:13 - Apr 20 with 1037 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thanks Mr Rangel.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rangel Retires - Official on 15:22 - Apr 20 with 1015 viewsJuzzie

It's a long time to only be seeing your kids sporadically. No matter how much money you have and even if it means you can afford to spend more time at home with them thereafter, you cannot ever replace that lost time.

Thanks and best of luck Angel.
Rangel Retires - Official on 15:40 - Apr 20 with 964 viewsPlanetHonneywood

At a time when we’re debating the Dirty Dozen, this thread is a positive leveller of a decent chap.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rangel Retires - Official on 15:43 - Apr 20 with 959 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangel Retires - Official on 15:22 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

It's a long time to only be seeing your kids sporadically. No matter how much money you have and even if it means you can afford to spend more time at home with them thereafter, you cannot ever replace that lost time.

Thanks and best of luck Angel.

Exactly right, Juzzie. My first thought on reading that statement was that Rangel is an utter Gentleman, my second was that he probably won't be coaching for us for the same familial reasons that prompted his retirement from playing.

I'm not generally a fan of ex-players being handed coaching positions based on their character as coaching is an art in its own right. Coaches at a Division 2 Club should have years of experience as well as having the requisite character. It's too dangerous to take a chance on a coaching rookie.

But, in Rangel's case, if he lived closer...it would certainly be tempting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangel Retires - Official on 15:49 - Apr 20 with 943 viewssimmo

Rangel Retires - Official on 15:43 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Exactly right, Juzzie. My first thought on reading that statement was that Rangel is an utter Gentleman, my second was that he probably won't be coaching for us for the same familial reasons that prompted his retirement from playing.

I'm not generally a fan of ex-players being handed coaching positions based on their character as coaching is an art in its own right. Coaches at a Division 2 Club should have years of experience as well as having the requisite character. It's too dangerous to take a chance on a coaching rookie.

But, in Rangel's case, if he lived closer...it would certainly be tempting.

Nah, coaching is easy - anyone can do it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rangel Retires - Official on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 897 viewsflynnbo

A true gentleman. Time to enjoy your family now, Angel and thank you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024