Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 04:34 - Jan 26 with 5898 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Hard to believe that he’s been with us for 2.5 years now, albeit a year of that injured.

How do we think he’s getting on? I see some similarities with Luongo, both good and bad. I do wish he’d push forward more and make more progressive passes rather than defaulting to pass back.

I think he’ll be very important if we’re to make a push.
Luke Amos on 05:39 - Jan 26 with 4323 viewsHooparoo

Luongo was much better. At least he could tackle

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Luke Amos on 07:22 - Jan 26 with 4153 viewsessextaxiboy

Luke Amos on 05:39 - Jan 26 by Hooparoo

Even after two career threatening injuries so early in his career , tackling is the only thing Luongo is anywhere near Amos .

In a team whose plan is to "look after the ball " I cant remember him losing possession last night . I thought he had an really good game.

Without the knee problems , he would be playing at a level Luongo has never got near ..IMO
Luke Amos on 07:22 - Jan 26 with 4148 viewsbosh67

Blimey are we writing off Luke now?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke Amos on 07:32 - Jan 26 with 4127 viewsnix

Luke Amos on 07:22 - Jan 26 by bosh67

It's obviously his turn for us to throw turnips at...
Luke Amos on 07:34 - Jan 26 with 4111 viewstraininvain

Amos was unlucky not to score last night. I jumped up to celebrate before realising it had hit the post. It was a good driving run and on another night would’ve been the winner.

I’m happy with his overall contribution since returning from a very serious injury. I’m confident he’ll continue to improve under Warburton and the coaching team.
Luke Amos on 07:42 - Jan 26 with 4083 viewsnumptydumpty

Blimey harsh..

Ridiculous comment.

He not a bad little player.
As said nearly got the winner last night. All his own work.
He is a busy individual.

Tackling not bad considering another similar injury and his career could be over ie two spells of over a year out and he only 24.

Two years ago, only options centre midfield were Cameron and Ball.

Our players now include Johansen, Field, Amos, Dozell, Ball, Bettache and Duke..

Loving the positivity Hooparoo. 😆😆😆😆

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Luke Amos on 08:06 - Jan 26 with 4010 viewsdmm

I like Amos and always have done but he has a few issues to overcome.

He's never really established an identity in the team and has greater competition for a role and position than when he first arrived. Hopefully, that challenge will bring out the best in him.

He seems to be taking a long time to get up to speed following his recovery from his latest ACL. Unlike Field, who has regained form after injury quite quickly, Amos is still getting there. Admittedly he's had fewer opportunities.

Whether he'll nail down a place in the starting 11 remains to be seen but for me, he has the ability to do so.
Luke Amos on 09:30 - Jan 26 with 3870 viewsterryb

Perhaps I'm alone with this, but I thought he was one of our best players last night.

Amos & Field were the pick for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 09:39 - Jan 26 with 3842 viewsQPROslo

Wow! Prior to his last injury Amos was our best presser of defences and the most likely to steal the ball with his speed and tackling. He's not really been played in that role since his recent come back, but still see him making some excellent tackles, one yesterday.
Luke Amos on 09:50 - Jan 26 with 3805 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I didn’t notice much good or bad from Luke last night. I thought that Swansea were at their strongest in the position he was playing, but we kept our shape quite well. I felt we didn’t put enough pressure on their back 3 who I felt were vulnerable.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Luke Amos on 09:56 - Jan 26 with 3777 viewsRBlock

Luke Amos on 09:30 - Jan 26 by terryb

Perhaps I'm alone with this, but I thought he was one of our best players last night.

Amos & Field were the pick for me.

I'm with you Terry. I thought Amos looked decent last night. He's energetic and very quick over 5 yards, which made him perfect to shut down Swansea's players and passing angles as they tried to shift it around. Unlucky to be taken off IMO.
Luke Amos on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 3717 viewsLowerloftLad

I rate Amos and for a lad who had such a bad injury. He definitely gets stuck and does make some good tackles..
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 10:27]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Luke Amos on 10:15 - Jan 26 with 3689 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 09:56 - Jan 26 by RBlock

I'm with you Terry. I thought Amos looked decent last night. He's energetic and very quick over 5 yards, which made him perfect to shut down Swansea's players and passing angles as they tried to shift it around. Unlucky to be taken off IMO.

Agree with you and Terry.

Clearly taken off to rest last night, I felt, as he was going well.

Amos may not be one for the big sliding tackle but he intercepts very well, including last night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 10:15 - Jan 26 with 3695 viewsPinnerPaul

Luke Amos on 07:22 - Jan 26 by bosh67

Of course - we didn't win - everyone is fair game this morning!
Luke Amos on 10:55 - Jan 26 with 3609 viewsswisscottage

He spent most of the first half man marking Downes completely out of the game and was key to our high press. That maybe why some people weren't really noticing him too much, whereas I thought the job he was doing was crucial in that first half.

After he went off our high press stopped. It was also noticeable in the second half he stopped man marking Downes who then started to have much more influence on the game.
Luke Amos on 10:59 - Jan 26 with 3590 viewssprocket

I like Amos. Thought he had a good game last night. That shot go in rather than hit the post and everyone would be raving. I think his physicality needs to improve. He's not tall so probably needs to beef up a little but had all the attributes to be a superb player.
Luke Amos on 11:10 - Jan 26 with 3566 viewsAntti_Heinola

Luke Amos on 10:55 - Jan 26 by swisscottage

He spent most of the first half man marking Downes completely out of the game and was key to our high press. That maybe why some people weren't really noticing him too much, whereas I thought the job he was doing was crucial in that first half.

After he went off our high press stopped. It was also noticeable in the second half he stopped man marking Downes who then started to have much more influence on the game.

Had to watch on TV due to bloomin Omicron, but he had a really good game - this is a great observation I think (Swiss's, not mine!). Potentially, he complements Field (excellent last night I thought), who stays deep in a sort of Derry role, while Amos is ;eft to press higher. Early days there, but promising.

Bare bones.

Luke Amos on 11:17 - Jan 26 with 3536 viewsE17hoop

Luke Amos on 10:55 - Jan 26 by swisscottage

Agreed. Would have taken Austin off instead of Amos and played Willock as the 10.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Luke Amos on 11:41 - Jan 26 with 3456 viewsWestbourneR

Luke Amos on 07:22 - Jan 26 by essextaxiboy

Even after two career threatening injuries so early in his career , tackling is the only thing Luongo is anywhere near Amos .

In a team whose plan is to "look after the ball " I cant remember him losing possession last night . I thought he had an really good game.

Without the knee problems , he would be playing at a level Luongo has never got near ..IMO

Agreed. Luongo gave the ball away for fun. He’s not playing in League 1.

Luke is mobile, sharp, a good harrier out of possession and good sharp short passer of the ball. Thought he was excellent along with Field and we noticeably regressed when he went off.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Luke Amos on 12:10 - Jan 26 with 3374 viewsrobith

Was unlucky not to score last night and I thought our shape went to pieces once he went off
Luke Amos on 12:41 - Jan 26 with 3313 viewsR_from_afar

I think Amos can do everything that Luongo can, plus Amos is more energetic, more aware of danger and better at tracking back. I can remember a number of times when Luongo looked like he was struggling with the pace of the game. He didn't always track back well and I felt that if someone got past him, he wouldn't be able to get back at them.

I've been impressed by Amos so far.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Luke Amos on 14:03 - Jan 26 with 3164 viewsDannytheR

Very decent player. Obviously taken both him and the club a while to work out his strengths, some of which probably changed after two nasty-as-it-gets knee injuries. But he's still got great energy and a sense of where to put himself on the field - for all our qualities, we don't have that many players who can press like him. Just needs to have the confidence to drive forward more, which is exactly what he did last night.

Still yeah, if only he was as good as Luongo, now to be found playing for a team in mid-table a league below us...
Luke Amos on 22:37 - Jan 26 with 2949 viewsHooparoo

Luke Amos on 07:42 - Jan 26 by numptydumpty

Blimey harsh..

Ridiculous comment.

He not a bad little player.
As said nearly got the winner last night. All his own work.
He is a busy individual.

Tackling not bad considering another similar injury and his career could be over ie two spells of over a year out and he only 24.

Two years ago, only options centre midfield were Cameron and Ball.

Our players now include Johansen, Field, Amos, Dozell, Ball, Bettache and Duke..

Loving the positivity Hooparoo. 😆😆😆😆

I didn’t say Amos is no good. He’s a very tidy player with a great technique and I’m happy to see him back after two horrendous injuries. The OP compared him to Luongo who I happen to think was better particularly with tackling (regularly topped the championship tackle stats). As an Aussie, I know for a fact that we never seemed to get the Luongo that we see in the national team (for whatever reason) but he was a very effective championship player who unfortunately went to a club on the slide - Sheffield Wed.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Luke Amos on 22:53 - Jan 26 with 2928 viewsStainrod

If the ball had gone another two inches to the right he would have been the hero again.

For me it was very mixed - great run and determination for that shot. And thought he got into the game in its latter stages. But first half he just seemed to waft about after Swansea players without putting a challenge in and was a passenger really.

Still think he has potential but lets face it if he was regularly doing the business we wouldn't be in the market for another attacking, game changing midfielder. He seems to do everything pretty well - but SO FAR there seems to be someone else who does everything he does just a bit better.

There is a player there, you can see that. If he really tried to become the high press, motivational player - as Stef was against West Brom, tho sadly not against Swansea - he could be an important player for us. Can he make himself that player? I hope so.
Luke Amos on 09:47 - Jan 27 with 2717 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Luke seems to be a quiet, more reserved type of character whose confidence has been affected by his injuries and he maybe needs constant praise and encouragement as he builds that confidence back up.

I think he's coming along nicely. We just need a bit of patience and need to remember that mental recovery comes after physical recovery and takes longer for some individuals than others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024