Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bianca Austin 09:24 - Feb 20 with 12485 viewsHayesender

How some people think this sort of behaviour is acceptable is beyond me. If identifiable I'd ban em for life.

Doubt very much they go to games though

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bianca Austin on 09:39 - Feb 20 with 6049 viewsHoopstar

Never thought I'd say this but its getting hard to distinguish between our fanbase and Che***a at times - online and at the ground.

Not regular goers but my partner, mum and a couple mates just won't go to games anymore because wherever you sit there's just anger, homophobia and all other sorts of nonsense from a ,admittedly small, minority.

It's definitely worse online but out ground is not a safe, happy place if you're not a beer drinking, coke snorting fool in my experience atm - minority really starting to affect my enjoyment of the game as well and I'm pretty seasoned to it all. Not what I think of when I think of our lovely club.
Bianca Austin on 09:41 - Feb 20 with 6015 viewstoboboly

Bianca Austin on 09:39 - Feb 20 by Hoopstar

Never thought I'd say this but its getting hard to distinguish between our fanbase and Che***a at times - online and at the ground.

Not regular goers but my partner, mum and a couple mates just won't go to games anymore because wherever you sit there's just anger, homophobia and all other sorts of nonsense from a ,admittedly small, minority.

It's definitely worse online but out ground is not a safe, happy place if you're not a beer drinking, coke snorting fool in my experience atm - minority really starting to affect my enjoyment of the game as well and I'm pretty seasoned to it all. Not what I think of when I think of our lovely club.

I have never heard homophobia or seen coke being done at LR, sit in the Upper Loft but have been other areas for cup games.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bianca Austin on 09:47 - Feb 20 with 5991 viewsStreathamRanger

Bianca Austin on 09:41 - Feb 20 by toboboly

I have never heard homophobia or seen coke being done at LR, sit in the Upper Loft but have been other areas for cup games.

Rent boy song was being sung in X block yesterday. Not by many but a fair number. In general football seems to have an increasing problem with cocaine and anti social behaviour as illustrated by the numbers of people arrested and the shameful scenes at Wembley in the euros. Not sure what the solution to it is.
Bianca Austin on 09:49 - Feb 20 with 5976 viewsHoopstar

Can't avoid it every game in the Ellerslie. Its a big minority but it is always there.

Had two mums begging a group of drunk lads to quit their abuse of the lino yesterday as their kids were there (yes, know there is a family section elsewhere.)
Bianca Austin on 10:08 - Feb 20 with 5843 viewsbosh67

It's so sad that we have an absolute legend at our club. Someone who loves us as a club, as do their family and they have to put up with this. There is so much that is good about us as a club but we do have this toxic minority that seems to bubble all the time. Charlie played pretty well yesterday. He's had quite a bit to deal with with grief recently. It's different and hard for people to get their focus back but he always puts in 100%. The goals will come but everyone has to get behind him, and his family. He is a proper legend of our modern history. He and his family deserve better than having his kids called names.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bianca Austin on 10:12 - Feb 20 with 5800 viewsLongsufferingR

I have to say she deals with this embarrassing (regular) shyte in a much more calm and composed way than I would in the same circumstances. If these cowards had to put up with the same sort of abuse in their place of work, they would be crying all the way to the employment tribunal.
Bianca Austin on 10:57 - Feb 20 with 5622 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What did people say to her kids? Was this online or at LR?
Bianca Austin on 10:59 - Feb 20 with 5615 viewsdavman

Bianca Austin on 09:47 - Feb 20 by StreathamRanger

Rent boy song was being sung in X block yesterday. Not by many but a fair number. In general football seems to have an increasing problem with cocaine and anti social behaviour as illustrated by the numbers of people arrested and the shameful scenes at Wembley in the euros. Not sure what the solution to it is.

"Let him Die" when Matt Ingram on the floor from the Upper Loft was particularly disappointing.

Similar to the unnecessary anti-Derby songs at Pboro' in the cup. Leaves an unnecessary bad taste in the mouth.

Maybe its a generational thing, but we do seem to have more idiotic behaviour in recent years. Of course every club has them, so maybe it is just society and maybe in my day alcohol did the same thing, but it can be a little uncomfortable...

Charlie was shite yesterday and has been pretty shite all season bar Everton at home, but he'll know that. Saying ANYTHING to Bianca and the kids is just idiotic and not what I'd like to see at our club.

Incidentally, I noticed that he put up a tweet last night and then deleted it pretty quick criticising the crowd's backing; something along the lines of "nice to see the fans getting behind us" with a laughing emoji.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Bianca Austin on 11:02 - Feb 20 with 5595 viewsNorthernr

QPR Twitter is utterly toxic at the moment. Sad to see and read.

One of the things about the abuse going Austin's way, and Johansen's, is it's from a lot of the same accounts that were absolutely hammering the club to do the deals at all costs in the first place.
Bianca Austin on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 5556 viewsParkRoyalR

Bianca Austin on 10:59 - Feb 20 by davman

"Let him Die" when Matt Ingram on the floor from the Upper Loft was particularly disappointing.

Similar to the unnecessary anti-Derby songs at Pboro' in the cup. Leaves an unnecessary bad taste in the mouth.

Maybe its a generational thing, but we do seem to have more idiotic behaviour in recent years. Of course every club has them, so maybe it is just society and maybe in my day alcohol did the same thing, but it can be a little uncomfortable...

Charlie was shite yesterday and has been pretty shite all season bar Everton at home, but he'll know that. Saying ANYTHING to Bianca and the kids is just idiotic and not what I'd like to see at our club.

Incidentally, I noticed that he put up a tweet last night and then deleted it pretty quick criticising the crowd's backing; something along the lines of "nice to see the fans getting behind us" with a laughing emoji.

Re Austin's deleted tweet, not a great idea to make a snide comment and provoke our idiot minority after they've been on the beer / gear all day, especially after yet another abject performance where you're fitness / sharpness / inability to even get in the box has been once again exposed.

Unfortunately solution for players and their wives / girlfriends is to minimise their use of and exposure to this minority on social media.
Bianca Austin on 11:11 - Feb 20 with 5528 viewsNorthernr

Bianca Austin on 11:08 - Feb 20 by ParkRoyalR

Re Austin's deleted tweet, not a great idea to make a snide comment and provoke our idiot minority after they've been on the beer / gear all day, especially after yet another abject performance where you're fitness / sharpness / inability to even get in the box has been once again exposed.

Unfortunately solution for players and their wives / girlfriends is to minimise their use of and exposure to this minority on social media.

I agree on both points. It's a shame though because Bianca in particular uses that platform for an immense amount of good, charity work, fundraising, helping QPR fans etc.
Bianca Austin on 11:11 - Feb 20 with 5522 viewsted_hendrix

Cowards, plain and simple.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bianca Austin on 11:13 - Feb 20 with 5507 viewsRangersw12

We have some proper divs on Facebook/Twitter and they're not kids either

Mostly in their 50's, grey haired and fat. I'm convinced these people don't go to games though and just spend their sad little lives spouting bile on the net as nobody in the real world will give them the time of day

At the games support has been fantastic this season and hopefully the players appreciate that rather than mugs spouting nonsense on the net
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 11:14]
Bianca Austin on 11:18 - Feb 20 with 5455 viewsjoe90

Bianca Austin on 10:59 - Feb 20 by davman

There’s was booing in the upper loft at half time and bit after the game, but I’m sure that was directed at the officials not the players.

I noticed fans getting very frustrated at our constant passing back, but as soon as I hear their alternative ideas I know they just don’t understand football and are driven by pure emotion.

There’s a complete lack of perspective from some fans and wildly unrealistic expectations. They somehow believe we’re going suddenly play completely differently to the way that’s got us to 4th in the league or a particular player would have miraculously got their running up to Olympic standard in the time between the last game.

Facebook and Twitter are toxic, I don’t use them or pay any attention to what these cranks have to say.
Bianca Austin on 11:42 - Feb 20 with 5334 viewsManinBlack

I have always blamed social media for the decline in behaviour in that it gives everyone their chance to mouth off and slate others. You can be a very laid back person and would not hurt a fly but you still get subjected to bile comments.

I only contribute on here and don't bother with twa@@er and face ache having seen typical vitriolic postings to put me off. Brexit and covid appears to have made it even worse and now you have woke and anti woke clashes online. Sadly there are elements of society who seem to be on a full time mission to attack others with different opinions.

In the past fans could single out a boo boy on the pitch but once the game was over it was done and they would have to continue the rant in the pub. Nowadays they can follow it up on social media particularly if those players have social media accounts. Most clubs supporters have more than one forum as well so even more avenues to attack an individual player.

Sadly I see no end to it unless social media collapses which I don't see happening. Any attempt to moderate the language brings cries of freedom of speech in a democracy etc. Social media has emboldened people to express their views in public places and we are getting to the point where the toss of a coin would lead to toxicity between pro heads and pro tails supporters.
Bianca Austin on 12:56 - Feb 20 with 5107 viewsellersliehoop

Bianca Austin on 10:08 - Feb 20 by bosh67

It's so sad that we have an absolute legend at our club. Someone who loves us as a club, as do their family and they have to put up with this. There is so much that is good about us as a club but we do have this toxic minority that seems to bubble all the time. Charlie played pretty well yesterday. He's had quite a bit to deal with with grief recently. It's different and hard for people to get their focus back but he always puts in 100%. The goals will come but everyone has to get behind him, and his family. He is a proper legend of our modern history. He and his family deserve better than having his kids called names.

Our style of football is not suited to Charlie's strengths. He needs the ball put into the penalty area. Instead we pass, pass and pass. If you want decent balls into the box he will still score goals. He may not be the player he was but he's better than what we're seeing currently
Bianca Austin on 13:02 - Feb 20 with 5079 viewsthehat

Real shame reading some of the stuff on Twitter

Was disappointed with Charlie’s tweet to kick it all off - He really should know better especially as the few hours after a match with a disappointing result is a very emotional time for everyone.

Personally I think Charlie has become lazy and complacent since he got his two year deal and is probably only functioning at 75% of what level he could be playing at which is very disappointing. However I would never send any nasty direct messages to him and Bianca is a true star in everything she does for our club.

Just wish Charlie could knuckle down and go up a level or two.
Bianca Austin on 13:02 - Feb 20 with 5072 viewskensalriser

We're not really going to pretend that back in the day it was all very proper and civilised and lovey-dovey at football matches, are we? Plentiful racist chants, endless moronic chants about violence and serious disorder and actual violence in and out of the ground on a routine basis. And then there's the open urinating on the terraces...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bianca Austin on 13:05 - Feb 20 with 5051 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 12:56 - Feb 20 by ellersliehoop

Our style of football is not suited to Charlie's strengths. He needs the ball put into the penalty area. Instead we pass, pass and pass. If you want decent balls into the box he will still score goals. He may not be the player he was but he's better than what we're seeing currently

It suited him last season, and it hasn't really changed. I feel for him. He had a slow start, a death in the family that clearly affected him tremendously, and he just hasn't been able to build any momentum at all.
I hardly follow any QPR fans on twitter and stay insulated from the nonsense, but it is incredibly depressing. I walked out yesterday knowing that Austin would get a load of abuse on social media. If I was a player, I'd just come off it. It's not worth the hassle.

I'd be interested in any sort of initiative that shows the majority of fans reject this type of behaviour because it must feel at times to those on the receiving end that all fans think this way. They tar all of us with their embarrassing toxicity.

Bare bones.

Bianca Austin on 13:09 - Feb 20 with 5006 viewsellersliehoop

Bianca Austin on 13:05 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

It suited him last season, and it hasn't really changed. I feel for him. He had a slow start, a death in the family that clearly affected him tremendously, and he just hasn't been able to build any momentum at all.
I hardly follow any QPR fans on twitter and stay insulated from the nonsense, but it is incredibly depressing. I walked out yesterday knowing that Austin would get a load of abuse on social media. If I was a player, I'd just come off it. It's not worth the hassle.

I'd be interested in any sort of initiative that shows the majority of fans reject this type of behaviour because it must feel at times to those on the receiving end that all fans think this way. They tar all of us with their embarrassing toxicity.

Taking yesterday as an example.....

I can recall one cross into the box in the first half he headed just wide. Apart from that we didn't offer him any service whatsoever.

I'm not sure Harry Kane would score that many with our style of play
Bianca Austin on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 4966 viewsCiderwithRsie

Utterly disgusting that people think that it's OK to take out their views about a player on his partner and kids, and I'd say exactly the same if it was a player I despised (insert Barton/Boswinga comparison here)

As it happens I also think that while it's perfectly legit to criticise the play of Austin and Johansen - though none of us know the detail of their fitness or off-the-field issues - it's complete hypocrisy when everyone was screaming for us to sign them at any price last year.

I only hope the Austins have some idea of the views and behaviour of normal fans. I guess it's up to the rest of us to show appropriate support.
Bianca Austin on 13:21 - Feb 20 with 4932 viewsLanhoop

Bianca Austin on 13:09 - Feb 20 by ellersliehoop

I can recall one cross into the box in the first half he headed just wide. Apart from that we didn't offer him any service whatsoever.

Agree, Charlie had very little service yesterday and while a few things he tried didn't come off he didn't hide and I thought worked a lot harder than perhaps he has done recently. Absolutely no reason for anyone to coat him off.

Expectation seems to do dreadful things to some people who follow our team.
Bianca Austin on 13:22 - Feb 20 with 4913 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bianca Austin on 09:47 - Feb 20 by StreathamRanger

There was a whole article on the issue in the Guardian yesterday - it's a problem across English football right now (don't know about Scotland). I was actually pleased to read the article because it suggested people are starting to be more aware of it.

Sadly I don't know what the answer is either, but I think it's linked to the bubbling anger that I find across the board in this country now. You can see it even in a fairly civilised place like this site, where 5-10 years ago political threads were generally quite interesting exchanges of views, but have now become utterly toxic and unreadable.
Bianca Austin on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 4903 viewsrobith

Twitter is always suggesting QPR tweets for me, and they're always dead nasty, from another dimension, and only seem to tweet when we lose/underperform.

Tons of dead obvious sock puppets whose RTs are filled with endless pro brexit stuff - saw one guy last night saying "arguing with QPR fans is like arguing with a liberal" like wtaf has that got to do with playing Willock on the left??

Makes me worry about evening mentioning QPR on socials let you get set upon
Bianca Austin on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 4893 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bianca Austin on 13:09 - Feb 20 by ellersliehoop

There were loads of crosses into the box, but Charlie's movement was not great all game, mainly concerned with muscling the defender than focusing on the ball. Great that Illy scored, but last season Charlie would have been putting that one in. It's very hard to give someone 'service' if they're not showing for it properly.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024