Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All going well for Fat Frank 21:25 - Mar 7 with 10031 viewsBlackCrowe

How he ever got that gig after failing with an embarrassment of resources at Derby and Chels***. Always liked Everton, feel for them.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

All going well for Fat Frank on 21:31 - Mar 7 with 5562 viewsCamberleyR

Finishing the job that should have happened 28 years ago if it hadn't had been for Wimbledon and dodgy Hans Segers. No one will convince me that game wasn't bent.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

All going well for Fat Frank on 21:35 - Mar 7 with 5550 viewsDannyPaddox

Son & Kane looking very glam this evening.
All going well for Fat Frank on 21:55 - Mar 7 with 5442 viewsMrSheen

Has the sticky-tape banner been recycled yet?
All going well for Fat Frank on 22:01 - Mar 7 with 5411 viewsLimerickR

I thought they had turned a corner against Boreham Wood
All going well for Fat Frank on 22:05 - Mar 7 with 5375 viewsPlanetHonneywood

All going well for Fat Frank on 22:01 - Mar 7 by LimerickR

I thought they had turned a corner against Boreham Wood

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

All going well for Fat Frank on 00:09 - Mar 8 with 5150 viewsToast_R

I fully expect them to get two quickfire wins and condemn Burnley to relegation but having looked at their respective run-ins, you'd take Burnelys all day long. Everton are in serious sh*t. New Stadium around the corner, could be a huge problem if the Premier League money disappears. Their wage bill must be high too with the dross they've been signing (including the managers).
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 0:15]
All going well for Fat Frank on 01:07 - Mar 8 with 5070 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I already posted this but I watched an excellent interview with Frank conducted by Gary Nevill and he said he was not close to ready for Chelsea .
Derby was fine ,he was an English International player and commanded respect from mostly journeyman players.
Chelsea had 16 or something full Internationals in their squad and he was unable to reach them .
Everton is similar but the fact there is no manager bounce is surprising .
I bet Rooney is saying a quick prayer every night he steered clear of that mess
All going well for Fat Frank on 05:49 - Mar 8 with 4972 viewsNorthantsHoop

Top class players very rarely seem to make the grade as top class managers, but there are a few exceptions. It seems to require a different skillset to just being exceptional on the pitch to being a leader off the pitch. The best ones tend to be those that have a grounding in all aspects of the management process not just being an exceptional player in the past. Only time will tell if Lampard will make the difficult transition from top player to a top manager. His main problem could be the high profile of the jobs he has taken at Chelsea and Everton, too much expectation and no time to build a reputation and make the transition.
Login to get fewer ads

All going well for Fat Frank on 09:30 - Mar 8 with 4698 viewsCamberleyR

Their wage bill is horrendous. At the end of the 2019-20 season it was £165m with a wages to turnover ratio of about 85% and this was before James Rodriguez and his reported £200k a week wages were added. In the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons combined they lost a quarter of a billion pounds. They're in serious trouble if they go down.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-accounts-ja

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

All going well for Fat Frank on 09:57 - Mar 8 with 4638 viewsterryb

And it shouldn't be ignored that they have lost their main money man.

How they can possibly afford a new stadium without the funding from their Russian "investor" is beyond me. Or where the cash for purchasing players will come from.
All going well for Fat Frank on 11:17 - Mar 8 with 4517 viewseastside_r

You have got to wonder who is making the football decisions there. Despite our obvious enmity of FF, he was at best unproven (at worst quite shit) with his previous experience especially in the Premier League. Yet he was lauded at Everton and by large sections of the media as some kind of obvious saviour.

He may turn out to be a decent manager, but that is very far from certain at the moment.

IMO Everton are in big trouble this season. I suspect they will survive but it’s going to be close run thing.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 11:18]
All going well for Fat Frank on 11:23 - Mar 8 with 4465 viewsrobith

Match was on in the pub last night as I was playing darts, Everton were an absolute rabble. Legit could've been 9-0
All going well for Fat Frank on 11:27 - Mar 8 with 4458 viewsHarbour

“Frank Lampards Everton”
All going well for Fat Frank on 11:29 - Mar 8 with 4449 viewseastside_r

All going well for Fat Frank on 11:23 - Mar 8 by robith

Match was on in the pub last night as I was playing darts, Everton were an absolute rabble. Legit could've been 9-0

Yes, lucky to get nil.
All going well for Fat Frank on 11:40 - Mar 8 with 4404 viewsCFW

Fat Frank and Ashley Cole - what a right win double
All going well for Fat Frank on 12:02 - Mar 8 with 4350 viewsted_hendrix

Maybe fatty Frank should try taking his squad to the church in the corner of Goodison park before the next home game?

OMG.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

All going well for Fat Frank on 12:17 - Mar 8 with 4287 viewsBlue_Castello

All going well for Fat Frank on 01:07 - Mar 8 by CLAREMAN1995

I already posted this but I watched an excellent interview with Frank conducted by Gary Nevill and he said he was not close to ready for Chelsea .
Derby was fine ,he was an English International player and commanded respect from mostly journeyman players.
Chelsea had 16 or something full Internationals in their squad and he was unable to reach them .

That's the point Derby was fine, he should of learned from that lesson and waited for an offer from a Championship team, he needs to cut his teeth at a lower level, the fact he thinks he can hit the ground running at Premiership level without the experience is just crazy......
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 12:18]
All going well for Fat Frank on 15:36 - Mar 8 with 4059 viewsHayesender

I think I read somewhere when he was interviewed for the Norwich job, he couldn't even name the Norwich players.

Probably thought because of his reputation in the game, his name would just get him the job.

Arrogant Chelsea t wat

Poll: Shamima Beghum

All going well for Fat Frank on 15:39 - Mar 8 with 4044 viewsstowmarketrange

All going well for Fat Frank on 12:17 - Mar 8 by Blue_Castello

That's the point Derby was fine, he should of learned from that lesson and waited for an offer from a Championship team, he needs to cut his teeth at a lower level, the fact he thinks he can hit the ground running at Premiership level without the experience is just crazy......
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 12:18]

I bet the Everton fans who displayed banners are happy to have him there.
All going well for Fat Frank on 15:48 - Mar 8 with 4001 viewsfrancisbowles

All going well for Fat Frank on 15:39 - Mar 8 by stowmarketrange

I bet the Everton fans who displayed banners are happy to have him there.

Did they pick them up on ebay from the Chel**** fans who made them?
All going well for Fat Frank on 16:04 - Mar 8 with 3955 viewsJuzzie

If he's really serious about carving out a career in football management (which could potentially be at least 20 years) you'd think maybe starting a couple of divisions down would be the right place to start and build up from there.

Or is it just about getting lucrative contracts before your 'name' becomes consigned to history?

Only time will tell I guess.
All going well for Fat Frank on 16:18 - Mar 8 with 3908 viewsManinBlack

I find it understandable that he went straight from Derby into a bigger job at Chelsea as a former player. If you have a feeling for an old club and are offered a role then I would expect them to take it. I was happy when former players like Venables and Francis became our managers irrespective of their managerial experience.

I have no doubt if Gerrard is offered the Liverpool job he would take it rather like Solksjaer at United. Gerrard started at Rangers, a huge Scottish club and was doing OK, and he seems to be settling in at Villa. He knows he won't win the Premiership at Villa, unlike the SPL in Glasgow, but he felt he would be tested more in the Premiership presumably because he hopes Liverpool will come calling one day if Villa is a reasonable success.

Whilst I have Evertonian relatives I think they are overdue relegation but I have no doubt they would go straight back up with or without Lampard.
All going well for Fat Frank on 17:27 - Mar 8 with 3781 viewsbarbicanranger

All going well for Fat Frank on 01:07 - Mar 8 by CLAREMAN1995

I listened to that podcast as well and frankly I found his clean and clear list of excuses why each role hadn't quite worked out and the fact it wasn't down to him pretty cringe. He's a smart lad so has the ability to spin the chat but you cannot polish a ...
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 17:28]
All going well for Fat Frank on 19:33 - Mar 8 with 3571 viewsdezzar

Apparently his Uncle Harry was on Talksh*te slagging off the Everton players , not Franks fault at all
All going well for Fat Frank on 23:16 - Mar 8 with 3356 viewsDamo1962

I believe along with Arsenal, they have never been relegated. Always a first 🙂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024