Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham release 14 players 21:54 - May 23 with 5137 viewsbosh67

Alfie Mawson one of them. Quite a decent centre back, I think?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fulham release 14 players on 22:05 - May 23 with 4239 viewsstowmarketrange

Cue another £100+ million spend then.Team spirit thrown out of the window as the players that won the championship at a canter weren’t good enough.
Also cue Forest putting in a bid for all 14 as they’re down to the bare bones with a squad of only 50 players.
Fulham release 14 players on 22:05 - May 23 with 4235 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Seems to have had a lot of injury problems and happy to be an expensive bit-part in most of the clubs he's played at.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fulham release 14 players on 22:12 - May 23 with 4187 viewsDannyPaddox

They’ve released Wildbore. The crazy fools.
Fulham release 14 players on 22:37 - May 23 with 4017 viewsQPR_Hibs

Fulham release 14 players on 22:12 - May 23 by DannyPaddox

They’ve released Wildbore. The crazy fools.

Had to Google him as I thought this was one of your clever gags. Seems to have similar stats to Ramkilde.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Fulham release 14 players on 22:38 - May 23 with 4000 viewsKonk

Alfie Mawson has had a nightmare with injuries for most of his career and sadly I can’t see that changing after his time with us and out on loan at Bristol City.

Of the players that were released, Seri is the only one you might question, and although he was often brilliant in the Championship, he would probably struggle with the intensity of the Premier League. Carvalho to Liverpool for £5m is a gutter, but there’s a 20% sell-on clause which may yet earn us a few bob. Don’t think we have bundles to spend this summer, so we really do need Tony Khan/the club to get it right this time.

Our released players (Seri being the only regular)

Cyrus Christie
Fabri
Michael Hector
Alfie Mawson
Jean Michaël Seri
Timmy Abraham
Jacob Adams
Eric Ameyaw
Xavier Benjamin
Tyler Caton
Jerome Opoku
Jonathon Page
Julian Schwarzer
Jaylan Wildbore

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham release 14 players on 23:12 - May 23 with 3833 viewsDannytheR

Hector would be one I'd be looking to bring in, given we may be losing Barbet with an outside chance Dickie could go too.
Fulham release 14 players on 00:22 - May 24 with 3669 viewsLblock

Fulham release 14 players on 22:38 - May 23 by Konk

Alfie Mawson has had a nightmare with injuries for most of his career and sadly I can’t see that changing after his time with us and out on loan at Bristol City.

Of the players that were released, Seri is the only one you might question, and although he was often brilliant in the Championship, he would probably struggle with the intensity of the Premier League. Carvalho to Liverpool for £5m is a gutter, but there’s a 20% sell-on clause which may yet earn us a few bob. Don’t think we have bundles to spend this summer, so we really do need Tony Khan/the club to get it right this time.

Our released players (Seri being the only regular)

Cyrus Christie
Fabri
Michael Hector
Alfie Mawson
Jean Michaël Seri
Timmy Abraham
Jacob Adams
Eric Ameyaw
Xavier Benjamin
Tyler Caton
Jerome Opoku
Jonathon Page
Julian Schwarzer
Jaylan Wildbore

We were linked with Hector before weren’t we? From what I recall seeing in the past he was a very good left sided centre back with pace. It’s a yes from me!!

Also, I’ve always rated Christie.

Those two would be on my shopping list for certain

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fulham release 14 players on 00:23 - May 24 with 3674 viewsNorthernr

I mean just on a 'where we at' vs 'where they at' - that's Fulham ditching about £100m+ worth of transfer fee and wages on a free transfer right there.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham release 14 players on 06:11 - May 24 with 3443 viewsKonk

Fulham release 14 players on 00:23 - May 24 by Northernr

I mean just on a 'where we at' vs 'where they at' - that's Fulham ditching about £100m+ worth of transfer fee and wages on a free transfer right there.

Yeah, £55-60m of transfer fees and an insane amount on wages well spent there…

Christie is decent for the Championship, and Hector was initially very good, but hasn’t impressed at all when given a chance over the past couple of seasons. Could be salvageable, though, unlike poor old Mawson, who would be a massive risk due to injuries.

Fulham release 14 players on 07:20 - May 24 with 3309 viewsdistortR

Yeah but.....it doesn't reflect well on their past transfer policy .
We , on the other hand, are keeping it real.
We, are keeping it "Shit but local".
Fulham release 14 players on 08:04 - May 24 with 3164 viewsstevec

I don’t know the ins and outs but why was Carvalho allowed to go for £5 mill?
Fulham release 14 players on 08:04 - May 24 with 3174 viewsRs_Holy

Fulham release 14 players on 07:20 - May 24 by distortR

Yeah but.....it doesn't reflect well on their past transfer policy .
We , on the other hand, are keeping it real.
We, are keeping it "Shit but local".

They sang "Queens Park Rangers.... you'll always be sh*t".... I think they could be right based on those figures :( ... I suppose Huddersfield have got to the playoff final on a tiny budget?
Fulham release 14 players on 08:16 - May 24 with 3143 viewsdistortR

Fulham release 14 players on 08:04 - May 24 by stevec

contract expired, it would have gone to tribunal if a fee wasn't agreed.

or

"You belong to us, you just don't know it yet" top talent premiership clause
Fulham release 14 players on 08:58 - May 24 with 3034 viewsKonk

Out of contract. I think there’s another £2.5m of potential add-on’s, but the 20% sell-on clause may well earn us a few bob at some point.

Fulham release 14 players on 09:00 - May 24 with 3026 viewsEsox_Lucius

L'pool offered £5m for him in Jan window but the deal never went through. He would have gone on a free but it appears the L'pool have offered £5m as a gesture of good faith. This makes no sense at all.

The grass is always greener.

Fulham release 14 players on 09:09 - May 24 with 2987 viewsKonk

Fulham release 14 players on 09:00 - May 24 by Esox_Lucius

L'pool offered £5m for him in Jan window but the deal never went through. He would have gone on a free but it appears the L'pool have offered £5m as a gesture of good faith. This makes no sense at all.

As DistortR says, it’s more to avoid a tribunal than LFC being generous.

Fulham release 14 players on 09:13 - May 24 with 2982 viewsToast_R

Fulham release 14 players on 08:04 - May 24 by Rs_Holy

They sang "Queens Park Rangers.... you'll always be sh*t".... I think they could be right based on those figures :( ... I suppose Huddersfield have got to the playoff final on a tiny budget?

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but didn't Huddersfield have two recent seasons in the Premier League and likely still have parachute payments?
Fulham release 14 players on 09:32 - May 24 with 2937 viewsTheChef

Er yeah - I can't see us signing any of these without them taking a massive pay cut.

And I suppose that's even with the Austin money freed up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fulham release 14 players on 09:45 - May 24 with 2903 viewsdmm

Fulham release 14 players on 09:13 - May 24 by Toast_R

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but didn't Huddersfield have two recent seasons in the Premier League and likely still have parachute payments?

Huddersfield were in the Prem in 2017/18 and 2018/19 so have just finished 3 seasons in the Championship with last season being the final one they receive a parachute payment.
Fulham release 14 players on 10:43 - May 24 with 2764 viewsCamberleyR

Fulham release 14 players on 09:45 - May 24 by dmm

Huddersfield were in the Prem in 2017/18 and 2018/19 so have just finished 3 seasons in the Championship with last season being the final one they receive a parachute payment.

A good chunk of that parachute money went on servicing a bank loan debt as soon as they were relegated.

This article, primarily about Burnley references it.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/23/burnley-may-face-bleak-future-u

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Fulham release 14 players on 11:03 - May 24 with 2713 viewsDannyPaddox

Isn’t the low price on the Carvalho deal something to do with his age (19) and/ or the fact he’s come up through the Fulham system? Maybe £5m is the max you can spend on a Youth player. Some rule brought in to prevent the exploitation of minors (seriously) and of course nothing to do with big teams getting top talent on the cheap. I can’t remember the in and outs of it but a Fulham mate told me about this deal a while ago and it just sounded a typically dysfunctional modern football scenario totally weighted in the big fish’s favour.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 11:04]
Fulham release 14 players on 11:53 - May 24 with 2548 viewsed_83

Feel like Cyrus Christie would be an upgrade on Odubajo, albeit older than we'd like, but it looks like Forest are already in for him. Oh well.
Fulham release 14 players on 18:25 - May 24 with 2245 viewsPinnerPaul

Soooooo none of the 14 got to say goodbye to the fans, unsettling for the dressing room, Warbs right, Les wrong , Free Barbet, etc etc etc

Yet another club, and there are loads to come, issue released players names after us!
Fulham release 14 players on 19:45 - May 24 with 2066 viewsLazyFan

John Swift is clearly waiting for the call to Florist on mega monies.

If they go up, he signs, if they don't they sell Johnson and then sign him.
Either way Swift wins!

How do I know?
Timmy Truth told me down the Red Lion so it must be gospel.

zzzzzzzzzz

Fulham release 14 players on 08:33 - May 25 with 1781 viewsterryb

Fulham release 14 players on 18:25 - May 24 by PinnerPaul

Soooooo none of the 14 got to say goodbye to the fans, unsettling for the dressing room, Warbs right, Les wrong , Free Barbet, etc etc etc

Yet another club, and there are loads to come, issue released players names after us!

Give it a rest Paul.

We know you disagreed with some of us, but you are making yourself look petty by continually referring to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024