Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing 15:51 - Feb 6 with 55458 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club just teasing a new signing on twitter...

must be an out of contract player?

Bare bones.

New Signing on 22:20 - Feb 8 with 3670 viewsdavman

New Signing on 17:15 - Feb 7 by Blue_Castello

Interesting people keep bringing up Manning he's currently refusing to sign a contract extension at Swansea even though Russell Martin says it's a good deal, the players have all the power these days and their agents do all the negotiating,
We don't know any of the finer details in respect of Manning and BOS but it's always the agents pushing for more money...

....but this is the norm now, right? Crazy to think people believe that Willock, Chair and others will sign a new contract when they undoubtedly will get more elsewhere especially if they run their contract down.

We need to plan to have the players for the duration of their contract and be done with it as the days of fees for anyone other than that once-in-a-generation talent we sold to PalARSE.

Face it, that's the future as is League One.

...unless FFP disappears (unlikely) and our owners want to spend again (equally unlikely).

**sigh**

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Signing on 22:27 - Feb 8 with 3658 viewseghamranger

New Signing on 22:11 - Feb 8 by Burnleyhoop

But he is as slow as a cart horse….

He’s not quick, but he can hold the ball up and is experienced, think him and Lowe could work quite well.

Defenders would be worried if him and Dykes were both upfront
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:46 - Feb 9 with 3491 viewsjohncharles

New Signing on 22:27 - Feb 8 by eghamranger

He’s not quick, but he can hold the ball up and is experienced, think him and Lowe could work quite well.

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:46 - Feb 9 with 3491 viewsjohncharles

New Signing on 22:27 - Feb 8 by eghamranger

Strong and stable my arse.

New Signing on 04:34 - Feb 9 with 3446 viewsQPROslo

New Signing on 22:07 - Feb 8 by Hunterhoop

Yes, I get the short term logic. That simply isn’t how you build an ethos, identity, and long term success. Making short term decisions always seems logical in the short term, and may even bring success in the short term, but the more you focus on the short term, the more you lose sight of the long term and the bigger picture. It is poor leadership.

And it is equally bad leadership to do the opposite, lose sight of the near term by being blinded by long term visions of grandeur. Take care of today, tomorrow may never happen, and if it does we might find it early May in League 1.
New Signing on 06:47 - Feb 9 with 3369 viewsHunterhoop

New Signing on 04:34 - Feb 9 by QPROslo

And it is equally bad leadership to do the opposite, lose sight of the near term by being blinded by long term visions of grandeur. Take care of today, tomorrow may never happen, and if it does we might find it early May in League 1.

Well, that’s where we disagree. I think that is completely wrong and isn’t a standard interpretation of leadership and strategic thinking. It’s yours, but I don’t agree with it.

Vision - Mission - Strategy - Tactics

It flows down. Strategy is “how” you achieve your mission. Tactics are the day to day actions within your strategic themes, that align with those strategies.

We are departing from what we’re told our strategies are (which I’ve outlined before). In business, or politics, really any form of leadership, if your tactics don’t align with your strategies you tend to fail. You certainly create confusion. This often slows down your progression to achieving your mission.

Perhaps our strategies are wrong. Perhaps short term signings and expenditure on assets with no resale or asset value is something we should be doing to be competitive. As I have explained I understand the reasons for the signing. I’m not an idiot and I want him to succeed. The issue is it is not a strategy the club have previously said we have or should have. It’s the inconsistency that is my issue. That is the poor leadership.

As, I should add, is both Hoos’ and Ferdinand’s failure to sell an inspiring vision for the club over the last 9 months or so. As someone who has backed them a lot, I think they’ve gone quiet here and it’s poor. They are quick to flag the challenges but they still need to motivate and “show the way”.
New Signing on 07:03 - Feb 9 with 3347 viewsPunteR

There's been a lot of questions recently about what's happening behind the scenes.
Regardless of the Chris Martin situation.
It's just another flag up that things are not quite right with our whole strategy and squad building.
3 or 4 years ago I dint think anyone would bat an eye lid to this type of signing but now you have to question it. 2 seasons in a row we've sat top of the table and been the best team in the league. But we can't sustain it. Whys that? We should have a decent squad by now . Consolidation was the buz word 6/7 years ago. To not have decent strikers at this stage is shabby. Let's not forget Dykes hasn't really been pulling up trees either.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Signing on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 3194 viewsSimplyNico

14 pages on this. Wow. 'Sign an effing striker. "" No, not that one. "
Login to get fewer ads

New Signing on 09:08 - Feb 9 with 3078 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 08:38 - Feb 9 by SimplyNico

14 pages on this. Wow. 'Sign an effing striker. "" No, not that one. "

most of the posts on this thread have been about how we've ended up needing to sign this kind of striker rather than complaining that he's no good
New Signing on 09:26 - Feb 9 with 3048 viewsJamesB1979

New Signing on 12:40 - Feb 8 by connell10

I'm waiting with bated breath on Clives take on this ......must be coming soon.?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 12:42]

Think it speaks volumes that he hasn’t. To be honest when he and posters like DaveB aren’t happy about a signing, decision, where club is going……then I get really worried. Normally Clive and posters like DaveB get me back from the edge, as their posts are balanced and fair and supportive of club.
New Signing on 09:36 - Feb 9 with 3009 viewseastside_r

New Signing on 09:26 - Feb 9 by JamesB1979

Think it speaks volumes that he hasn’t. To be honest when he and posters like DaveB aren’t happy about a signing, decision, where club is going……then I get really worried. Normally Clive and posters like DaveB get me back from the edge, as their posts are balanced and fair and supportive of club.

From his initial reaction, I can't believe that Clive will let this pass without comment.

I expect this to be covered in the Millwall preview.
New Signing on 10:15 - Feb 9 with 2947 viewsterryb

New Signing on 06:47 - Feb 9 by Hunterhoop

Well, that’s where we disagree. I think that is completely wrong and isn’t a standard interpretation of leadership and strategic thinking. It’s yours, but I don’t agree with it.

It flows down. Strategy is “how” you achieve your mission. Tactics are the day to day actions within your strategic themes, that align with those strategies.

We are departing from what we’re told our strategies are (which I’ve outlined before). In business, or politics, really any form of leadership, if your tactics don’t align with your strategies you tend to fail. You certainly create confusion. This often slows down your progression to achieving your mission.

Perhaps our strategies are wrong. Perhaps short term signings and expenditure on assets with no resale or asset value is something we should be doing to be competitive. As I have explained I understand the reasons for the signing. I’m not an idiot and I want him to succeed. The issue is it is not a strategy the club have previously said we have or should have. It’s the inconsistency that is my issue. That is the poor leadership.

As, I should add, is both Hoos’ and Ferdinand’s failure to sell an inspiring vision for the club over the last 9 months or so. As someone who has backed them a lot, I think they’ve gone quiet here and it’s poor. They are quick to flag the challenges but they still need to motivate and “show the way”.

I've replied to Hunter, but this is not aimed at him.

I do agree with you Hunter, but shouldn't all of this have been said when we signed Lowe on loan? And the other four loanees as well?

We can't be selective & criticise the club for signing Martin if we accepted the others without pointing a figure. The argument that Armstrong is being held up is valid, but most on this board were happy that Kakay was being kept out of the team by Laird. Again, I expect many would answer that Kakay is shit, all he has is effort. Tim is better than Bettache so he must play etc. All of this may apply to Armstrong as well.

Personally, I would be far happier if we never made a loan signing & sank or swam with our own, following the Bristol City route. I can't accept that it is ok to hold up player A but not player B.

Where we definitely agree, is that Hoos & Ferdinand certainly need to explain why they/the club state one thing & then carry out the opposite!
New Signing on 10:28 - Feb 9 with 2917 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 09:26 - Feb 9 by JamesB1979

I should say for balance I think Martin is alright and will probably do well for us. I'm more annoyed at why we've got into this position to need to sign him than the fact we have.
New Signing on 11:24 - Feb 9 with 2830 viewsNorthernr

New Signing on 09:36 - Feb 9 by eastside_r

From his initial reaction, I can't believe that Clive will let this pass without comment.

I expect this to be covered in the Millwall preview.

Yeh I guess I'll do it as the preview intro.

TBH, behind the curtain, I've got a huge amount going on atm, trying to sell my house after the mortgage exploded on me and that sale has become mired in a legal dispute and now looks like it might collapse. So I still haven't written the Don Masson interview up as a free to read, I want to be doing more awaydays, but there just isn't the time or the energy atm, it's an incredibly stressful time in my life.

A Chris Martin signing piece... Look, it's not going to be complimentary is it? I've spent the last 10 years taking the piss out of the size of the bloke. Bristol City have just sold an academy player for £10m, they've got Alex Scott who they'll get twice that for, they've brought Conway and Bell through from their academy this season who've done so well they're able to release Martin early. QPR, meanwhile, a development club supposedly, have to pick Martin up on a free transfer because our one not-very-good striker has pneumonia and after eight years under this DOF our academy apparently doesn't have a single player who can even come in and do 10 Championship games now for a midtable team.

So I say that over 8-9 paragraphs (as I did with Balogun) and then, inevitably, Martin starts quite well, scores a few goals, gets us a couple of results (as Balogun did). My Twitter, and my biggest fans on here, then wade in about what a fcking idiot I am, talking a load of old sht again, ha ahahahaha, and my mental state descends further into the mud. Martin then, like Balogun,. inevitably reverts back to what he is - a heavy 34-year-old journeyman - and the team regresses again. So now even though I'm right I'm miserable all over again because we're sht and we're losing again.

So, for the first time in 20 years, I've kind of got to the point of... well what really is the point? And it was Chris Martin who got me there, as I always suspected he would.
New Signing on 11:47 - Feb 9 with 2765 viewsSuperhoop83

New Signing on 11:24 - Feb 9 by Northernr

TBH, behind the curtain, I've got a huge amount going on atm, trying to sell my house after the mortgage exploded on me and that sale has become mired in a legal dispute and now looks like it might collapse. So I still haven't written the Don Masson interview up as a free to read, I want to be doing more awaydays, but there just isn't the time or the energy atm, it's an incredibly stressful time in my life.

A Chris Martin signing piece... Look, it's not going to be complimentary is it? I've spent the last 10 years taking the piss out of the size of the bloke. Bristol City have just sold an academy player for £10m, they've got Alex Scott who they'll get twice that for, they've brought Conway and Bell through from their academy this season who've done so well they're able to release Martin early. QPR, meanwhile, a development club supposedly, have to pick Martin up on a free transfer because our one not-very-good striker has pneumonia and after eight years under this DOF our academy apparently doesn't have a single player who can even come in and do 10 Championship games now for a midtable team.

So I say that over 8-9 paragraphs (as I did with Balogun) and then, inevitably, Martin starts quite well, scores a few goals, gets us a couple of results (as Balogun did). My Twitter, and my biggest fans on here, then wade in about what a fcking idiot I am, talking a load of old sht again, ha ahahahaha, and my mental state descends further into the mud. Martin then, like Balogun,. inevitably reverts back to what he is - a heavy 34-year-old journeyman - and the team regresses again. So now even though I'm right I'm miserable all over again because we're sht and we're losing again.

So, for the first time in 20 years, I've kind of got to the point of... well what really is the point? And it was Chris Martin who got me there, as I always suspected he would.

Very sorry to read about the stresses you're going through and the unjustified aggro you get from some of our "fans".

I have to say that I'm with you on "what's the point?" when the gap between our club and the top of the tree is now insurmountably big and when football is now more of a product than a sport.

Suffering since 1978.

New Signing on 12:29 - Feb 9 with 2647 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Look after yourself Clive.
Everything else will look after itself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Signing on 13:03 - Feb 9 with 2554 viewstoboboly

Martin has 1 goal in 19 appearances this season.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=44722&season_id=155

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

New Signing on 14:25 - Feb 9 with 2455 viewsCLAREMAN1995

New Signing on 12:29 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Look after yourself Clive.
Everything else will look after itself.

Have to add my voice to Brian's post also.Hope the house sells ASAP and you can enjoy a few more stairs goals with or without Martin banging them in.
We need a few wins to get the juices flowing and renew hope that our season is not dead on arrival right now.
New Signing on 14:47 - Feb 9 with 2402 viewsR_from_afar

Don't bother with the signing piece, we have done it for you on here, and then some.

I can't wait to see what happens when Martin actually starts playing for us.

Good luck with all your challenges.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New Signing on 16:24 - Feb 9 with 2227 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Signing on 17:07 - Feb 9 with 2167 viewsQPROslo

New Signing on 06:47 - Feb 9 by Hunterhoop

For me the one key word you are missing is Flexibility.(or Adaptability). You need that within Leadership. Very "standard" as I recall, and clearly used in the Martin signing and otherwise according to what Les described in the interview I heard iearlier today..
New Signing on 20:21 - Feb 9 with 1998 viewsderbyhoop

I wouldn't knock yourself out over Martin. You've taken the p1ss out of him several times over the years. It's a short term, affordable deal for somebody to cover our Only Championship level front man, who's unlikely to be fit for months.

There's clearly more going on than stressing about QPR and their failings.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Signing on 09:20 - Feb 10 with 1784 viewsfrancisbowles

New Signing on 13:03 - Feb 9 by toboboly

Martin has 1 goal in 19 appearances this season.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=44722&season_id=155

Not the full picture though, Toboboly! He played the full 90 in the first three games of the season and scored his solitary goal. Then up until Christmas he has been on the bench and used sparingly, averaging 16 mins per appearance.

He has settled his contract, presumably getting a substantial payoff and with this and not having a club, his salary will probably be relatively low and hopefully weighted towards incentives for results etc

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-martin/leistungsdaten/spieler/46154
New Signing on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 1676 viewsPhildo

1 After an optimistic preseason you renew but things unravel relegation looms and old player is signed once again to plug a gap

Are you:
A Pleased — go to 2
B Unhappy go to 4

2 Say not ‘much lost only a short term deal’
Player proves to be

A ok scores a few to keep you up- go to 3
B Gash — only contribution is a crucial own goal bounces in off his arse- go to 4
C Genius level — scoring run takes clubs to play off win and promotion — go to 5

3 Have a pint or two and say ‘its QPR sht but local’- go to 1

4 Hit the socials and tell everyone the club is fcked and you are not renewing— go to 1

5 Start telling people 6 months later that Critchley has taken the club as far as he can- go to 1
New Signing on 13:01 - Feb 10 with 1518 viewsParkRoyalR

New Signing on 11:11 - Feb 10 by Phildo

1 After an optimistic preseason you renew but things unravel relegation looms and old player is signed once again to plug a gap

Are you:
A Pleased — go to 2
B Unhappy go to 4

2 Say not ‘much lost only a short term deal’
Player proves to be

A ok scores a few to keep you up- go to 3
B Gash — only contribution is a crucial own goal bounces in off his arse- go to 4
C Genius level — scoring run takes clubs to play off win and promotion — go to 5

3 Have a pint or two and say ‘its QPR sht but local’- go to 1

4 Hit the socials and tell everyone the club is fcked and you are not renewing— go to 1

5 Start telling people 6 months later that Critchley has taken the club as far as he can- go to 1

Brilliant, I can think of more 2B's than 2A's...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024