Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ethan laird 11:07 - Apr 6 with 4863 viewswombat

what time will he be sat on his arse tommorow with a mysterious hamstring injury ?

im going 48th min
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 11:13]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

ethan laird on 12:22 - Apr 6 with 3664 viewsHayesender

Sunny and dry in Shepherd's Bush tomorrow. Might get 70 minutes out of him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

ethan laird on 12:35 - Apr 6 with 3606 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bold to assume he’ll grace us with his presence at all on a bank holiday.
ethan laird on 13:42 - Apr 6 with 3454 viewscolinallcars

He'll be fine tomorrow - he's going to bed early and his mum'll bring him a nice hot cup of cocoa and say “here you are Ethan, drink this and get a good night's sleep or the nasty grumly grimlys will get you”
ethan laird on 13:48 - Apr 6 with 3427 viewsRangersw12

If we're winning he will last 90 mins but losing be lucky to get 65 out of him
ethan laird on 13:56 - Apr 6 with 3386 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is there a prize? I'm going for half-time. He gets a twinge in the 38th minute but - as one would expect from a brave cavalry officer - somehow makes it to the half-time whistle before collapsing in the changing-room.
ethan laird on 14:01 - Apr 6 with 3392 viewsrbee

He went off with cramp apparently which is why he is available tomorrow. I thought he was left isolated against Wigan whereas Paal had Willock for company. Not that anything would have changed that awful team performance.
ethan laird on 14:17 - Apr 6 with 3350 viewsextratimeR

If he turns up it would be really thoughtful if Ethan could pass to the other chaps with the same colour shirt on, ( unlike at Wigan last week).
ethan laird on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 3322 viewsted_hendrix

One bloke who'll never ever have to visit his doctor and say "I'm having trouble sleeping"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

ethan laird on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 3295 viewsstevec

I have an element of sympathy for this particular loan. He seemed a quality player, far better than anything we’ve seen at right back for many a year. Picked up what was a genuine injury initially and after that spell in the treatment room with the shirkers, came back a different player.

I’m surprised Man U have left him here as one way or another something here has ruined him.
ethan laird on 14:55 - Apr 6 with 3241 viewsrbee

ethan laird on 14:24 - Apr 6 by stevec

I have an element of sympathy for this particular loan. He seemed a quality player, far better than anything we’ve seen at right back for many a year. Picked up what was a genuine injury initially and after that spell in the treatment room with the shirkers, came back a different player.

I’m surprised Man U have left him here as one way or another something here has ruined him.

I think it's a mixture of lack of recent regular playing time, confidence and being at QPR at this wonderful time.
ethan laird on 15:35 - Apr 6 with 3144 viewsCamberleyR

I don't have any sympathy, his attitude absolutely stinks. He thinks he's too big for us, I can't wait until he f*cks off. As been said a few times, if we were in Luton's place in the league, these 'niggles' and 'injuries' would be non existent.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

ethan laird on 15:50 - Apr 6 with 3100 viewstoboboly

ethan laird on 14:24 - Apr 6 by stevec

As Camberley says he played well when he wanted which was for the first month or so, then Beale goes and he starts phoning it in and pretending his leg is gonna fall off

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

ethan laird on 16:22 - Apr 6 with 3020 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place for the rest of the season to Drewe / Kakay after the thing at Wigan. Nobody was convinced by it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 16:22]
ethan laird on 16:31 - Apr 6 with 2994 viewsHooping_Mad

ethan laird on 16:22 - Apr 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place for the rest of the season to Drewe / Kakay after the thing at Wigan. Nobody was convinced by it.

Ossy's and reaction subsequent performances have been a rare glimmer of light in the current darkness. Especially going forward, gaining in confidence and trying new things. I hope he's fit tbh.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

ethan laird on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 2989 viewsBakes

Shortly after PNE’s first goal goes in so some time between the 5th and 10th minute

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

ethan laird on 16:33 - Apr 6 with 2973 viewsstevec

ethan laird on 15:35 - Apr 6 by CamberleyR

I don't have any sympathy, his attitude absolutely stinks. He thinks he's too big for us, I can't wait until he f*cks off. As been said a few times, if we were in Luton's place in the league, these 'niggles' and 'injuries' would be non existent.

Yeah, you wonder if these Premier sides saw us as the sort of team they can unload their wasters on.

There seems a divide even amongst the players and loanees. Noticed one game that Roberts was playing down the same flank as Laird and was really up for it until Laird made one of his early departures, Kakay replaced him and Roberts didn’t look like he wanted to know for the rest of the game.

Roberts I can fully understand why Leeds wouldn’t give a toss but surprised Man U have left Laird around the place as he can play.
ethan laird on 16:36 - Apr 6 with 2977 viewsHunterhoop

ethan laird on 16:22 - Apr 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Spot on. You could see Dickie and Chair were visibly pissed off with him. Dieng had to calm Chair down who was remonstrating with him. Interesting not one player stretched his leg like normally is done with cramp. I’m genuinely not sure Laird knows the difference between cramp and muscle strains.
ethan laird on 16:40 - Apr 6 with 2954 viewsNorthernr

ethan laird on 16:36 - Apr 6 by Hunterhoop

Spot on. You could see Dickie and Chair were visibly pissed off with him. Dieng had to calm Chair down who was remonstrating with him. Interesting not one player stretched his leg like normally is done with cramp. I’m genuinely not sure Laird knows the difference between cramp and muscle strains.

I couldn't really make my mind up whether Chair was pissd off he wasn't moving five yards to the side of the pitch behind the goal to stop burning our own time away, whether he was pissd off that he wanted him to carry on and was asking whether it was really that bad, or (and this is harsh I know but it is what it looked like to me) he was sort of pleading with him to keep going because all we had to bring on was Drewe who, bless him, is not at this level.
ethan laird on 16:43 - Apr 6 with 2944 viewsterryb

ethan laird on 16:33 - Apr 6 by stevec

Yeah, you wonder if these Premier sides saw us as the sort of team they can unload their wasters on.

There seems a divide even amongst the players and loanees. Noticed one game that Roberts was playing down the same flank as Laird and was really up for it until Laird made one of his early departures, Kakay replaced him and Roberts didn’t look like he wanted to know for the rest of the game.

Roberts I can fully understand why Leeds wouldn’t give a toss but surprised Man U have left Laird around the place as he can play.

Yes, Laird can play when going forward.

Unfortunately, he is supposedly a defender & he gives the impression that he doesn't like defending or is good at doing so.
ethan laird on 16:44 - Apr 6 with 2938 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

ethan laird on 16:40 - Apr 6 by Northernr

I couldn't really make my mind up whether Chair was pissd off he wasn't moving five yards to the side of the pitch behind the goal to stop burning our own time away, whether he was pissd off that he wanted him to carry on and was asking whether it was really that bad, or (and this is harsh I know but it is what it looked like to me) he was sort of pleading with him to keep going because all we had to bring on was Drewe who, bless him, is not at this level.

On Drewe, and in these circumstances, i’d rather have a motivated League Two player over an unmotivated Premiership one.
ethan laird on 16:51 - Apr 6 with 2903 viewsNorthernr

ethan laird on 16:44 - Apr 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

On Drewe, and in these circumstances, i’d rather have a motivated League Two player over an unmotivated Premiership one.

Me too. But with him, and Kakay, you are again seeing that thing of players (and unfortunately Chair is really bad for this) looking for a pass, seeing that the ball is on, seeing it's one of those two, and deciding to go another way instead.
ethan laird on 17:01 - Apr 6 with 2885 viewsPinnerPaul

ethan laird on 16:51 - Apr 6 by Northernr

Me too. But with him, and Kakay, you are again seeing that thing of players (and unfortunately Chair is really bad for this) looking for a pass, seeing that the ball is on, seeing it's one of those two, and deciding to go another way instead.

Lack of confidence in self and others, not difficult to see that's not going to end well.

Les, yes, yes I know!, said in an interview recently that when he played in teams on a bad run, the players tend to get more selfish - or in his words, try to rectify everything on their own.

I think that applies to Chair definitely.
ethan laird on 17:40 - Apr 6 with 2828 viewsAntti_Heinola

ethan laird on 17:01 - Apr 6 by PinnerPaul

Lack of confidence in self and others, not difficult to see that's not going to end well.

Les, yes, yes I know!, said in an interview recently that when he played in teams on a bad run, the players tend to get more selfish - or in his words, try to rectify everything on their own.

maybe with Willy back, Illy might get better. For that reason, I'd play those two and Lowe behind Dykes. That should be a top 6 forward line in this league, and the three of them might find a real connection.
But then we'd have to play four at the back...

Bare bones.

ethan laird on 17:43 - Apr 6 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

ethan laird on 17:01 - Apr 6 by PinnerPaul

Me too.
ethan laird on 20:29 - Apr 6 with 2603 viewsHunterhoop

ethan laird on 16:40 - Apr 6 by Northernr

I think we can agree that in all those scenarios, he was pissed off at him being sat on the floor. He certainly wasn’t enquiring after his welfare!

On the other points about Chair (and others) disinclination to pass to Kakay, Drewe (and Dykes in Chair’s case) it’s a real bugbear of mine. If they keep messing up through the game then, okay, understood, and they’ll probably be hooked. But you can’t begin like that from the off. It kills your shape, patterns of play and ability to attack. Even if you’re Messi, it hurts the team, and Chair is not Messi. Remember Guardiola’s religious approach to players being in set parts of the pitch and that enabling your patterns. If you refuse to pass to certain positions your whole pattern of play breaks down.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 7:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024