Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. 12:24 - Aug 4 with 94455 viewsconnell10

I'll go for unlikely 1-1 draw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:55 - Aug 5 with 4187 viewsBoston

Watford 1 QPR 1

Turgid affair, Hornets the better team but weather and lucky goalkeeping keep Rangers in the points.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:57 - Aug 5 with 4195 viewsconnell10

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:53 - Aug 5 by SimonJames

What are the chances of Gaz introducing a new signing at today's game?

Well they did say the chances of anything from Mars were a Million to one ....but still they come!! No hang on.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:01 - Aug 5 with 4167 viewsDorse

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:53 - Aug 5 by SimonJames

What are the chances of Gaz introducing a new signing at today's game?

About the same as Scarlett Johanssen turning up at my door, naked, with a sort of 'where's Dorse' expression on her face, holding a four pack of Pauliner and a copy of Viz.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 3977 viewsBrianWilson

I keep thinking of this episode of Father Ted in regards to the current dealings at QPR

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:39 - Aug 5 with 3884 viewsdavman

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:32 - Aug 5 by ed_83

We’ve had a a terrible pre-season both in terms of recruitment and performances, and we’re everyone’s favourites for relegation. Watford are a basket case but have quality throughout their squad. I would be very very surprised if we come away from this with anything other than a defeat.

At the same time, Gareth’s said that he thrives on that backs to the wall underdog energy: for me the big question today isn’t necessarily the scoreline but our attitude and approach. I want to see the Rs being aggressive and physical, not backing out of challenges, not giving up if we go behind, making ourselves difficult to play against. All basic stuff but things we’ve failed to do for years.

We essentially need to replicate last season’s 1-0 over Watford at Loftus Road 46 times in a row - if we give that a decent go today and lose, then I’ll be disappointed but not too pessimistic. Give it our usual wet blanket routine, after Gareth’s had a full pre-season to work with the existing squad and bring his own players in, and I’m going to officially start panicking.

"Gareth’s said that he thrives on that backs to the wall underdog energy"

...and that is not in any doubt; as a player we all know that GA showed that again and again as he did at Wycombe and as he continues to do since he got to us.

BUT, it a'int him on the pitch any more and those that are representing us clearly do not "thrive" on any "challenge" let alone backs to the wall stuff.

Such a shame.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:58 - Aug 5 with 3657 viewsstevec

Waiting for the team sheet.

Any combo of Drewe/Kakay/Dozzell/Uncle will adjust my bet accordingly.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:01 - Aug 5 with 3578 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:03 - Aug 5 with 3493 viewscolinallcars

Willock as impact sub then.
Login to get fewer ads

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:04 - Aug 5 with 3447 viewsEastR

Willock and Richards benched as top of the non trier's brigade

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:05 - Aug 5 with 3413 viewssilverbirch

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:03 - Aug 5 by colinallcars

I guess God told him not to try too hard in training
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 14:06]
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:06 - Aug 5 with 3374 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:01 - Aug 5 by OldPedro

That team talks to me on so many levels.

But seriously, best of luck to young Gubbins.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 3226 viewsThe_Beast1976

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:06 - Aug 5 by traininvain

The messaging coming out of the club is embarrassing imo. I understand that expectation management is needed this season but we’re playing a team we beat twice last season. The club comms today should be excitement at the prospect of the new season, not the nervous emoji.

It’s painfully obvious from last season that most of the squad has a weak mindset. I fear that all this talk of ‘just avoid relegation’ is going to give them the perfect excuse to down tools for the season. The bar needs to be set a bit higher.

Why does everyone at the club seem intent on making relegation a self fulfilling prophecy. I can’t imagine any other club in the league is adopting this approach before a ball has been kicked. It’s bizarre and has the opposite effect of galvanising the fan base.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 12:09]

Absolutely. No other team anywhere in professional football is sending out the messages our club is sending out. It's almost as if the club is being 'wound down' on its way to permanent closure. Absolutely disgraceful
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:10 - Aug 5 with 3188 viewsconnell10

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:03 - Aug 5 by colinallcars

I personally think Willock does not give a f uck ,. He don't care if he plays or not , just running down his contract. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:13 - Aug 5 with 3084 viewskensalriser

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:01 - Aug 5 by Dorse

About the same as Scarlett Johanssen turning up at my door, naked, with a sort of 'where's Dorse' expression on her face, holding a four pack of Pauliner and a copy of Viz.

So you're saying there is a chance?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:16 - Aug 5 with 2979 viewsThe_Beast1976

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:10 - Aug 5 by connell10

I personally think Willock does not give a f uck ,. He don't care if he plays or not , just running down his contract. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

I think you're probably right
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:16 - Aug 5 with 2971 viewscolinallcars

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:05 - Aug 5 by silverbirch

I guess God told him not to try too hard in training
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 14:06]

He maketh me to lie down in green football pitches and call for the physio.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:16 - Aug 5 with 2969 viewsDavieQPR

G A 's preferred 4-4-2. Bash it down the wings then hoist it in the middle. Fortunately Watfod have some iffy forwards and quite a few newbies.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:16 - Aug 5 with 2961 viewsconnell10

Hey the game might get called water logged pitch , or not.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:20 - Aug 5 with 2844 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manager's job is to motivate and get his best players plauying their best football. See Warnock/Taraabt. Never a word about Willock's attitude under Warbs or Beale. Maybe he's had a complete personality change since October. (Or maybe a bid is incoming this week).

Apart from that: Paal, Chair, Kelman, Smyth. He should have started Drewe and Duke McKenna, then we'd only be one short of the seven dwarfs. Guess who's Dopey?

Let's hope Watford aren't good on set pieces. Even Morgan Fox is barely over 6ft.

Bare bones.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:22 - Aug 5 with 2807 viewsqueensparker

Best of luck to our new “defence”!

I’m going to give Dozzell one last chance today. If he tarts about going missing all game again I fear for my laptop screen
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:23 - Aug 5 with 2776 viewsBurnleyhoop

And what precisely has Dozzell shown in pre-season?

Dozzell, Smyth and Kelman aren’t fit to lace Willock’s boots. If Willock doesn’t give a shit, why has he played so much in pre-season?

I’m fast losing faith in Ainsworth and unless this selection turn up today, he is going to cop some serious flak.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:23 - Aug 5 with 2745 viewsDamo1962

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 12:06 - Aug 5 by traininvain

The messaging coming out of the club is embarrassing imo. I understand that expectation management is needed this season but we’re playing a team we beat twice last season. The club comms today should be excitement at the prospect of the new season, not the nervous emoji.

It’s painfully obvious from last season that most of the squad has a weak mindset. I fear that all this talk of ‘just avoid relegation’ is going to give them the perfect excuse to down tools for the season. The bar needs to be set a bit higher.

Why does everyone at the club seem intent on making relegation a self fulfilling prophecy. I can’t imagine any other club in the league is adopting this approach before a ball has been kicked. It’s bizarre and has the opposite effect of galvanising the fan base.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 12:09]

Like you say, the club,manager and players have already thrown in the towel before a ball is kicked. Supporters may as well do the same...and find something else to do on a match-day. Or is it all reverse psychology from the club?🤔
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 2670 viewsrbee

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 13:01 - Aug 5 by Dorse

Isn't it annoying when people do that? I had to send Rita Ora packing last Wednesday night standing there shivering in only a new home shirt and raincoat.

No place for Albert, Willock on the bench even though Gaz has been singing his praises.

Many thought we would put out a defensive team but this certainly isn't.

Let's give it 100% boys, Morgan Fox, Kenneth Paal, Andre Dozzell and Sam Field really need to be on their game inparticular.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:27 - Aug 5 with 2627 viewsQPROslo

He said he was really looking forward to playing in an Official interview I heard today. I don't know, if he plays like he can he's the one player who could turn a game our way even with today's back 4. Not likely now.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:27 - Aug 5 with 2617 viewsDiscodroids

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 14:22 - Aug 5 by queensparker

Best of luck to our new “defence”!

I’m going to give Dozzell one last chance today. If he tarts about going missing all game again I fear for my laptop screen

I'm pissed off to see Dozzell still clinging on like a sweetcorn infused clinker under the rim of the armitage shanks in a public shithouse.

I'd rather have one of Barry George, Monkey Harris, Colin Stagg or Barry the ballroom dancer of Hi de hi at the base of our midfield. For the love of god i hope he puts in a shift today.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024