Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. 08:22 - Oct 4 with 41032 viewsconnell10

Hoping we might scrap a 1-1.....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:11 - Oct 4 with 2663 viewsterryb

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 21:51 - Oct 4 by R_from_afar

The effort and fight was there, sadly, the quality simply wasn't

We gave more effort in the second half certainly, but I didn't notice much in the opening 45 minutes.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:12 - Oct 4 with 2651 viewsmarkrtid

The match officials are...

Their goal should never have been.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:15 - Oct 4 with 2573 viewsted_hendrix

I fear for us on Saturday, we can't score In a Month of Sundays' It's just not happening for us In saying that we really are pretty dammed useless at the moment.

Been here before but this Is bad I'm afraid.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:24 - Oct 4 with 2409 viewsCateLeBonR

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:11 - Oct 4 by terryb

We gave more effort in the second half certainly, but I didn't notice much in the opening 45 minutes.

We were so far off first half but if that Dykes chance near the end had slipped in somehow we'd all be happy. I'm not too despondent actually I think we just have to accept where we are and what we are at this moment. It's been a long time coming and it'll take a while to get out of it.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:25 - Oct 4 with 2391 viewseastside_r

The only thing worse than the red card decision was our whole performance.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:27 - Oct 4 with 2335 viewsManinBlack

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:02 - Oct 4 by davman

But the REALLY sad thing is that none of these decisions have really changed the outcome of ANY game. Face facts, going forward, this team has NOTHING. No more than 30 goals this season and that means one thing.

Yes, it was"only" 1-0, but we are not scoring today even if we played for another 90 minutes.

We can delude ourselves with positive thinking all we want, it will NOT change a thing.

GA is not doing himself many favours as he can't / won't change formation (WHY did we stick with a back 5 after the red?), but do not underestimate the sh1tshow he inherited. The attacking options we have would embarrass a team in the league below bar Chair.

We were garbage and the only good thing was keeping it down to one goal.

Once again we were too nice at the end of the game as though losing only 1-0 was a relief. We have been a soft touch for years. No surprise that the Leeds scorer was his first goal since the opening day as we like to help those struggling wherever possible.

I suppose some of our team thought Bamford was fouled from their angles so didn't show anger walking off as they only got one view of it. That is the only defence I can suggest for their actions walking off.

Before we played Swansea I denounced them as the worst Swansea team for years. Since playing us they have won three times while we haven't won in the same period. To make matters worse Sheffield Wednesday have sacked their manager so whoever takes over will probably transform them.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:28 - Oct 4 with 2326 viewsRangersw12

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:15 - Oct 4 by ted_hendrix

I fear for us on Saturday, we can't score In a Month of Sundays' It's just not happening for us In saying that we really are pretty dammed useless at the moment.

Been here before but this Is bad I'm afraid.

Needs to go 433 Saturday and be on the front foot
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:28 - Oct 4 with 2326 viewsQPROslo

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 21:40 - Oct 4 by aston_hoop

That gets overturned by Saturday doesnt it?

Got to be.
Login to get fewer ads

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:29 - Oct 4 with 2305 viewsSK_hoops

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:02 - Oct 4 by davman

But the REALLY sad thing is that none of these decisions have really changed the outcome of ANY game. Face facts, going forward, this team has NOTHING. No more than 30 goals this season and that means one thing.

Yes, it was"only" 1-0, but we are not scoring today even if we played for another 90 minutes.

We can delude ourselves with positive thinking all we want, it will NOT change a thing.

GA is not doing himself many favours as he can't / won't change formation (WHY did we stick with a back 5 after the red?), but do not underestimate the sh1tshow he inherited. The attacking options we have would embarrass a team in the league below bar Chair.

Apart from the Swansea one. You're 100% right, just still annoying.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:32 - Oct 4 with 2264 viewsSteveB

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 21:53 - Oct 4 by mart_Goblin

Saw no QPR players come off angry except maybe Kolli. You’ve been outplayed, embarrassed and conned and you walk off all smiles and arms round round your oppenent.
It doesn’t hurt them enough

Exactly, why no-one headbutted Bamford at FT I 'll never know, we'd forgive him the 5 match ban. Lets hope Dykes sorted him out in the tunnel at least.

Anyway, Off you pop GA. It's not you, its us, we love you - but it's just not working out.

Don't get me started on Kakay...... The worst QPR player since Karl Ready. In fact, Karl was x10 better...
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:38 - Oct 4 with 2150 viewsknocker

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:28 - Oct 4 by Rangersw12

Needs to go 433 Saturday and be on the front foot

According to Sinton that's how we set up tonight.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:39 - Oct 4 with 2140 viewsrbee

Loftboy; We didn't even have a corner.

We would have played it short and messed it up.

Everyone went up for a free kick and Kakay played it square rather than put it in the box.

Sums us up at the moment.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 22:47]
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:44 - Oct 4 with 2069 viewsdaveB

We just lack quality in the final third, the final ball by Smyth, Paal and Chair tonight in good positions was crap.

i thought we did better second half after a really poor first half. Lots of effort, stayed in the game and nearly nicked it at the end but overall miles short of what we need to be
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:47 - Oct 4 with 2042 viewsA40Bosh

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:32 - Oct 4 by SteveB

Exactly, why no-one headbutted Bamford at FT I 'll never know, we'd forgive him the 5 match ban. Lets hope Dykes sorted him out in the tunnel at least.

Anyway, Off you pop GA. It's not you, its us, we love you - but it's just not working out.

Don't get me started on Kakay...... The worst QPR player since Karl Ready. In fact, Karl was x10 better...

I have tried to cut poor Ozzy every bit of slack I could over the years, knowing where he came from and who brought him through from age 10 to get him on QPR's books and a local lad who has stuck at it, through all the bad times and the worse times, for all the abuse, but stuck at it and gave HIS best, even when often that is not good enough - he gets picked by successive managers and pulls on the shirt - cannot blame him for that.

But tonight, it may have been 0-0 if he had not wasted that pass that went straight to a Leeds player and then he was ripped a new one by the Leeds left flank. Ran around like a headless chicken all over the pitch trying to redeem himself I suspect.

However I think there is a pincer movement closing in on him this week in the shape of Jimmy Dunne and Reggie Cannon that will see him relegated to the bench unless neither Fox and Cook recover in the short term.

His tenure is ending, but I won't have people say that he has been stealing a living - not good enough for what we need - but has never phoned it in.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:59 - Oct 4 with 1917 viewsRangersw12

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:38 - Oct 4 by knocker

According to Sinton that's how we set up tonight.

I thought it was the same 3 at the back formation with Smyth as RWB especially in the first half

Formation is the formation just want us to be further up the pitch and aggressively press teams .

We're not very good so we can at least get in teams faces and make them work for wins as this standing off teams clearly isn't working
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:02 - Oct 4 with 1892 viewsnadera78

First half was appalling - and it was entirely down to the players. Constantly mis-controlling the ball, passing to the opposition, overhitting passes into the stands, allowing runners to drift past them, getting pushed off the ball.

Second half was marginally better, with everyone further forward and Dykes closer to Armstrong, but we were still poor.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:13 - Oct 4 with 1801 viewsqueensparker

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:02 - Oct 4 by nadera78

First half was appalling - and it was entirely down to the players. Constantly mis-controlling the ball, passing to the opposition, overhitting passes into the stands, allowing runners to drift past them, getting pushed off the ball.

Second half was marginally better, with everyone further forward and Dykes closer to Armstrong, but we were still poor.

This

It’s getting tiresome to pass 100% of the blame to the manager all the time when players we know full well can play better looked slow and half-arsed throughout that entire first half

I suppose it’s an endless circular argument about whether the manager should have them motivated, but either way the amount of sloppy passing and panicky chips to nobody and half arsed tackling and closing down wasn’t good enough
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:19 - Oct 4 with 1752 viewsDejR_vu

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:13 - Oct 4 by queensparker

This

It’s getting tiresome to pass 100% of the blame to the manager all the time when players we know full well can play better looked slow and half-arsed throughout that entire first half

I suppose it’s an endless circular argument about whether the manager should have them motivated, but either way the amount of sloppy passing and panicky chips to nobody and half arsed tackling and closing down wasn’t good enough

Perhaps they’ve realised that no matter what they do it’s not going to make a difference to the result. I get the feeling there’s a number of players that haven’t bought in to GA

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:27 - Oct 4 with 1667 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:08 - Oct 4 by andrew1302

If you dive like Bamford can't you get a ban? Wasn't that a rule they made?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/30/leeds-patrick-bamford-charged-a

He has form for this, as we know.

The red card needs to be rescinded, and the little toerag needs to be fined and banned for bringing the game into disrepute. And the ref and his scuzzy little team need to be demoted to the amateur leagues.

I'm not holding my breath on even one of those counts, though.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:48 - Oct 4 with 1586 viewsHooping_Mad

Given how deep Dykes was all night helping out on the left, I couldn't work out why he left Sinclair on tbh, I would have swapped him for Dozz much earlier and pushed Lyndon up.

Seemed an obvious way to get more quality on the ball.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 00:24 - Oct 5 with 1484 viewsStanisgod

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 23:48 - Oct 4 by Hooping_Mad

Given how deep Dykes was all night helping out on the left, I couldn't work out why he left Sinclair on tbh, I would have swapped him for Dozz much earlier and pushed Lyndon up.

Seemed an obvious way to get more quality on the ball.

I cant believe someone has put quality and Dozzell in the same sentence 🙈🙈😂

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:16 - Oct 5 with 1400 viewsNorthernr

Basically the whole plan, kindly, seemed to be sit in and keep the score as close as possible for as long as possible and maybe nick something near the end. Harshly, let's make Leeds think this is so fcking easy they actually get bored and end up doing something stupid out of lack of concentration. Both these nearly came to fruition with that Dykes chance at the end, having watched Leeds coast through the game in barely second gear to that point.

Overall though, pretty bleak stuff. We've sunk to a point where we're coming away from a Championship league game just grateful we didn't get handed out own ars. Some of the stuff we did... the multiple foul throws... the repeated attempt at a long throw without a long thrower on the pitch... the free kick taken to a geezer not even watching... sticking your striker in goal for injury time then encouraging him to go up for the set pieces.

We basically look like quite a good pub side, that got promoted a bit beyond its level.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:49 - Oct 5 with 1335 viewsHooparoo

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:16 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Basically the whole plan, kindly, seemed to be sit in and keep the score as close as possible for as long as possible and maybe nick something near the end. Harshly, let's make Leeds think this is so fcking easy they actually get bored and end up doing something stupid out of lack of concentration. Both these nearly came to fruition with that Dykes chance at the end, having watched Leeds coast through the game in barely second gear to that point.

Overall though, pretty bleak stuff. We've sunk to a point where we're coming away from a Championship league game just grateful we didn't get handed out own ars. Some of the stuff we did... the multiple foul throws... the repeated attempt at a long throw without a long thrower on the pitch... the free kick taken to a geezer not even watching... sticking your striker in goal for injury time then encouraging him to go up for the set pieces.

We basically look like quite a good pub side, that got promoted a bit beyond its level.

Spot on Clive. So bloody frustrating but what do we do from here?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:59 - Oct 5 with 1319 viewsNorthernr

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 01:49 - Oct 5 by Hooparoo

Spot on Clive. So bloody frustrating but what do we do from here?

League One probably.
The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 03:06 - Oct 5 with 1279 viewsSydneyRs

The Mr Whitebread Leeds Match Thread. on 22:02 - Oct 4 by Lblock

Do you not think Bumford actually puts his hand up to apologise with that look on his face like the ref is going to book HIM?????

It's a dive - plain and simple.

The violin case closed.

I thought that too with Bamford's reaction. Looked apologetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024