Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards 06:40 - Nov 3 with 28133 viewsDoudou87

It will be interesting to see what happens here, Taylors seen in the inside training video so we can confirm he's alive and fit, can Marti be the one to get him on the pitch playing?

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 14:13 - Dec 2 with 3702 viewsThe_Beast1976

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 13:57 - Dec 2 by plasmahoop

Sorry but to compare willock and Richards is night and day. Willock has proved himself before to bd an excellent player at this level. Richards has done sweet felicity arkwright, drawing a big wage, having a bad attitude. Whilst it was right to sack ainsworth, endorsing ainsworth out stuff on twitter should have seen him sacked. If Martin can get Richards playing then that would be great, but it's probably not his priority

From what we've seen thus far (I.e. Richards barely featuring) I'm not sure Richards' attitude has improved?
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 14:18 - Dec 2 with 3674 viewsParkRoyalR

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 13:47 - Dec 2 by Lblock

Not looking to argue or have a spat - these are genuine questions.

What have you actually seen to justify your opening sentence "I see a top player in Taylor Richards"????????

Then - if you can highlight where I am missing ability etc from the fella - can I question you saying "be good to stop questioning his character". Why? As, if he is the top player you see then the only thing holding him back is actually his character surely?

I'd be picking up the phone to Doncaster and asking if they want him in January with a loan to buy option.
If they only pick up £1k a week of his wages then it's a good deal as we'd be getting more out of him than we have and, I think, ever will.

When I have seen him play, Rotherham away, recent home game etc I have seen a player who has good technique, good vision, & has courage to take the ball in tight spaces + open up play across the pitch with forward passes,

I don't see a player who only plays for himself and plays a safe 10 yards pass to nowhere of no benefit to the team,

Taylor Richards was initially ridiculed for 'stopping to do up his laces' when actually his heel was clipped and his boot had come off, so he had the option to briefly stop and pull his boot back on or run around in his sock. We have a habit of group-think on this forum and that was the start of the pile-on.

Following that he was criticized for a poorly placed header when trying to retain possession. This was when one goal conceded meant certain defeat, gnashing of teeth and some went looking for an easy scape-goat.

Similar to you, don't wish to argue, but if I saw a player so out of condition he did'nt have the energy to walk back to the dug-out without taking a breather in the stand and then thought it a good idea to pop into a post-match hostelry to slag off the Manager, I would question his character. I don't know or hav'nt seen enough, like the above, with Taylor Richards (or Willock) to question their characters.

Taylor Richards had one of his closest friends murdered last year and was trying to adapt to the Championship and then we employ Gareth Ainsworth as our Coach. That's 3 reasons I can think of to give him a break.

For the above reasons, I hav'nt given up on him and see no reason to question his character, unlike one, if not two, attacking players from Warburton's last team.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 14:21 - Dec 2 with 3651 viewsBklynRanger

There was a game about a year ago when he came on for possibly the last half hour, I think it was a home game, and he played up the middle and looked fairly dynamic. I'm sure I saw it. 95% sure anyway.

What was in his head that day, why he played like that, what he had for breakfast, what happened after that, if he even remembers it - who knows?
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 18:22 - Dec 2 with 3407 viewsNorthernr

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 14:21 - Dec 2 by BklynRanger

There was a game about a year ago when he came on for possibly the last half hour, I think it was a home game, and he played up the middle and looked fairly dynamic. I'm sure I saw it. 95% sure anyway.

What was in his head that day, why he played like that, what he had for breakfast, what happened after that, if he even remembers it - who knows?

Huddersfield. Brilliant, for about 15 minutes. Still lost 2-1. It's the single positive contribution he's made in a year and half for us. This idea he's shown all sorts of promise and dynamism and whatever else in his brief cameos is fantasy. Now not even on the bench, again.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 20:48 - Dec 2 with 3176 viewsLblock

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 14:18 - Dec 2 by ParkRoyalR

When I have seen him play, Rotherham away, recent home game etc I have seen a player who has good technique, good vision, & has courage to take the ball in tight spaces + open up play across the pitch with forward passes,

I don't see a player who only plays for himself and plays a safe 10 yards pass to nowhere of no benefit to the team,

Taylor Richards was initially ridiculed for 'stopping to do up his laces' when actually his heel was clipped and his boot had come off, so he had the option to briefly stop and pull his boot back on or run around in his sock. We have a habit of group-think on this forum and that was the start of the pile-on.

Following that he was criticized for a poorly placed header when trying to retain possession. This was when one goal conceded meant certain defeat, gnashing of teeth and some went looking for an easy scape-goat.

Similar to you, don't wish to argue, but if I saw a player so out of condition he did'nt have the energy to walk back to the dug-out without taking a breather in the stand and then thought it a good idea to pop into a post-match hostelry to slag off the Manager, I would question his character. I don't know or hav'nt seen enough, like the above, with Taylor Richards (or Willock) to question their characters.

Taylor Richards had one of his closest friends murdered last year and was trying to adapt to the Championship and then we employ Gareth Ainsworth as our Coach. That's 3 reasons I can think of to give him a break.

For the above reasons, I hav'nt given up on him and see no reason to question his character, unlike one, if not two, attacking players from Warburton's last team.

Fair enough if that’s your view but clearly we’ll totally disagree

I also think you’re barking up the wrong tree in dissing Charlie Austin in some sort of negative positive in respect of Richards
If Richards contributes even 1% of what Austin has done for this club then I’ll give away all my worldly possessions, eat that hat of mine and see you for a drink in W12 wearing just a mankini

We’ve yet again set a waster up for life with a 4 year contract on wages every single one of us can only dream of. How can the transfer policy of this club be so poor? Where is the due diligence in committing millions to these blokes?
I’ll never get this “if there weren’t something wrong with ‘em they wouldn’t be here” bollox argument. Our players need to be fit, be available, have minerals and character that cannot be questioned as well as ability. If not you’re just chucking 50’s onto a bonfire in the desert.

Richards has nothing we need either now when the chips are down or anytime in the future should there be good times and sunshine

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 20:49 - Dec 2 with 3165 viewscolinallcars

I hate to think how much this fellow has cost the club - not only the wages he's been paid but all the other costs such as the admin costs of employing him and presumably a lot of medical fees.
OK, some people don't handle issues in the way most of us do and indeed have to.
It can't go on though can it ?
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 21:26 - Dec 2 with 3050 viewsBklynRanger

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 18:22 - Dec 2 by Northernr

Huddersfield. Brilliant, for about 15 minutes. Still lost 2-1. It's the single positive contribution he's made in a year and half for us. This idea he's shown all sorts of promise and dynamism and whatever else in his brief cameos is fantasy. Now not even on the bench, again.

That was it then. Someone pin him down and inject him with 300 cc's of that.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 21:58 - Dec 2 with 2930 viewslassel

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 18:22 - Dec 2 by Northernr

Be fair, he was good away at West Brom last season too.
Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 22:04 - Dec 2 with 2907 viewsBklynRanger

What are cc's anyway? Does anyone other than Lesley Neilsen still use them in medical practice?
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 22:44 - Dec 2 with 2794 viewsNorthernr

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 21:58 - Dec 2 by lassel

West Brom away? He only played for seven minutes, and in one of those missed a great chance to win the game.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 23:30 - Dec 2 with 2701 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 21:58 - Dec 2 by lassel

Good at what? Come on!
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 06:25 - Dec 3 with 2512 viewsbongo_king

Interesting re-emergence of the Richards discussion.

While I sympathise with what he went through last year, the elephants in the room are:
1. social media activity, which is pretty much at odds with someone going through continued grief
2. It has been a year now. A few on this board, myself included, have lost people in the last years, and while everyone handles it differently there tends to comes a time where you just pick yourself up and get on with the day-to-day, even if the pain remains.
3. third (or fourth if we count PBBC) manager where he slowly has slipped out the picture.

I have this feeling that coming back to where he grew up may have been the worst thing for him, he's basically regressed. It seems little surprise that the one successful period he had was at Doncaster, far away from the environment he grew up in and also from bright lights and distractions (except horse racing :-D). There clearly is potential there but he could be one of those who needs to be in a quiet part of the world far from London to fulfil it.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 07:26 - Dec 3 with 2428 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Waste of space and wasting his career. We are lumbered with him until Kolli can step up.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 10:27 - Dec 3 with 2200 viewspaulparker

The new Ravel Morrison
Its 4 QPR managers now who have seen this waster at work and all 4 have seen him for what he is
The excuse of his best mate dying is wearing thinner than Karl Readys hairline , Billy Sharp lost his son and then the following few days played and scored the winning goal , this bloke has done nothing in 18 months and people are still looking to make excuses for him for a worldy 7 minutes against West Brom
Needs paying up with what funds we have and needs shipping out of the club pronto

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 11:00 - Dec 3 with 2128 viewsstevec

I’m going to step out of line on this and put up a defence for Tyler.

It was up North.
It was a Friday night.
And it was fckin freezing.

How you lot can even question his loyalty to the cause is beyond me.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 12:10 - Dec 3 with 2014 viewslassel

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 22:44 - Dec 2 by Northernr

West Brom away? He only played for seven minutes, and in one of those missed a great chance to win the game.

When the gruel is this thin and insipid, the holder of the thick lump takes the plaudits.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 19:30 - Dec 3 with 1751 viewsNorthantsHoop

Let's all forget about him and his problems he is/was a mistake of a purchase and focus on a player like Elijah Dixon- Bonnar who is stepping up and playing very well under our new manager.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 19:54 - Dec 3 with 1644 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 19:30 - Dec 3 by NorthantsHoop

Let's all forget about him and his problems he is/was a mistake of a purchase and focus on a player like Elijah Dixon- Bonnar who is stepping up and playing very well under our new manager.

...and we have a winner!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 20:32 - Dec 3 with 1548 viewscolinallcars

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 19:30 - Dec 3 by NorthantsHoop

I would be more than happy to forget all about him except the club will be paying him for another three years for doing absolutely nothing.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 22:05 - Dec 3 with 1383 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm fast losing patience with Richards. When Cifuentas joined he made it clear that he was wiping the slate clean and giving everyone a chance. He's kept his word. Willock is back in from the cold, Dixon-Bonner has emerged, Larkeche looks a different animal, and even Kelman is contributing. If Taylor doesn't make an impression under Marti then he never will.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 02:03 - Dec 4 with 1250 viewsVancouverHoop

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 22:05 - Dec 3 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm fast losing patience with Richards. When Cifuentas joined he made it clear that he was wiping the slate clean and giving everyone a chance. He's kept his word. Willock is back in from the cold, Dixon-Bonner has emerged, Larkeche looks a different animal, and even Kelman is contributing. If Taylor doesn't make an impression under Marti then he never will.

Is Kolli injured? I don't think he's even made the subs bench since Marti arrived.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 04:36 - Dec 4 with 1215 viewsLoftgirl

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 02:03 - Dec 4 by VancouverHoop

Is Kolli injured? I don't think he's even made the subs bench since Marti arrived.

Where is Uncle Albert?
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 05:06 - Dec 4 with 1205 viewsVancouverHoop

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 04:36 - Dec 4 by Loftgirl

Where is Uncle Albert?

IIRC he came on as a sub in one of Marti's early matches.
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 07:05 - Dec 4 with 1124 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 10:27 - Dec 3 by paulparker

The new Ravel Morrison
Its 4 QPR managers now who have seen this waster at work and all 4 have seen him for what he is
The excuse of his best mate dying is wearing thinner than Karl Readys hairline , Billy Sharp lost his son and then the following few days played and scored the winning goal , this bloke has done nothing in 18 months and people are still looking to make excuses for him for a worldy 7 minutes against West Brom
Needs paying up with what funds we have and needs shipping out of the club pronto

Talking of Ravel Morrison, he has just been convicted of fraud for using a dead persons blue badge to park his car.

How low, nevermind thick, can he go?
Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 07:11 - Dec 4 with 1103 viewsdmm

Marti Cifuentes x Taylor Richards on 02:03 - Dec 4 by VancouverHoop

Kolli sustained an injury playing for Algeria U20s during the last international break.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024