Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread 08:50 - Feb 26 with 49527 viewsSpaceman_P

In the spirit of non-losses in the match-thread stakes, I will start this.

Hopefully we will make Red Leicester flavoured Walkers Crisps out of Leicester City FC

I am going for a 1 - nil win for us. I think the players will turn up and the game will be tight.

Going for a Chair goal, a long range effort with a deflection.... they will press us like mad, but we will fluke this win and continue Leicester's shitty form to 3 loses.

If we lose, I will gladly down tools for match threads for the rest of the season.

Fingers crossed!!!

Paul

[Post edited 26 Feb 8:51]
Richard III on 21:35 - Feb 26 with 3522 viewsBoston

Richard III on 15:30 - Feb 26 by numptydumpty

Sorry I know we play well against the better teams but Leicester away, sorry "Bob Hope and" is the phrase that comes to mind

I think we may get one goal although I am tending to think they will get three so either 3 nil to them or a last minute consolation by Willock in a 3 - 1 reverse.

A draw would be incredible but I can't see it happening.

Realism City !!!
[Post edited 26 Feb 15:30]

So, you're recommending we adopt 'rope a dope' tactics?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Richard III on 21:47 - Feb 26 with 3514 viewsTonto

Richard III on 21:35 - Feb 26 by Boston

Would snatch your arm off for a point. Not expecting one. But don't think Leicester will have it easy. 1 or 2 nill them.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 00:01 - Feb 27 with 3406 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:00 - Feb 26 by Toast_R

Jannik Vestergaard picked up a 10th yellow against Leeds and will miss two games. That's a positive.
[Post edited 26 Feb 11:16]

They will be so angry after losing that game I expect a huge backlash I fear.
They are lethal on the fast break and have a few players who can find the net from anywhere .
Leeds looked dead and buired but got a couple of deflections and stole that full 3 points closing the gap to 6 .
If we can get a point it would be one of the best results of our season
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 09:35 - Feb 27 with 3274 viewsSpaceman_P

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 00:01 - Feb 27 by CLAREMAN1995

They will be so angry after losing that game I expect a huge backlash I fear.
They are lethal on the fast break and have a few players who can find the net from anywhere .
Leeds looked dead and buired but got a couple of deflections and stole that full 3 points closing the gap to 6 .
If we can get a point it would be one of the best results of our season

Would certainly make up for Stoke, Huddersfield and the X-mas games.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:58 - Feb 27 with 3143 viewsQuillPenRiot

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:00 - Feb 26 by Toast_R

Jannik Vestergaard picked up a 10th yellow against Leeds and will miss two games. That's a positive.
[Post edited 26 Feb 11:16]

Great! He’s a beast. We should unleash ours in Sinclair as they are fast and all about the pressI and slick passing. Probably good Colback can’t play, although I rate him. could see him getting two yellows or a red in this game. Could see Armstrong and Dykes running amok among the foxes, bring on Anderson and Frey once they’ve been softened up. can’t see us winning though, miracles aside. 3-1 Leicester
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:55 - Feb 27 with 2974 viewsJuzzie

We're not that far off them in the form table.

Last 10 games;

Leicester: 2nd on 19 points*. W6 D1 L3
QPR: 11th on 15 points. W4 D3 L3

Sorry, but going to go for a 2-1 home win (and will be delighted to be wrong!)

*3 other clubs also on 19 points
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:50 - Feb 27 with 2915 viewscaptainmycaptian

Either way we should bear in mind goal differences l it might come down to fine margins. Keep.it tight and hope to nick something. For me a draw would be am amazing if unlikely result. Leicester are a premier outfit.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 19:22 - Feb 27 with 2880 viewsHastings_Hoops

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:39 - Feb 26 by Sir_Chops

Electric Chair to dazzle as Leicester Freyed. 1-0 QPR.

Si baroni
Login to get fewer ads

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:52 - Feb 27 with 2811 views89_50

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:39 - Feb 26 by Sir_Chops

Electric Chair to dazzle as Leicester Freyed. 1-0 QPR.

This reads like a Flashscore match report headline. And I'm very much here for it.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:54 - Feb 27 with 2685 viewsHooparoo

May not mean much but it could be helpful that Leicester had to play extra time tonight. Let’s hope they played their first team and will be a bit buggered on Saturday. Lord knows we’ll need all the help we can get.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 02:50 - Feb 28 with 2583 viewsjoolsyp

Kudos for stepping up Spaceman! Even if we get bummed in the gob you deserve another crack at the West Brom game. As ‘arry might have said, it’s a bonus game innit!
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 03:26 - Feb 28 with 2566 viewsFredManRave

Let's face it, we all know we're going to lose this game. Leicester are the best team in the league and are destined to return to the Premier League.

Yes, they've lost their last two games, but that, in itself, is a perfect time to play us, as they'll get back on track with an easy home win.

But wait, this is QPR....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 03:50 - Feb 28 with 2552 viewsHooparoo

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 11:23 - Feb 26 by hubble

Spaceman, I thought you might have taken a break, as per Joolsy P's advice, but fair play, you've taken it on the chin.

So, re. your thread title: I can just imagine Marti in the dressing room, pre-match:

Listen lads, now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of Leicester,
And all the clouds that lour'd upon Loftus Road,
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried!

Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;
Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;
Our stern alarums changed to merry meetings,
Our dreadful marches to delightful measures.

But that's exactly the moment we should not complacent get.
Just because we beat the Millers
Does not mean a fig to the vast array
Of Premiership ponces that do Leicester's squad adorn.

So stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
And let's beat the bastards!

COME ON URRRRRRRRRRssssss!

Or something like that.

(And apologies for mangling Richard III with Henry V.)

Best Shakespearean mangle I’ve ever seen 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 05:01 - Feb 28 with 2519 viewsMatch82

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 20:59 - Feb 26 by Spaceman_P

I have kicked a ball at Loftus Road when I was a kid.... was a summer camp we got to do penalties, I can officially say I scored at the loft end.

Wish I could. Did round the pole once, tried to curl it into the top corner, shanked it, Jude laughed at me. Bstard.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 06:52 - Feb 28 with 2477 viewsdmm

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 05:01 - Feb 28 by Match82

Wish I could. Did round the pole once, tried to curl it into the top corner, shanked it, Jude laughed at me. Bstard.

They should bring back round the pole.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 09:09 - Feb 28 with 2385 viewsTheChef

So Leicester went to extra time last night but rested about half of their first team.

Clearly they're running scared.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 10:14 - Feb 28 with 2309 viewshubble

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 03:50 - Feb 28 by Hooparoo

Best Shakespearean mangle I’ve ever seen 😎

Your grace is noble!
Let me have such a bowl may hold my thanks,
And save me so much talking...

;-)

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 12:49 - Feb 28 with 2190 viewssoops

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:54 - Feb 27 by Hooparoo

May not mean much but it could be helpful that Leicester had to play extra time tonight. Let’s hope they played their first team and will be a bit buggered on Saturday. Lord knows we’ll need all the help we can get.

They've had a gruelling mid week extra-timer. We've had a week on the training ground.
I think we've seen enough of this Rangers team over the last couple of years to predict who looks more leggy at the the weekend
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 13:03 - Feb 28 with 2160 viewssaxbend

Leicester's midweek game means we have more of a chance than we otherwise might - probably made a huge difference to the Rotherham game too. If Leicester are at their best then we will not win, even if Chair and Willock both give the performances of their career. Anything less and we have a chance.

I do not predict a clean sheet. I would be easily consolable if we draw, other results notwithstanding. I'm calling 1-1.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 13:09 - Feb 28 with 2127 viewsfrancisbowles

We have to think if Millwall, who have been really poor, can go to Southampton and win, then we, who have been playing pretty well, can do likewise at Leicester.
It's always possible, we just have to believe it and maybe adapt our game a bit so we do more to avoid being caught on the break.
Richard III on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 1974 viewsSpaceman_P

I will be happy to step-down if things go as wonky as Gary Linekers' ears... I am taking one for the team and forum, by suggesting that this will indeed be a win for us!!

The cosmos hasn't treated us to well this year and I feel we deserve some luck.

We'll do this one for STAN, provided SINTON does a team talk, we've got this!!!

I still fancy Electric Chair to score.

If everyone collectively imagines we lost to Rotherham last weekend, we will win this one!!!
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:18]
Richard III on 23:58 - Feb 28 with 1862 viewsnumptydumpty

Richard III on 21:35 - Feb 26 by Boston

I have no idea Boston.

The highlight of my playing career was scoring the winner in my primary schools football team cup final in the last minute from one yard out

I know sod all about football and tactics that's why I find myself on here spouting nonsense like the odd one or two others!!! 😆

I actually, should not say this, but I think we will beat Leicester but tried to do a double negative and said we will get a footballing lesson, by way of being a superstitious no hoper but now you have got me to reveal my true thoughts on this game, I cannot be responsible for the inevitable result that now will take place.

I take full responsibility!!!
[Post edited 28 Feb 23:58]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 14:40 - Feb 29 with 1692 viewsNorthantsHoop

Not a bad record at Leicester, although our last outing there in 2015 saw us lose 5-1 but we were already relegated at that game. Probably be a Leicester win as they really are a Premier outfit, but the improvement under Marti could mean the result might be a lot closer than the gap in the table would suggest. If we can get a goal in front good chance we can come away with a positive result, be that a draw or a win.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 15:04 - Feb 29 with 1648 viewsrbee

Assuming that we mirror our opponents once again and that Stoke away was just a bad dream then I think this will be a close game. We should be at full strength, Cook and JCS, a combative midfield with Chair, Willock and Andersen having the talent to trouble Leicester and finally that little piece of freedom playing away from home.

Cannot predict an outcome but am wishing too much of my life away waiting for 3pm on Saturday.
Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 21:14 - Feb 29 with 1424 viewsSuperhoops2808

Richard III "Over My Dead Body" Leicester Vs QPR Match Thread on 05:01 - Feb 28 by Match82

5 of us did a penalty shoot out at HQ in front of the loft at half time against Sheff Wed... I was the only one to score and won a signed shirt.

I should add the goalkeeper was Jude the Cat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024