Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team v Blackpool 09:55 - Feb 22 with 5424 viewsPinnerPaul

Ok guess work/opinions time again.

I'm thinking he will play Moses and Stef, which will mean dropping Field and Amos, and moving Willock back centrally, behind whichever striker we despise the least up front!
Team v Blackpool on 10:20 - Feb 22 with 3691 viewsessextaxiboy

Despise is a bit strong ...even hater which gets used quite a bit as well . They are just not contributing ATM .... IMO

Seny
Albert Sanderson Dunne Barbet Moses
Field Johannson
Amos Willock Chair
Team v Blackpool on 10:38 - Feb 22 with 3637 viewsbosh67

.....................Seny
.....Sanderson.Dunne.Barbet
Albert.................................Moses
...............Field or Amos
................ Johannson
Willock........Dykes..............Chair

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Team v Blackpool on 11:03 - Feb 22 with 3556 viewsQPROslo

Team v Blackpool on 10:38 - Feb 22 by bosh67

.....................Seny
.....Sanderson.Dunne.Barbet
Albert.................................Moses
...............Field or Amos
................ Johannson
Willock........Dykes..............Chair

Can't see how he can leave out Hendrick after his MOM performance, or Field after his one of the next best, unless his sports science people are saying they need a rest. So in the hope they are good to go I'd like to see:

-----‐--‐---------‐----‐Dieng----‐----‐-‐-
Sanderson-------- Dunne-------‐Barbet---
‐-------‐-------------Field--------------------
Albert-------------‐---Hendrick-‐------‐-----------Moses
----------‐‐----Willock-‐--‐----‐-Chair------
--------‐-------‐-----Gray-------‐---‐--‐-----

Which I think is how we finished Saturday. I'm guessing Dykes won't be fit and Austin needs a rest.
Team v Blackpool on 11:05 - Feb 22 with 3553 viewsNorthernr

Team v Blackpool on 11:03 - Feb 22 by QPROslo

Can't see how he can leave out Hendrick after his MOM performance, or Field after his one of the next best, unless his sports science people are saying they need a rest. So in the hope they are good to go I'd like to see:

Which I think is how we finished Saturday. I'm guessing Dykes won't be fit and Austin needs a rest.

Yeh if I had to guess I think it'll be this too.
Team v Blackpool on 11:33 - Feb 22 with 3478 viewsMyke

Warburton has said he expects Steph n Jeff to play together this season. He also said Steph needed a break and Jeff needed game time I expect them to start together tomorrow night with Field dropping to the bench The advantage of playing both is that they can rotate cdm and adm regularly throughout the game or play side by side if necessary If Moses plays, he needs to be on his game because Bowler is on his
Team v Blackpool on 13:41 - Feb 22 with 3274 viewsQPROslo

Team v Blackpool on 11:33 - Feb 22 by Myke

Warburton has said he expects Steph n Jeff to play together this season. He also said Steph needed a break and Jeff needed game time I expect them to start together tomorrow night with Field dropping to the bench The advantage of playing both is that they can rotate cdm and adm regularly throughout the game or play side by side if necessary If Moses plays, he needs to be on his game because Bowler is on his

Yes, I read that Warburton said that, but thought he meant both playing together further up the pitch. I dont think Stefan has the physical attributes for a DCM, particularly the strength in the air Field has and he's better central midfield where he can use his tackling strengths and creativity to better effect. From what I've read of Hendrick he also normally plays further forward. He looked good central mid Saturday, maybe he'd make a decent DCM too, I dont know. Think Field is doing a good job there now but no doubt he'll need a rest one day.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 13:44]
Team v Blackpool on 14:33 - Feb 22 with 3176 viewsJeff

Unconvinced Jeff is unconvinced by the Field / Hendrick Axis.

They're a bit 'samey' - they spend large parts of the Hull game tripping over each other.

much rather one (Ideally Field as he's actually ours...) and SJ or Amos in there...

Can we not knock it?

Team v Blackpool on 14:49 - Feb 22 with 3127 viewscolinallcars

Hope he plays Moses.

After all, Moses supposes his toeses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously.

Never drink ESB at lunchtime.
Login to get fewer ads

Team v Blackpool on 15:02 - Feb 22 with 3065 viewsdaveB

Is Amos not the messiah anymore :-)

I think Moses and Gray will come into the side although I'd personally stick with Austin and use Gray off the bench second half
Team v Blackpool on 15:03 - Feb 22 with 3063 viewsStainrod

Field just seemed to spend a lot of time passing sideways to the centre backs, often when they are so close they are virtually standing next to each other. Stef has been guilty of this too, sometimes even behind the centre backs as a kind of sweeper. Which is nuts if you play with three centre halves. For me you can play any combination but if you don't get the midfielders higher up the pitch and playing forward you could have a young Steven Gerrard and Fat Frank Lampard in there and it wouldn't make much difference. People cried out for Amos and it made no difference. For me its far more about set up/ coaching/ tactics/ mindset than whether we choose this individual above that one as they are all of a fairly similar standard.
Team v Blackpool on 15:10 - Feb 22 with 3049 viewsBklynRanger

You'd think Stef would be ready to get back out there Shirley? Think I'd go back to his partnership with Field with the mad Norwegian breaking forward a lot more. Bring Hendrick on second half.

Hopefully McCallum is close to being able to start too - he seems to have been on 75 mins for a week or two now.
Team v Blackpool on 15:21 - Feb 22 with 3026 viewsfrancisbowles

Team v Blackpool on 15:10 - Feb 22 by BklynRanger

You'd think Stef would be ready to get back out there Shirley? Think I'd go back to his partnership with Field with the mad Norwegian breaking forward a lot more. Bring Hendrick on second half.

Hopefully McCallum is close to being able to start too - he seems to have been on 75 mins for a week or two now.

Offy reports, full 90 mins for Sam M in a B team that lost 3-1 to Oxford this afternoon. Bettache scored our goal.
Team v Blackpool on 15:23 - Feb 22 with 3017 viewsfrancisbowles

I think I would like Field covering for both Moses and Barbet as Bowler comes in off that wing virtually all the time.
Team v Blackpool on 15:23 - Feb 22 with 3009 viewskensalriser

Team v Blackpool on 15:03 - Feb 22 by Stainrod

Field just seemed to spend a lot of time passing sideways to the centre backs, often when they are so close they are virtually standing next to each other. Stef has been guilty of this too, sometimes even behind the centre backs as a kind of sweeper. Which is nuts if you play with three centre halves. For me you can play any combination but if you don't get the midfielders higher up the pitch and playing forward you could have a young Steven Gerrard and Fat Frank Lampard in there and it wouldn't make much difference. People cried out for Amos and it made no difference. For me its far more about set up/ coaching/ tactics/ mindset than whether we choose this individual above that one as they are all of a fairly similar standard.

Agree, it's more to do with how we're set up and how we approach the game. I'd like to see some more intensity and urgency; our build up play Sat was so ponderous and predictable Hull could easily get 11 behind the ball and block off routes to goal, knowing that only two or three of our players were a real threat from open play.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Team v Blackpool on 16:42 - Feb 22 with 2906 viewsBklynRanger

Team v Blackpool on 15:21 - Feb 22 by francisbowles

Offy reports, full 90 mins for Sam M in a B team that lost 3-1 to Oxford this afternoon. Bettache scored our goal.

Full 90? Right that must be him ready for Saturday at least. Sounds like we could've got 60 mins out of him tomorrow without that much risk but who knows.
Team v Blackpool on 16:53 - Feb 22 with 2877 viewsdannyblue

I was expecting Hendrick to play as a kind of second striker that could also drop into midfield. I thought that was what he did at Burnley. Perhaps I just had it all wrong, but still wouldn't mind seeing that some time - especially if one of Illy and Willy are out.

As others have said, I expect, and would also pick:
Seny Albert Dion Jimmy Yoan Moses Sam Steff Chrissy Ilias Andre G

With Gray running channels that should make more room for the 10s.

Feel a bit sorry for Andre D, perhaps he'll get to come on to the pitch again some time soon.
Team v Blackpool on 17:05 - Feb 22 with 2847 viewsdannyblue

Hahaha. The Hendrick. The irish trequartista

"So if Hendrick is an attacking midfielder, and doesn’t score or assist, and doesn’t really create that many chances, and is his club’s most substituted player, what the heck does he do?

One thing he does very well, maybe better than anyone else in the league, is get into position for the second ball. Burnley send a lot of aerials to the strikers, and if you watch Hendrick closely you’ll see how often he finds a spot where a header is likely to come down.

Another thing he does well is pass...

Put that together, and you have someone who gets to the ball and keeps the attack going, while himself only rarely creating or scoring goals. In other words, his most frequent task is to recycle the ball in an advanced position.

So I guess I get Jeff Hendrick now. In fact, I propose that, much like the famed Makelélé role, there be an official Hendrick role, also known as the ‘Burnley 10’ or ‘Irish trequartista.’"

https://www.football365.com/news/forensically-watching-ordinary-player-jeff-hend
Team v Blackpool on 17:43 - Feb 22 with 2773 viewsDieByYourSide

He passes the ball forward, and quickly, which marks him out for comment at the moment frankly.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Team v Blackpool on 18:45 - Feb 22 with 2668 viewsstevec

Team v Blackpool on 10:20 - Feb 22 by essextaxiboy

Despise is a bit strong ...even hater which gets used quite a bit as well . They are just not contributing ATM .... IMO

Seny
Albert Sanderson Dunne Barbet Moses
Field Johannson
Amos Willock Chair

Could easily backfire but I’d love to see us give it a go without a recognised centre forward.
Team v Blackpool on 22:17 - Feb 22 with 2501 viewsBurnleyhoop

Team v Blackpool on 18:45 - Feb 22 by stevec

Could easily backfire but I’d love to see us give it a go without a recognised centre forward.

Agree. If Dykes isn’t fit I wouldn’t bother with Gray or Chaz at all. Be interesting to see those 3 up top, although all the service into them would need to be on the deck.

Doesn’t really matter who plays or where if they all come out of it with 3, 4 and 5 scores.

If individually and collectively they are achieving 6,7 and 8’s we should be too much for Pool.

Need to be on it tomorrow, our points cushion has now gone.
Team v Blackpool on 01:06 - Feb 23 with 2389 viewsbob566

Team v Blackpool on 15:23 - Feb 22 by kensalriser

Agree, it's more to do with how we're set up and how we approach the game. I'd like to see some more intensity and urgency; our build up play Sat was so ponderous and predictable Hull could easily get 11 behind the ball and block off routes to goal, knowing that only two or three of our players were a real threat from open play.

Hull are one of those well drilled teams if they get in front are hard to beat. Score first and they're there for the taking. Concede first. Good luck
Team v Blackpool on 01:16 - Feb 23 with 2382 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Josh Bowler will be a major threat. I believe he is developing into a very good attacking player in the Championship.
He has helped us by playing well and scoring goals against our promotion rivals.
Just hope he has an off night tonight.

I would love it if we bought him back in the summer.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 1:18]
Team v Blackpool on 08:24 - Feb 23 with 2216 viewsTheChef

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Team v Blackpool on 09:13 - Feb 23 with 2127 viewsjoe90

As poor as Johansen has been, if fit he's a better option than Hendrick.

The pairing of Hendrick and Field against Hull was too defensive IMO.

We don't have many options, I'd expect a similar performance to what we saw against Hull. Let's hope Blackpool aren't as organised.

Dieng

Sanderson - Dunne - Barbet

Adomah - Johansen - Field - Odubajo

Chair - Willock

Grey
Team v Blackpool on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 2091 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Team v Blackpool on 09:13 - Feb 23 by joe90

As poor as Johansen has been, if fit he's a better option than Hendrick.

The pairing of Hendrick and Field against Hull was too defensive IMO.

We don't have many options, I'd expect a similar performance to what we saw against Hull. Let's hope Blackpool aren't as organised.

Dieng

Sanderson - Dunne - Barbet

Adomah - Johansen - Field - Odubajo

Chair - Willock

Grey

Be amazed if Hendrick is dropped after Saturday. He was on the front foot the last 30 and having a stormer, getting forward at every opportunity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024