Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. 17:51 - Jan 29 with 11297 viewsSnipper

How the bloody hell did West Brom let him go?

The boy is Premiership class. The best signing of the four loan players last season by a distance.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 17:54 - Jan 29 with 5548 viewsBoston

10 million.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 17:58 - Jan 29 with 5453 viewsNorthantsHoop

All over the pitch today, super player, he has been getting his mojo back for weeks now, was superb up at Coventry and he really gets Johansen going as well. We look a class outfit with these two playing alongside each other. Also Amos is starting to motor now as well.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:01 - Jan 29 with 5404 viewstimeforheroes

He is playing fantastically, can't take Johansen for granted though even if he hasn't been as eye catching as last season.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:02 - Jan 29 with 5398 viewsStreathamRanger

And Dozzell and the Dominator on the bench. Definitely well stocked in CM
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:05 - Jan 29 with 5332 viewstraininvain

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 17:58 - Jan 29 by NorthantsHoop

All over the pitch today, super player, he has been getting his mojo back for weeks now, was superb up at Coventry and he really gets Johansen going as well. We look a class outfit with these two playing alongside each other. Also Amos is starting to motor now as well.

I’m excited to see Amos develop as a player under Warburton and the coaching team. We know that players with potential have improved massively under Warburton and Amos was getting near the Spurs first team before his first ACL injury. He’s arguably got the highest ceiling in the squad in terms of potential.

Dykes is another one who I think will continue to improve his all round game. Exciting times!
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:05 - Jan 29 with 5321 viewsWatfordR

Spoke to gazza after the game. He reckoned Field “done ok”

Absolutely agree with OP, can’t see beyond Willock for MoM, but I thought Jojo was outstanding. Led the team like the general he is.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 18:10]
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:15 - Jan 29 with 5220 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:05 - Jan 29 by WatfordR

Absolutely agree with OP, can’t see beyond Willock for MoM, but I thought Jojo was outstanding. Led the team like the general he is.

JoJo given space, and he went to town on it. Excellent display.

Willock my MOTM, JoJo next, Dykes third.

Field played well but really lucky not to be booked much earlier by a ref who let him away with an awful lot.

Edit - Dykes moved to third (and I wouldn't argue with anyone who put him second). Criminal omission from me. I thought his flicks, urgency, pressing were all excellent, He did well to make space for the nod-in on his first goal, but one of my favourite types of goals is the deep lay-off, turn and go at pace to finish the winner, so the second goal gave me great joy.

We got Dykes back today. He lasted the full game injury-free, looked sharp, faster and more confident.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:52]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:29 - Jan 29 with 5136 viewsbosh67

Yes he looks like a huge player in the making for us. Amos, though, fully fit and running at the pace he does is starting to look a bit like the player Dele Alli was a few years ago (and Alli is only 25).

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:34 - Jan 29 with 5055 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:02 - Jan 29 by StreathamRanger

And Dozzell and the Dominator on the bench. Definitely well stocked in CM

It wasn't that long ago that we looked well short in midfield but Field and Amos have both returned from injury with a bang. It's like 2 new signings.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 0:23]
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 4853 viewsPaddyhoops

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:15 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

JoJo given space, and he went to town on it. Excellent display.

Willock my MOTM, JoJo next, Dykes third.

Field played well but really lucky not to be booked much earlier by a ref who let him away with an awful lot.

Edit - Dykes moved to third (and I wouldn't argue with anyone who put him second). Criminal omission from me. I thought his flicks, urgency, pressing were all excellent, He did well to make space for the nod-in on his first goal, but one of my favourite types of goals is the deep lay-off, turn and go at pace to finish the winner, so the second goal gave me great joy.

We got Dykes back today. He lasted the full game injury-free, looked sharp, faster and more confident.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:52]

We've barely conceded since he came into the side ..A class act.
Bang on about Willock. My MOTM but Dykes ran him very close. Great centre forward display.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:30 - Jan 29 with 4713 viewsstrikerace

For whatever reason, West Brom just never gave Fields a chance. The fans liked him though.

Willock MOM for me too, but I thought Dykes was excellent and my 2nd choice.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:33 - Jan 29 with 4667 viewsToast_R

The type of player we thought we had when we signed...wait for it...

Jordan Mutch
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:40 - Jan 29 with 4595 viewsSuperhoops2808

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 18:05 - Jan 29 by WatfordR

Did you ask Gazza what he thought of Dykes too?
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:43 - Jan 29 with 4573 viewsdmm

Agree with all the plaudits above. Field is a proper DCM who has brought significant improvements to the team since he's returned. And, given he's 23, he is going to get better.

I like Dom Ball but there is little comparison between him and Field. Sam does everything better than Dom, and by some distance.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:54 - Jan 29 with 4463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:04 - Jan 29 by Paddyhoops

Bang on about Willock. My MOTM but Dykes ran him very close. Great centre forward display.

Great point about Dykes, Paddy. I was chatting to a non-LFW friend on the phone after the game and we we both said the same, but then forgot that when posting. I've edited my post above.

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:02 - Jan 29 with 4389 viewsPaddyhoops

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:54 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Great point about Dykes, Paddy. I was chatting to a non-LFW friend on the phone after the game and we we both said the same, but then forgot that when posting. I've edited my post above.

What I liked about Dykes today was his hunger and his desire for his hatrick. Only for an incredible save from the reading keeper he would have had it as well.
He was an absolute f**king monster today and with Grey
to come back we are looking good in that department.
Charlie is not the man he was but his nous will be important on the run-in.
Sorry to mention him Brian. I know you're not his biggest fan.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:25 - Jan 29 with 4231 viewsLazyFan

Reading were pish poor today.

Reading defence was unable to win a header, every cross looked like we could turn it in. Midfield was okay going forwards but had no legs to get back. So, we ripped through them when we had the ball. The forward line was non-existent. And the goalie ... well looks like he should be in the U15 team.

Even when they get all the players fit again I suspect with departures and no money, they will be relegation fodder next season. Unless Posh can catch up and then we can get them gone this season. A faint hope.

Field was very good today, positioning was excellent. That must be coaching there. As was Amos. Amos linked very well with Willock, that's training ground coaching for sure.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:25 - Jan 29 with 4230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:02 - Jan 29 by Paddyhoops

What I liked about Dykes today was his hunger and his desire for his hatrick. Only for an incredible save from the reading keeper he would have had it as well.
He was an absolute f**king monster today and with Grey
to come back we are looking good in that department.
Charlie is not the man he was but his nous will be important on the run-in.
Sorry to mention him Brian. I know you're not his biggest fan.

No hassle, I don't hate him or anything!

And naturally I hope he gets going again.

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:31 - Jan 29 with 4184 viewsaston_hoop

The thing is, I'm sure he'd be West Brom's best player outside of Alex Mowatt these days! amazing they let us have him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:39 - Jan 29 with 4100 viewsBklynRanger

I think it's worth getting this thread back to Field though - 100% agree with the title - size, presence, awareness, effort and he's everywhere. A monster.

It was a bit mad that he avoided a card for so long but I think it's down to how he reads the game and uses his body. He's the perfect foil for Johanssen in a lot of ways.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:41 - Jan 29 with 4068 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:39 - Jan 29 by BklynRanger

I think it's worth getting this thread back to Field though - 100% agree with the title - size, presence, awareness, effort and he's everywhere. A monster.

It was a bit mad that he avoided a card for so long but I think it's down to how he reads the game and uses his body. He's the perfect foil for Johanssen in a lot of ways.

"I think it's worth getting this thread back to Field though"

Yes, sorry, dead right.

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:50 - Jan 29 with 4005 viewsBklynRanger

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 20:41 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

"I think it's worth getting this thread back to Field though"

Yes, sorry, dead right.

You're fine Brian! - Dykes definitely getting back to form and fitness and worth mentioning - that long range effort seemed to sum it up for me.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 21:08 - Jan 29 with 3860 viewsdm97

We haven’t had a player like him for so, so, so long (Derry?) Does all the simple things well, and knows how to con a referee!!!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 21:09]
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 21:39 - Jan 29 with 3678 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 19:04 - Jan 29 by Paddyhoops

Really good point about the few goals conceded (not solely down to Field, obvs, with the back three awesome, Marshal excellent and Wallace back in the side) - it's meant that even without Chair and Dykes (until today) a bit off his game, we've still been winning games 1-0 and the most disappointing result was a home 0-0 rather than an actual defeat.

Great platform to push on from if Dykes has his mojo back and when Chair returns so Willock doesn't have to be on it every game.
Sam Field is a fùcking monster. on 21:50 - Jan 29 with 3567 viewsGalileo

He was very well thought of at WBA before he got injured, thereafter they got promoted, dismissed his potential and cast him aside. He’s very good at what he does and after a run of games is beginning to flourish into the player we all required.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024