Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 34192 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1909 viewsDubaiR

Willock for chair, field for Ball, Albert for dykes
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1909 viewsMalintabuk

Are we getting close to having a worse home campaign season.... not withstanding relegation
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 with 1846 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 by stevec

Total admiration for Barnsley, a lesson in how to get the best out a set of ordinary players.

Spot on.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 with 1850 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 3 by DubaiR

We are more kick and rush than them just not as effective. We haven't got the ball down and played any football. Is that credit to them or we just poor tonight

We have played right in to their hands tonight , how anyone is “enjoying “ this is beyond me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 with 1840 viewsQPRSteve

Make sum attacking subs for god sake.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:23 - Mar 3 with 1791 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Make a f*cking change!
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:23 - Mar 3 with 1731 viewsNov77

Every time one of our players has the ball, two or three of theirs are swarming round them.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:23 - Mar 3 with 1740 viewsStanisgod

Oh to have SIX decent forwards to pick from, two would be nice.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1725 viewsdutch

Are you still enjoying this?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1724 viewsted_hendrix

They're in the play offs we're 8 points above the relegation zone, thems the facts.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1720 viewsactonman

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:20 - Mar 3 by DieByYourSide

Shite goal to give away, that. Tough game at Bristol City on Saturday too so could easily be 4 without a win in the blink of an eye...

And anybody who didn’t see that coming has not been paying attention all these years
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1718 viewsBklynRanger

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:20 - Mar 3 by BklynRanger

Welease Willers please Mark

Too complex for you Rat?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 1629 viewskarl

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 by paulparker

We have played right in to their hands tonight , how anyone is “enjoying “ this is beyond me

Game has changed since their 2nd goal, up till then game had a bit of flow to it and was end to end after that and particularly the whole of the 2nd half has been much poorer
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 1604 viewsNov77

We’re 3-1 down, and he’s hasn’t made an attacking substitution yet. Take a defender off, go to a back four and actually have a go at them

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 1613 viewsRussian__Bot

I've been a supporter of Warburton but his commitment to Dykes is going to cost him his lob eventually. The guy is criminally useless

He's also trying to do with Willock what McClaren did with BOS
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 20:27]
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:26 - Mar 3 with 1512 viewsDubaiR

right 3 on,
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:27 - Mar 3 with 1506 viewsdutch

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 by VancouverHoop

Spot on.

I can't admire this, it's ugly beyond tolerance.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:27 - Mar 3 with 1478 viewsNov77

Their keeper’s playing ‘rush goalie’.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:27 - Mar 3 with 1448 viewsactonman

Johansen Hollywood cross field passes are winding me right up
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 1381 viewsthemodfather

a well taken free kick by them for 2-1 and as we pressed they hit us on the break, we have not been shite but the red button sky commentary is all about tykes runnibg the show.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:29 - Mar 3 with 1251 viewsVancouverHoop

Barnsley made their subs on 55" we made ours ten minutes later – as usual. Warbs' reluctance to change his in game management arguably cost us a goal.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:30 - Mar 3 with 1238 viewsDubaiR

I think we have been aimless punts up top
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:30 - Mar 3 with 1196 viewsessextaxiboy

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:23 - Mar 3 by Nov77

Every time one of our players has the ball, two or three of theirs are swarming round them.

Thats when we need to move it quickly ...and we aint
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:31 - Mar 3 with 1144 viewsMalintabuk

Surprised with the comments tonight. We are not a good team.. we are not even a decent team... we are bang average and bang average teams are going to have games like this
Barnsley before tonight have won 5 on the trot which now looks like 6. They have found an identity and are good at doing what they do
Is it pretty no.... but dam effective
I only hope that next year we may de able to develop like Barnsley have.... but Warbs and the management have to sort out the forwards as what we have apart from Chaz is not good enough
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 1074 viewsMatch82

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 by paulparker

Couldn't watch it every week but it's refreshingly different in a weird way. If nothing else it does make me a little more grateful for the way we've been playing the last couple of years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024