Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 34190 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:11 - Mar 3 with 2029 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Get the bloody ball down.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:12 - Mar 3 with 1977 viewsNov77

Rotherham winning

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:12 - Mar 3 with 1958 viewsMalintabuk

Honestly Dykes is shocking....
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:13 - Mar 3 with 1939 viewswelwynranger

A masterclass in time wasting from Barnsley
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 3 with 1823 viewsWegerles_Stairs

They're bringing on three subs.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:15 - Mar 3 with 1793 viewsVancouverHoop

All kinda messy, Barnsley have slowed down a bit. But they're bringing on a bunch of subs.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:15 - Mar 3 with 1760 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Come on, let's have some changes too.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 3 with 1686 viewsBostonR

Surely Dykes getting hauled off at 60 mins.
Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:17 - Mar 3 with 1663 viewsNov77

Christ almighty, we were on the attack, 5 seconds later we’re 3-1 down

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:17 - Mar 3 with 1634 viewsessextaxiboy

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 by dutch

There's clearly a real division of opinion here, I think that is the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen this season. They are unwatchable and we're letting them do it.

No I am with you , but its effective and we have to deal with it .
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:17 - Mar 3 with 1585 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Laughable. Wallace f*cks up the cross and they storm down the other end. Amateur hour.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:17 - Mar 3 with 1575 viewsVancouverHoop

Oh dear. One of their subs scores immediately
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 3 with 1503 viewsCamberleyR

FFS

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 3 with 1486 viewsBklynRanger

Jesus Christ. Can't rely on Seny every game.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 3 with 1478 viewsjoolsyp

I'm not enjoying it so much now ...
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 3 with 1455 viewsted_hendrix

They know how to score we don't

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 3 with 1422 viewsMalintabuk

Seny is having a rare bad game ..... but that is that by the looks of things
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 3 with 1339 viewsDubaiR

We are more kick and rush than them just not as effective. We haven't got the ball down and played any football. Is that credit to them or we just poor tonight
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:20 - Mar 3 with 1334 viewsDieByYourSide

Shite goal to give away, that. Tough game at Bristol City on Saturday too so could easily be 4 without a win in the blink of an eye...

Poll: And it's hi ho

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:20 - Mar 3 with 1285 viewsBklynRanger

Welease Willers please Mark
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1235 viewspaulparker

Naive as hell
We have spent 10 minutes just kicking the ball up in the air like a bunch of 8 year old kids
And got done by a sucker punch
Out fought , out paced , and out thought
Crap

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1233 viewskarl

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:17 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Laughable. Wallace f*cks up the cross and they storm down the other end. Amateur hour.

Yes, just not enough care with the cross from Wallace
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1214 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 3 by DubaiR

We are more kick and rush than them just not as effective. We haven't got the ball down and played any football. Is that credit to them or we just poor tonight

I think we've been sucked into playing their game, and we don't have the speed to match it.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1214 viewsToast_R

Playing shit, deserve a beating. Just keep hoofing it up for their defence to easily clear it.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1185 viewsstevec

Total admiration for Barnsley, a lesson in how to get the best out a set of ordinary players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024