Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 34194 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 2214 viewsactonman

Are we playing 1 touch ? For all the good Warbs done in feb , it’s all quickly Unraveling
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:33 - Mar 3 with 2195 viewsR_from_afar

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:30 - Mar 3 by DubaiR

I think we have been aimless punts up top

I think that's partly down to the speed with which they close down. We are having to rush things

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:33 - Mar 3 with 2178 viewsstevec

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:22 - Mar 3 by paulparker

We have played right in to their hands tonight , how anyone is “enjoying “ this is beyond me

I normally get the major hump when we’re being beaten but the simplicity of Barnsley is beyond brilliant.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:33 - Mar 3 with 2168 viewsNov77

Unbelievable, 3-1 down, in their penalty area, and we go all the way back to our own goalkeeper.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 3 with 2042 viewsBostonR

They are a bunch of very fit hoof all merchants. A lot of mid-Championship clubs will look at Barnsley and think there is a way to compete.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 3 with 1993 viewspaulparker

Any chance we could nab Barnsley’s scouts in the summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:36 - Mar 3 with 1948 views2Thomas2Bowles

I bet someone comes on here and says Dykes is shit as is the manager...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:36 - Mar 3 with 1947 viewsted_hendrix

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 3 by BostonR

They are a bunch of very fit hoof all merchants. A lot of mid-Championship clubs will look at Barnsley and think there is a way to compete.

3-1 down at home, it's effective--someone has done their homework.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 1895 viewsDieByYourSide

Has their keeper made a save in the second half?

Poll: And it's hi ho

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 1898 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:35 - Mar 3 by paulparker

Any chance we could nab Barnsley’s scouts in the summer

Do they have a DoF?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 1883 viewsDubaiR

I wouldn't mind whoever recruits their managers 2 good ones in a row
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:38 - Mar 3 with 1842 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:32 - Mar 3 by Match82

Couldn't watch it every week but it's refreshingly different in a weird way. If nothing else it does make me a little more grateful for the way we've been playing the last couple of years.

Like it or not it's clearly effective at this level, during this bizarre time. It could even get them promoted. Where they'd be annihilated almost every match, but come back down with shed-loads of cash.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:38 - Mar 3 with 1758 viewskarl

Good spell and we're playing our own game at the moment, get an early goal back and could get a point here. We're playing better and they've eased off
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:39 - Mar 3 with 1685 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Are we hitting long balls to Chair?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:40 - Mar 3 with 1642 viewsactonman

Game over , we have no answer to this and now the sh!thousery
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:40 - Mar 3 with 1621 viewsStanisgod

Chuckles letting them take as long as they want at goal kicks.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:41 - Mar 3 with 1593 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:39 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Are we hitting long balls to Chair?

Yep we have been sh1te tonight , back to playing naive football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:42 - Mar 3 with 1511 viewsjoolsyp

We really do struggle against teams that press us and are much fitter and quicker to the ball than we are.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:43 - Mar 3 with 1439 viewsessextaxiboy

I never leave early but i am fighting the urge to turn off ....
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:43 - Mar 3 with 1408 viewsQPRSteve

Outplayed all game with no idea how to combat them.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:44 - Mar 3 with 1363 viewsDubaiR

I will get shot down but that's most teams. We have won what 10/11 games out of 47/48?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 1253 viewsRangersw12

Poor tonight and as Sinton has been saying sucked into playing long ball game

Have to admire Barnsley's work rate and attitude and I hope they get in the play offs
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 1195 viewsNov77

This is ale house football

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 1198 viewsBklynRanger

Top drawer by Dickie there
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 with 1193 viewsted_hendrix

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 by Rangersw12

Poor tonight and as Sinton has been saying sucked into playing long ball game

Have to admire Barnsley's work rate and attitude and I hope they get in the play offs

They're in the play offs

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024