Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 34205 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 3 with 1951 viewsessextaxiboy

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Why hasn't Dykes been taking throws previously?

At the moment its the only justification for his selection, apart from the fact that his two likely replacements are no better ..
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 3 with 1934 viewswortonranger

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 3 by paulparker

This is awful
Whose enjoying this ??

I am. It’s an excellent game. Fancy us to win it still.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 3 with 1931 viewsjoolsyp

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 by dutch

Did somebody on here earlier say Barnsley play good football? This might be the ugliest version of kick and rush I've seen since the school playground. Long ball, frenetic, nasty anti-football. Effective but horrible to watch. Hoofball with a high press.

Hoofball in their own half - Barca in ours.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 3 with 1931 viewsjoe90

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 3 with 1893 viewsericgen34

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 3 by paulparker

This is awful
Whose enjoying this ??

I am. It's fascinating to watch and relentless. I'm quite impressed by them and I feel we can score too
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:58 - Mar 3 with 1884 viewsRs_Holy

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 3 by wortonranger

+1
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:59 - Mar 3 with 1838 viewsStanisgod

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 by dutch

Did somebody on here earlier say Barnsley play good football? This might be the ugliest version of kick and rush I've seen since the school playground. Long ball, frenetic, nasty anti-football. Effective but horrible to watch. Hoofball with a high press.

That's what I thought. Like watching footie in my grandsons under 10s. All chasing the ball round, which is worrying as their winning.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:59 - Mar 3 with 1834 viewsdutch

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:58 - Mar 3 by Rs_Holy

+1

It's making me feel sea-sick.
Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:59 - Mar 3 with 1817 viewsGreenbay

HT REPORT
This is an improved performance from Rangers following our poor efforts at Preston and Birmingham.
Unfortunately undone by two set pieces.
Wallace poor defending the near post from a corner plus a very good Barnsley free kick.
If only Dykes could score a goal occasionally.
His clear miss has proved costly so far but I do think he has the ability to improve after one season at Championship level. Just goes to show how poor the Scottish Premier League is apart from Rangers and Celtic - who are IMO Championship level.
At least Dykes has added a good long throw which is very useful.
We still have a chance to get something out of this game.
Looking useful in attack with the ball spread wide to Kane.
Willock and Adomah most likely to be the subs.
Hope Charlie stays on - unless the science says something else.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:01 - Mar 3 with 1771 viewsessextaxiboy

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 3 by ericgen34

I am. It's fascinating to watch and relentless. I'm quite impressed by them and I feel we can score too

Quick short accurate passing is how to combat them and the press generally , unfortunately we havnt done any of that for 3 or 4 games now . We need to move their little groups of two and three around...
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:01 - Mar 3 with 1758 viewsToast_R

Think Barnsley will win this 4-1.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:02 - Mar 3 with 1712 viewsMalintabuk

Am I the only person who thinks it might be a bit counter productive having your CF taking a long throw?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:02 - Mar 3 with 1708 viewsted_hendrix

Barnsley are bloody good at what they do, might not like it but we gotta deal with It, we draw level and a couple of minutes later they are back in front, no head dropping they score again.
They are gonna be at us for the next 45 minutes too, we haven't lost yet, they are not bloody magicians but we've got our hands full tonight.
Any chance, any chance we get to score just has to be put away, seems to me this lot wont give us a second chance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 with 1677 viewsdutch

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:01 - Mar 3 by essextaxiboy

Quick short accurate passing is how to combat them and the press generally , unfortunately we havnt done any of that for 3 or 4 games now . We need to move their little groups of two and three around...

There's clearly a real division of opinion here, I think that is the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen this season. They are unwatchable and we're letting them do it.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 with 1676 viewsbakerloo8

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:02 - Mar 3 by Malintabuk

Am I the only person who thinks it might be a bit counter productive having your CF taking a long throw?

He ain't scoring so why not?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 with 1661 viewsstevec

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:57 - Mar 3 by joe90

Best international football team of all time, like us tragic they got so near without winning the big prize. Great time for quality football.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 with 1652 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 3 by wortonranger

I must be watching a different game then as we have been very poor & naive imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:04 - Mar 3 with 1632 viewsMalintabuk

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 by bakerloo8

He ain't scoring so why not?

True there is that and it might be also said he is better keeping out of the way
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 1594 viewskarl

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:59 - Mar 3 by dutch

It's making me feel sea-sick.

This game does show that we all view the game differently, obviously with that we can attribute players with differing levels of input too.
So far Barnsley have edged it overall but as Nov77 says we could have easily been in the lead.
Defence is perhaps a little more insecure than it has been lately but that has to be down to the pace of the game, equally our speed of counterattack and willingness to get quick ball up front directly is a little surprising too
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 1584 viewsgolborne

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

Hoofball in their own half - Barca in ours.

This is proper siege football. They remind me of sheff Utd under warnock - I used to call it squaddie football. Both teams have 57% passing accuracy, so we have been dragged into their game good and proper. Lowest I’ve seen from us this year. Usually circa 70%+ and during the run we were up in the 80’s. Might need to remove ball after 15 if we haven’t pulled one back and put willock in the middle. Ie get hold of it and bring the game to them. He’s also not the worst at tracking when he’s in that position
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 1566 viewsR_from_afar

If those 45 or so minutes were the first part of a gunfight, in the second half, they would've been all out of ammo and throwing Stetsons and shoes at each other

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:08 - Mar 3 with 1473 viewskernowhoop

I wonder why we are not playing like we were a couple of weeks ago.
Have the players decided that we are safe and 'that's all for now folks'?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:08 - Mar 3 with 1469 viewsNov77

I hope he’s not thinking of taking Charlie off!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:09 - Mar 3 with 1409 viewsR_from_afar

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:03 - Mar 3 by paulparker

I must be watching a different game then as we have been very poor & naive imo

I think they have been better than us but we have at least done our homework and not dallied on the ball in defence

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:10 - Mar 3 with 1372 viewsNov77

It’s just headers and volleys at the moment!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024