Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 34203 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:48 - Mar 3 with 2452 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:42 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

We really do struggle against teams that press us and are much fitter and quicker to the ball than we are.

We don't have a clearly defined style, or if we do we don't have the players to execute it. That's Barnsley's achievement. It doesn't matter whether it's ugly football. It's simple and they can all execute it. Reminds me of Wimbledon's 'Route One' approach back in the day. They got pelters too.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 20:49]
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:48 - Mar 3 with 2447 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:43 - Mar 3 by essextaxiboy

I never leave early but i am fighting the urge to turn off ....

I would , Warburton has given up with those last two subs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:48 - Mar 3 with 2444 viewsted_hendrix

Jesus in nigh on 180 minutes of football they've put the ball into our net six f ucking times.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:49 - Mar 3 with 2387 viewsBklynRanger

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 by ted_hendrix

They're in the play offs

Worth remembering in the brief moment before the mushroom cloud goes up.

A massively unfashionable team in great form vs one who have only quite recently clicked.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:50 - Mar 3 with 2332 viewsjoolsyp

Field has been poor sincve he came on.

Free-kick central on the D for Barnsley. Mowatt ...
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:50 - Mar 3 with 2319 viewsQPRSteve

How on earth is that a booking or even a foul?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:50 - Mar 3 with 2314 viewsRangersw12

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:46 - Mar 3 by ted_hendrix

They're in the play offs

Let's hope they are in May
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 2250 viewsStanisgod

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:50 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

Field has been poor sincve he came on.

Free-kick central on the D for Barnsley. Mowatt ...

Never a free, chuckles on form, same thing with chair first half did nothing.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 2166 viewsMatch82

Lovely ball from field.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 2151 viewsjoolsyp

Much better from Field, puts Bonne through but he's offside and doesn't control it anyway.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 2133 viewsVancouverHoop

Bonne should have been all over that pass from Field.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 2132 viewsR_from_afar

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:49 - Mar 3 by BklynRanger

Worth remembering in the brief moment before the mushroom cloud goes up.

A massively unfashionable team in great form vs one who have only quite recently clicked.

Get thee to an Anderson shelter quick smart

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 2063 viewskarl

Ultimately just not good enough, little spell at the end where we started passing it about but not enough.
Barnsley do what they're good at and we did get sucked into panicking into early playing too frantic.
Wasn't through lack of effort, just not at the races tonight
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 2067 viewsToast_R

Well that was a pile of shit wasnt it? Totally out fought and totally out thought. Lost to a much better team.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 2027 viewsNed_Kennedys

Barnsley have totally outplayed us tonight in all areas: they’ve been great, we’ve been terrible. Fair play to them: only Austin can say he’s played well for us tonight. Poor substitutions again: where is the ‘sports science’ in leaving Austin on when the game had been lost as soon as the 3rd went in?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 2001 viewsR_from_afar

Johansen shot on target, the keeper saves

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 1932 viewsozexile

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:42 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

We really do struggle against teams that press us and are much fitter and quicker to the ball than we are.

I call them "Better Teams"
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:55 - Mar 3 with 1895 viewsdannyblue

Don't mind this loss so much somehow, not compared to Birmingham. Barnsley were very good at what they do and we couldn't cope. We tried hard. Mistakes from senior pros before each of their 3 goals (Wallace, Johansen, Cameron). Sinton had it right - we were sucked into playing their game, rather than making them play ours.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:55 - Mar 3 with 1880 viewsR_from_afar

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 3 by R_from_afar

Johansen shot on target, the keeper saves

... and now he saves another, but now it's all over. 1-3 FT

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:56 - Mar 3 with 1814 viewsToast_R

Someone dope test that team especially their goalkeeper, he's off his nut.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:57 - Mar 3 with 1773 viewsBrazilNutR

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:53 - Mar 3 by Ned_Kennedys

Barnsley have totally outplayed us tonight in all areas: they’ve been great, we’ve been terrible. Fair play to them: only Austin can say he’s played well for us tonight. Poor substitutions again: where is the ‘sports science’ in leaving Austin on when the game had been lost as soon as the 3rd went in?

The sports science probably has to be played in line with some political science, as he would probably get pelters if he takes Austin off immediately after conceding a goal, it would look like he was throwing the towel in.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:57 - Mar 3 with 1770 viewsdutch

That was both the ugliest and most annoying match in many a moon. I have zero admiration for their pre-historic football, but even so we let them get away with it. You counter hoofball with concise passing, controlled, considered and coherent, instead we acquiesced to their neanderthals on sulphate style and got thrashed as a result. Give me strength that was horrible to watch.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 21:00]
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:57 - Mar 3 with 1755 viewsRangersw12

As many have said got sucked into playing a game were not suited to.

Will leave the usual suspects to only remember the last 3 games and forget about the winning run.

DOF thread within an hour? Warburton out bla bla bla
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:58 - Mar 3 with 1718 viewsqprxtc

Some blokes pay to get their bollocks done in with a cheese grater.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 20:58 - Mar 3 with 1711 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
What's the problem?
We finish tonight in 17th spot - just one behind our coveted 16th.
And it looks like we're 8 points clear from third from bottom Rotherham - before they finish their match at Sheff. Wed.
And we have a game or two in hand.
Would you have settled for 16th or 17th spot at this stage of the season with 14 games left?
As JFH used to say - it is what it is.
And we all know the reasons why.
We were spoilt lavishly by our 6 wins in 7 - that's probably saved us from relegation.
A point a game from now on and we should be ok especially with three home matches after Bristol City on Saturday.
Wycombe, Huddersfield and Milwall - we could get at least 7 points from that.
We'll be fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024