Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread 13:04 - Jul 10 with 36078 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I’ve been quite lucky so far no?

Well managed England play will defeat the Italians by the odd goal.

Here’s me putting the gauntlet down:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:57 - Jul 11 with 1485 viewskensalriser

Better team won. Sancho and Saka have real balls for stepping up. Why not Sterling or Grealish?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:57 - Jul 11 with 1486 viewsBazzeR

What a poor game
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:58 - Jul 11 with 1468 viewsCamberleyR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:57 - Jul 11 by Logman

Wasn't there anyone more senior than Saka to take that all important penalty ?

Sterling should have been taking that.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:00 - Jul 11 with 1433 viewsRanger_Things

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:55 - Jul 11 by aston_hoop

Congratulations to Italy

Yep hats of to them. England did very well but Italy were the better team.

For the first time in my life it's looking promising for the World Cup.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:01 - Jul 11 with 1420 viewsstevestrange

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:58 - Jul 11 by CamberleyR

Sterling should have been taking that.

Sterling?? Are you kidding, he's got 2 left feet
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:01 - Jul 11 with 1412 viewsCiderwithRsie

Really felt for all the guys who missed, they're just kids really. Respect to them for stepping up.

Not their fault we let it slip before then, a second goal in that first 30 minutes when we had them cold and it'd have been all over.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:04 - Jul 11 with 1369 viewsCamberleyR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:01 - Jul 11 by stevestrange

Sterling?? Are you kidding, he's got 2 left feet

Somebody who's played internationally 60 odd times and scored nearly twenty goals should have been putting his hand up to take one ahead of some 19 year old kid.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:04 - Jul 11 with 1359 viewsMalintabuk

Yep Italy were by far the better team but still gutted and thought for once Southgate got it wrong tonight
Not sure if we sat back, just think Italy over ran us Chiesa was immense
Maybe also question as to why Southgate only gave Rashford and Sancho 2 mins of the game and then expect them to take high pressure penalties
But congrats to Italy deserved winners
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:05 - Jul 11 with 1352 viewsloftboy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:01 - Jul 11 by CiderwithRsie

Really felt for all the guys who missed, they're just kids really. Respect to them for stepping up.

Not their fault we let it slip before then, a second goal in that first 30 minutes when we had them cold and it'd have been all over.

Who coaching them to take penalties like a tart? Just leather it ffs

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 11 with 1332 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:54 - Jul 11 by TGRRRSSS

Should never have had SAka take one to be honest.

Ok….couple of minutes to think. After 30 mins, Italy were the better side. England’s rigidity stymied their forward play, I kept thinking ‘play like you do for your club lads’, get Grealish on etc etc. I’m sure many were feeling exactly the same. Penalties…hate them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 11 with 1312 viewsClive_Anderson

Said to the missus that Rashford and Sancho were going to miss when he brought them on just for penalties. Piles the pressure on them coming on just for that.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 11 with 1321 viewsBlackCrowe

So apart from the first 20 mins it was men against boys today i reckon. But god we did well to make it to pens. And then what a fck up...why oh why do we think pausing fakery works (apart from Eze), just take the fcker like the Italians did...i hate that. And i'm sorry, but giving the fifth penalty to a rookie 19 year old is just bad management, i hope it doesn't but it could have lasting damage on the youngster's career.

Aaagh.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:07]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:07 - Jul 11 with 1310 viewsCiderwithRsie

Congrats to Italy who were the better team over the match and excellent throughout the tournament, but I have never warmed to them over the years and apart from Chiesa I can't say I like this version of them much.

Don't get me wrong, they're very good, but they're sort of the anti-Netherlands.

EDIT: that said, apart from the actual football team Italians are lovely and they've had a cr*p two years with Covid. I hope it brings them some joy.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:09]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:09 - Jul 11 with 1256 viewsTGRRRSSS

A lot for Southgate to look into in the respect of Saka taking it, of course he may have been screaming to take one but....

IN terms of Sterling he looked fckd from about 80th minute.

Did the extra days rest help Italy?

Nonetheless I never thought England would make the final, so credit where it's due.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:10 - Jul 11 with 1244 viewsLogman

Yes, hats off to Italy and Mancini. They did their homework on us and played bloody well as a team.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:10 - Jul 11 with 1241 viewsflynnbo

Well played Italy who were the better side overall. Can't recall their keeper making many saves. I really hope I'm wrong but worry about the abuse some of our players will receive tonight. Want to give Saka a hug.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:12]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:12 - Jul 11 with 1223 viewsBoston

Hmm, the Italians who speak Italian win the European Cup and the Italians who speak Spanish win the Copa America. Hasn’t England got loads of Italian descent, ffs get them out of the catering business!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:13]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:12 - Jul 11 with 1223 viewsnix

Italy were definitely the best team from about ten minutes before half time. Congratulations to them.

I think we got the tactics wrong once they started to control possession. I'm not sure why Mount stayed on so long when he was offering so little.

But overall it's been a very good tournament and the team have conducted themselves very well.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:13 - Jul 11 with 1212 viewsessextaxiboy

After getting the planning and tactics spot on for a month they got the penaltys totally wrong .
Making 2 subs with two.minutes to go meant they were taking penaltys under enormous pressure having hardly had a touch They are just kids , the commentators keep saying we have a team full of leaders , only Kane and Maguire stepped up ..
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:16 - Jul 11 with 1164 viewsJuzzie

Absolutely gutted but nowhere near as gutted as in was in 1990 and 1996. We have had a great tournament and took it to literally the last kick.

We had 30 odd mins to win the game but overall you can see why Italy were early favourites. They can be pretty and ugly in the same game.

Pens are horrible. You score all 5 and no one questions their age, who decided which players would take them and in what order etc.

I just hope there isn’t too much negativity and abuse. We have a good foundation, roll on the World Cup.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:17 - Jul 11 with 1141 viewsessextaxiboy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 11 by BlackCrowe

So apart from the first 20 mins it was men against boys today i reckon. But god we did well to make it to pens. And then what a fck up...why oh why do we think pausing fakery works (apart from Eze), just take the fcker like the Italians did...i hate that. And i'm sorry, but giving the fifth penalty to a rookie 19 year old is just bad management, i hope it doesn't but it could have lasting damage on the youngster's career.

Aaagh.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:07]

Those stuttering run ups mean that your standing foot is rarely in the right place to hit it properly ..
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:18 - Jul 11 with 1129 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thought Southgate got it tactically right at the start but once Italy worked out the system controlled the game and made all the running for the next 60 minutes. Southgate finally countered and livened it up and England were on the front foot but never fancied England on penalties as I struggled to think of 5 takers not sure about the 2 subs to take them. Pity Foden wasn't available as I would've fancied him from the spot
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:20 - Jul 11 with 1105 viewsRanger_Things

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:07 - Jul 11 by CiderwithRsie

Congrats to Italy who were the better team over the match and excellent throughout the tournament, but I have never warmed to them over the years and apart from Chiesa I can't say I like this version of them much.

Don't get me wrong, they're very good, but they're sort of the anti-Netherlands.

EDIT: that said, apart from the actual football team Italians are lovely and they've had a cr*p two years with Covid. I hope it brings them some joy.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:09]

I love the way Italy play these days. Spinazzola getting injured was a huge loss but organisation, experience and most of all technique got them through. They are clearly the best side in Europe but I don't think this England side is that far off, and tonights experience will only make them grow as a side.

Lots of positives to take when the disappointment fades.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:24 - Jul 11 with 1061 viewsdavman

Mount.

Yes, he is Chelsea, so maybe I am one eyed, but I am not sure I have seen a player work so hard at avoiding the ball outside of Dodgeball. He offers nothing.

Apart from him, this lot played above themselves.

Rice was superb tonight and even Phillips, who I am not a fan of grew into that game. Pickford looked like a liability during the semi, but was awesome tonight.

I think what lost it for us was keeping Mount on too long and trying to defend that 1-0 lead. We were so deep and could not keep the ball. Much better 10-15 mins after they equalised, but why couldn't we carry on in that vein after going 1-0 up.

A shame, but apart from the Scotland game, this lot largely delivered. Unbeaten throughout the tournament.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:26]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:25 - Jul 11 with 1051 viewsaston_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:12 - Jul 11 by Boston

Hmm, the Italians who speak Italian win the European Cup and the Italians who speak Spanish win the Copa America. Hasn’t England got loads of Italian descent, ffs get them out of the catering business!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:13]

I'm English of part Italian descent and didnt get the call! Then again, I'm also of Northern Irish descent and they havent shown any interest either.

But in reality, this is just the beginning isnt it? Young squad, quality players, togetherness, bring on the future.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024