Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread 16:01 - Sep 30 with 29709 viewsMyke

Apologies for early thread, but a lot on for the weekend . I think Saturday will be a case of just checking my phone for updates. Anyway, I'm going for us to make it six points out of six, with a narrow, hard-fought 2-1 victory. Willock and Chaz.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 08:35 - Oct 2 with 3085 viewsDorse

Preston are now using illusions and close up magic to fool refs into taking time off the clock when they're in front.
'Is this your watch, Sir?'

A win for the good guys. 3-1.Dom Ball to debut his new improv comedy troupe 'Yeti's Welly' as part of their pre-Edinburgh warm up tour. The rain will not help.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 08:52 - Oct 2 with 3054 viewsstevec

I predict itโ€™ll starting pissing down as I step out of my front door and stop as I step back through it.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:06 - Oct 2 with 2939 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 21:27 - Oct 1 by ManinBlack

I like the optimism on here for a big win but the rancid weather conditions might muck up our style of play. For all the good form this year I can only recall a 4-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday. Big wins with unprolific strikers are hard to get.

We may play sexy football but teams who do not seem to chalk up big wins. Brum won 5-0 at Luton (how on what we saw the other night?), Luton beat Coventry 5-0 (who had looked good up to this game), Sheffield United couldn't score in a brothel and then beat Peterborough 6-2, Blackburn beat Cardiff 5-1 etc etc blah blah.

When are we going to score 5 or more? Won't be tomorrow as I see the Preston keeper was the star man in their draw with Stoke clearly warming up for us to produce another 5 star goalkeeping display like the Bournemouth and Bristol keepers.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 21:28]

Interestingly Andy Sinton said the wet conditions should suit our style of play on Tuesday night.

He intimated that was why we water the pitch so much.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:22 - Oct 2 with 2917 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 08:52 - Oct 2 by stevec

I predict itโ€™ll starting pissing down as I step out of my front door and stop as I step back through it.

Well its started now and it ain't stopping!
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:24 - Oct 2 with 2908 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive admitted he hadn't seen much of PNE, are they STILL as bad with the old 'game management' as they were before I wonder?

Hopefully, a nice early goal from us and we don't get to find out!
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:57 - Oct 2 with 2859 viewsHantsR

Oh well, fuel in short supply, pi**ing with rain and we've got big family do chez nous - guess I won't make PKE match!

They hold a special place in my memory as they were the first team I ever saw beat us at LR - we'd easily beaten them 2-0 the week before, then drew them in the cup and lost 3-1 - Archie Gemmel scoring a wonder goal (that he was to repeat in the World Cup 10 years later). I felt devastated, it was like finding out that (spoiler alert) there isn't really a Father Christmas!
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 13:27 - Oct 2 with 2688 viewsnumptydumpty

For some strange reason , am amazingly confident about giving PNE a right royal stuffing...

6 - 1 speaks loudly

Queen's Park Loaners today...

It's a given !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 13:53 - Oct 2 with 2614 viewsMick_S

Very busy in Coventry. 1 down at ht now 3-1 up.

4-1.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 13:59]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:06 - Oct 2 with 2534 viewsEmpireStateRanger

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:09 - Oct 2 with 2492 viewsRatKingCole

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:06 - Oct 2 by EmpireStateRanger

Strong team this. Like it a lot.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:11 - Oct 2 with 2480 viewsdanehoop

Strong bench as well, with plenty of options.

Never knowingly understood

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:19 - Oct 2 with 2420 viewsCamberleyR

Wasn't expecting to see Johansen back this side of the international break I must say, the way he limped off at West Brom.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:22 - Oct 2 with 2391 viewskensalriser

Agreed, no makeweights on that bench at all.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:38 - Oct 2 with 2226 viewsMick_S

Did I read this correctly? PNE scored in their last 25 games. Sky banner at the bottom of the tv.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:42 - Oct 2 with 2184 viewsDorse

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:38 - Oct 2 by Mick_S

Did I read this correctly? PNE scored in their last 25 games. Sky banner at the bottom of the tv.

It was actually only their last 3 matches: it just felt like 25.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:43 - Oct 2 with 2174 viewsMick_S

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:42 - Oct 2 by Dorse

It was actually only their last 3 matches: it just felt like 25.

Youโ€™ve confused me now.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:46 - Oct 2 with 2134 viewsMyke

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:19 - Oct 2 by CamberleyR

Wasn't expecting to see Johansen back this side of the international break I must say, the way he limped off at West Brom.

Would be happier if he didn't play today and was 100% fit for Fulham. But I guess we have to trust the medical team.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:48 - Oct 2 with 2110 viewsMick_S

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:46 - Oct 2 by Myke

Would be happier if he didn't play today and was 100% fit for Fulham. But I guess we have to trust the medical team.

On todayโ€™s showing, if we press ( I know) Fulhamโ€™s centre backs, it could be a decent afternoon.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:51 - Oct 2 with 2072 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Let's hope we can turn it on today. Team looks strong on paper - let's hope we play well and get a good result.
Rangers 2 Preston 0
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:02 - Oct 2 with 1918 viewssupahoopsa

Any streams for this?
My usual go to's, freestreams-live1.com and VIPLeague don't even have our game listed

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:08 - Oct 2 with 1721 viewskensalriser

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:38 - Oct 2 by Mick_S

Theyโ€™ve failed to score in three league games this season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:08 - Oct 2 with 1711 viewsBklynRanger

Can't time waste if they can't get the ball!...
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:13 - Oct 2 with 1532 viewsMick_S

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:08 - Oct 2 by kensalriser

Theyโ€™ve failed to score in three league games this season.

Iโ€™ll get me coat.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:18 - Oct 2 with 1371 viewsMatch82

Is this us?

Not far off. According to my research (Google) we drew 0-0 with Preston in February. Since then we have only failed to score in ONE game.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:18 - Oct 2 with 1346 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykesssssssss! 1-0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024