Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 26064 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 05:51 - Dec 20 with 7332 viewsstowmarketrange

I woke up feeling like sh@t yesterday,aching limbs and a throat feeling like it’s full of razor blades.I took a lft yesterday morning which was negative,but I’ll take another one today.The aching has subsided a bit but the throat is still sore.
Hardly any sleep last night,but at least I’ve been able to watch the cricket.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:13 - Dec 20 with 7203 viewsStreathamRanger

One thing worth saying about the LFTs is that they don't pick up covid as early as they could. I did 2 tests with swabs up my nose and both were negative. On the same day, I did two tests with swabs in nose and throat and both came back positive. If you want a more accurate result I'd say make sure you swab your throat.

I work in a primary school and 17 members of staff, myself included have tested positive in the last 7 days. Who knows how many kids have it, they're not obliged to do any testing.

Fortunately, I've not really had any symptoms. I've had the booster and I had covid before maybe 10 weeks ago. Having to isolate away from my wife and kids isn't ideal but at least they're currently testing negative. I'm hoping to start testing negative again in time to get out for Christmas.

January is going to be chaos. Hoping schools stay open but many will close due to staff absence. It's impossible to get supply teachers these days and even if you could, most schools can't afford them anyway.

I just really hope most people only suffer mild symptoms and we can crack on a bit more as normal in the spring.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 7:16]
Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:17 - Dec 20 with 7193 viewsdistortR

best wishes to you all, we're waiting for lft results to see if we can get our eldest daughter home this year.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:42 - Dec 20 with 7142 viewsactionword

This sounds very similar to me….I had one night of terrible sleep (waking up in sweats etc), started developing a sore throat and generally feeling tired. 3 lateral flows all said negative but did a pcr which came back positive….merry christmas(!)

Anecdotally from friends, it seems a lot of lateral flows not showing positives; if you have any cold/flu symptoms I’d suggest getting a pcr! Especially if you are then going to see elderly relatives at Christmas!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:06 - Dec 20 with 7051 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:13 - Dec 20 by StreathamRanger

One thing worth saying about the LFTs is that they don't pick up covid as early as they could. I did 2 tests with swabs up my nose and both were negative. On the same day, I did two tests with swabs in nose and throat and both came back positive. If you want a more accurate result I'd say make sure you swab your throat.

I work in a primary school and 17 members of staff, myself included have tested positive in the last 7 days. Who knows how many kids have it, they're not obliged to do any testing.

Fortunately, I've not really had any symptoms. I've had the booster and I had covid before maybe 10 weeks ago. Having to isolate away from my wife and kids isn't ideal but at least they're currently testing negative. I'm hoping to start testing negative again in time to get out for Christmas.

January is going to be chaos. Hoping schools stay open but many will close due to staff absence. It's impossible to get supply teachers these days and even if you could, most schools can't afford them anyway.

I just really hope most people only suffer mild symptoms and we can crack on a bit more as normal in the spring.

The lft kit that I picked up last week have short swabs that won’t reach the back of your throat anyway,so you have to do the nostril thing with them.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:15 - Dec 20 with 7008 viewsStreathamRanger

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:06 - Dec 20 by stowmarketrange

The lft kit that I picked up last week have short swabs that won’t reach the back of your throat anyway,so you have to do the nostril thing with them.

All the kits they're handing out now have short swabs but you can still just about get them to the back of your throat. I only did it after reading a thread from a doctor on Instagram. I think he did six tests in total. Just nose were all negative. Nose and throat were all positive.

As others have said, any symptoms, especially if you live in London where Omicron is out of control, then your safest bet is a PCR.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:18 - Dec 20 with 6999 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:15 - Dec 20 by StreathamRanger

All the kits they're handing out now have short swabs but you can still just about get them to the back of your throat. I only did it after reading a thread from a doctor on Instagram. I think he did six tests in total. Just nose were all negative. Nose and throat were all positive.

As others have said, any symptoms, especially if you live in London where Omicron is out of control, then your safest bet is a PCR.

Cheers mate.I’ll give it a go later.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:23 - Dec 20 with 6979 viewsPunteR

Had a cold Friday , took a test , negative. Took a test Saturday as i still didn't feel 100% ,just felt like a head cold and that came back negative. Bad night sleep on Saturday and felt fluey so took another test and that came back 100% positive. Lines showed up straight away. I'm now waiting for PCR test results.
No wonder theirs a shortage of lateral flow test kits. I'm not totally convinced how accurate the kits are or how responsive to covid they are.?
No idea if i have Omicron. This is my 2nd time of having covid. I'm jabbed up thank goodness so dont feel too bad. Under normal circumstances i would've gone to work today regardless.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:39 - Dec 20 with 6941 viewstraininvain

I had a cough and fever on Wednesday last week and living in London I naturally assumed it was Covid. Woke up Thursday night with a burning sensation in my throat which disappeared the next day. All a bit strange.

Multiple lat flow tests from Wednesday to Saturday were negative and pcr test also came back yesterday as negative.

Feeling a lot better this morning and can only assume that I had a non-Covid illness. Wanted to share my experience as there are other bugs going around.

Good luck all and hope you’re better for Christmas and Rangers next game whenever that might be!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:15 - Dec 20 with 6816 viewsngbqpr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:39 - Dec 20 by traininvain

I had a cough and fever on Wednesday last week and living in London I naturally assumed it was Covid. Woke up Thursday night with a burning sensation in my throat which disappeared the next day. All a bit strange.

Multiple lat flow tests from Wednesday to Saturday were negative and pcr test also came back yesterday as negative.

Feeling a lot better this morning and can only assume that I had a non-Covid illness. Wanted to share my experience as there are other bugs going around.

Good luck all and hope you’re better for Christmas and Rangers next game whenever that might be!

Very similar experience to mine TiV.

A reminder that, despite our very natural fears that any cough, sniffle or ache is the 'rona, other illnesses are still doing the rounds.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:16 - Dec 20 with 6807 viewsTGRRRSSS

Hope everyone gets better soon, there are viruses around beyond Covid as well and I imagine the normal flu's and bugs are getting about as it their want..... I guess.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:54 - Dec 20 with 6699 viewsAnonymousR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:13 - Dec 20 by StreathamRanger

It's disappointing but not surprising.

There has been a lot of debate about moving to nasal only tests for wider use. They are as sensitive - the Flowflex test is excellent - but rely on being used properly. People struggle to put the swab far enough into the nasal cavity to collect material for the sample. LFDs are designed to show viral load, i.e. how much infection is in place, and to have the best opportunity to do that they need a good deep sample. Many people collect from a quick roll around inside the nostril which is not far enough.

Always blow your nose fully and, to collect a test fully, put your head back so your nasal cavity is horizontal. The swab needs to be rotated 4-5 times from the roof of the nasal cavity, a good inch within the nose.

If you gag a bit, you're doing it right.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:09 - Dec 20 with 6644 viewsNed_Kennedys

I tested positive last Wednesday: felt a bit off, had a bad night’s sleep and woke with a massive headache so to be on safe side did the nasal test which immediately showed both lines, PCR test at Lea Valley drive through confirmed. Triple jabbed so don’t feel too bad but I’m sneezing a lot which is apparently a sign nowadays.
10 days ends on Boxing Day.
Gutted as I’d managed to avoid catching it for so long but did go to a Spoons the weekend before so I was obviously playing with fire there 😵
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:13 - Dec 20 with 6628 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:54 - Dec 20 by AnonymousR

It's disappointing but not surprising.

There has been a lot of debate about moving to nasal only tests for wider use. They are as sensitive - the Flowflex test is excellent - but rely on being used properly. People struggle to put the swab far enough into the nasal cavity to collect material for the sample. LFDs are designed to show viral load, i.e. how much infection is in place, and to have the best opportunity to do that they need a good deep sample. Many people collect from a quick roll around inside the nostril which is not far enough.

Always blow your nose fully and, to collect a test fully, put your head back so your nasal cavity is horizontal. The swab needs to be rotated 4-5 times from the roof of the nasal cavity, a good inch within the nose.

If you gag a bit, you're doing it right.

My wife is an expert at it now and takes great delight in shoving the swab up my nose and back of my throat(she denies this of course) making gag and cry like a baby.

My PCR has just come back positive.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:19 - Dec 20 with 6597 viewsBklynRanger

I haven't been out for 10 days now, except for one quick trip to the shops up the road on Saturday morning. The wife and I have been self-isolating to try to make sure we're able to go to NY on Wednesday. She hasn't seen her mum in person since Sept '19 and I had health stuff over the summer which forced us to cancel. So we're trying our best to make it happen.

Does not feel like something to look forward to at the minute though I must say - more a case of going over contingency plans for if we have to stay longer/ self-isolate there. Plus the various tests, check lists, medical cover. What a time to be alive (though I am actually thankful for that...).
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:22 - Dec 20 with 6583 viewsDorse

Tested positive last Wednesday. Isolation until 23:59 on Christmas Day. Gawd bless us all, Tiny Tim.

Not Omicron according to the PCR dudes but then I always did go for the retro style.

Fever has been a bugger but, other than that, the hardest thing has been avoiding everyone else in the house so they can keep clear.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:38 - Dec 20 with 6354 viewsdaveB

I tested positive when we came back from Finland so came out of my 10 days at the weekend although I don't think I actually had it. During that time i had multiple text messages and phone calls from the doctors saying i must get boosted which would have meant coming out of isolation to do it which became a bit annoying after the 3rd call and having to explain the same thing again.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:45 - Dec 20 with 6334 views1MoreBrightonR

Ive had a few symptoms and been relentless testing over the last 7 days and all negative, but will do. aPCR before seeing family just in case. Some friend were convinced they had it but got negative PCR tests.

Worth remembering that there just is a tonne of flu and colds around, as always, at this time of year and its worse than normal due to all our immune systems being weaker after isolating etc. doesn't mean don't be very cautious and test etc, but not everything is covid.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:46 - Dec 20 with 6325 viewsthame_hoops

Similar experience to a lot of you here. Had symptoms for 3 days before I finally tested positive on a lateral flow, then the PCR.
Night sweats were awful, literally woke up drenched two nights in a row. Mild flu and Acheyness, lungs at half capacity for couple days. Only just getting smell and taste back. Had
No appetite throughout.

Get better
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:52 - Dec 20 with 6304 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:45 - Dec 20 by 1MoreBrightonR

Ive had a few symptoms and been relentless testing over the last 7 days and all negative, but will do. aPCR before seeing family just in case. Some friend were convinced they had it but got negative PCR tests.

Worth remembering that there just is a tonne of flu and colds around, as always, at this time of year and its worse than normal due to all our immune systems being weaker after isolating etc. doesn't mean don't be very cautious and test etc, but not everything is covid.

I babysat my granddaughter on Thursday and she has a really bad cold and chest infection,so maybe that’s where mine came from,but it felt strange to only get the start of symptoms 48 hours later.
Thanks for all the info.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:58 - Dec 20 with 6287 viewsslmrstid

Get well all, I came down with a bug last weekend and feared the worst as for 24 hours or so I felt awful. My LFTs were negative but a Dr friend nagged me to getting a PCR, and that ended up being negative too.

I didn't get any cold/flu last year as we were all sheltered away, but have changed jobs since and am now back full time in a full working environment where normal bugs plus Covid fly around. So even a normal cold I think is hitting harder because I haven't had one for two years.

That Dr friend has since come down herself, although she's not too poorly thankfully, but still having to isolate.

Feels like the net is closing in though, I'm certain its a matter of time until I come down.

I've had the two jabs and booster now so fingers crossed that will prevent it from being too serious when it does come.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 6263 viewsqprd

the incubation period is a bit confusing. i started getting symptoms last monday, but didnt test positive until thursday nite

my gilrfiend, who i live with, also had symptoms last monday but didnt get a positive test (despite 2 PCRs + multiple lateral flow tests in the interim) until this morning

just keep taking tests and act responsibly if youre feeling unwell

on the bright side, the symptoms are really mild
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:09 - Dec 20 with 6251 viewsNorthernr

Tested positive, so no Christmas or Bournemouth for me.

Suspected as much, had booster on Thursday last week, knocked me absolutely for six on Friday which the other ones didn't. Saturday woke up with a scratchy, tickly throat, no cough. Last three nights haven't slept, lots of sweats. generally fine, working today, but all the symptoms are there, and returned three positive lateral flow tests. So no Christmas, no Bournemouth, alone in the house for ten days. Absolutely, totally, gutted.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:11 - Dec 20 with 6227 viewsHayesender

Funny you should say that. I've developed a nasty raised rash on my face in the last couple of days.

Done a couple of lateral flow tests, both negative, but have been raiding the medicine cupboard for my hay-fever tablets

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:14 - Dec 20 with 6211 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:09 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Tested positive, so no Christmas or Bournemouth for me.

Suspected as much, had booster on Thursday last week, knocked me absolutely for six on Friday which the other ones didn't. Saturday woke up with a scratchy, tickly throat, no cough. Last three nights haven't slept, lots of sweats. generally fine, working today, but all the symptoms are there, and returned three positive lateral flow tests. So no Christmas, no Bournemouth, alone in the house for ten days. Absolutely, totally, gutted.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sorry to hear that news mate.At least the game is on Sky,assuming you’ve got it.Happy Christmas to you and get well soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024