Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road renovation/revamp 13:14 - Sep 20 with 56593 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the news we heard this week from Ruben that LR is now more likely to be redeveloped over a new stadium, I wanted to open up a specific thread for it.

Any ideas on how we can improve LR.

NOTE: Serious ideas only.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:18 - Sep 21 with 3849 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:15 - Sep 21 by Monkey_Roots

Any chance at all that 'we're not looking anywhere else' was a negotiating tactic?

That's one of the possibilities, I agree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:18 - Sep 21 with 3845 viewscolinallcars

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 23:28 - Sep 20 by Boston

Actually thought the Air Force was involved.

When I was in the RAF, my wingco said “what's the visibilty like Allcars?”
“ I dunno sir “ I said, “ Hard to tell in this fog”.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:40 - Sep 21 with 3760 viewsRs_Holy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:10 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I admire your optimism, Conor.

Personally, based on their track record, I can't bring myself to believe anything the owners say when it comes to this issue. Monday's announcement, where they talked to the fans about talking to the Council and about not talking to the fans about not talking to the Council, is surely the most absurd newspeak to date.

I think when Fernandes was at the helm it was all a bit crazy... It was the proverbial 'open mouth and engage brain later'... We were led to believe that we'd be moving into a 40,000 stadium at Old Oak Common. All the artists impressions were done, Car Giant were going to have to sell the land to the club necessary to build it, there was going to be a high speed rail link from central London to the stadium etc.

Then it became apparent that the only thing that had been done were the artist impressions.
I like the way Ruben comes across. He is a lot more measured than Uncle Tony. At the forum I thought he said enough to keep us in the loop ie Linford Christie and other potential sites look a non starter, council are working closely with the club to now re-develop/enhance the Loftus Road site! That was it! Who knows what redevelop/enhance actually mean?
Maybe it is just converting the SA Stand hospitality room and bar into a huge hall capable of conferences/exhibitions/beer festivals ... but 2 years? It just doesn't add up?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 13:51]
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:56 - Sep 21 with 3706 viewskernowhoop

Is staying at a tarted-up Loftus Road equivalent to being what our previous Italian owners described as a 'boutique' football club?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:45 - Sep 21 with 3604 viewsNorthantsHoop

The issue seems to be in my mind with any re-development of Loftus Road can it be modernised to improve the viewing , seating, corporate and hospitality experience for a core 18,000 crowd and have the means to allow a modest say 10% to 15% crowd expansion, if the club is successful in the future. We have to work within a 18,000 to 20,000 crowd size footprint, any larger than this is probably totally unworkable.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:24 - Sep 21 with 3516 viewsQPRConor2000

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:10 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I admire your optimism, Conor.

Personally, based on their track record, I can't bring myself to believe anything the owners say when it comes to this issue. Monday's announcement, where they talked to the fans about talking to the Council and about not talking to the fans about not talking to the Council, is surely the most absurd newspeak to date.

You've got to remember that there will be a time when the owners will come out and will reveal it, but until then we can only wait and see.

I think, at times the club has been a little too transparent, and I'm sure the club do not want to repeat the same mistakes again.

of course their not perfect, but there is no such thing as being completely perfect and they've got decisions wrong in the past.

I say we can only wait and see, but I think there will be something done to revamp LR ether way.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:27 - Sep 21 with 3499 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:24 - Sep 21 by QPRConor2000

You've got to remember that there will be a time when the owners will come out and will reveal it, but until then we can only wait and see.

I think, at times the club has been a little too transparent, and I'm sure the club do not want to repeat the same mistakes again.

of course their not perfect, but there is no such thing as being completely perfect and they've got decisions wrong in the past.

I say we can only wait and see, but I think there will be something done to revamp LR ether way.

Fair play man. I think there may be something else going on, but I like your posts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:36 - Sep 21 with 3444 viewsjoe90

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:45 - Sep 21 by NorthantsHoop

The issue seems to be in my mind with any re-development of Loftus Road can it be modernised to improve the viewing , seating, corporate and hospitality experience for a core 18,000 crowd and have the means to allow a modest say 10% to 15% crowd expansion, if the club is successful in the future. We have to work within a 18,000 to 20,000 crowd size footprint, any larger than this is probably totally unworkable.

Just my view but we don’t have a ‘core’ 18k crowd. If we were to ‘rebuild’ LR, we’d probably only get 15-16k stadium.

It’s all about the quality not the quantity*

*That’s what she said.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:51 - Sep 21 with 3398 viewskensalriser

Kind of bored with all this now. I'm only really interested about what's actually going to happen, training ground, fine, all the other stuff is just endless talk and no action.

Mostly I'd just like us to win the next game. That would be a good start.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:02 - Sep 21 with 3246 viewsNortholt_Rs

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 06:57 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Yeh the post further up about us talking about new stands and Ruben probably thinking about knocking a few walls through is spot on IMO.

Remember that later on in the forum when they were talking about the PA system hey said it needs rewiring, which will be more than £100k, so they're not going to bother doing it. That doesn't immediately sound like a club that's about to complete a £100m property deal for all the houses on Ellerslie Road does it?

This lot ain’t spending a bean on the ground. They been here 12 years now and the gaff is worse than ever.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:12 - Sep 21 with 3211 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Any improvement will be to increase the income. Some on here mention cutting capacity, as we rarely sell out, then ticket prices will go up to offset the reduced capacity. Sunderland was pretty full up.
They'll be looking to increase corporate use during the week.

And as we can't go up, maybe dig down. Aren't basement extensions all the rage in west London?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:19 - Sep 21 with 3186 viewsParkRoyalR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 07:16 - Sep 21 by Gloucs_R

Buy the school, redevelop the school end with a new lay out, less capacity for away fans, more executive boxes.

Extend SA road back to the actual road.

Still the same 💩 leg room in LR and ER.

Redeveloped School End could then become the new Home End with the Away Fans being relocated to the Loft End (did'nt Fulham similarly switch home end?)

Away fans can then be kettled out of the current Loft End alongside The Springbok and along that pavement back to the station, easier contained that current match-day when either all leave together or the likes of Millwall, Cardiff, (and ideally Birmingham City) get corralled down the Uxbridge Road.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:40 - Sep 21 with 3143 viewsstevec

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:19 - Sep 20 by NewBee

I genuinely don't wish to offend, but might their "long-term commitment" just be a simple recognition of the fact they're stuck with the club, since there's no-one out there who would take it off their hands?

At least for a sum which would clear the club's debts, never mind give the owners some sort of return on their investment to date?

And even if they were to absorb all the debts themselves, and give the club away for a nominal sum, would anyone want to take on a club which is losing £1m a month as it is; which needs huge investment in players but which would not be permitted by FFP; which has little realistic prospect of promotion to the PL as things stand; and which needs a massive sum (maybe £200m?) spent on a new stadium, or a complete rebuild of LR which could cost nearly as much?

Seems to me that with their apparent disinclination to move to a new stadium, plus their apparent unwillingness to do much to LR beyond the minimum necessary, your owners don't have any long term plans for the club beyond keeping going from month to month.

Yes, they did buy a new training ground, but even that is on land which should retain its value regardless and besides, they still asked the fans to part fund it via a bond. While when it came to renaming the Stan Bowles Stand, there too they wanted the fans to stump up a sum which for them (owners) was absolute peanuts.

And yes, "What about the million quid a month they keep spending?" I hear you ask. It seems to me that if they didn't do so, the club would simply go bust, meaning that it would be worth even less than it is now.

But maybe they'll prove me wrong and spend proper money on the stadium, to help get the club back up where you want it to be.

That just about covers it.

The house that Jim built will remain the same until it eventually falls down.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:44 - Sep 21 with 3139 viewsdaveB

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:45 - Sep 21 by Rs_Holy

Do the club need to talk to the council for 2 years about knocking a few walls through?... I think we are all examining Rubens comments and trying to do the detective work on them...
So bulleted points of what he said in answering the original stadium question...

* Working with the council very closely
* Very supportive over the last 2 years
* Will continue great discussions with them
* (at the end of the discussions) will reveal a lot more of how we want to re-develop or further enhance this current site.

Working very closely with the council for 2 years... to knock a few walls through?...

(Actually thinking about it that might be the case? It took Woking Council 9 months to add a mini roundabout to a road in Shearwater! The wheels do move very slowly these days in the UK).
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 12:01]

It's almost certainly to do with the School and relocating that school and what they can do with that land. I doubt you'll see a rebuild of loftus Road but will be some sort of conference facility, a bar or a restaurant that kind of thing that the club own and will use to create revenue all year round.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:52 - Sep 21 with 3123 viewsPunteR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:51 - Sep 21 by kensalriser

Kind of bored with all this now. I'm only really interested about what's actually going to happen, training ground, fine, all the other stuff is just endless talk and no action.

Mostly I'd just like us to win the next game. That would be a good start.

Yeh this is where I am with it all.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:53 - Sep 21 with 3118 viewsPaddyhoops

Any improvements will be a bonus . I think they’ve given up on finding a new ground so have decide to explore other Avenues.
I think if we can keep our current capacity and increase corporate revenues it will be a good thing.
Our attendances have stayed at a decent level considering we’ve been shite for quiet an along time now and I’m expecting plenty of 16000 plus crowds with a lot of big clubs in this division now.
I for one, would hate to leave Loftus road.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:21 - Sep 21 with 3060 viewsstevec

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:44 - Sep 21 by daveB

It's almost certainly to do with the School and relocating that school and what they can do with that land. I doubt you'll see a rebuild of loftus Road but will be some sort of conference facility, a bar or a restaurant that kind of thing that the club own and will use to create revenue all year round.

There’s no parking in the area, plenty of bars restaurants and conference facilities with far better transport links all over London and I can’t imagine too many women being over impressed with a night out next to the White City estate.

The owners need to think outside the box as bars and restaurants are a bit old hat and are renowned for being financially unviable.

A hotel on the school site fully equipped for asylum seekers would be a far better option, fulfilling the community aspect, getting the local Council onside and at the same time be financially lucrative for the club. The future for clubs like ours is linking the football to a profitable non football commercial business and as mentioned there’s cash and kudos guaranteed in what is clearly going to be a growth industry for decades to come.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:35 - Sep 21 with 3046 viewsderbyhoop

Sorry to be negative but
1. The size of the concourses compared to the number in certain stands, E.G. Stanley Bowles, doesn't allow for exit in the case of emergencies. So that wouldn't be approved if applying now.
2. Suggestions of taking out current corporate facilities is counter productive. The boxes/corporate facilities bring in far more than pay on the day admission
3; The size of the plot is too small to allow any major changes.

Anything that means we can replace foot wide stanscions with some sort of cantilever set up, would remove many of the restricted views. I've no idea about costs and it is unlikely to change the capacity significantly.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 20:16 - Sep 21 with 2942 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:50 - Sep 20 by BAWHoops

I actually think the key phrase was 'we rarely fill it'. Wouldn't surprise me if they cut capacity but increase corporate.

Could seem them knocking down SAR and rebuilding it with 3/4 corporate (a bit like the new stand at Fulham).
Other than that not sure what else. Perhaps rebuild the school end, make it nice and put families in there and shift away fans to half of Ellerslie.

So then capacities could look like this

SAR - 4k (with majority corporate/club)
School - 2k
Stanley Bowles - 4k (half for away fans)
The Loft - 3.5k (all rail seating in Lower Loft)

So a 13.5k capacity stadium with a swanky corporate area and a new stand behind the goal

I think they're bluffing but if they are thinking about it I doubt they'd spend tens of millions of pounds to reduce capacity to 13.5k.

If it were me and a study proved it feasible I would look at:

(1) Digging down
(2) Getting rid of the pillars that restrict view
(3) Replacing Ellerslie Road with a 2 tier stand with, space permitting, conferencing in between
(4) Buying the school grounds, rebuilding the School End and then making that a home stand (whilst relocating away fans to a corner block).
(5) Widening the concourse area to improve traffic and provide better facilities/catering
(6) More rail seating in the lower loft
(7) Mild improvements to South Africa
(8) Improved changing rooms (particularly the home room)
(9) Moving office facilities (bar ticketing) to Heston
(10) Finally resolving all the tedious issues that have plagued the stadium for years, whether it be PA system, catering, toileting, lighting, sprinklers, etc.

Naturally all of the above would be subject to planning/safety considerations and fan consultation.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:46 - Sep 21 with 2798 viewsnadera78

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:00 - Sep 20 by QPRConor2000

https://calfordseaden.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road/

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road

talking of the revamp, does anyone remember this?

It's worth clarifying that those are two different proposals.

The one by Michael Drain dates back to Briatore's ownership and really just matches that man's ideas - small stadium charging fans a fortune and then whacking a load of exec boxes on top to do likewise. But there's no way on earth you'd ever get planning permission for 3 tiers of boxes above the SBS, it would double the height of the stand and completely overshadow the houses. It's delusional, just like Briatore.

The Calford Seaden proposal, on the face of it, is much more interesting. They took the basic work Michael Drain had done (ie site measurements, existing structures, etc, etc) and then looked at how they could reconfigure everything. What makes these guys more interesting to me is two things: 1) they've worked with Wimbledon, Brentford and Watford, and 2) when you look at this more recent link they say "Loftus Road, duration 2019 onwards".
https://calfordseaden.com/wp-content/uploads/Extended-Case-study-Stadiums-Experi

However, given everything we've seen from the owners over the past decade I think other posters have got it spot on when they say the club are looking at removing some office space and opening a new lounge or something.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:53 - Sep 21 with 2775 viewsMatch82

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:35 - Sep 21 by PunteR

Is one of the players dad's putting in a quote to fit some speakers..? Which I thought was quite funny..

Hell of a sneaky way to circumnavigate FFP!

Personally I think that we should combine some of the previous suggestions, build a massive fck off glass walkway over the top of the entire pitch, charge people 100 quid a pop for a literal birds eye view of the game (ladies may have to wear trousers otherwise might be a little distracting for the players) and shove a few concessions up there while we are at it. Problem solved, I'm sure the Mittals have a contract in the glass business that they can hook us up with fire a discount on the building. Keeps the rain off too.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:35 - Sep 21 with 2718 viewsHoopsie

I understand the pessimism regarding our owners, they have done too much damage in the past to warrant your trusts

However, maybe not talking too much or showing hands too early is what they learned.

OOC - with cargiant fiasco and all the artist impressions of the new stadium etcetera was the biggest egg in the face, they put the cart before the horse when we neither have had the cart nor the horse

And Linford Christie - at one point we were wondering if there’s a fallout with the council thinking the owners wanted the land for free and all those sorts of conspiracy theories

Then we have the never ending story of the nimby inspired objections to Warren Farm (owners not to be blamed) but with a fairy tale ending when the owner blind sided everyone including the fans by announcing Heston and look at that now.

If you are the owner after enduring so much criticism with your enthusiasm (or naivety or arrogance or whatever) what would you do? Perhaps just keep the mouth shut and keep working on the background to make things happen, just like Heston and not OOC or LC

Meanwhile, let’s us just speculate what wonderful things we could do with LR with our imaginations - dig down, buy school, build over SA road, buy houses, tear down whole stadium, or just tickle some walls etc etc etc. No harm done ✅
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 11:16]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 06:02 - Sep 22 with 2572 viewsHoopsie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:46 - Sep 21 by nadera78

It's worth clarifying that those are two different proposals.

The one by Michael Drain dates back to Briatore's ownership and really just matches that man's ideas - small stadium charging fans a fortune and then whacking a load of exec boxes on top to do likewise. But there's no way on earth you'd ever get planning permission for 3 tiers of boxes above the SBS, it would double the height of the stand and completely overshadow the houses. It's delusional, just like Briatore.

The Calford Seaden proposal, on the face of it, is much more interesting. They took the basic work Michael Drain had done (ie site measurements, existing structures, etc, etc) and then looked at how they could reconfigure everything. What makes these guys more interesting to me is two things: 1) they've worked with Wimbledon, Brentford and Watford, and 2) when you look at this more recent link they say "Loftus Road, duration 2019 onwards".
https://calfordseaden.com/wp-content/uploads/Extended-Case-study-Stadiums-Experi

However, given everything we've seen from the owners over the past decade I think other posters have got it spot on when they say the club are looking at removing some office space and opening a new lounge or something.

What I gleaned after reading the report, things of note are;

1- The services provided to QPR for the feasibility study includes "Rights of Light and Party Wall" amongst others such as building surveying, structural and M&E engineering suggest the nature of the "talk" with Council, seems like a view to revamp the stadium in making changes to the building height and size

2. "The study identified the potential for an increase in capacity between 30% and 50%". this is interesting while a lot here doubt we could increase the stadium capacity with better leg room etc; but this is what the experts have analysed. A 30% increase of the current 18,439 capacity is 23,970. 50% means 27659. Not that we really need it some of us would say (16,000 average is what we have about now), but it is note worthy that this is what the experts say not just some figure plucked from the sky and I have reason to believe this can be achieved through adhering to planning and local design and stadium guidelines (see Pt 1 above - right of lights and party wall study)

3. Of course this comes with a price as has been quoted "....the project could be delivered
for a construction cost in the order of £75m - £93m depending upon which options were implemented". Well we don't have the specifics but let just speculate the sums of 75m and 93m equate to a 30% and 50% in stadium capacity respectively, just to take a simple view. Which means that if we are just happy with a 10% increase in capacity (20,283 - quite a nice size) which means, at 15,000 pounds a seat (taking into account the economies of scale) = 1844 seats x 15,000 = 27.7 million pounds. Taking only 10% increase instead of the 30% or 50% increase means that we could divert the cost and "room for expansion" to add financially beneficial commercial facilities like corporate boxes, conference and event halls, boutique hotel (?), gymnasium, QPR museum and other function amenities within the site. If you take the 27 million and double it, 50m or so for a "stadium" with better year round use, is it ok? (Heston is about 20 million pounds - just the facilities and the pitches - land cost?). It takes away time (years) to find a new site, the price of land, the fight with local communities (legal), time and cost for planning approvals and construction - and only if we "all agree" on the new location (has to be in W12 etc) and so forth

4. "The Wrap" - Watford FC - "the delivery of ‘The Wrap.’ This project provides 164 mixed-tenure dwellings that wrap around the existing football stadium as well as WFC stadium
accommodation including new changing rooms, a media suite and offices as shell and core". Ridiculous as it seems, I am equating this to "our wrap" if we develop the stadium stands at the Loft and Stanley Bowles to incorporate the existing dwellings alongside it at Loftus and Ellerslie roads. Again I shall quote the "Right of light and Party Wall" service provided with the feasibility study. Why would this be undertaken if not with the view of doing this, and doing "the right thing" to our neighbours along Loftus and Ellerslie Roads and to a certain extent the School End?

5. Together with this limited information (and my make believe deductions), the engagement with the Council over 2 years of talk, to me, seems like a significant turn of events. Firstly, we have been told the talks are positive with Council and are progressing. Secondly, as we all know the tightness of the 5 acres site and the (im)possible room for expansion (air space or building envelope, buying school site notwithstanding), and by engaging experts with the know-how and "done it before" experience, I believe the Council has reasons to believe we are serious in the redevelopment in terms of the desire to work with the Authority and local communities for a win-win. Council might also agree partly due to the fact that to move the club to a site within the borough and the same post code, which it has be for 100 years, is an extremely difficult endeavour as we all already knew. And if we could expand a little (if not in size but mass / plot ratio) and simultaneously add the "financial life blood" facilities (to be sustainable) into the existing site within planning rules and regulations, I see no reasons for the Council to be uncooperative. I see only positives.

Pardon the wild speculation but like some say, anything is possible until we know the specifics.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 8:50]

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 07:31 - Sep 22 with 2491 viewsstevec

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 06:02 - Sep 22 by Hoopsie

What I gleaned after reading the report, things of note are;

1- The services provided to QPR for the feasibility study includes "Rights of Light and Party Wall" amongst others such as building surveying, structural and M&E engineering suggest the nature of the "talk" with Council, seems like a view to revamp the stadium in making changes to the building height and size

2. "The study identified the potential for an increase in capacity between 30% and 50%". this is interesting while a lot here doubt we could increase the stadium capacity with better leg room etc; but this is what the experts have analysed. A 30% increase of the current 18,439 capacity is 23,970. 50% means 27659. Not that we really need it some of us would say (16,000 average is what we have about now), but it is note worthy that this is what the experts say not just some figure plucked from the sky and I have reason to believe this can be achieved through adhering to planning and local design and stadium guidelines (see Pt 1 above - right of lights and party wall study)

3. Of course this comes with a price as has been quoted "....the project could be delivered
for a construction cost in the order of £75m - £93m depending upon which options were implemented". Well we don't have the specifics but let just speculate the sums of 75m and 93m equate to a 30% and 50% in stadium capacity respectively, just to take a simple view. Which means that if we are just happy with a 10% increase in capacity (20,283 - quite a nice size) which means, at 15,000 pounds a seat (taking into account the economies of scale) = 1844 seats x 15,000 = 27.7 million pounds. Taking only 10% increase instead of the 30% or 50% increase means that we could divert the cost and "room for expansion" to add financially beneficial commercial facilities like corporate boxes, conference and event halls, boutique hotel (?), gymnasium, QPR museum and other function amenities within the site. If you take the 27 million and double it, 50m or so for a "stadium" with better year round use, is it ok? (Heston is about 20 million pounds - just the facilities and the pitches - land cost?). It takes away time (years) to find a new site, the price of land, the fight with local communities (legal), time and cost for planning approvals and construction - and only if we "all agree" on the new location (has to be in W12 etc) and so forth

4. "The Wrap" - Watford FC - "the delivery of ‘The Wrap.’ This project provides 164 mixed-tenure dwellings that wrap around the existing football stadium as well as WFC stadium
accommodation including new changing rooms, a media suite and offices as shell and core". Ridiculous as it seems, I am equating this to "our wrap" if we develop the stadium stands at the Loft and Stanley Bowles to incorporate the existing dwellings alongside it at Loftus and Ellerslie roads. Again I shall quote the "Right of light and Party Wall" service provided with the feasibility study. Why would this be undertaken if not with the view of doing this, and doing "the right thing" to our neighbours along Loftus and Ellerslie Roads and to a certain extent the School End?

5. Together with this limited information (and my make believe deductions), the engagement with the Council over 2 years of talk, to me, seems like a significant turn of events. Firstly, we have been told the talks are positive with Council and are progressing. Secondly, as we all know the tightness of the 5 acres site and the (im)possible room for expansion (air space or building envelope, buying school site notwithstanding), and by engaging experts with the know-how and "done it before" experience, I believe the Council has reasons to believe we are serious in the redevelopment in terms of the desire to work with the Authority and local communities for a win-win. Council might also agree partly due to the fact that to move the club to a site within the borough and the same post code, which it has be for 100 years, is an extremely difficult endeavour as we all already knew. And if we could expand a little (if not in size but mass / plot ratio) and simultaneously add the "financial life blood" facilities (to be sustainable) into the existing site within planning rules and regulations, I see no reasons for the Council to be uncooperative. I see only positives.

Pardon the wild speculation but like some say, anything is possible until we know the specifics.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 8:50]

Interesting but can you explain the £12000 per seat calculation?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 08:10 - Sep 22 with 2442 viewsHoopsie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 07:31 - Sep 22 by stevec

Interesting but can you explain the £12000 per seat calculation?

I made it up

Actually it should be 15k per seat:

Taking 30% and 50% seating capacity increase
Taking 75 and 93 million pounds

A 30% increase is 5,531 seats equate to the lower cost of 75m = 1 x seat @ 13,560
A 50% increase is 9,219 seats equate to the higher cost of 93m = 1 x seat @ 10,088

I just took the mean which is about 12,000 but now when you asked I realised it should cost much more per seat than the 30% increase if economies of scale to be factored.

So 1844 seats @ approximately 15,000 per seat = 27.7 million pounds*

*PS: I took the liberty to edit and update my above post with the new figure of 15k instead of 12k

there is no basis in this, all made up so I won't stress too much LOL

--------------------

I did a quick google and got this;

"The new 90,000-capacity Wembley Stadium has cost about £3,918 per seat, the City of Manchester Stadium £3,000 and the Telstra Stadium in Sydney, Australia, £3,468. But both Sunderland's Stadium of Light and Bolton Wanderers' Reebok Stadium were built for less than £1,000-a-seat" - from the Argus, 7 Nov 2005
&
Average building costs per seat in stadiums of the leading football divisions in Europe during decade 2007-2017 and 2009-2019 of which:
England 7564.5 euros bet 2009-2019 - from https://www.statista.com/statistics/968136/europe-average-cost-per-seat-in-stadi

I think we need higher figure for a redevelopment as in QPR Loftus Road, it will definitely be more than the cost quoted above as redevelopment (renovation, retrofit) always come at a higher cost (compare to new stadia which the figures above were) as it includes and involves a lot more than just an empty plot of land to build on - protecting assets, traffic management, planning costs, make good existing, restricted site access, restriction time of building works, length of construction contracts, engineer works of existing assets, upgrades, renewal to accommodate re-development etc etc etc.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 8:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024